The First Moon Child (Second...

By CharlieA

Prisoner in Malfoy Manor? Check. Missing Fred and Clary? Check. Find out I'm the First Moon Child? Yup, got t... More

1: Meeting Voldemort
2: Missing Marley
3: A Moonchild and Horcrux
4: Good guy Malfoy
5: The Vents
6: No Replacement
7: Hi, I'm Sam, Other Moonchild
8: The Making of the Great Escapé
Hide and Seek (Filler)
9: Be (NOT) Our Guests
10: A Bit of the Unexpected
11: Now where?
12: Weasley Determination
13: The Invisible House
14: Smoker, Cocky, and Third Moonchild
15: The Locket
16: Georgie's Plan
17: Back to the Burrow
!!!!!!!!!!Fan COntest!!!!!!!!!!
18: Love and Death Eaters
19: Welcome Home Marley... and Others
20: One Big, Happy Family... Close Enough
21: The Green Eyed Monster
22: Monkey and Penguin
23: A Blast from the Past
24: Confused Weasley Feelings
25: Bliss... Until...
26: Pinky Promise
27: Welcome to Hogwarts
!!!!!!!!!Fan Contest Results!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28: Fred Weasley, My Love
29: Angelous Tacy
30: Rivals
31: Second Chances
32: The Truth Comes Out
33: Say Goodbye
35: We'll Meet Again Someday

34: The Boy Who Lived, and the Moonchild Who Died

11.4K 353 222
By CharlieA

Disclaimer: I do not own some of the stuff in this chapter, or the Harry POtter characters.

Chapter 34: The Boy Who Lived, and the Moonchild Who Died.

            Harry Potter's eyes opened slightly as he realized he was back, and that he was very much alive.  Every part of his body ached, and where the killing curse had struck him felt like an enormous bruise. He dare not move for fear of his discovery, he, however, looked ahead of him to see a body. Not just any body, Marley's body, she lay across from him, sprawled on the forest floor as well, her eyes were closed and she showed no sign of life. So he had survived.... But Marley didn't, he could feel the tears start to well up in his eyes, but he managed to stop himself, once he realized there was no cheering. Wouldn't there be cheers and triumph over his death?

"My Lord..... My Lord?" Harry heard Bellatrix's soft voice. Harry, however, had shut his eyes and kept them closed. He explored everything else with his other senses. He knew his wand was still tucked underneath his shirt as he could feel it press against his chest and the ground.  "My Lord..."

"That will do," Harry heard Voldemort's voice. There were more footsteps; several people were backing away from one spot. Harry opened his eyes by a millimeter, desperate to know what was going on. Voldemort seemed to be getting up on his feet. Harry closed his eyes again; Voldemort seemed to have fallen to the ground when he had hit Harry and Marley with the Killing Curse. Had he collapsed too? Harry wondered. Had all three of them fallen and fell unconscious, while Harry and Voldemort returned... his eyes wandered towards the lifeless body a few feet in front of him, except for her.

"My Lord let me-"

"I do not require assistance," Voldemort said coldly. "The boy.... Is he dead? And what about the girl?" Voldemort asked, showing no remorse for his daughters' lifeless body on the ground. "You," Voldemort said. "Examine the girl first and then Potter. Tell me whether or not they are dead."

Harry did not know who Voldemort had chosen to verify his death, but all he knew is once they came over to him his thumping heart pounding traitorously in his chest would none the less give him away. He heard footsteps approaching, as they had stopped at Marley first. "The girl.... She is dead..." he heard a familiar voice call out as his heart dropped, he would have liked the person to say Marley was not dead... How would her daughter and Fred take this?

"Well... a waste, but she chose her fate." Voldemort called out coolly, not even slightly effected that his daughter was dead, and that he was the one to kill her. "Check the boy now."

Hands, softer than Harry had expected touched Harry's face, pulled back an eyelid, crept beneath his shirt, down his chest and felt his heart. He knew she could feel his heart pounding of life against his ribs.

"Is Draco alive? Is he in the castle?" the woman whispered, her long hair shielded his face from the onlookers.

"Yes," Harry breathed back.

He felt her hand contract and then she had stood up. "He is dead!" Narcissa Malfoy called to the watchers. And now he heard their shouts of triumph and stamped their feet, and through Harry's eyelids he could see burst of red and silver light shoot into the air in celebration.

"You see?" Voldemort screeched. "Harry Potter is dead by my hand, and no man alive can threaten me now! Watch! Crucio!"

Harry was expecting his body to convulse from the pain that would soon ripple through his body, like Marley's did a few moments ago. He was lifted into the air and it took all his determination to remain limp, yet the pain he was expecting did not come. Harry was thrown once, twice, three times into the air: His glasses had fallen off his face, but he kept himself floppy and lifeless and when he landed on the ground one last time, the clearing echoed with jeers and shrieks of laughter. "Now," Voldemort said, "we go to the castle, and show them what has become of their hero. Who shall drag the body? No, Wait."

"You carry him," Voldemort said. "He will be nice and visible in your arms, will he not? Pick up your little friend, Hagrid. And the glasses, put on the glasses, he must be recognizable." Someone then slammed Harry's glasses on his face with force, but the enormous hands that lifted him into the air were exceedingly gentle.

"My Lord... what about the girl?" Harry heard a voice call out to Voldemort, as Harry listened intensively.

"Leave her; she's no longer worth my time." Voldemort said coldly, Harry fought back the urge to erupt at Voldemort, to jump down from Hagrid and carry Marley back to the castle. "Move," Voldemort said and Hagrid stumbled forward, forcing his way through the forest. Harry couldn't but feel remorse for the girl lying on the cold forest floor; he would come back for her with the Weasleys once he won the battle.

Fred Weasley was now worried; it had been almost an hour since Marley had left to go to the "bathroom". He had a feeling that something was wrong, terribly wrong, and he knew the others thought this as well. "George, did you find her?" Fred asked his twin brother, as George sighed coming back with Caitlin from searching the castle. Fred couldn't exactly go places since he's leg still hurt so bloody much. He could walk around, but it just hurt.

"No... Caitlin and I searched everywhere too Fred." George said as Fred groaned, this was not good. Clary was sitting next to him; he had given her some parchment so she could busy herself with drawing. He did not want her to worry that her mom left again, bloody hell Fred didn't even want to think that, she couldn't have left. "I'm sure she's fine Fred, maybe she's with Harry."

"That's why I'm worried; Hermione and Ron haven't seen Harry either... if she's with him, where would they be?" Fred wondered as he thought back to what Voldemort had said to all of us, Harry and Marley were both connected to Voldemort someway... he couldn't help but think that maybe they left to go face Voldemort themselves. Fred looked to see Max and this girl, Angelous Tacy, were sitting in the far corner as Max stood up and walked over to where Fred, Clary, George and Caitlin were sitting anxiously.

"I'll go look for her." Max muttered as he looked down at Fred.

"Caitlin and I already searched the entire castle. She's not here, where would you look for her?" George asked standing in front of Max.

"Have you thought of going to the Forbidden Forest?" Max asked as Fred shook his head.

"No... she wouldn't have gone there...." Fred said trailing off unsure, Marley could sometimes go things that would surprise you, she's quiet one minute but then a fighter the next. Especially if it came to Clary, Fred thought as he glanced down at the little girl sitting next to him.

But before Max could respond, a voice broke out and echoed through the Great Hall. A cold, high, eerily voice. "Harry Potter is dead. He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone. The battle is won. You have lost half of your fighters. My Death Eaters outnumber you, and the Boy Who Lived is finished. There must be no more war. Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman, or child, will be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle now, kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, yours brothers and sisters will live and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together."

People started to move, they started to go out of the Great Hall and towards the entrance of the Castle. People were talking, they were wondering if this was true, if this was just a trap. Hermione and Ron were the first to run out the doors, as everyone else seemed follow in pursuit. Fred looked up and noticed George and Caitlin looking longing after everyone else. "Go, I'll stay here, if you see Marley tell me." Fred said sadly as they both nodded and ran after the large mass going out the doors.

Fred sat there with others as some people started to move the underage children somewhere safe, something was happening outside, he could hear the yells. Harry Potter was dead? But how was that possible, that Harry died? Soon yells and flashes of light started to appear as Fred looked to see the fight was coming into the Great Hall, Fred leapt to his feet as he stood with his wand out. "Clary you stay behind me alright!?" Fred yelled looking at the scared little girl standing behind Fred as the battle soon started to begin in the Great Hall.

There were more people storming up the front steps, Fred saw his twin George with Lee Jordan fighting off Dolohov as he fell to the ground. All his family was fighting, everyone, even the house elves had taken in the battle. Fred noticed Bellatrix as she sent a killing curse, as it barely missed Ginny's head by an inch. "No way in bloody hell!" Fred yelled as he shot a curse at Bellatrix. She turned towards him, a wry smirk playing on her lips.

"Little Freddie boy." She said as she stared at Fred, "Would you like to know what we did with you lover?" she asked as Fred glared at the witch.

"What did you do to Marley?" Fred asked her as she cackled.

"Let's just say she's lying on the forest floor, I played around with her... She screamed, it was wonderful." Bellatrix announced with a grin as Fred never before felt any anger like he did in that moment. "Maybe I'll do the same to that little girl you're protecting?"

Fred ran at the witch, shooting spell after spell at the witch. "Looks like I'll have to finish off Freddiekins, say goodbye to mummy and you can join Marley!" Bellatrix yelled as she pointed her wand at Fred, she aimed a killing curse at him and he barely dodged it like his sister.

"NOT MY CHILDREN! YOU HAG!" Mrs. Weasley had threw her cloak off as she ran, freeing her arms. Bellatrix had spun on the spot cackling. "OUT OF MY WAY!" She yelled as she pushed Fred out of the way, Fred stared at his mother in shock.

"Mum's gone bonkers." Fred said quietly as he heard a small scream, he immediately turned around to see a Death Eater had grabbed Clary by her arm, rage ran through Fred. "Don't even think about it! Stupefy!" Fred yelled as he pointed his wand at the Death Eater and he flew off of Clary in a second. Fred ran over to the scared little girl as she had a small scratch on her cheek, tears were welling up in her eyes. "Clary! Are you alright?!" Fred exclaimed looking at the girl, who nodded slightly and then her eyes widened. Fred turned around to see Fenrir Greyback standing in front of him, the monster lunged at him and he was soon on the floor struggling with Greyback.

"Give me the tasty looking girl and I'll let you live!" Greyback yelled looking down at Fred Weasley who struggled to grab his wand, trying to get this thing off of him. He could hear Clary screaming next to him.

"Get off of me!" Fred yelled as Greyback smiled, showing his yellow crooked teeth. He was beginning to get closer to Fred's face when he heard a voice.

"Protego!" And soon the large man beast was thrown off of him; Fred looked up to see the girl that was with Max earlier standing there with her wand rose staring at the beast. He shrugged off as he looked at the girl and growled. "Are you okay?" her voice rang out to Fred as he nodded.

"Thanks." He said as he stood, and then saw Greyback coming at them, his wand was over at the side, he wouldn't have time to grab it, but before the beast could even get up. Max had appeared in front of him with his arms on fire.

"Don't even think about it wolfy." Max said with a smirk, as he grabbed Greyback's throat with his fire covered hand as Greyback yelped out in pain and fell to the ground with a loud thud. You could still see the handprint where Max had grabbed Greyback around his throat. "Angel are you alright?" Max said turning towards the girl as she blew the bangs from her face, she nodded with a small smile as she stared at Max.

"What you weren't worried about me?" Fred asked with a smirk as Max grinned.

"HE'S ALIVE!!" Everyone turned to see Harry Potter standing in front of Voldemort as they began to circle each other. Fred was just in a complete daze, how was Harry alive? Did this mean that Marley could be alive?

"Nobody," Harry said simply. "There are no more Horcruxes. It's just you and me. Neither can live while the other survives, and one of us is about to leave for good..." Harry said, but you could tell by his voice that he strained hard when he said Horcruxes, as if she didn't want to say it.

"One of us?" Voldemort jeered. "You think it will be you, do you, the boy who has survived by accident, and because Dumbledore was pulling the strings?"

They both circled each other and talked; well Harry talked more while Voldemort accused him. Voldemort looked like a snake ready to strike its prey any second now. A red-gold glow burst suddenly across the enchanted sky above them as an edge of dazzling sun appeared over the sill of the nearest window. The light hit both of their faces at the same time, so that Voldemort's wand was suddenly a flaming blue. Harry heard the high voice shriek as he too yelled his best hope to the heavens, pointing Draco's wand:

"Avada Kedavra!"

"Expelliarmus!"

There was a bang, like a cannon blast and the golden flames that erupted between them. The wand flew from Voldemort's grasp and he had fell backwards, arms splayed, the slit pupils of the scarlet eyes rolling upward. Voldemort hit the floor with a mundane finality, his body feeble and shrunken, the white hands empty, the snakelike face vacant and unknowing. Voldemort was dead. One shivering second later, the shock of the moment suspended: and then the tumult broke around Harry as the screams and the cheers and the roars of the watchers rent the air. Everyone was applauding; everyone was trying to make their way to the Boy who lived.

One of them being Fred, the moment was not as special for him as it was for everyone else. Marley still was no where to be found, he left Clary back with Max to go speak to Harry, if anybody would know where Marley was, he would. He had to; he was Fred's last chance in finding out where Marley was. He pushed through the cheering jubilant people as he finally came to Harry. "Harry!" Fred called out in desperation trying to reach the boy; everyone was clasping his hand or trying to touch him. Speak to him for a second. "Harry!" Fred yelled again as he finally clasped onto Harry's shoulders, Harry looked up at him, all happiness erased from his face.

"Fred..." Harry said quietly as Fred looked at Harry.

"Harry. Where's Marley?" Fred asked as Harry looked up at Fred, dreading what he was going to say next.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Fred was the first one who made it to the clearing where Marley's body laid on the cold forest floor. His eyes widened in horror as he saw the girl's lifeless body. "MARLEY!"

George, Caitlin, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Madam Pomffrey were right behind Fred, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, and Max and Angelous were back at the castle as they watched Clary and helped clean up the castle. Fred could now believe what he was seeing in front of his very eyes. He collapsed down on his knees next to Marley's body, as he looked at her face. It was deathly pale, and when he reached over to move the strand of hair from her face, it was ice cold. He could feel the tears freely falling down his face; he did not care whether or not the others saw him.

Madam Pomffrey walked over to where Fred sat in front of Marley's lifeless body and knelt down besides him. "Fred..." Fred heard George say next to him as he placed a hand on his shoulder, he looked up at his brother to see he was crying as well, in fact everyone looked either stricken or were crying.

"Wait..." Fred heard Madam Pomffrey said as he turned and looked at her. "She has a pulse!" she exclaimed as something jumped in my heart. "Its very faint, but she's has one!"

"Are you sure?!" Fred asked hopefully looking at Madam Pomffrey she nodded.

"Come on, we must take her back to the castle!" Madam Pomffrey yelled as Fred nodded, and he placed his arms underneath the motionless girl as he stood up, holding Marley in his arms. Her head fell to the side motionless, she looked so still and pale. Fred shook the thoughts out of his mind as he followed the others to the ruined Hogwarts Castle.

All Fred could think about was the faint breathes he felt against his arm coming from Marley.

________________________________________________________________________________

Well here you guys go! I think i'll upload the next one tonight! :) The next one... is... the last one. Hoped you liked the chapter, sorry if it wasnt that great.

Also, thank you IAmFred, for putting me in your story as well for IAmGeorge! And for xxTheDreamerxx for making a fan fiction of my story :). Thank you all for reading my story, and if i ever forgot to mention someone else, please tell and i'll put ou up on the next one. :)

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. TELL FRIENDS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.4K 3.2K 50
SECOND BOOK IN THE AVA POTTER TRILOGY Ava Potter has been given a task by Lord Voldemort that she is not sure she can complete- bringing her brother...
124 18 12
Elvira Snape. The Woman full of secrets she was born to keep was blessed with a child born to suffer. Cora A. Black. A girl who lived with her uncle...
454K 10K 39
Mercury Iris Malfoy was a Slytherin. That is until she was mauled by a werewolf, suffered from a shift in personality and re-sorted into Gryffindor H...
588 4 50
Aries Cassiopeia Black is a Halfblood Witch and is also a Gryffindor and she is also the only daughter and child of none other than Sirius Black hims...