Forever | ✓

By nessawritess_

[ A NOT SO LONG STORY] "I don't like sharing what's mine. I don't even like when someone touches what's mine... More

🖤
Aesthetics
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
Epilogue
Author's note

ten

14.3K 511 51
By nessawritess_

Vihaan opened the door to his apartment when he noticed that it was whole dark in the living room. It was pure silence inside the house.

Is Kiara not home yet?

He made his way towards the bedroom only to find Kiara pacing around the room shivering with panic.

"Kiara?"

She turned to him. Her eyes filled with tears. Grave look visible on her face. His heart filled with sorrow at the sight infront of him. He immediately kept his laptop bag and advanced towards her. Seeing him, Kiara embraced him securely and broke down in tears.

He wrapped his arms around her and soothed her.

"Vi, he-that man, he died be-because of me. He-",

"Shh, Kiara. First, calm down." He kept patting her back to calm her.

Vihaan held her arms and said, "I know you're very upset-".

Kiara suddenly pushed him away, "No, you don't." She yelled at him.
She covered her eyes with her hand and kept weeping. She was feeling awful right now.

Vihaan, worried about her state pulled her towards him and wiped her tears. "It's okay, everything will be alright." He comforted her.

He then hugged her and sat on the bed and made her sit on his lap. She hid her face in his chest and started wailing. He gently kissed her head.

After some time when her sob died down, he grabbed her cheeks tenderly with one hand while other rested at her waist to keep her firm.

"Are you okay, angel?"

She shooked her head negatively. She grabbed his collar and said, "Vi, that man. He had an accident and I failed at operating him. He died and I couldn't do anything. You know, while going inside the room, his mother hopefully asked me to save him."

She wiped her tears and continued, "I had one job and I couldn't do it properly. I was unsuccessful and and it resulted into someone else's demise."

He silently listened to her not wanting to interrupt her. He stayed quiet until she finsihed.

He joined their forehead and kept it for a moment. He held her hand with his and said, "It's not your fault that-"

"It is."

"Kiara, listen to me first. You are a doctor. Not a god. You are supposed to try to save people lives and not guarantee it. It was the man's destiny. He was supposed to live till now only. This is not some indian drama where you will pray to god for a dead person and suddenly they will wake up. And you cannot be successful every single time. There will be times when you will fail. There will be times like this again. Are you going to blame yourself for it everytime? No, you cannot. What matters is that did you give your hundred percent?"

She nodded softly. "Then, you're not at fault. Okay. Stop blaming yourself."

She again nodded at him. She was shocked at how easily he can comfort her, when no one else can. A comfortable silence surrounded them as they looked into each other's eyes.

She then gave him a soft lingering peck at his cheek and laid her head in his chest. Staying in the same position for a few minutes, with utter silence, she lifted up her head.

"I'm sorry. It's so embarrassing that I cried infront of you."

He again joined their forehead together, "Kia. It's me, Vihaan. Your Vi. You can do anything infront of me."

She smiled at him but then suddenly scrunched her nose in disgust, "I can't poop infront of you. That's utterly disgusting."

"Oh, she's back." He chuckled at this.

He held her hands and asked, "Do you want anything?"

She nodded. "Ice cream."

"Kia, no, it's night time." He said with a stern voice rejecting her request as he know she's very sensitive and can't handle too much cold and will start sneezing right there.

She put up an innocent pout and faked crying, saying, "Just one, please. It will comfort me."

He smirked and said, "you don't need ice cream. I can comfort you."

She raised her eyebrow and smirked at him giving him a teasing look, "you can?"

He rolled her eyes, "Stop. Fine, let's go and feed you ice cream."

♡♡♡

It was evening when Kiara was searching for Vihaan in the living room. She just watched a movie with a sad ending, so she wanted to cuddle with him as it was her favorite thing to do.

She looked around and noticed a figure in the balcony which was attached to the living room. She walked closer to the door, Vihaan was sitting in the couch, working in his laptop, as usual.

The couch was the most favorite place for Kiara in the whole apartment. When she came a week ago, it was just a simple couch lying there, but then she got the idea of decorating it with lights and plants.

So she adorned the couch with soft pillows and placed a table infront of it. She laid a carpet down in the floor and placed a big plant to give more of a natural look. She decorated the railings with small lights which shone brightly under the dark sky.

Vihaan was enchanted with the decorations and soon the place became their comfort zone.

She ran towards him calling out his name. He turned to look at her as to wondering why she's running. She instantly leaped onto him sitting beside him and wrapped her arms around his torso.

He was taken aback for a while but quicky straightened out. His heart beat fastened due to their proximity. He brought his hands to her hair and started brushing it gently, enveloping her in his arms.

"Vi, you know I saw a movie and the man, he died in the last. It was so heartbreaking." She whispered in a sad tone.

He kissed her head to comfort her. She buried her head more in his chest. She pulled back, her arms still around him and looked at him.

"What were you doing?" She asked him and then kept her index finger on her cheeks and continued, "Oh, wait. You were working." She said in a duh tone.

"You know, today when I was coming back home. There's this two men came down from their bike and started slapping another man and he was standing there getting beaten. And I was like he must have done something wrong and he'd be like, Chalo maar kha hi lete hai. When I was young, like in school, I used to enjoy these fights so much."

She continued her rambling but when she didn't got any response from Vihaan, she noticed him staring at her with a smile. "What? Why are you smiling like that?"

He cleared his throat, "I wanted to ask you something. Have you ever been in a relationship?" He asked her in a soft tone.

Kiara raised her right eyebrows. "No I mean, you know about mine. I just wanted to know. No problem, if you don't want to share."

He just wanted to know if she loves someone else or not. Like did she also had a special someone in her life.

"Oh chill out. I don't have any sort of deep, dark bad past about which I can't speak. I had two boyfriend previously." Her energetic tone suddenly changed into a gloomy one which didn't go unnoticed by Vihaan.

"One was when I was a fresher. He was a senior of mine. But then he cheated on me with his own batchmate. And he even had the audacity to go on and date her." She said with a disgusted look on her face.

Vihaan's mood totally flipped out. He was angry at that boy for hurting his wife. How can someone cheat on Kiara, he wondered. But was glad that they broke up.

"But you know, she left him for a senior. Kat gya bechara ka." They both chuckled at this.

"My second one was after a year." She hesitated to reveal about him.
"He was a Muslim." She looked down afraid of seeing his reaction.

"We were together for three years. It was like a secret relationship. Only our close friends knew about us. We just couldn't risk telling our parents. We knew that we really don't have any future for us as our parents would never agree. Anyways, his mother started looking for a girl for his marriage." She turned silent for a bit and stared at nothing.

Looking at her sad face, Vihaan kept his hands over her to assure her. She looked up to him and soon her expression turned into a nonchalant one, "And what next, she got a perfect girl for him. Out of pressure, he started courting her and boom, he fell in love with her and left me like always. Now he's married to her." She shrugged her shoulders like it was nothing.

She glanced at him to see that he was looking at her intently.

"What? Don't give me that pity look. They left me. Their loss. I don't sulk for these type of men." There was a hint of proudness in her voice. Well, she was proud of herself as everyone should be of themselves.

Vihaan cupped her face and stared at her like she was the important person in his life. Well, she was. "You're are the most amazing person I've ever met in my life. You don't need any man to make you happy or complete. Like you said, it is actually their loss that they lost such an amzing wonan. They were just some cowards who didn't deserved you. Hmm."

This made a huge smile adorning Kiara's face. She obviously knew it but it does feel amazing to hear such good things coming from someone's mouth.

"I know. Ain't I? It's just my mother who doesn't understand that I'm such an amazing person. Always glaring at me and scolding me." She said like a child justifying who just got scolded from her mother. She then wiped her faked tears. They both burst out laughing at her act.

He then nuzzled his head in her neck and moved his body partly on top of hers. She bit her lips out of excitement and got stilled for a moment. Regaining her self, she laid herself down with Vihaan on top of her. He pushed his head more into her neck, "You smell so good, Kiara." A blush took over face as she wrapped her arms around his body and pulled over a blanket over them. Laying down in complete silence, they both enjoyed each other's company.

♡♡♡

Vihaan leaned back to the table beside the dressing table where Kiara was standing fixing her dress with a smile playing against his lips admiring the most beautiful angel, his angel. She was looking absolutely ethereal in a green gown which compelled Vihaan to admire her.

It was his company's 40th anniversary for which a party was held for all the employees and their families. The company was started by Vihaan's father, Vineet Agarwal which was passed down to Vihaan who took it to another level under his supervision.

Kiara turned to Vihaan and walked closer to him. Standing infront of him, she asked him, "How am I looking?"

Instead of answering her, he pulled her closer to his body by her waist and nuzzled her head in her neck hiding his head within her hairs. His arms around her waist with a tight grip. She gasped out as she was taken aback.

"Can we just stay back and I can admire you?" He voiced out in a deep husky voice.

"No, we can't. You have your whole life to do that. But now, I am hungry." She tried wiggling out of his arms but this just made his hold tightened.

"Vihaan." She called out but he just hummed. Sighing, she encircled her arms around his neck. Her hand went to his hair, caressing it softly, she kept her chin on his shoulder.

"You know I've never felt this comfortable around anyone other than Meera and of course, my brother. But with you, it just feel so natural that I can share anything." She revealed to him.

He pulled back his head and looked at her. His softened eyes deeply boring at hers. "Me too."

"We sure are great friends, na?"

This dampened his mood greatly. Being friendzoned by your own wife do feels shitty. He just nodded at her.

"Anyways. Let's go." She cluchted his hand and they both made their way out.

Meandering their way inside the huge room filled with people, everyone started greeting them as it was their boss and his wife. Vihaan nodded to everyone with respect as he genuinely respected these people who were very much responsible for the company's success.

The couple spotted their family and walked to them as Vihaan's father was standing in the middle of the room giving a speech.

"-so thank you everyone for your hard work and determination. Now, I might want my son to come here."

Vihaan walked to the place where his father was standing and glanced towards everyone.

"Good evening, everyone. Today we celebrate a day which is every important to everyone present here, the 40th anniversary of our company. We wouldn't be here without you all. There were times when we were going downhill, we were making losses. But it was you all who didn't let something like that get to you. You worked harder so that we could do better in the future. I am thankful to every staff, no mater what job you have in this company. All of you are equally important to me. May we continue to bloom and blossom and help each other out through the process. Thank you everyone." He smiled at everyone, a proud look taking over his face.

Kiara smiled and clapped her hands like a mother proud of his children. As Vihaan got closer to her, she high fived him which made him chuckle.

The family started talking with each other as Vihaan's mother asked Kiara, "I hope my son is keeping you happy, Kiara."

But Kiara just shooked her head with a pout which made everyone looked at her confusingly and Vihaan raised his eyebrows.

"No. He don't let me eat ice-cream." Everyone broke in a fits of laughter at her childishness.

"Awhh bhai, you're so bad. Why don't you let my bhabhi eat ice-cream." Riya exclaimed still laughing.

Kiara eyes wandered towards the entrance and she saw her parents and her brother entering the venue. It didn't took one second for her to hop and run towards them with excitement.

She went to them and halfway only hugged her brother tightly who held her closely in his arms out of reflex.

"Uh, I feel like a celebrity getting this much attention from you, bandariya." Aditya, her brother remarked.

"Matlab, khush nhi reh skte ho na tum. It's necessary for you make side comments." She turned to her mother, "And tell him mom, I'm married now. Not to call me these weird name."

"Chuha khi ka." She threw at him.

"Oh, so you can call me all these and I can't."

"Ha to, I'm married now na. You need to get married for me to stop. I can find a girl for you."

"No thanks. Next thing I know, my wife also starts calling me these names which she learned from my sister." He said with a horrified look.

Vihaan family came towards them and they started greeting each other and started a talk. Kiara's eyes glanced around the room when she didn't find Vihaan with them. She saw him talking to a group of men. But her eyes was fixed to the woman standing with them staring at her husband with longing eyes, a sad gloomy mask in her face.

Her insecurity and jealousy took the best out of her and she strolled to the group. Reaching them, she quickly attached her arms with Vihaan's as his eyes wandered to her.

"I was actually searching for you."

Vihaan smiled at her and a soft expression took over his face. "Yeah, I was just talking to them." She nodded at him.

His colleagues greeted her as one said, "Mrs. Agarwal, I must ask you this. What have you done to our boss as he is always smiling to himself and in a hurry to go home."

"I guess my food has done its magic." She replied with a chuckle.

But a certain someone didn't find anything funny in this. A hurt expression took over her when she saw how Vihaan looked at Kiara with such adoring eyes, their arms hooked with each other.

Tears started sprinkling in her eyes but she didn't wanted anyone to see, so she excused herself and went away with a broken heart.

None of them really paid attention, not even Vihaan as they were busy talking. But Kiara felt really bad for her. She knows how it feels to see someone you love loving someone else. She knew it was a childish thing to do but it was an unintentional action by her own broken heart.

She noticed a familiar figure standing against the counter. She excused herself and went towards him. She slapped his back lightly, "For once, stop looking at girls, Viraj." She shooked her head.

"Sorry, I ain't interested in men." He joked.

"Such a funny joke." She rolled her eyes.

"Aey, look at that girl." She suddenly pointed at a girl wearing a grey colored gown with her hair tied in a high ponytail. "How's she?"

Viraj glanced at the direction but it didn't really impressed him. "Nahh, not my type."

She pouted and pointed at another but he rejected it again.

"Look, how's she?" This time Viraj pointed at a girl who was laughing at a distance.

"Hell nah. I can hear her laugh here from there." She said with a horror look. He shrugged his shoulders in response.

"If their parents see us doing this, ganda wala pitenge humlog." She exclaimed and they both fist bumped laughing at this.

They again started looking for girls. It sure looked creepy but they were just joking around and playing with each other. They didn't passed any rude or inappropriate comments about them.

Vihaan noticed them looking at different directions with a confused and thinking look at their face. He approached them, "What are you both doing?"

"We are on a mission 'A Girl For Viraj'." She muttered without diverting her attention to him.

Vihaan slapped Viraj's head, "Bewkuf dono. Stop wasting your time on these things."

"Ouch. Why you both husband and wife are being abusive today?" Viraj rubbed his head.

The couple rolled their eyes at him.

"You got a whole ass wife, but I can't even get a girlfriend. Just what type of best friend you are."

Kiara grabbed Viraj hands and said, "Ignore him."

"Yeah, let's focus on girls." Viraj wrapped his one arm around her shoulders.

She again pointed at a direction but Vihaan immediately pulled her by her arms towards him. "I want to dance with my wife." He said to Viraj.

He didn't let them reply and started dragging her to the dance floor. But she turned to Viraj and said, "Don't worry, your sister-in-law is alive now. I will definitely find a girl for you." He gave her a determined sign in return.

A soft song was playing as Vihaan took her in his arms and wrapped it around her waist. They started moving slowly against the music.

"Stop doing stupid things with him."

"But you were busy. So I thought to time pass as I was bored." She whispered to him. "And I thought you would be busy, because your ex was also here." She said with a taunting tone.

"Kiara." He rolled his eyes. She gave him a cheeky grin which made him smile.

He twirled her round and then pulled her closer to him. "Did I tell you that you're really looking pretty?" He tucked her hairs behind her ears.

"I did asked you but no you didn't."

"Awhh, such a bad husband I am, right?" She nodded at him with a cute pout on her face.

He placed a kiss on her forehead and stared at her with fondness and affection. This was sure a great night for them.

♡♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 7.4K 58
This is the story of a two people who willingly married each other and make their marriage successful and beautiful. In this story you will see how t...
247K 8K 56
*𝐀𝐧 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥* The whole world had stopped for them and all they could hear was their racing heartbeats after all they were in each o...
305K 8K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...
1.3M 10K 17
#Mature Content in later chapters# A sharp pull by my wrist brought me back to the wall. I hold my breath for a moment. "what the hell" I cussed. ...