Goldberg

By nowikugo

After being diagnosed quirkless, Izuku's father didn't take it too well. The stress grew too much for Inko. B... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 46

7K 303 269
By nowikugo

≡Shota POV≡
◃With Class 1A▸

The ride back to UA was slow and silent.

No one knew what to do. One of the pros, Ragdoll, as well as a classmate, had been taken by villains and some of the most easy going students were on the verge of tears, if they weren't already.

I'm worried about the kids, especially those closest to Izuku, so I offered some to come over to my house for the night since there's no trains working right now.

Bakugo, Kaminari, and Todoroki all agreed to come over. I think it's best if they stay together.

I feel like such a failure. When I ran into the clearing and heard his screams and the wall of flames, I didn't know what to do.

In all the years I have been a hero, I'd never frozen like that. I couldn't do anything and was useless.

My problem child was screaming out and all I could do was watch. I'm a pitiful excuse for a hero.

"Hey, uhm, Bakugo?" The first words were spoken by a timid Uraraka.

Bakugo only glanced at her, showing that he was listening.

"Uhm, I was just wondering since you know Izuku so well, he just seemed different during the attack. Did... Did he know them?"

The silence grew even quieter as the whole class listened, they probably were wondering something similar.

"Yeah, why'd they have to go after him? He just transferred, it's not like he did anything," Ojiro added with a frown.

"Well, he was at the USJ..." Sero mumbled.

"That's right, he took down that leader and bird thing," Kirishima gave a small smile that was clearly forced.

"It was his father."

Everyone looked at Bakugo, shocked. From all their theories, I'm sure this was not among them.

"His dad, ribbit?" Asui repeated.

"At the USJ, the League got interested in his inventions too," Kaminari whispered, everyone still heard.

"And they already tried taking him at the mall..." Hitoshi added as he continued to stare out the window.

It was silent for a few more minutes as everyone tried to understand their new classmate's situation.

"We'll get him back though, right?" Shoji asked with a determined tone as he looked at the quiet group.

"Why?"

Saying I was shocked at Iida's words, would've been a huge understatement.

"What do you mean 'why' Iida?" Jiro asked with a furiousted tone, which I much appreciated.

"Think about it. The girls weren't there, but at the hot springs he-"

"You're still on about that?" Todoroki's voice was so cold, I shivered even though it wasn't directed at me.

"Think about it Todoroki! He already looked like a delinquent and now we find out he has a connection to the villains? Not just any connection, but his father! Maybe he is better off with them," Iida stood as he explained his point.

"I think it's better off if you just shut the fuck up!" Kaminari growled as he got off Shinso's shoulder and stared at Iida. "You weren't there, you didn't see what they did. You don't know the truth or his side of the story. So don't make assumptions as fucked up as those."

"Kaminari is right. Sit down and stop talking, Iida," I ordered.
__________
When we finally arrived at UA, I waited for all the parents to come and pick up my students.

"Mr Aizawa?" I turned around after hearing Tokoyami's voice.

"Yes?" I looked over the small group consisting of Shoji, Tokoyami, and surprisingly, Yaoyorozu.

"Would it be alright if we came over to your house as well for a bit? We won't stay the night though," Yaoyorozu politely asked. I nodded and walked to my mini van seeing as everyone else had left.

We drove in silence until we reached my house and got out. I silently watched as all the students went to Hitoshi's room.

≡Denki POV≡

I was shocked when the others decided to come too. I was confused on why they wanted to come if they weren't staying the night.

We walked into Hitoshi's room. I couldn't help but let my eyes linger at his desk where one of Izuku's inventions was left from the last time we came here.

We sat in our usual spots. I sat on Hitoshi's bed next to him with Katsuki at the end. Shoto sat in a bean bag while the other 3 stood. The desk chair was left empty, that's Izuku's spot and his only.

"Uhm, welcome to my room?" Hitoshi said more like a question, good thing I wasn't the only one confused.

"My apologies, we don't mean to impose," Yaoyorozu started.

"We want to talk about Izuku, and how to get him back," Tokoyami spoke up from the corner he had claimed.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The League had brought along a Nomu in their attack. Awase from class 1B and I had attached a tracker to it when we were fighting. I can create a receiver for it, he'll most likely be kept in the same place," Yaoyorozu explained.

"He's already planning on escaping," Katsuki spoke up, making everyone look at him.

"How do you know?" Shoji asked.

"When he was being pulled into the portal, he said 'It's ok Kacchan, I'll be fine. Don't worry too much about me, ok?' That's what he used to say every Friday to tell me that he'd still be there Monday."

There was a small silence as we all tossed his words around in our heads.

"Even if he's planning on escaping, I think we should still try to rescue him. I'd rather go in there just to find him already escaping than sit here waiting to see if he can pull it off," Hitoshi spoke up.

"I agree," Tokoyami added.

"Yeah, I still want to rescue him. As soon as possible. When can you make the receiver?" Bakugo looked at Yaoyorozu and she stuck her arm out and it began to glow until 2 receivers came out.

"I'm going to give one to Mr Aizawa as well so the heroes can also help in case this fails."

"That's a good idea," I said as I grabbed one from her to see it's location in Kamino.

"How are we doing this?" Shoto asked as he glanced at everyone.

"We should go as soon as possible, he was already in rough shape, the quicker the better," Shoji replied.

"Who's all going?" I asked.

"I'm going," Hitoshi and Katsuki said in unison, me and Shoto joining right after.

"I would like to come as well. I can help when we're searching," Shoji added.

"I may not be too much help with searching, and you may already have offense covered, but I want to come too," Tokoyami said with determination in his voice.

"Although I wish I could go, I think if we add more, it'd be too large of a group and I won't offer enough help to make it worth it. I can, however, make you anything you may need beforehand. Let me help as much as I can," Yaoyorozu started timidly but ended with confidence.

"We should try our best to keep this as a strict rescue mission and refrain from fighting as much as possible. Since we don't have licenses, we aren't legally allowed to use our quirks. It would be best if we used stealth," Shoto explained to the group.

Everyone agreed except Katsuki.

"If I see that bastard, I'm going to blast him back to the hell hole he crawled from," he growled.

"While I completely agree, it'd be best if we let the pros take care of him. Think about it, if we give Aizawa a receiver right now, he'd also be in a hurry to get him back, so if we plan it right, we can let them beat up all the villains while we get Izuku behind their backs. We can get Hitoshi to learn about the plans. Aizawa expects him to be really worried and wanting a plan, so asking questions won't be suspicious."

"When did you get so smart?" Hitoshi let out a short, sad laugh as I explained my plan.

"No need for that," we all flinched as Aizawa opened the door and walked in.

"How long have you been there?" Shoto asked.

"The whole time. Oh come on, you didn't really expect me to believe you all just wanted to go into the same room and stay for a while but not sleep over and not do anything."

"I guess we should've expected this," Shoji sighed.

"So... you gonna try and stop us?" I asked.

"Hell no. You actually came up with a half decent plan. I'll just make it easier. I'll get the pros to raid this location as soon as possible, share information with you, and let you come to get him."

"Really?" Yaoyorozu asked, astonished. Aizawa merely nodded.

"That problem child still owes me a week's worth of free coffee. After this, I need it as soon as possible," he brushed his hair back a bit and gave a rare small smile.

"Since you know about this, do you mind driving me to his apartment?" Katsuki asked.

"Why do you need to go to his house?" Tokoyami tilted his head, confused.

"I got a bad feeling. Besides, I need to make sure they were bluffing or I misheard when he said parents."

"I completely forgot about that," Hitoshi whispered under his breath.

"Let's go right now, if you want, you can all come and I'll drive you home after you wait in the van," Shota gestured for us to come, so we did.

On the way, we all finalized some loose plan of how it'll go when we rescue him until we reached his complex.

"Do you have a set of keys?" Hitoshi asked as the 3 of us plus Shota came out of the van.

"Nope, but he made some dents in the side that we can use."

To say I was confused when he walked to the back of the complex and started climbing, would be an understatement.

There were dents in the concrete for your hands and feet that were pretty worn down from use. It leads straight up to a window that I assume leads to Izuku's apartment.

We all hesitantly started climbing after him until he climbed in through the unlocked window.

"I don't know why I'm surprised anymore," Shota whispered as he looked around at his stuffed room.

We walked out of the blueprint covered room and into the hallway. Katsuki opened the door and immediately froze.

"What's wrong?" Hitoshi asked in a panic as he walked up behind him.

"Oh shit," I breathed as I looked around.

The room looked mostly normal, if you don't mind the splatters of blood on the floor and bed.

But worst of all, the bed was empty.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 4.8K 45
_-β™₯✧~β† *β†ž~✧β™₯-_  Izuku Midoriya was happy with his life for the most part. He had a great mom and mostly great friends. (Ahem-- Bakugou) There were alw...
42K 1.7K 28
Shota Aizawa never planned on having a family. He wasn't a people-person, so living in a house with multiple other humans was never his idea of a 'ho...
46.4K 1.2K 15
Izuku Midoriya has had a tough childhood. His mother abuses him, his father left when he was a baby, his childhood best friend bullies him every day...
18.3K 457 58
[Book 2 is out with a few chapters] When Izuku found he wasn't getting a quirk his world came crashing down. In hopes of cheering Izuku up, Inko take...