karasuno, fight! || a haikyuu...

By X-XiA0SHI

status...! open!! (feel free to request some scenarios hehe) More

dem rules.!
oc forms.!
oc ii.: mika kato.
oc iii.: leiko nishikawa.
some angst scenarios.!
some fluff scenarios.!
single parent au!scenarios.!
some hogwarts au!scenarios.!
hang out my oc.!

oc i.: masashi kato.

140 2 6
By X-XiA0SHI

╔═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╗

  THE BASICS.

╚═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╝

𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚: 
masashi kato.
kanji: 
加藤 雅志 
hiragana:
かとう まさし

𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨(𝙨):
masarin. (kuroo, inarizaki boy's basketball club, occasionally classmates)
 makkun. (older friends, elderly people in his neighborhood, his mother)

what he calls others:
tekkun. (kuroo)
ika. (mika)
shinsun. (kita)
atsumun. (atsumu; begrudgingly, since he felt as though it would be weird that he knew him for so long but refused to use the way he usually refers to people he personally knows.)

𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧: male

𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩: 6'0" (183 cm.)
𝙬𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩: 162 lbs. (74 kg.)

𝙖𝙜𝙚: 17-18 (pre-timeskip), 23-24 (post-timeskip)

𝙨𝙚𝙭𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮: asexual

birthday: december 29th

occupation: high school student (2012-2013), firefighter (2014-current)

school: inarizaki

year: 3rd

club: boy's basketball

position: shooting guard , captain (jersey number: 1)

╔═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╗

PERSONALITY.

╚═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╝

masashi tends to have a serious attitude about things, whether that be his studies, basketball, or anything else he sets his mind to. though it's rather admirable in the eyes of people around him, there has been one or more occasions when he takes things a little too seriously, such as jokes or pranks. however, it only takes some reassurance and the occasional comfort to let him know that. he also doesn't hold back, especially when it comes to playing basketball with the rookies on the basketball team, which sometimes overwhelms them.

masashi also tends to be rather oblivious to social cues. from love confessions to simple hand gestures, he often cocks his head in confusion or handles them with a bit less care than what he's supposed to. despite this, he tries to understand them as much as he could, making this seem endearing to the people around him.

being the oldest out of six siblings, he's a little bit more mature than his peers, often seeing himself agreeing with adults more and being less impulsive. although this makes him seem uptight, he actually is somewhat relaxed. for example, when he catches his teammates slacking off or goofing around, though disappointed, he begrudgingly lets them go with the promise he wouldn't catch them doing this again.

though it isn't obvious, masashi shows subtle favoritism towards friends and family depending on his mood and how close he is with them. for instance, if he feels particularly good that day, he might hang out with some friends that aren't so close to him or spoil his more younger siblings with treats and toys. if he's just feeling normal, he'll just opt for his closest friends or siblings that are more closer to his age. even so, he tries his best not to show this very often, thinking that this behavior is inappropriate.

he seems to have an intense fear of thunder (astraphobia) and gets extremely embarrassed if this is ever brought up. on that note, he actually gets scared very easily (much to his dismay.) despite this, he enjoys horror movies, ghost stories, and the like very much.

likes:
adobo fried rice, festivals, basketball, chicken pancit, dango, horror movies, ghost stories.

dislikes:
corn, bland ramen, thunderstorms, quote-unquote "weird people" (referring to tourists he interacted with while in tokyo and atsumu miya.)

╔═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╗

APPEARANCE.

╚═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╝

clothing:
casual:
black, baggy sweatpants and a beige shirt with some sort of black logo printed on the front. he wears a golden ring hung by a thin string as a necklace. sometimes, he may wear a white jacket with a bright, teal collar with black stripes on the sleeves around his waist or off his right shoulder.

date:
an olive green trucker jacket with yellow accents on the arms, a yellow v-neck, and denim jeans. he still keeps his necklace with the golden ring on.

╔═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╗

BACKSTORY.

╚═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╝

masashi has had a very normal, mediocre life, with nothing particularly standing out. sure, it had a few ups and downs, but for the most part, nothing really impacted him on a huge level.

however, he was influenced by a lot of things growing up. for example when he saw his parents helping out people and getting a postive reaction out of it, he, wanting praise, decided to do it himself, eventually helping out other people out of habit. 

he was introduced to basketball informally through street ball when his father decided to take him to play with his friend's sons, who were much taller, older, and stronger than him. despite his inital reluctant attitude and way too many bruises and scabs that even he was confused on where it came from, he still managed to have a lot of fun playing the sport. his most distinct memory of when he decided he wanted to play basketball was when one of the boys he was playing with ruffled his hair as in 'good job', even when he barely contributed to anything in that game.

╔═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╗

RELATIONSHIPS.

╚═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╝

love interest(s):
tetsuro kuroo , shinsuke kita

friend(s):
tetsuro kuroo, shinsuke kita, aran ojiro, michinari akagi, ren omimi, his basketball teammates, kaede enomoto (oc, boy's basketball club manager)

enemy(ies):
atsumu miya (refers to him as a "weird person." while he technically has nothing against him, and it's the same for atsumu, however, masashi does have a negative perception of him)

family:
arisu kato  (mother - 45 yrs.)
marshall kato  (father - 43 yrs.)
mika kato  (younger sister - 16 yrs.)
hideo kato (younger brother - 14 yrs.)
yuta kato (younger brother - 13 yrs.)
jin kato (youngest sister - 11 yrs.)
mako kato (youngest brother - 8 yrs.)

╔═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╗

STATS.

╚═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╝

power: 4
jumping: 1
stamina: 5
speed: 2
technique: 5*
game sense: 5
*technique on this scale refers solely to his performance in basketball. unfortunately, technique seems to completely disappear in regards to literally everything else he does, as he prefers to take rather more... impractical courses of action. though often successful, he takes way too long to complete tasks. examples include taking a crowded bus that takes 30 minutes to get to school when he simply could've walked there in 10 minutes due to the bus being his usual commute.

╔═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╗

TRIVIA.

╚═══════ ๏࿇๏ ═══════╝

・ he is ethnically half-filipino and half-japanese. although he's not very involved with filipino culture and can't read, speak, or write in the language, he loves the food very, very much.

・ although he denies this, he keeps an unofficial ranking of his siblings in his mind, ordered by 1., his favorite, and 5., "meh" or "slightly annoying". these rankings tend to change a lot, however.

・ he seems to get along greatly with people older than him in neighborhood, often helping out elderly people or play street ball with the older kids.

・ masashi was a huge mama's boy as a child (and still is, in some aspects). he loves his mom very much, and it's the same in return.

・ how he defines "weird people" is mostly based on how impractical they are, which is rather hypocritical, considering his behavior. for some reason, he never noticed this.

・ in terms of who's the toughest to please when it comes to romantic relationships, it turns out to be masashi himself. he has the tendency to use his family when it comes to his relationships as a way to get an outsider's perspective.

favorite food:
adobo fried rice

current concern: 
mako (his little brother) barked at him once and he isn't sure if it's a problem with him, mako, or if he's just being dramatic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 45.6K 54
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
53.4M 379K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
28.2K 2K 49
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...