𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐔𝐬

By ellababyx

FAKE DATING "We are more than friends but less than lovers." - "Oh go to hell, I was trying to have an epipha... More

Introduction
Character Collages
Playlist :)
Dedication to my babies <3
Chapter 1 - Elizabeth
Chapter 2 - b u t t e r f l i e s
Chapter 3 - red
Chapter 4 - Champagne Problems
Chapter 5 - Sweetheart
Chapter 6 - Anna
Chapter 8 - stupid smiles
Chapter 9 - Euphoric
Chapter 10 - strawberry
Chapter 11 - fake
Chapter 12 - Karen
Chapter 13 - Hold my waist Maxwell
Chapter 14 - I hate you
Chapter 15 - Taylor Swift
Chapter 16 - Jump
Chapter 17 - Strip Club
Chapter 18 - One bed
Chapter 19 - Room 15
Chapter 20 - Rule five
Chapter 21 - Theo
Chapter 22 - Kitchen
Chapter 23 - Paper Rings
Chapter 24 - worthless
Chapter 25 - jacuzzi
Chapter 26 - one
Chapter 27 - Lucky Number
Chapter 28 - Happy Fucking Birthday
Chapter 29 - two
Chapter 30 - I love you, you stupid idiot
Chapter 31 - i lost faith
Chapter 32 - refrigerator light
Chapter 33 - bye bye oli
Chapter 34 - epiphany
Chapter 35 - Bleo
Chapter 36 - red... and blue?
Chapter 37 - three.
Chapter 38 - cory?
Epilogue... Platinum Rings
Bonus Chapter - May

Chapter 7 - Pull Over

82.2K 2.1K 4.5K
By ellababyx

3 Days Later...

I grabbed my apron out of my drawer and shoved it into my work bag, I was getting ready for work, yay! Fun!

not

Beth would be working with me today though so it wouldn't be as mind numbing as usual.

"Time to go B!" Speak of the devil...

I put a little red claw clip in my hair before rushing out after Beth, walking down the halls of our apartment building.

I used to not associate with the colour red too often, sure I would wear a little corset top or a pair of heels that Beth would die for,  but I've worn more red this past week then in my entire life.

I thought it was too flashy, too busy, almost distracting. And now I wonder why I never liked it in the first place....

"Belle if you don't get your ass in this car right now, I swear to-" oh, oops

"Okay okay I'm going."

She glared at me from inside her car and she had never looked more like my mom.

I giggled getting into the car as Beth sped out of the parking garage driving towards Darla's Cafe

~~~~~~~~~~~

I put the last couple dishes in the sink before returning to the counter.

There was 2 teenage girls patiently waiting to order, fiddling with the money in their hands.

"Is there anything I can get you guys" They looked at each other and the taller one spoke for the both of them.

"Can we get 2 milkshakes and a share basket of fries?"

"Give me one sec" I punched in the order into the cashier and took the money from them.

Beth guided them to their table as the little bell on the door rings.

Oli strolled into the cafe followed by David and of course, Leo.

We hadn't talked much since the charity, I sent him a message thanking him for the photo the morning after... No one had ever done something like that for me before.

But he never responded. I wasn't necessarily annoyed, just confused.

I swear we had developed a bit of a acquaintance-ship, no. Scrap that. A small bit of friendship was developed, god damn it!

Not that a friendship really fits the category of developing boners for a bestie. But life is not perfect.

"Hey guys..." I avoided eye contact with Leo and looked straight at Oli.

"Can we get a table, towards the back preferably"

"Yeah Beth will take you" Beth walked up to us and as usual..

"Oliver." She nodded at him

"Elizabeth" He nodded at her.

She walked them down to the back.

I watched the back of their heads disappear behind the bookshelves, but not before Leo glanced towards me.

We shared eye contact for not even a split second, pure fireworks, and then it was just... over?

I continued taking orders until my break. Beth hadn't returned to working after the boys arrived.

I told Darla I was taking my break around 12 and made my way to the back of the cafe where they were sitting. "Hey Belle" David said to me

"Hi" I slipped into the seat beside Beth with Leo opposite me.

They relaxed back into conversation and I simply observed. I wasn't really in the mood to talk, and it seemed Leo wasn't either.

I knew they were all there and the talking was loud, but I wasn't focusing on them at all.

Just looking at the little wooden table we were cramped around, avoiding eye contact with everyone. I heard a question being asked to me and I nodded slightly, before realizing what I had agreed to.

"So we go to the beach around 11 then because I need to be back for my spin class and-" Beth slapped my arm lightly

"Excuse me miss are you even listening?!" I giggled at her

"Sorry I just had to cover your job for the past 20 minutes, I'm tired!"

"Right, which I'm soooo thankful for. By the way..." I nodded and knew I had won that one.

I properly tuned into their conversation so I wouldn't say yes to anything else I didn't want to do.

Beth planned a trip to the beach for 11 o'clock tomorrow

If I was being honest I'd rather be sleeping but Beth would never let me. Leo remained quiet as David started listing more details that only Beth would care about. That girl was a walking talking replica of Monica Geller.

Tomorrow would be a boring day I guess...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TW - SLIGHT MENTIONS OF ABUSE, NO GRAPHIC SCENES, JUST METAPHORS.

Oli carried my bag from Beth's car into Leo's, I was riding with Oli in Leo's car and Beth was going with Leo and David in her car. Mostly because Oli refused to drive with Beth... Totally fair point, the girl was insane.

Me and Beth drove over to the guys house and had been here for 10 minutes or so.

It was quarter to 12 so we were running a bit late, I had slept in and you'd swear our apartment was flooded. I was awoken with Beth ripping off my duvet and shoving open the curtains, my very own personal alarm clock. How sweet, right? not.

I also planned to tell Oli about me and Leo, I don't think David would care and Beth already knew so it's only fair. Oli deserves to know that me and Leo are dating... fake, dating.

David ushered Beth and Leo into the car and I hopped in with Oli. We planned to stop at a cafe or restaurant halfway there because as Beth quoted "I have a tiny bladder"

So she insisted we stopped for her to go the bathroom.

Oli opened up the roof because it was boiling hot outside. Like way too hot for me to function.

He pulled out of the driveway and we were finally on the road. The first twenty minutes was small-talk. The most awkward thing ever.

I couldn't take it anymore, I had to tell him. Like right now.

"Oli" I practically shouted it over the sound of the wind blaring around us. We had a good 2 hours left to til the beach and I wasn't waiting until the last minute.

"YES" I giggled at him screaming it

"I AM DATING LEO" Yep just gonna go right in there with this one... Cats out of the bag?

"YOUR WHAT?!" He glanced over at me as If I was insane.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT, BELLE SERIOUSLY!? MY BEST FRIEND?"

"IT'S OKAY ITS NOT REAL"

"WHAT" God this conversation was exhausting and my voice was getting sore

"CAN'T YOU CLOSE THE WINDOW?"

"OH RIGHT" he pushed the little button on the console and it buzzed closed above us.

"Okay Belle you better have a good explanation for this..."

"I mean I do... I guess.." He groaned beside me and laughed.

At least he wasn't mad mad, just confused-mad?

I began to tell him the story, leaving out a sweetheart here and a boner detail there, completely obliterating the fact Cole paid a visit and... he still wasn't convinced.

If I brought up Cole he would never drop the topic.

"So let me get this straight... You, and? Leo... are fake-dating? For funsies?" I nodded.

"And you went to that charity together" Another nod towards him.

"And at parties you guys will be together" I nodded again.

"Okay... I mean, I don't really get the point. Why would you agree to it?"

"He wanted someone for his dads events, I'm not one to turn down a pretty dress and free champagne Oli. Plus Mom keeps calling making sure I'm okay by myself and saying that Beth can't keep me afloat all by herself, so I told her I have a boyfriend...."

"and she believed you, just like that?" He questioned

"Welll.."

"There it is!"

"Okay fine. She didn't believe me, So I agreed to bring Leo home for Christmas." I said defeated

"No wonder she didn't Belle, It's not like your previous actions reflect well on the truth." ouch

Damn it. Oli always believed me... and then I left him. Loved me unconditionally and promised to hurt Cole if he ever came near me again...

I didn't know how long he would not mention it, how long he would run laps around the fact that I never told the truth about everything. All the stuff that I had kept to myself and never ever dared to speak of.

He always knew I wasn't lying, he knew I was telling the truth and anyone who didn't believe me was always proved wrong by Oli. He wanted to help me, Yet I stood by Cole. I was forced to hold his hand. And not my brothers. Oli knew it wasn't my fault, yet somehow he felt betrayed.

I guess I understood... Oli just wanted to help.. I couldn't ever let him, because Cole would win. He always did. I wish I took Oli's hand and let him guide me through the darkness.
My mom would say I was being silly and every person I passed wouldn't speak to me, Every. Damn. Time.

For my relatives it was always "She's looking for attention" "He never did that to her" "Coles a lovely boy, he wouldn't dare touch a fly" Even at my dad's funeral, the taunting never stopped. If only they knew, If only they knew the raping and the abuse and the hurt he caused.

He built my bricks, one by one, he molded them into something great. Then he took a hammer and broke it to pieces, It had chips and holes in it. But he proceeded to apply a fresh coat of paint over it, then taking another hammer to it, then a re-paint.

Rinse and repeat.

He pretended that he wasn't beating me daily and showed the epitome of a perfect, 0 flaws relationship to anyone who asked. But to him I was a "Worthless piece of shit" Or someone with "No substance"

I think Oli was always more mad about the fact that I ran, I knew Cole had me in shackles. I knew I would never be released from his grip. And I knew Cole would never become a better person magically over night. And as much as I wanted to believe he'd go to jail, my self-absorbed hometown would never allow it.

So when I ran to New York with Beth by my side, it hurt Oli.

"Oli... you know that I'm sorry about that, It's not like I... Its not like I intended for any of that to happen."

"But you did it anyway Belle. You ran from me and mom and you left us with Dads death, You left the day after the funeral! Do you know what Mom felt?!?! What I- What I felt...? My little sister? My own sister chose someone else... over me." His voice was breaking and a singular tear left my eye.

"I was there for you... When you got in that car crash, who helped you through every second, hm? Where were you when I needed you! We. We needed you."

"Pull over" I whispered "Please, pull over" My voice was breaking along with his.

He realized how fast he was speeding and the regret showed on his face.

We pulled into a little gas station on the side of the road and I got out straight away, breathing heavily with my hands at the back of my head.

"Belle I didn't mean to speed... I just forgot, I- I'm sorry"

He knew, he knew what Cole had done.

He knew what it was like after that car crash.Cole had done it without mercy either. Sure he broke his leg, but somehow that didn't matter to him, because he had won. By simply crashing into a wall late into the night, he had put me in hospital for months.

"It's oka-" Before I could finish he wrapped me in his arms.

"I'm sorry for running back then Oli I- I just got scared. And by the time I came back you were already In New York looking for me and mom was with this guy, and he was doing to her what Cole did to me" Oli flinched at the sound of Cole's name as I was in his arms.

"I know, I know..." We stayed silent just hugging eachother for a bit.

I pulled away first and whipped out my phone. "I'll tell them we'll be late and we can get a drink." He nodded and I sent a text to Beth that we pulled over for a stop. She replied saying they had also pulled over ten minutes up the road.

Me and Oli walked into the gas station and bought two slushies, Me raspberry and blueberry and Oli got cola and fanta. G-ross

We didn't talk much, silence. But a comfortable silence. A silence I quite enjoyed with the people I loved...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had nearly reached the beach and everything had cooled down. I explained how me and Leo started this whole deal more in depth and he thought it would be good for me to be in a stable relationship, fake or not. So I guess he was on board.

"We pulled into a sandy carpark following Beth's car "One final thing Oli..."

He nodded his head slightly, focusing on parking the car.

"You can't be mad at Leo, at all, I wanted to tell you so I made it my problem. Not. His. Got it?"

He nodded again in understanding and parked the car.

I got out and grabbed our beach bags from the boot, avoiding eye contact with Leo, I couldn't handle those pretty green eyes at the moment, and I knew my own eyes were still red from earlier.

I would tell him that I explained the situation to Leo later, for now though, It was time to let loose.

Beth powered ahead of the group, carrying snacks, blankets and.... alcohol? Oops?

We had plans to sleep on the beach because none of us planned on drinking and driving, tonight should be fun....

We all lumbered after her carrying deck chairs and David was hauling a bag of fireworks, he planned to set them off later tonight after we got settled, much to Beth's disapproval.

We eventually reached the bottom of the steps and set up all our stuff, David and Leo collected logs for the fire for later and Oli poured some drinks.

Me and Beth set up the deckchairs and had called it a day, we settled into them sipping our cheap beer. I felt relaxed and calm and happy and.. o-kay? Yup, I felt okay.

I smiled over to Beth before she whispered towards me behind her book.

"Did you tell Oliver about everything" I rolled my eyes at the name Oliver and nodded

"Good, It would be weird if you didn't"

"Yeah.. I'm just glad it's out of the way."

Beth turned back to her book and I closed my eyes, it was wayyyy too early for all this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LEO's POV :)

David kept poking Belles arm after she fell asleep 20 minutes ago. According to Beth she wasn't a morning person, clearly.

But neither was I. I smiled internally and lightly shoved David away.

"Davie boy your doing it all wrong, watch. and. learn."

I bent down to her and brought my hand to her nose. Her chest was slightly rising and falling. Her red bikini was visible through her white top, I knew she wore that for me.

Wouldn't have it any. other. way.

I lightly pinched on her nose and her eyes shot open, slapping me right across the face. And I mean that girl pelted my face.

I held back a laugh as she muttered unintelligible curse words and jumped from her chair.

"I will kill you Maxwell!" I saw that look on her face and I knew this girl was about to tackle me, luckily I play football. And I'm good at it which is an added bonus.

She took off her shorts and top revealing that highly anticipated bikini. And holy shit. Sure the dress she wore the other night outlined her figure but my god, that didn't compare to right now.

She looked amazing before I could finish staring she ran towards for me.

I ran for my life, right towards the sand dunes, I ran like there was a tiger ready to eat me for her dinner.

Belle sprinted after me and I gave up once I reached the top, struggling against the sand. She wasn't that far behind me in all fairness, before I could catch my breath she tackled me to the ground.

Pinning my arms above my head, I mean.. I'm sure I could twist her round and have her in a position to my advantage but I most definitely didn't mind this one.

She had her legs wrapped around my waist against the sand, her dark hair fell around her shoulders. "I will ruin you if this is the fight your going for..." I taunted

"It's hard to be scared of you when you are under me-" I didn't let her finish the sentence and grabbed her arm, flipping her over on her back. This time I held her hands above her head.

I prayed she couldn't feel the rapidly growing bulge in my shorts, prayed, prayed, prayed.

"If you wanted to get me in this position, you could have just asked Maxwell..."

"Ha, you wish Robinson" We were making eye contact. Eye contact where she didn't look like she'd rather be anywhere else, actually.. she looked quite content pinned underneath me.

Her eyes were buzzing behind her pupils. And I mean, It's not like I couldn't look at her chest falling rapidly up and down.... oops?

"Subtle Leo, as per usual..." She rolled her pretty eyes. Typical.

"What did I say about using subtlety around you Robinson. It's just not gonna happen." I released her arms from above her head and she shook her head lightly. I lifted myself off her before speaking "Red looks good on you Belle, you should wear it more often..."

Authors Note:

Thank you for ur  supportive comments, they r so motivational lmao. P.S calling me mommy ella is creepy... but not discouraged ;)

Lots of Love Babies, ella <3

Words - 3054
27/11/2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

582K 13.1K 46
β€’β€’COMPLETEβ€’β€’ ||Monaro Family: book 1|| Isabella believes in love. But she also knows that it can be painful, so she's saving herself from the eventua...
366K 12.2K 39
"𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’š π’…π’†π’π’š π’Šπ’•? 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’π’” π’šπ’π’– π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’Œ 𝑰'π’Ž π’Žπ’Šπ’”π’”π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒏, 𝑰...
2.5K 95 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...
3K 11 11
a louis partridge fanfic :))) all fluff :D so he has a new summer vacation home that's right next door to your house in the english country side...