π‘™π‘œπ‘ π‘‘ π‘€π‘–π‘‘β„Žπ‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’...

By mrluverman237

"i wasn't myself when you left... y/n, i love you." mike says softly "no you don't." "you don't know what i... More

lost withought you.

Prolouge

21 2 0
By mrluverman237

THE LIGHTS flickered on and off. Her breathing was heavy. She was scared for her life but she knew that she would be saving the world. She knew she would be stopping the Russians. She looked around the starcourt mall, now nearly destroyed from the fight with the Mind Flayer. She saw Mike supporting Eleven, with a terrible leg covered in dried blood. They just removed whatever piece of the Mind Flayer was in there. El looked exhausted, but so was y/n. Why was Eleven getting all the attention? Y/n is risking her life right now to save the world from stupid Russians, and all everyone could care about was Eleven. It drove y/n insane.

And the the fact that the love of y/n's life was with her, made y/n even more mad. Every day her hatred for Eleven grew... every day. And she hated that she let Eleven get in her head like that.

It all started when y/n and her friends, Mike, Dustin, and Lucas went searching in the woods for their missing friend Will. It was late, and they were looking for Will after their parents told them not too. Y/n's favorite memory of that day was when she had to sneak out her house to meet everyone at the woods.

Y/n waited until her father Jim Hopper was asleep on the couch. She knew he wouldn't fall for the "pillows under the blanket" trick, so she had to to think bigger. She put clothes over pillows and a h/c wig on another. It was the best, but it should be enough for one quick glance, unless her father decided to give her a late night kiss on the forehead. She opens her window slowly, trying not to wake her father. She starts climbing out when she looks down to see him. Mike Wheeler. The boy she's been best friends with in kindergarten. Y/n looks down as she climbs out, tripping on the way down. 

"Are you alright?" Mike asked, laughing hysterically.
"Shhhh! My dad will hear you!" Mike's laugh was clearly contagious, cause y/n couldn't stop herself.

- present day -

"Hey" Y/n heard a voice. She knew it all too well. She turned around to stare into Mike's eyes. 

"Hey." Y/n replied with a soft smile, and he returned it.

"I just came to wish you luck, and, uh.. y-yeah that's it, I guess." Mike gave a soft chuckle, indicating he was nervous. Not for y/n. He was nervous cause he didn't know if the plan would work, and his girlfriend was currently on the floor, in pain. So much pain.

"Thanks, Mike. I appreciate it, but I don't know if I'll even come back.. alive." She stated. 

"No. Don't think like that. You will come back, okay?" Mike said, with a dead serious face.

_ time skip

"You ready kid?" He asked, but he didn't make eye contact with her, he was looking at Eleven, who was still in pain. Jim had a sympathy look. If she wasn't on the floor with a hurt leg, it would be her in y/n's place.

"Yeah" Y/n told her father, sounding aggravated. 'Cause she was. And she wanted her father to know. He looked down at his daughter, with a hint of confusion.
"You alright?"
"Hm, I don't know. I just fought a giant looking spider type- thing, made out of human flesh. And now i'm going to a secret underground Russian lair, to close a gate to another dimension. So you tell me if I'm alright."
Jim nodded softly, and turned away again to face Eleven, leaning on Mike's shoulder.

"You be careful out there kid. I love you so much." Jim began as he cupped Eleven's face with one hand. 

"We'll all be safe El. I'll bring our dad back alive and in one piece, and we can all be back together again! Happy ever after right? Family matters!" Y/n said with sarcastic enthusiasm, earning a angry face from her father.

She was so tired of being treated like shit. She was done. And she was going to let people know, the hard way. She was going to let everyone know, that Y/n matters as much as Eleven does.

El looked down at her shoes, giving a slight nod. Mike looked at Y/n and rolled his eyes, helping Eleven walk away. Y/n rolled her eyes back, before turning to face her father.

"I'm not dealing with your nonsense right now, so let's just get going." Hopper stated. Y/n rolled her eyes again, and started walking. She stopped to grab a pistol, placing it in her back jean pocket. She also grabbed a small pocket knife, place it in her other pocket. She then grabbed a hair tie, pulling her h/l h/c back.

Y/n started saying goodbye to everyone. They all wished her luck. Once she went to her final goodbye, with Will, she noticed he was sad. Y/n gave him a big hug. Will was practically her brother. They've known each other since grade school, and they cared for each other deeply. Y/n placed her hands on his shoulders, shaking Will a little.

"Hey, i'll be fine. We'll all be fine! I'll return your mom to you in one piece!" Y/n said, but that wasn't what Will was mainly worried about.

"What if the plan backfires? Then what?" Will asked. Genuinely scared for his sister-figure.

"It won't. I promise. It'll be okay." Y/n said, pulling her brother-figure into a hug.

"Why couldn't we just stay in Mike's basement, playing d&d?" Will muttered into Y/n's shoulder. Earning a laugh from her.

"I know, right?"

Now disguised as military Russian agents, Y/n, hopper, Joyce, and Murray made there way through the hallways. Murray now leaving the group, to go into the underground air ducts.

Y/n saw her dad and Joyce talking, her dad getting frustrated. Finally she saw the two smile,     and saw Joyce nod her head. She wondered what they were talking about...
_

" The damn code isn't working!"
"Here let me try." Joyce said, punching in the numbers. Hearing an aggressive beep from the safe, signaling that Joyce was wrong.

Static came from the walkie talkie that Dustin gave to Hopper.

"Eagles nest, this Dustin. Do you copy? Over."
"Yeah I copy. The goddamn code isn't working Dustin! I thought you said it was planks continent!" Hopper yelled.
Static.
"Dustin!" Hopper screamed, shaking the walkie.
"You have to say over. Over." Dustin replied.
Hopper was agitated, and with a calm but impatient voice, he said, "The code was wrong. You were wrong. Over." Hopper had gritted his teeth together.

This is taking forever. Y/n thought to herself.

"Gotcha. Planks continent, i guess I don't know that well..." static, "But I know so-"

"Screw this." Y/n said. She was so impatient. She leaned her ear to the safe, slowly punching in the numbers that made a soft click, then finally.

Beep!

The safe was open.

Y/n smiled at herself, proud. She has a lot of free time since Hopper is always pre-occupied with Eleven. During the free time, Y/n robs stores and breaks into her fathers safe occasionally. She just wanted her father to see her. She earned shocked looks from her father and Joyce. Y/n reached inside the safe, grabbing the final key to shutting down the machine that's keeping the gate open.

"Viola!" Y/n exclaimed.

_

"Dad!" Y/n screamed. Her father was nearly inches away from having his head sliced. She didn't have time to think. So she ran to the tall, ugly, russian dude, fighting her father. She kicked him in the groin, before punching him in the face. She helped her father up, and he threw the russian guy in the engine lasers.

"Wow. Okay, let's get out of here!" Y/n began, only to be held back by her father.
"wh- why? we have to go!" Y/n yelled, eager to get out of the under ground Russian lair. She looked at her fathers face. He looked sad and disappointed.

"We're trapped." Hopper said blankly.
"No."

Hopper then pulled his daughter into a hug, holding her real tight. He gently kissed the top of y/n's head, thinking of the last time they did something fun together. Some quality time. He thought of the day before Eleven came. That was the last time. He then realized how he was neglecting his daughters love and attention. He felt so deeply terrible. He hugged his daughter tighter, leaning down to her ear.

"I'm so very sorry. I love you."

That's all y/n needed to hear. She need to know  that her father still loved her. She knew what he was sorry for.

"I'm sorry too." She said, hugging her dad.

When they finally pulled away, Y/n looked at her father, asking him, "What are we going to do?"

There were lasers blocking the path back to the ladder. Hopper looked around, looking at the gate, glowing a bright orange red, pulsing with energy. He held his daughters side, looking up at Joyce. Tears flooded her eyes. Hopper nodded softly. Letting her know that she needs to turn the keys now. Gripping as tight as she can, she closes her eyes. After what felt like a minute, Joyce quickly yanked the keys to turn, causing a huge explosion of light. Once she opened her eyes, she looks down at the spot Hopper and Y/n were standing in. Joyce breaks down into tears.

"No, no, no, no..." Joyce whispered, rubbing her eyes. They were gone. She killed them.

"Joyce!" A voice called. It was fuzzy, Joyce didn't know who it was. She continues to stare at the spot that once stood Hopper and Y/n.

"Joyce!" The voice called again.
"Joyce!" The voice started shaking Joyce abruptly. She finally looked at whoever was calling her name. Murray.
"Joyce! Where's Jim and Y/n?" He said quietly. She looked at the floor, tears in her eyes.
"Joyce!" She looked up at Murray, then looking at the spot that once stood Jim Hopper and Y/n y/l/n. Joyce shook her head softly, staring back at her feet.

Then Murray realized they were gone.

"We have to go." Murray said. "C'mon Joyce! We have to go!"

_

Ambulance arrived at the front of the Starcourt Mall. Mike was sitting with Eleven wrapped in a blanket. Do tweet examining her leg, wondering what could have caused an injury like that. Mike stood up when he saw Joyce and  Murray come out the door. Mike quickly helped Eleven up. Joyce was pre-occupied for the moment though, Will hugging Joyce tightly.

Will looked at his mom, rubbing tears off her face. Joyce went back to hugging her son, leaving with Will, the realization why Hopper and Y/n weren't with her. Tears filled his eyes. Mike ran up to them.

"Where's Y/n?" Mike asked

Joyce looked at him and then at the limping Eleven. She shook her head.

"No.." Eleven whispered. She lost her father. Her father who cared so much for her, who gave her everything. He was gone.

Mike backed away. She's gone, he thought to himself. She's really gone. His best friend, was gone.

Y/n and Hopper, are dead.

    2711 words

Continue Reading