Parshawna Macduff - the great...

By Poppy_Rusert

"My whole life changed after my mother's death. I was an orphan just before some time and now, I am a witch... More

Characters
Characters Narration
Author's Note
Prologue
Parshawna Macduff- The Introduction
The Dream Of Dark
Royal Meeting
The Golden wand
Home Coming
Witchward Wizard School
The New Guests
Sleepless Nights
A New Fake Friend
The secret of the Golden Wand
The Forest of Dark
End Of The First Year
Danger At Home
Allies
Spring Time
The Rumours
Nights of PLEIADES
An Envious Encounter
The secret of murderous chamber
The secret of the murderous chamber- 2
One step closer
A picnic day- part 1
A picnic day- Part two ( Confession)
His heart is mine
Agony
A Birthday Surprise
Author's note
It's all a trap!!!
Rebirth of the Witch
Re-Unite of Some Old Friends
Tale Of Two Sisters
Two Truth and a Lie
A Sweet Proposal
The Half Blooded Wizard Slave
A Mysterious Murder
The Night Riders
Summon of 'Luna'
Mind Games
The Book Of 'Elis'
A Midnight Journey
Jenny's Big Day
My Romantic Husband
Betrayal
What Happened in the Last Battle? Who was Venom?
The Last Goodbye
Updated Characters
Character Narrations
Broken Promises
Cursed Blood
"You are too late!!!"
Unfold Letters
Wise choice
Sudden Attack!!!
Hard Decisions
Seeking Answers
Consolation
The Shadow
Wedding Vows
An Old Friend or Enemy? Part - 1
An Old Friend or Enemy? Part - 2
Unspoken Words
Paradise of Doom
Abduction
Where is She?
The Missing Piece.
Holo Love
Surprise!!!!
Visiting ElfLand.
Are They Jealous?
What Jealousy can lead you to...
Jennifer's Insecurity
The Agonized Love
Unapprehend Journey
Jennifer's Big Day
He is Back!!!!!!
Author's note 2
The Unexpected Meet
Gina
The Escape
Stone of "Arch"
Council Meeting
The Hunt for the Stone
The Lost Possessions
The Lost Seah Beach
The Piracy Amends
Lost lives.
Plotting
One Lost family
Rebellion
One Step Closer
The Remaining Truth
Love or Obsession?
The Hellbound Sword.
Journey to the Hell
Meeting Lucifer
Love Sacrifice
After War
Epilogue
Author's Note

The Wedding Arrangements

16 13 2
By Poppy_Rusert

AT WITCHDOM PALACE:

EVENING AT 7 PM

SHAWNA'S POV:

I was sitting in front of the mirror while looking at myself. The red puffy eyes. Two days left for my wedding. I am still stuck with the thoughts of Priam in my head. Why? Why is it so hurting? Is it because I am getting married or he is too? I was confused. My marriage was a sacrifice... I know that I will never be able to love the man I am getting married to. But I will try to be a good wife beside him. I have never seen him till now, his condition to this wedding as we will be meeting on the wedding day...

This was indeed a mystery for me that why is he hiding in the shadows... but I was too much busy with other things it didn't bother me much. I am just following protocols to save my country. 

But, him... He is getting married. he has moved on... I cover my face with my hands as I cried a bit. He left me... Left me when I needed him the most. He didn't fight for me... It was all a lie...

"You came into my life,
like autumn leaves,
you left me like that,
when I was in need.
You lied day by day,
that you loved me a lot,
Now did I know,
that you did not
."

All these years I have only loved him... Only him

"It was you, always was you,
and always will be,
but you make me realize,
past all these years,
was nothing meant to be."

Now, he is getting married to someone else. He will be loving her... He will be giving his heart away to her. And I will be always in these times... cherishing our love... suffering. If love means suffering, I am ready to endure it for you. But...

"So once I am gone,
you must know,
there was this girl,
who loved you,
with all she had, never lied,
she gave her heart,
she tried to fight.
Yet you left her hands,
to let her all alone.
you will understand,
once I am gone
. "

His face flashed in front of me.

A drop of tears fell from my eyes as I closed my eyes to endure the pain I am going through. For me, a new life is waiting which I don't know how things will go by now. But somewhere I have to leave all these behinds for a new beginning. What I know is, he... he will be always there in my heart.

I have determined to tell everything to the kIng of Doah before the marriage anyhow. At least he has the right to know. Maybe I will have the chance somewhere before the ceremony. 

My wedding is due in two days. I am still in a pathetic situation. Memories of us in our good old days began to flash in my mind. I was thinking all this when I heard a knock at my door. I quickly wiped off my tears and cleared my throat before answering-" Yes, come in please!"

The door opened slowly revealing grand behind the doors. I smiled and asked-" Grandma? You should have called me..."

She smiled back at me while entering my room. She said-" that is okay my dear... I just came to show you something". She was holding a box in her hand. My eyes fall on the box as I asked impatiently looking at it-" What is that?"

She gestured me to sit as we both walk towards the dressing table and she made me sit on the chair. I looked at her from the mirror. She was looking at me with love in her eyes. She said-" Oh dear... How time flew so quickly. A few years later you were just a kid when I found you. And now you are getting married"

I can see the shining droplet of tears in her eyes. I sighed as a smile a little slowly before turning back-" Grandma... Married or not... I will be always with you"

She holds my hands and nodded a little giving a warm smile. A drop of tears has already escaped from her eyes. She said-" I know my dear... You see... when your father was alive.. we have thought about this moment a lot. He had so many dreams about this day... And... I-I am just h-happy that I can fulfill it on behalf of him"

She handed me over the box and said-" Here... this belongs to you now"

I frowned a little as I smiled confusingly before taking the box in my hands. I asked-" What is this?"

She replied with a smile-" Open it"

I did as she said. And I found this amazing blue sapphire necklace wrapped carefully in the box. I gasped looking at it. I raised my brows in amazement as I asked with a smile on my face-" Wow... Is this...?"

She cut me off by saying-" Yes, it is the family heirloom of ours... which your dad wanted to pass on to you. He added the blue spheres as he knew how much you loved the color blue in everything". She looked at me with a smile. She knew how much I loved the color blue. 

FLASHBACK 10 YEARS AGO***

When I came here, I asked dad to bring my things all in blue. My mom once gave me a hairpin she made it herself for my 16th birthday. As she didn't have much money to buy me gifts, she sold her few things from which she bought me jewels and made me a hairpin. It was not a real jewel back then, but for me it was priceless. She put me in my head while she said-" Something Olde, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue, A Sixpence in your Shoe. When you will get married I will give something like that okay?"

I smiled at her saying-" No mom, I will stay with you forever..."

She hugged me as I hugged her back.

END OF FLASHBACK***

I chuckled while looking at it in awe. My dad's gift. I was so happy to receive it. I said while closing the box-" I will cherish it and protect it with all my life"

I smiled remembering something. Praim and dad both knew exactly what I like. I looked secretly at the necklace I am wearing, which was gifted by Priam. 

NEXT DAY

One day more to my wedding. The decoration was going on all over the palace. According to the condition, the wedding will be a secret for now with the limited number of guests. The condition he gave was a little bit weird. Why it is like that? Why is everything a secret? What is he hiding so much? 

Then something hit my mind... I don't know his name yet!!!! I was a little shocked that I ignore the fact that I am going to get married to someone I don't know the name of!!! This is insane. I called grandma that instant to clear this doubt. I found her in her chamber discussing a few works with the ministers. I cleared my throat to get their attention while standing at the door. She immediately looked at me and smiled. I asked-" Can I come in grandma?"

She nodded while saying-" Oh you don't need my permission dear, come in.". The minister bowed to me-" Greeting your majesty". I nodded and took a seat.

I sat opposite waiting for her to get free. Somehow my mind was stuck with the fact that how did I overlook this one? I sighed. Without my intention, I heard their conversation.

The minister said-" Well... I have looked into the matter so far... There is something still missing from this case. But don't worry we will; cover it soon"

Grandma nodded carefully as she was thinking something. She said-" Get Archialac from the Knights. He is one of my best men. He will be helping you"

The minister nodded as he said-" Yes mother queen. I shall dig into this matter more"

Grandma nodded as he left bowing before us. I frowned and asked-" Is everything alright?"

She nodded with a little frown on her face as she replied-" Well... I hope so, there are a few cases that have been heard about missing children from the town. The people are afraid to go out or let their children be out."

I looked at her confusingly. This was obnoxious. Are the children getting missing? How is that even possible? I said with a serious face-" Do you... perhaps think that this has something to do with the Harnems?"

She looked at me with suspicious eyes as she replied-" maybe... we haven't yet gotten anything from those two men." She sighed as she stood up and walked towards the study table. She continued-" This is why I said to carry this work secretly. People are already scared and in doubt, things like this will make everything worse. After your wedding and the merge of this kingdom, We can turn the table"

She looked back at me. From which I remember why I came here. I stood up before walking towards her. I had a confused face. She noticed that. I said-" About that... I have a question grandma"

She frowned as she asked-" what is it?"

I raised my one eyebrow tilting my head as I replied-" I barely know about him... I mean what is his name? Why everything is so secret? What is he hiding so much?"

Grandma looked at me while answering-" Well... The letter i received from the kingdom of Doah state that, The king is hiding his identity from the world, as the history of Doah was not very strong for a few years. So he needs to get married to be officially a king to the throne. He shall be showing his face only when he has a queen in his side. And about his name...."

I was listening to her carefully as before she can complete her sentence we heard someone's voice from behind. We both looked back to see who was it. It was Tiara. Standing with a smile at the door. She politely asked-" Greetings to mother queen and Queen Shawna!!! may I come in?"

My lips curved into a smile as soon as I saw her, I replied-" Tiara!! What a pleasant surprise!!!!"

She came in, as we hugged each other. Granny said-" It was a delight to meet you, my dear. You look so much beautiful than in the picture." She looked down while blushing a little as she said-" thank you, mother queen."

Granny asked to take her to my room which I did. Tiara said-" I have come here to thank you for that day"

I smiled as I said-" Oh... you didn't have to thank me, I would have done the same for my sister... and I do think you as my sister Tiara... so no need for the curtsy."

She smiled as she handed me a little box. I looked at it with confusion as she said-" this is a small gift from me for your wedding"

I smiled as I accepted it gladly. I opened the box and I saw a beautiful golden hairpin. I said-" This is beautiful!!! thank you"

She nodded. We talked about a few random things after which I noticed the second box in her hand. I asked-" Are you giving a gift to someone else too?"

She looked down at her hands where I was staring and smiled before replying-" Uh... This? No... This is brother Priam's."

As soon as she took his name I frowned with an intensity to know what is in there. I asked-" Praim's?"

She nodded while biting her lower lips. She said-" I hope you remember tomorrow he is getting married too!!!. This is for his future queen."

She opened the box as it reveals a beautiful ring with blue diamonds in it. I gasped looking at it. I thought does he give away gifts to every girl she meets? Why blue? Why Praim? Why do you have to do this with me?

I suddenly started feeling a little uncomfortable as I told her-" Oh... Okay. Y-Yeah I remember..."

She noticed I was sweating a little when she asked with a concerned voice-" Queen Shawna? Are you okay?"

I nodded and replied-" Y-Yeah I am okay... I just am ti-tired a bit..." She Nodded as she replied-" okay... you must take a rest, tomorrow is a big day for you. I will take my leave now"

She left leaving me behind with lots of thoughts. That night I couldn't sleep properly. I was jealous!!!.

THE WEDDING DAY:

Finally, the day has come when I shall meet the king of Doah and the wedding will take place. I was standing before the mirror with my wedding gown. It fitted me perfectly, showing every curve in my body. The white lace gown was long and beautiful covering a wide space with its frills. I was in my wedding attire, ready to walk down the aisle. To promise the rest of my life to someone I barely know. I was wearing the necklace my father gave me. But somehow I managed to keep the necklace gifted by Praim too. I put the hairpin gifted by Tiara to add a little more to my hair. I didn't do many make-ups, it was simple yet elegant. 

I checked myself one last time before they put down my veil. Grandma came inside as I turned back to see her. the maids help me to walk with the heavy gown. Grandma's face was showing happiness and sadness at the same time. She was happy to fulfill my dad's wish... She was sad because I got old enough to get married off. She had tears of happiness in her eyes.

I smiled as I said-" Grandma... Why are you crying? It is going to be alright now. This kingdom... It will be like before... happy and prosperous. What more can we ask for?"

She nodded as she caress my head. She said-" I wish you have a happy life too Shawna... You need to understand.. a new life is waiting for you... You must be open to accepting it."

I looked at her with a straight face, as I was not able to find what to reply. She sighed as she said-" Now, it is time to move on from the past and look forward to the future. Shawna my dear, we must leave behind the dark past towards the enlightenment of the future. That is what life is. We can only learn from the past, we cannot take it with us."

I slowly nodded. She again said-" I know what is going on with you but, you must fulfill all your duties as a queen of kingdoms and his queen too!!!"

I realized she is right. I must fulfill all my duties. But, I shall be bound with my heart to someone else. We both got emotional a little. Wedding is after all emotional. We hugged each other, as one of the generals came in and informed-" My queen!!!... The king of Doah and his family have already arrived. They are waiting at the wedding hall. They informed to bring the bride now"

Grandma looked at her before nodding and ordering the maids-" Get ready... Its time"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 1.2K 178
Disclaimer : This is not my story. No plagiarism intended. The credit goes to original author. ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ The entire Yunzhou knew that the Ye Family h...
35K 2.2K 80
Just read the book to know. This book is inspired by the book Enigmatic queen by @SuccessSmile. I have made a lot of changes in the story as then I...
301K 15.1K 46
Ruby King is your average young woman who is starting to attend college full time. Everything is going great until she notices that there seems to be...
466K 18.8K 124
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...