Dice [h.s.]

By tpwk_pleaseeee

"She was an angel craving chaos. He was a demon seeking peace." -Helen - Their love wasn't supposed to happe... More

warning/intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
Prologue I

55

1.2K 26 9
By tpwk_pleaseeee

"I'd be his, if he asked." -Unknown

-

The morning sun of New York beamed against my freshly woken skin. The feeling of warmth coated my lips as I smiled. My eyes slowly opened just to be frightened by the shining sun.

I quickly turned over, putting my back against the window. Opening my eyes slightly, I caught a glimpse of Harry. He was asleep, weirdly. It must have been early. His chest moved up and down slowly while his eye slightly twitched. He took most of the blanket, leaving me with barely anything. I didn't mind though, the house was hot.

I turned back over to the window and rolled off the bed, landing on my feet. I ran my fingers through my curly, damp hair. I walked around the bed and entered the bathroom, quietly closing the door behind me.

The bathroom was modern with white walls and white tiles. It had splashes of grey but over all, everything was white. I moved in front of the big mirror above the sink and looked at my reflection. I was breaking out slightly, probably from the stress.

I turned the faucet on and ducked my head down. I scooped up water with my two hands and pressed it to my face. The burning pain of my hand withheld my ability to relax. I quickly released the water and shook the pain out of my hand. I should have never taken it out of that brace.

I took the towel hanging on the wall and dabbed my face dry before looking back in the mirror. My usual ocean blue eyes were darker than usual, kind of like a storm cloud. My smile was gone as all I felt was exhaustion. It's so hard to keep up the okay act. Especially when you're not.

I picked up my toothbrush and placed toothpaste on it. I began to brush my teeth, keeping eye contact with myself. Something I always loved about me was my confidence. I always loved me, no matter what. But right now, I don't love the person I'm looking back at in the mirror.

This person isn't Kennedy Monroe. The girl who always has a smile on her face, who doesn't murder people, who doesn't sleep around with a practical gang lord. I'm some alter ego who made its way out into the world. What the hell happened?

I spit the toothpaste out and rinsed my mouth out with the faucet. I put the toothbrush back before giving myself one more once over. I haven't eaten a full meal in a few days, I looked so skinny. I needed to eat.

I left the bathroom and looked at Harry. He was still asleep, his face now facing the bathroom. I walked past him and walked over to my bag of clothes. I pulled out one of my old "conservative" dresses I'd wear for gatherings or family affairs.

It was a short black dress that was flowy in the skirt area. It reminded me of a skater girl dress. The neckline was a straight line above my breast, not revealing anything. I put on a new bra and underwear before putting deodorant on and pulling the dress over my body.

I looked in the full body mirror in the corner of the room. I looked like a little girl. I shrugged and opened the bedroom door. I walked down the hallway and down the stairs to the kitchen where my phone sat on the charger.

I didn't have any new messages, which was a bonus. I reached into the fridge and grabbed a water bottle and a piece of bread from the loaf Dominic dropped off yesterday. I sat down at the corner and began to eat the singular piece of bread.

It felt good to have food in my stomach. I kind of forgot the feeling. As I ate the bread, I remembered what my plan was for today. I wanted to go back to my house and try and salvage the plants. I doubt there's anything left of them but I can try.

My mom and I cherished that garden. Once my dad allowed me to go in, I was helping her every chance I got. It was usually only for the spring and summer, but it meant the world to me to be able to help her.

I finished my piece of bread and took a few sips of my water. Thinking about the plants reminded me of my dad, sadly. I wonder if my old target practice spot is still there? It probably is. That place looked untouched.

It's been a few years since I've gone back. My mom would always come to me, not allowing me to go there. She was probably hiding something from me, more likely my father. I don't know why though, it looks like I just left for college.

That's a story. My father wasn't there the day my mom and I brought me to college. He had a better place to be than wishing his daughter good luck in college. I think he was just sour since he was losing his machine.

He did make it up to me by buying me a new computer. Back then, I thought he was a surgeon so I wasn't surprised how he bought it. But now, I wanna know where that money came from.

Probably drugs

I took another sip of water while quietly chuckling. I can't help but wonder where he got half his money. I don't even want to begin to think of everything he did to people. It's probably a thousand times worse than anything I've done.

"Kennedy?" Harry's groggy morning voice caught my attention as he limped towards me.

"Good morning." I took a sip of my water again and leaned back on my seat at the island.

"It's so late." Harry cleared his throat while glancing at the clock above the fridge. It said ten thirty.

"Not really. This is when normal people wake up." I collected all my hair and brought it to one shoulder.

"Haha." He said sarcastically.

"How are you feeling?" I followed Harry around the kitchen, watching him limp back and forth.

"My arm is a lot better." Harry moved his previously dislocated shoulder in a circle without tensing his face.

"That's good." I grinned.

"So, does that mean sex?" Harry leaned against the counter and completely faked a smile.

"Nice try, but no." I spoke solemnly, not really trying to fight with him right now. I don't have the patience.

"I tried. So, what are we doing today?" Harry limped around the counter and sat down beside me.

"Want to come see my childhood home?" I glanced towards him, watching his smirk fade.

"Wait, seriously?" Harry turned his body towards mine as I shifted my head to face forward.

"Mind as well. Xavier doesn't have anything for me." I shrugged while running my fingers through my hair once more.

I do this out of a habit of stress

"Are you sure?" Harry asked hesitantly.

"Sure. Don't you wanna see where the mastermind that is Jack Monroe did all his plotting and torturing of his daughter?" I smirked while turning to face him. Harry chuckled.

"Yeah, sure. I'll get dressed as soon as I've got some food in me." Harry grinned before hopping off the seat and limping over to the fridge.

The next three hours consisted of Harry eating and me watching him eat. It took him nearly half an hour to decide what he wanted. And when I tell you I was mesmerized, I was shell shocked. I had never seen him eat before, and I know why. He eats his weight in the morning and doesn't eat again. And I'm never up to see him.

After that, he had gotten dressed which allowed me to take a little nap while we waited. I was in and out of sleep last night due to some nightmares. It wasn't anything important.

Finally, at two in the afternoon, we were ready to go. He was wearing a suit, as per usual. I slipped my feet into converse and headed out the door, leaving him to stumble his own way.

It was hot out today, with the sun beating against your skin. I smiled at the sun kissed feeling. Sometimes, New York weather is the best. Other times, it makes me want to die.

Harry got into the car first since I was so distracted by the sun. I always loved the sun. The way it shined, the fact that if you got too close you'd die, or that it's secretly a star. I just loved everything about it.

I got in the car and immediately blasted the ac onto Harry and I's faces. Of course, he opened the car window as if he was trying to annoy me. But it wasn't my car so I didn't care that much.

"So, where's this evil lair?" Harry questioned as I began to drive the long way to my house from here.

"In the crappiest part of town you could imagine." I smirked while focusing my attention on the road.

"Seriously? Your dad was loaded. He couldn't give you a mansion?" Harry scoffed as I chuckled at his comment.

"Funny you mention. He actually gave away half my inheritance in his will. Which I think just went to the Suckers since he thought I'd get it one way or another." I smiled, not very genuinely, as I turned down my block.

"My dad did that. But I did get it one way or another." Harry shrugged beside me as he rolled his window down.

I parked the car a little away from the house, checking for cameras. Who was I kidding? In this part of town, you're lucky for a street lamp. I put the car in park and got out of the car.

Harry followed after me and I immediately double locked the car. He followed me down the street with his limp, trailing close behind me. As soon as we approached, I stopped and faced the house.

"La casa de Monroe." I held my hands out as if I was presenting a project to a classroom of students.

"This dump?" Harry scoffed.

"Hey!" I elbowed him softly in his rib. He chuckled while looking between me and the house.

"You, came out of that? What happened? Shouldn't you be a hobo or something?" Harry turned his head to look at the house differently.

"Technically, I am. But stop bashing my house. Follow me." I pushed past him and walked up the driveway instead of entering the house.

Harry followed behind me, allowing me to lead the way. The rocks of the driveway shriveled under our feet as we made our way to the backyard. Immediately, a sea of completely dead plants entered my vision. Yeah, there was no saving this.

"Ready for some stories?" I glanced behind me as I opened the gate to the backyard. I pushed it open, holding it for Harry to enter.

"Of course." He mumbled.

I closed the gate and walked past him. I glanced around the backyard until my eyes fell on the familiar spot. Still sitting in the fence was one of my fathers old pocket knives.

I moved towards it and kneeled down. I pulled the knife out from the fence and twirled it around in my hand. I looked over to Harry who was looking at me very confused.

"This is where I first learned how to aim. I'd stand exactly where you were and I'd aim. If I didn't get it, Leonardo would force me to run around the yard. If I made it, I'd move to a bigger gun or a bigger knife." I looked down at the knife and narrowed my eyes at the dried blood on the tip.

"This was my dad's swiss army knife. The blood," I moved towards Harry and held the knife between us, "That's mine." I handed him the knife. I watched him hold it up to his eyes and look at the blood.

"Did he stab you?" Harry asked, very concerned.

"No, he didn't. At least not intentionally. We would fight with real weapons and that's always what he used. He nicked me right here." I pointed at the scar on my forearm, covered by a moon tattoo.

"Shit." He mumbled.

"That tree over there. That was my punching bag for a while. Also the bullet holes in it meant more target practice." I pointed to the tree in the far corner of the backyard.

So many memories flashed through my head looking around the yard. All of them were my father training me. The blood splatters on the fence, mine. The bullets on the floor, mine and Leonardo's. Everything left was from my childhood.

"My father and Leonardo would bring me out here to train every single day after school until dinner. Leaving me enough time to do my homework." I wrapped my arms around my stomach while remembering.

"Kennedy, I'm so sorry." Harry moved towards me, hesitant on doing what he wanted to do.

Comfort me

"It's nothing to be sorry for. I endured it because I didn't know any better. If it weren't for Natalie, I'd probably feel like it's normal." I shrugged while looking back at the big red target painted on the fence.

"He shaped me to be who I am today. A killer. That's what he wanted me to be, and that's what I am. All his hard work paid off." I stared blankly at the beat up fence as the sun strangled my skin with heat.

"You're nothing like what your father groomed you to be." Harry gripped my shoulder and pulled me towards him, briefly glossing over the gunshot scar on my shoulder.

I glanced over at it and back at his face. He looked sad. Fuck, I was making him sad. That's not what I meant to do.

"On a happier note, there's one good memory I have of this place." I moved towards the useless example of a garden.

"My mom and I would garden here together almost everyday in the summer. It was our thing when I wasn't fucking around or training. These were my favorites, the roses." I moved down the row and pointed to the dead roses in the corner. Roses were my favorite flower. Specifically black roses. They are not natural, but they are beautiful.

"My mum loved roses." Harry spoke quietly from behind me as he followed my path. I grinned.

"She had good taste. Roses' are my favorite flower, thanks to my mother. My father would always get her poppies, thinking they were roses. They don't even look the same but she always loved them." I started to feel tears building up behind my eyes, remembering the last memory I had of all of us together.

It was my parents' anniversary. Their twentieth. My dad had bought her poppies and a new diamond necklace. She had got him a new watch and something else I didn't quite see. They were so happy. They were touching each other the whole time while I sat quietly across the table.

I remember the smile across both of their faces when my dad pulled out a bouquet of actually roses, knowing they were my mom's favorite. She started to cry as she continually kissed him thank you's. I never saw them so happy except when they were together.

Before I could stop myself, a single tear fell from my eyes. I knew Harry could see it, but I didn't care. I wiped it quickly, trying to stop the others from falling too. But I failed and before I knew it, I was fucking crying.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked innocently from behind me. I just shrugged while keeping a light touch on the roses.

"Just remembering. My dad bought her roses the last time I ever saw them together. I guess the Roses were a trigger." I chuckled through my tears while tightening my hold on my stomach.

I could feel the indecisiveness radiating off of Harry. He didn't know what to do. But little did he know, I didn't really need him to comfort me. I was more just letting it go. I hadn't really cried over my father after everything I've found out about him.

"I feel like I shouldn't see him in this light. As a good man, because he wasn't. But he's my dad. I can't just stop loving him." I let go of the dead rose and turned towards Harry. He was close, but not close enough to touch.

"I understand, trust me. I had a dad just like that. A good man to me, but a terrible man to others." Harry moved closer to me, welcoming his presence beside me. I didn't flinch away.

"I don't know why I'm crying. Just memories I guess." I shrugged while glancing up at him. He was frowning.

"Anything happy you can tell me about this place?" Harry tried to change the subject. I wiped my cheeks and nodded.

"When I used to be a slutty teenager, my dad caught a boy fucking me in my bed. He got out his gun and nearly shot the poor kid." I chuckled lightly as the vision of the kid running out of my house in just his tidy widys.

"Please, my dad nearly slit a girl's throat 'cause she came in the house." Harry chuckled with me.

"Our dad's were psychos." I chuckled more loudly, finally feeling free of the sadness that was in my mind.

"You can say that again." Harry snickered.

"Wanna see inside?" I glanced towards the house, eyesight following my line of vision.

"Yeah." He nodded.

I brought Harry into the house and showed him all the rooms, leaving my room for last. He was shocked. I would be too. You wouldn't think I grew up in this when looking at me.

When we finally reached my room, Harry was even more astonished. He looked around at the girly childhood room with a smirk. I think he caught sight of my condom drawer that I guess I didn't close completely.

I could have sworn I did

I told some more stories, but none that were cry worthy. Most of them were funny teenager stories about smoking weed or having secret sex. I told him how hard it was to fuck in a twin bed. I would never want to try it again.

An hour or two went by until we felt like it was time to leave. There wasn't really much to the house, at least that I knew of. My father rarely ever allowed me into his office, let alone tell me where the key was. One day, I'm gonna go in there.

The car ride back was pretty silent. It was a comfortable silence, like we needed it to think. I was feeling good after letting all that out. The only person I ever told that stuff to was Xavier, and only half of what I said was mentioned to him.

I've never been one to share my childhood or personal experiences. I feel like once people find out how I grew up, they'll be afraid of me. They'll leave and tell everyone to watch out for me because I'm dangerous.

Yeah, I'm fucking amazing at combat and can probably take down a russian mob boss. But I'm not going to hurt an innocent person on the side of the street. I guess I just have trust issues in that way.

But for some reason, I knew Harry wasn't going to run. I don't know if it's because he's even more insane then I am. Or maybe it's the fact that we both have daddy issues. But either way, I just knew.

When we got back to the house, Harry and I kind of made a spiritual agreement to sit on the couch and drink some wine. So, I found a random container of wine in a cabinet and brought over two wine cups.

I placed them on the coffee table in the living room and poured red wine into either of the cups. I slipped off my shoes as I took my cup and sat down beside Harry. I took a sip of wine and smiled at the bitter taste. I liked wine, it made me feel older.

"I didn't have the best childhood either, ya know." Harry spoke softly beside me as he took a sip of his drink.

I stayed quiet, allowing him to speak.

"My dad was a drunk. Like, bad. He'd always come home late at night, drunk out of his mind. Not a day went by when he wasn't intoxicated by the end of the day." Harry sighed.

"My mum, god bless her soul, was the backbone. She was like a breath of fresh air. She didn't do any of that shit and wasn't involved with my dad's shit. She knew all about it, but actually worked at a hospital." Harry took another sip of his wine while taking a deep breath.

"I understand why he was a drunk though. Being a fucking casino owner is hard. But instead of drinking, I turn to working out. That's why I'm always up so early. It's how I get my anger and stress out. Also another reason why I never have more than two drinks of alcohol ever." Harry cleared his throat, signifying the end of his confession.

I wasn't hesitant like Harry on how to comfort him. I moved closer to him and leaned my head on his shoulder. I could feel his breath on me as he moved to see me. I could practically see the confusion.

"Sometimes I wish my dad was an alcoholic so I'd have something to blame everything on." I wrapped my arms around his arm after placing my wine cup down on the coffee table.

Harry's breath returned to my face after hearing another one of my rare confessions. I wasn't lying though. When I finally realized what had been going on, I searched for something to blame it all on. A mental illness, a sickness. But nothing was wrong with him. It was just... him.

Harry's fingers grabbed my chin and turned my face to look at him. Before I could catch a glimpse of him, his lips were pressing against mine. I didn't fight it, instead I kissed him back.

I kissed his soft lips back, feeling the intense feeling behind them. He's not very good at expressing his feelings, I know that. I think it's easier for him to do it physically, rather than verbally.

I'm the very opposite

He moved his hand to my cheek and held it while keeping our lips attached. It wasn't a kiss meant to lead to anything. It was a kiss of compassion. He was saying thank you. Thank you for opening up and being vulnerable. And I said it right back.

It was weird. I didn't want to let go. I felt as if, when I did, the moment would be ruined by something. I wanted to stay in this little bubble, where his lips were my breath of fresh air. All my worries faltered at his touch.

We both hesitantly pulled away, sighing at the sudden emptiness. I kept my eyes open while staring at his tensed face. He was fighting something, I could tell. He looked just like the first time we had sex. Confused, scared, tired.

"What are you fighting?" I questioned while moving my hand to grip his hair. He sighed and leaned his head back.

"Everything." He whispered back. His nose flared as he kept his head back. He took my wrist with his good hand and pressed it against his chest.

"Why?" I whispered back to him while moving closer against his body. I don't know what has come over me.

I thought I said no to sex?

"I always thought the dice were right," Harry lifted his head and opened his eyes into mine. "But this. This feels so right it's fucking scary." Harry's eyes moved frantically in mine.

I moved both my hands to his neck as he grabbed onto my wrists. He squeezed his eyes shut again, feeling the nerves in his body shake from fear. I could feel his heartbeat against my palm, feeling the rapid paste.

"Sometimes you've just got to say fuck it to fate." I smirked while moving up to my knees.

"Sometimes you just got to stick your middle finger in the air and say fuck it to fate." I smiled while earning a small chuckle from his lips.

I closed my eyes, remembering a pretty similar conversation to this one. For a guy who's pretty rebellious, he sure knows how to restrain himself. Harry's eyes opened again, immediately staring into mine. A smile slowly appeared on his face as we both flipped to the same page of our forever on going book.

Like opposite sides of a magnet, our lips pressed against each other. His hands immediately found my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I know I said no sex, but the opportunity was to good to pass up.

He moved my body to straddle his lap, steering clear of his thigh wound and balancing me on one thigh. I felt so wrong doing this. I didn't want to be the reason he was going to be hurt again.

"Wait." I pulled back, detaching our lips to clear my conscience. Harry looked at me with confusion.

"What's wrong?" Harry questioned while holding tightly onto my hips. I could feel the anticipation radiating off of him.

"I don't feel right doing this. What if I hurt you?" I glanced down at his leg that was sitting quietly beside us.

"Your not go-"

Harry's sentence was cut short by the sound of a bullet breaking through the glass of our front door. Immediately I rolled off of Harry and picked up my gun beside the wine. Harry stood frozen in his seat as I looked towards the door. All roads leading to sex had immediately been clogged with traffic.

Another bullet came flying through the glass, leaving more residue on the ground. I held my gun up at the door, expecting someone to come into the house. Who could have found us? All I know is, we need to get back to Las Vegas.

"Harry, call Xavier. I'll go pack up all our shit. We've got to move." I glanced towards Harry and threw him my jacket sitting on the chair.

Before Harry could argue against me, I ran across the room just missing a flying bullet. I ran up the stairs and down the hallway. Our room was a mess of shattered glass in the window. I guess we didn't hear it because of our congestion in each.

I frantically packed our stuff, shoving my small baggie of clothes into his suitcase. I don't know how we're going to get out of here without blood being spilled. I went as quick as I could before a bullet came flying through the empty window, skimming my arm.

"Shit." I whispered as blood began to drop from my shoulder. Of course they hit the shoulder with no bullet wound.

I zipped up Harry's suitcase and grabbed his meds before running back down the stairs. I ducked lowly as I met up with Harry by the couch, the safest place in this whole house right now.

Suddenly an incline of bullets hit through the house, hitting every ounce of glass. I cocked my gun while Harry got on the phone with Xavier. I quickly exchanged my phone for the weapon and went behind the couch.

"X?" I questioned quietly as I watched Harry get up and hide against the wall. He was gonna shoot.

"What the fuck is going on?" He questioned me on the phone as my breath quickened. I glanced towards Harry then collapsed to the floor.

"We're under fire. I think Leonardo found us." I glanced towards Harry again and watched him begin to shoot at the window.

"Fuck, okay. There's an extra car in the garage. You can get in there from the backdoor. The entry code is six six seven. From there, drive to New Jersey. Then go to the private plane airport me and you once smoked weed in. I'll have a plane waiting there for you." Xavier spoke frantically through the phone. I looked over the couch to see Harry reloading the gun.

"Okay. Got it. Thanks." I mumbled into the phone before hanging up. I stuck the phone in my mouth as I grabbed my jacket and swung it on.

I shoved my phone in my pocket before grabbing the suitcase and rushing towards Harry. He was shooting at the hands in the window, definitely hitting them repeatedly.

"We've got to go out the back." I glanced towards the back door that seemed miles away.

"How am I supposed to get there without getting shot?" Harry pressed the gun to his chest while glancing back.

"Give into the pain H." I took the suitcase and put it on its wheels. I wasn't gonna carry it normally, it would slow me down.

"Follow me." I whispered before checking for any more bullets. Another wave of them hit, then silence.

I immediately began to run to the backdoor. Thankfully, no bullets flew as I frantically opened the door and ran out the backdoor. I knew Harry would be close behind so I ran down the steps of the backyard and to the garage.

I quickly punched in the numbers of the code, watching the garage doors open. Heavy breath filled my ears, forcing me to turn around and see Harry facing me, holding his stomach. His stitches must have broken.

I can't worry about that right now

We both frantically ran into the garage, coming face to face with the car. It was a beautiful car that I had once seen before. It was a red GT500 mustang, otherwise known as little red. This was Xavier's dad's car, his prized possession.

That I was about to ruin

I threw the suitcase in the trunk as Harry and I climbed into the car. The black hood stood low above our heads as I started the keys in the ignition. We both put our seat belts on before glancing at each other.

"Let's hope we don't get shot." I held up my crossed fingers before reaching into my jacket. I pulled out another gun, the one from the house. I handed it to Harry, leaving him on sniper duty.

I rolled the car slightly forward, activating the garage doors. They opened slowly. I didn't wait for it to be completely open. As soon as we could fit, I floored it. With the windows up and the radio silent, I slammed on the pedal.

Thank god I parked the car on the street.

Bullets shot at the car but I couldn't look at who was shooting. One came at the window, but merely hit it. I quickly turned the wheel, turning down the street as Harry stuck out the window, ignoring his pain, and shot at the shooters.

Eventually, the fire stopped and it went silent. Harry got back into the car and rolled his window up. Harry applied pressure to his stomach as he dropped the weapons to the floor.

I moved to one hand on the steering wheel and looked towards Harry. Blood was seeping through his clothes, coating his abdomen. I moved my free hand to his wound and applied pressure over his hands. He squeezed his eyes shut while breathing through his nose.

"Want me to stop at the hospital?" I questioned while focusing my attention between him and the road.

"No, I'll be. F-fine." Harry coughed, but blood came out as he did so. He was bleeding, and bleeding bad.

"No, H. I'm not losing you. I'm taking you to a hospital." I turned down the street, on the way to the hospital. If it meant getting caught, I would endure that pain for him.

"No!" He shouted while trying to move towards me. But the pain was too much for him.

I held as much pressure on him as possible, trying to stop the bleeding. As soon as I turned down the road to the hospital, we were met with dead stop traffic. Fucking rush hour. I slammed my hands on the steering wheel and tried to look for alternate ways.

"Fuck." I whispered under my breath while knowing the only way to get to this hospital fast.

I pulled out from our spot in traffic and started to drive the opposite way. I removed my bloody hand from his stomach and placed it on the wheel. The blood smeared all over the wheel as I turned down a small, narrow alleyway.

Harry began to whimper beside me as I appeared on the street. I turned sharply onto the road and slammed on the pedal, driving as fast as I could. I wasn't even bothered with the police at this point.

I turned another corner, nearly hitting the people walking across it. The hospital parking lot appeared in sight. I moved my hand back to Harry's stomach, listening to the sound of his coughs and pants.

I knew today was a terrible idea

"You're going to be okay H." I glanced towards him, frowning at his knitted eyebrows and pained lip quiver.

I quickly turned into the emergency room bay, parking the car at the entrance. I knew there were bullet holes in the sides and I knew I was bleeding on my arm. Although, I think it had stopped. But none of that mattered. He was all that mattered. Harry wasn't going to die.

I put the car in park and climbed out as fast as I could. I ran around the car and opened the car door. As I grabbed Harry, I began to shout. I wasn't going to be able to get him out myself.

"Help me!" I shouted, glancing at the revolving doors of the E.R. Two nurses came rushing out.

"Ma'am what's wrong?" One of the nurses questioned while glancing at the beat up car.

"Please, he just got surgery and his stitches reopened." Me and the nurses frantically got Harry out of the car. He yelped as he tried to walk.

"I need a gurney!" The other nurse shouted towards the hospital. Almost immediately, a team of people came rushing out.

This was to much of a familiar sight

"What's his name?" The same nurse questioned as the team got Harry on the gurney. They began to rush him in, leaving me behind.

"Harry Styles. Please, don't let him die." I wrapped my arms around my stomach as the nurse nodded.

"We won't." The nurse tapped my shoulder before running into help, leaving me all alone.

I felt my stomach drop as tears began to form at the rim of my eyes. He could die, again. All because of Leonardo. Fucking, Leonardo. As soon as I get my hands on him, he's fucking dead.

I slammed the car door shut and leaned my back against it. I slid down the door to the warm concrete under the New York sun. I brought my knees to my chest as I allowed the tears to fall down my cheeks.

"Are you happy?" I gulped while glancing to the side. I knew our luck was too good, someone had followed us.

"Why would you ask that?" The incriminating voice of, not Leonardo, but Robert pierced my ears.

"Because you did this to him." I met his eyes, his cold eyes. He had a grin on his face.

"Now Kennedy, I merely showed him a lesson." Robert had his hands shoved in his pocket. He was standing beside me, smoking a cigarette.

"How did you find us?" I sniffled while slowly rising from my position on the floor. Our eyes were still locked on each other.

"I was in town and went to pick something up from your fathers house. You were there with Styles. So, I followed you. Since Leonardo has a warrant for your death, I thought I'd win some good points." Robert chuckled while spitting his cigarette out and stomping on it.

"So why haven't you killed me yet? Huh?" I wiped the tears from my face while looking towards the car.

Harry's gun was sitting under the car. I guess it fell out.

"Leonardo wants to kill you. I will, however, gladly take you and hand deliver you to him." Robert smirked while rocking on his feet. He pulled a towel out from his pocket.

"Now why not get the satisfaction of killing me yourself?" I questioned while slowly moving towards the car. I bent down, pretending to check myself in the mirror. I picked up the gun and slipped it into the pocket of my inner jacket.

"I have nothing against you darling. I personally loved your family. You were such a cute kid. And you haven't done anything wrongful to me. But Leonardo? Hurting his apprentice? Now that's crossing a line." Robert began to walk closer and closer to me. I wrapped my arm around my stomach and grabbed the gun.

"My mother is his apprentice? Good to know." I kept a straight face while slowly moving around the car to avoid him.

"Yes, she's a very important asset. Now, no more talking. Can we just do this the easy way?" Robert asked while straightening his arm out. I smirked and nodded.

"Of course we can, Robert." I began to walk backwards, trying to lure him as far away from the hospital as I could.

"Then why are you backing away?" Robert tightened his jaw while beginning to walk faster.

Eventually, I got him behind a supply truck. I stopped in my tracks, allowing him to get close to me. He wrapped his hand in the towel which I'm assuming was laced with chloroform.

As soon as he got close enough, I grabbed onto the gun and pulled it out, I pointed it between us and pushed it against his stomach. I didn't even hesitate to pull the trigger, sending a bullet into his body.

Robert staggered back as blood began to seep from his stomach. I smiled at the gun, thank god I took the one with a silencer. Robert's eyes widened as he fell to the floor, holding onto the truck for dear life. I moved towards him and bent down, holding the gun lazily in my hand.

"Next time you fuck with me, the bullet will be in your head." I tapped his forehead with the barrel of the gun.

"P-please." Robert whimpered as he held pressure to his wound. I'm pretty sure I didn't hit anything crucial. This wasn't to kill him. I just wanted to make an example of him, for Leonardo.

"Oh, and be sure to tell Leonardo. Maybe he won't treat me like a toy anymore. Oh, night night." I smiled as Robert's eyes fluttered shut, probably from the pain. I shook my head before standing up.

I shoved the gun back in my jacket pocket before looking around the parking lot. It was empty, surprisingly. I emerged from behind the truck, wiping my hands on my dress.

I walked back towards the hospital and pushed through the revolving doors. I wasn't worried, not anymore. I had too much on my mind. I walked down the hallway, remembering this hospital. I was here when I got my tonsils out. I sat down in the waiting room and crossed my legs.

And now, we wait. 

-

a/n: I felt so many emotions writing this chapter that I don't know how to feel. But, can we all agree that Kennedy's getting scarier every chapter. Also, what's her obsession with the sun about?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 39.4K 83
[COMPLETED] "And as for owning you, princess" He pauses, hissing between his teeth. "When I decide you're mine, I know exactly what to do to ruin you...
136K 2.6K 60
"Are you gonna call me Mr. Lizard from now?" "Of course." [Book One of The Adelaide Duncan Series] HIGHEST RANKINGS~ #79 in mazerunnerfanfiction #1...
497K 10K 65
๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ ๐ ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ง๐ž๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž. "Y-you want to kill me?" "No, I want to ruin you." Death Hood. A clo...
269K 6.3K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc