Carat Kingdom

By MiraiNotMiray

(Featuring: Kim Samuel) A story of creatures who were join by force in order to save their world that is invi... More

D i s c l a i m e r
β™š P r o l o g e β™”
Main Characters
Chapter 1 - "Unknown Visitor"
Chapter 2 - "95"
Chapter 3 - "96"
Chapter 4 - "97"
Chapter 5 - "98"
Chapter 6 - "They are gifted."
Chapter 7 - "Human?"
Chapter 8 - "Hooded Figure"
Chapter 9 - "Bright Siren"
Chapter 10 - "Chosen Fate"
Chapter 11 - "His past"
Chapter 12 - "The Start Of Their Journey"
Chapter 13 - "Mysterious Human"
Chapter 14 - "The Truth About The Royal Siblings"
Chapter 15 - "Hoshi."
Chapter 16 - "The Great Wizard."
Chapter 17 - "Happy Merry Un-Birthday"
Chapter 18 - "Retrieving The Stolen"
Chapter 19 - "Come Forth And We Shall Brawl"
Chapter 20 - "The Witch Of The Waste"
Chapter 21 - "Human World"
Chapter 22 - "Talking With The Moon"
Chapter 23 - "You Are Mine."
Chapter 24 - "Time is Flying Faster Than You think."
Chapter 25 - "Chan, The human boy"
Chapter 26 - "Twin Sisters"
Chapter 27 - "Mizuki Village"
Chapter 28 - "Black Magic"
Chapter 29 - "A Relic?"
Chapter 30 - "Assassinated"
Chapter 31 - "A great escape"
Chapter 32 - "Takashi Tribe"
Chapter 33 - "A nightmare"
Chapter 34 - "A great return."
Chapter 35 - "A waltz in the woods"
Chapter 36 - "Hallucinations"
Chapter 37 - "Broken Memories"
Chapter 38 - "Butterfly"
ANNOUNCEMENT - on-hold/revising
Chapter 39 - "A Warlock"
Chapter 40 - "Welcoming Smiles" (Important Announcement!)
Chapter 42 - "Lovely Night"

Chapter 41 - "The Latern Festival"

640 41 29
By MiraiNotMiray

Really long chapter ahead! Enjoy! :)

The kingdom celebrated the arrival of the boys until the moon had appeared, and the sun had slept.

In the plaza, there held a festival. Lanterns up in the sky, music filled the air, and creatures dancing. It was very lively you say. It's not every day the Kingdom celebrated heroes' arrival.

It just so happens that their arrival is at the same time as the lantern festival in the kingdom.

It was a sight to see. A lively kingdom with creatures dancing as if it's the last time the moon would shine brightly up in the dark, blue sky.

The caladrius is slowly walking, admiring the small shops alined around the plaza. The others decided to explore the plaza more, that's why they got separated.

Seungkwan wanted to buy something to drink, but it seems impossible since there are so many drinks to pick from. Finally, he had grabbed a small, yellow drink from an unfamiliar store. He fished out some coins from his pocket and kindly gave them to the old man who was behind the stall.

The latter continues to walk around as the lively music plays, and villagers gathered to the center and start to dance.

Seungkwan smiled to see many creatures enjoying their night. He saw Hansol awkwardly sitting at a small table, eating some berries. The taller decided to go up to the younger.

"Hey Hansol." Seungkwan greeted with a smile as he took one last sip of his drink. "What are you doing all alone? I thought you were with Chan and Samuel earlier?"

"The two decided to buy some apple pie across from here, and here I am." Hansol said as he filled his mouth with the yellow berries.

"Aren't you bored?" He asked.

"I don't think so." He replied.

Seungkwan scrunched up his nose in annoyance. What type of answer is that? He thought.

He sat across the wendigo as he thought of something that could pass the time along with the other who had nothing else to do than shove berries in his mouth.

Suddenly, an idea came up to his mind. He stood up and grabbed Hansol's hand making the other startled.

"What are you doing?"

"We're gonna have some fun!"

He dragged the poor boy to the center of the plaza where many creatures danced. Seungkwan began to dance as Hansol laughed at the sight.

"Come on! Dance with me." Seungkwan offered, and somehow, Hansol could not resist.

Hansol looked at Seungkwan as their eyes connected. Almost as if the world had slowed down and his eyes only focused on the boy in front of him. The only thing he could hear is his heart beating loudly.

That's when Hansol realized that he fell in love.

- - -

Minghao stood uncomfortably beside a small stall of potions. He didn't know where to go or who to go to, the others already got out of his sight.

His eyes roamed around the plaza and his eyes landed on Hansol and Seungkwan. And he couldn't help but smile at the two having fun.

"Looks like they're having the time of their lives." He mumbled.

"Well, aren't you gonna dance as they did?"

Minghao jumped from the sudden voice. He looked left and right yet he didn't he anyone making him frown.

"Up here." The voice said with a chuckle.

Minghao looked up to see Jun with a bright smile, floating up in the air. Their faces were inches away yet none of them moved.

"What do you mean?" The younger asked. "It will be awkward if I danced alone."

Jun gracefully floats down to the ground and placed his finger on his chin, imitating that he's thinking of something.

"How about you dance with me?" He offered. "I may be an imp, but I'm not joking. I want to spend some time with you."

Minghao's face turned red, flustered at the sudden offer. Well, it's true. He was jealous that many of the creatures are enjoying the festival. Why not him as well?

"Sure, I don't see why not." The younger gave the other a warm, sweet smile making Jun's heart flutter.

He gulped and held out his hand, offering Minghao for a dance. This small gesture made Minghao's smile grow wider, as he gladly took the other's hand.

They started to dance and felt like they were in their own world. Minghao had to be honest, it was really fun. Jun was having fun as well, but soon got distracted by many objects flying up in the sky.

The older stopped dancing making Minghao wonder. He looked at Jun and noticed he's looking up somewhere in the sky. The latter did the same only to be surprised.

"The lanterns! It's so beautiful!" Minghao exclaimed.

Jun looked at Minghao and admired every feature of his face. He adored the younger so much. Instead of admiring the beautiful lanterns above, he admired the person beside him.

"Yeah..." He whispered. "It is beautiful."

- - -

"Hey, Chan-hyung! Wait up!" Samuel shouted, panting as he tried to catch up with the older.

Chan was amazed at the sight. It was the first time he had ever seen a festival quite like this. It was magical.

"Hyung wait up! I have something for you!" Samuel called out.

Chan suddenly stopped and went over to Samuel who was exhausted. He quickly apologized and offered to take a break and sit on one of the tables available.

"Here." Samuel gave Chan a bowl making him frown.

"What's this?" He asked curiously.

"It's shaved ice with some sweet stuff drizzled onto it. You should try it! It's my brother's favorite dessert." Samuel stated with a smile.

"I think we have something similar in the human world." Chan said as Samuel got curious. "I've never tried it before though."

"Well if you said it's similar, you have the opportunity to try it now!" Samuel cheerfully said as he took one big bite of the sweet goods.

Chan hesitates at first but soon took a small bite to taste. He liked it, and it shows on his face. Samuel laughed as Chan soon took many bites causing a huge mess.

"You're messy at eating hyung." He pointed out, giggling.

"Sorry," he apologized. "It was just too good."

They both laugh but the younger stopped once he saw a bug smug of the dessert on the older's nose. He started to move closer making Chan panic. The sudden action made his heartbeat.

Chan didn't know what he was expecting but as soon as Samuel wiped the tip of his nose. He soon turned red due to embarrassment.

"See, I told you that you're a messy eater." Samuel said, oblivious of how Chan's heart is about to explode out of his chest.

Chan slowly nodded, completely gone insane of what just happened moments ago. Suddenly, Samuel looked up to see the lantern festival has already started.

"Hyung! Look! The lantern festival had started!" He pointed out as he stood up in excitement.

"You're right!" Chan exclaimed. "Let's go see it up close!"

Chan grabbed Samuel's hand and dragged him near where they could see the lanterns better. Without knowing, the two held hands for the rest of the night, making Samuel feel something unfamiliar.

- - -

Jihoon and Soonyoung are slowly walking around the plaza. Soonyoung found Jihoon earlier, sleeping in the castle for and decided to drag him to the festival.

"I wanted to sleep Soonyoung, why the hell did you drag me out here?" Jihoon complained.

"So you and I can have some fun?" Soonyoung smiled, making his eyes disappear, and Jihoon had to admit it was pretty cute.

"This is not my type of fun."

"Come on! I know something here will catch your eye." Soonyoung's eyes roamed around, looking for something he and Jihoon could do to pass the time. "Come on!"

Soonyoung dragged the poor boy around the plaza for a few hours now, making the other exhausted. It's almost like they did everything inside the plaza and yet Jihoon hasn't taken any interest in any of it.

"Still nothing?" Soonyoung asked, still fully energized.

"Soonyoung I'm tired. Please let me be." Jihoon snapped making Soonyoung startled. He only wanted to make the latter happy and spend time with him here in the lantern festival. Instead, he made it worse.

"S-sorry," Soonyoung mumbled. "I just wanted to spend time with you, I didn't mean it to get to this point."

Jihoon somewhat felt guilty for snapping at the other. He made a small "tsk" sound and mumbled.

"Whatever."

Jihoon sat down to get some rest. Near him was a small band of fairies, playing joyful songs to which the villagers can dance. Without thinking, Jihoon stood up and went up to them.

A guitar on a small chair called our for his name, or at least in his mind. He unconsciously grabbed the guitar and started to play a beautiful tune, making the others silent.

It was somewhat magical, as his beautiful and graceful hands glide around the thick strings of the small guitar.

Soon enough, the band started to play along with him making him smile brightly. As Soonyoung—who saw the whole thing, was truly amazed at the other's talent and passion for music.

The latter sat down in front of Jihoon, as he admired the shorter while playing music. Watching Jihoon is somewhat now Soonyoung's comfort. A wide smile planted on his face as he stared at the other.

Suddenly, a bunch of lanterns appeared behind the small band, but Soonyoung only had his attention to Jihoon.

It was the most beautiful scene Soonyoung has ever laid eyes on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 237 9
"𝖄𝖔𝖔𝖓 π•΅π–Šπ–”π–“π–Œπ–π–†π–“..π–Œπ–” 𝖔𝖓 𝖆 π–‰π–†π–™π–Š π–œπ–Žπ–™π– π–’π–Š.." ... "π–˜π–šπ–—π–Šπ–‘π–ž π–‡π–”π–˜π–˜.." @joshukyeom_
117K 3.2K 30
A story where some of the members of seventeen get kiddnaped, and there boyfriends need to save them main ships *Jeongcheol *meanie *verkwan *junhao ...
288K 13.9K 40
just a story about the life of thirteen wild boys in college
167K 7.9K 78
"The Princes of the kingdom will get married to the suitable mate choosen after the compitition". How will 6 boys and 1 girl's life change after marr...