Round Two || Tokyo Revengers...

By wakathottie

Illumi Yato had it all and knew how to make it work for him. He was a friend of Takemichi's friend group in t... More

Background for Round Two
Toman Arc
Round Two
Resist
Relieve
Revolve
Rejoin
Reburn
Moebius Arc
Remind
Revive
Redivide
Rechange
Reel
Respect
Reasons
Rethink
Reality
Recept
Future Illumi Imagery
Redo
Rebuild
Refuse
Renew
Revenge
Odds and Ends
Escape
Valhalla Arc
Anyone's guess
Enter the stage
Decisions
No pain, no gain
Double Cross
Once upon a time
Trust and boundaries
Make up my mind
Level with
No way
Hurtful Hope
Before Dawn
Open Fire
Turn Around
No Match For
Look Up For
Dead or Alive
End of War
Life or Luxury
My Fam
Pretty Present
Sunday Best

Break up

3.2K 202 20
By wakathottie

The silence was deafening with the attempts of others trying to understand exactly just what had happened. Did someone seriously reject an offer to be right there up beside Mikey? Turn away an extended hand of equality and power?

Someone did and it was precisely the one person many so hoped wouldn't even think of doing such a thing.

The blonde gang leader looked at the hand that he reached out to Illumi with, it was now back by his side limp like a fallen Soldier in a war. Perhaps that was a bit dramatic to compare it to but his heart felt like it'd been trampled by the fire stretching lines of soldiers that would march upon land in the name of their kingdoms to restore glory and offer protection. His heart felt trampled and it felt broken, was it something he did? Was there something that his gang embodies that made his one person turn away his offer? Is it because Moebius was now part of Toman?

Mikey knew Illumi despised rapists, in fact, he believes he hates them so much that murder wouldn't be off the table when it came to it. He's seen Illumi bathed in the blood of someone who tried to harm him, if Osanai's death was anything to think about he wouldn't think twice about putting all his eggs in one basket in betting that Illumi had something to do with it.

There is no judgement here with those actions, maybe it's even a bit hot to know Illumi could handle himself so well. Murder wasn't exactly a thing Mikey went around advocating for but when it involves Illumi he was more than happy to give out some heavily seasoned favoritism exceptions.

What exactly is he to do now?

With this rejection after happening Mikey is not sure how he's to keep Illumi within toman. He doesn't delude himself into thinking the boy stays for him and the rest of the members, Yato only shows up because Takemichi dragged him around and pleads with him to follow these meetings and other activities Toman involves themselves in. Did it hurt? A bit, yeah.

He did know Illumi longer, Takemichi that is, but it doesn't make it any less hurtful that he himself as Sano Manjiro wasn't enough to keep Illumi around of his own free will. The blond stared at the little bundle now held in Illumi's arms, he's got a bad feeling about the little thing, he felt like this one child is going to be a reason that he might not see the long-haired beauty that much anymore. It goes beyond the fact that children need excessive care in the early stages of life, it felt rooted deeper like Illumi was already starting to pull away trying to fade into a background that he didn't belong to in the first place.

Mikey wasn't going to let that happen. If he had to glue himself to the other's side so he can never lose sight of him it was a sacrifice he was willing to make, not like it was much of a sacrifice anyway. Maybe in another life or another time such strong emotions would have freaked him out, would have made him push the other person away in order to preserve himself a life of heartbreak but it's gone too far. He's far too deep in the celestial pool that was Illumi. He had only meant to watch the surface ripple and roll for a short time but what started as a slow dipping of a hand into its waters became a submerging drowning of infatuation.

He's not the only one.

Many within and outside the gang hold eyes to Illumi, some curious and some having met him enough to know he's one of a kind, out the window go sexuality and morals. What use is societal constructs and social normality when the person you hold deep affection for breaks every boundary you could ever imagine? What good is it to confirm when it feels so much better to just be by their side completely and unapologetically different?

"Why not?" Mikey mumbled, still looking at his hand. "Did I do something wrong? Do you not like Toman?"

"It's not that Mikey," Illumi sighed. "I have a lot on my plate right now with Killua. Don't get me wrong, I'm flattered by your offer and I'm very happy you trust me enough in order to grant me such a position in the gang, but I just can't realistically follow you around as I could before. Killua is young and needs constant attention from me. I can't be out all hours of the night beating up people from other gangs, I can't be putting myself in danger anymore especially with my blood clotting disease and the fact that I might not be coming home to my child. It's not like I'm going to disappear from your life," He totally was. "I'm just not going to be as present, we can still hang out, I can come over some days. You guys can come over to my place. We can meet up for New Year's festivals, go to get piercings done or I'll help the rest of the boys dye their hair. I just can't fight by your side anymore Mikey."

Mikey's eyes were dark quiet turmoil, the answer he was given was both expected and unwelcome. That doesn't mean he's given up yet, one way or another he will have Illumi by his side and fighting, he just has to be careful about it. It's no good having a Lumi by his side if all the other holds for him is resentment. Many think he's not smart or as cunning just because he's more childish in nature but Mikey is manipulative only he's so face forward with his manipulation the half the time you can't really grasp it.

"We'll talk about this later," Mikey ended the conversation much to the ire of Illumi.

Out of nowhere the swishing sound of fast heard steps of the ears of the two that were talking. Illumi looked over his shoulder in curiosity at just who was making all this racket when not even a few seconds before all there was dead Silence. The blonde-headed figure of Takamichi or seen on top of the steps a fist pulled back that struck across a surprised Kisaki's face. It knocked his glasses straight off and had Draken looking like a shocked Pikachu. "Takemicchi?!"

"Hm?" Mikey looked over his shoulder as well at the commotion happening. Like jeez, can a boy not have an extremely in-depth conversation about rejection and emotions with someone without getting interrupted?

"Aye, what the fuck's he doin'?!"

"Is he crazy?"

"The higher-ups are gonna kill him."

The crowd of lower-tier members spoke amongst themselves as they witnessed a very foolish action done on Takemichi's part.

"Hey!" The loyal dog of Kisaki shouted. "Who the hell are you?!"

"Who do you think you are Takemicchi?! You're not even in Toman, are you trying to ruin our ceremony?!" Draken shouted infuriated at the events that had played out that night. Not only was Takemichi going around punching newly promoted division members but Illumi had decided to decline the invitation to become part of the gang.

"Draken..." Takemichi mumbled, partly shocked and embarrassed at his actions.

"What's your problem Takemicchi?" Mitsuya joined in to reprimand the blond.

"You trying to ruin Mikey's reputation, asshole?!" A peach-haired boy asked while smiling so wide it was nearly unnerving. Illumi didn't know him, of course, he's seen him around Toman but they've never interacted.

"You got it all wrong guys, I was just..." takemichi trailed off. "I was just..."

"Hey now, what's going on?" Baji appeared from nowhere wild in appearance as usual. "Things just got real interesting!"

"Baji.." Mitsuya acknowledged the other boy's presence.

"Aint you on house arrest?" the fifth division captain asked knowing full well the answer.

Takemichi was lost on who this new person was, he was so out of it he never saw the fist that came slamming point-blank into his face. Illumi tensed wanting to go and protect his friend only he was stopped with Mikey having a hold in his arm and shaking his head. Normally this would be the part where Illumi breaks free from the hold dashingly and saves the day but Takemichi was kinda an idiot in hitting the new division captain cause even if he didn't like Kisaki his actions pretty much looked like he spits on Mikey's decisions. In other words, it was highly disrespectful. So he stayed quiet and for once let the blond deal with the consequences of his actions.

Baji's hit was solid but it didn't knock Takemichi to the floor. When the black-haired boy went in for another Mitsuya stepped up and grasped his arm preventing the boy from landing another hit. "Lemme go, Mitsuya. I'll kill you."

"You wanna go bastard?" Mitsuya challenged. Illumi raised an eyebrow at that...it was...interesting to see. Not something he'd be opposed to witnessing again, y'know...for science.

"Mikey!!" Baji suddenly roars out, turning in the blond leader's direction.

"Why are you even here, baji?" Mikey asked with a certain tiredness to his face. "You cause infighting in the gang and have been banned from our gatherings."

"I just punched another shitty brat," Baji smirked smugly like he was achieving all his life's goals. "Since I ruined your precious gathering, are you going to throw me out this time?"

"Baji..." Mikey said with warning, his grip on Illumi's arm tightening.

"I'm leaving to join Valhalla." Baji was strong in his words but to Illumi they didn't sound right. "You don't need a trouble maker like me around, right Mikey?"

"Baji!" Mikey shouted furious and heartbroken.

"I quit." Baji turned his back to his oldest friend he didn't want to see Mikey's eyes nor the eyes of the person who stood beside the oldest Sano. "From now on, first division captain Keisuke Baji...will be Toman's enemy!" Walking away and never looking back.

"Mikey," Draken attempted to comfort the shorter blond. "Don't let it bother you. That's just how he is."

"...yeah."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.2K 974 26
Another time leaper or is he from the past our (Y/N) is one strange dude will he be able to get past these challenges or just die? Another story bitc...
1.9K 81 42
What if y/n was included in the manga? Let's see. You've known Mikey since you were little, you remember playing around with him and even creating To...
Scars By YC

Fanfiction

234K 10.7K 84
Y/N L/N moves from Yokohama to Tokyo, leaving Izana and Kakucho behind. She enters a new school in Tokyo, and meets Sanzu Haruchiyo, a Tokyo Manji Ga...
555K 28.6K 105
โ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ค'๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ช๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š. ๐™„ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™™๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™ข ๐™ค๐™› ๐™—๐™š๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. โž ...