On The Run | Wakasa I. (Tokyo...

By noticeyoursenpaii

[WAKASA X READER] When a long time friend of the Black Dragons' former members suddenly returns after years w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Back in Japan
Chapter 3: Walk Home
Chapter 4: Dinner With You
Chapter 5: Carry
Chapter 6: Old Friend
Chapter 7: Dumb
Chapter 8: Forced to Date
Chapter 9: Lies
Chapter 10: Missing Person
Chapter 11: Suspicious Men
Chapter 12: Heiress
Chapter 13: Truth
Chapter 14: Suspicious
Chapter 15: Quarrel
Chapter 16: With The Akashi
Chapter 17: Veeery Insensitive
Chapter 18: Runaway Bride
Chapter 19: Apologies
Chapter 20: Distant
Chapter 21: Attacked
Chapter 22: Worry
Chapter 23: Scars
Chapter 24: A First
Chapter 25: Victim
Chapter 26: Stay
Chapter 27: A Night To Remember
Chapter 28: The Day It Started
Chapter 29: Mistakes
Chapter 30: Apple of His Eye
Chapter 31: Words We Want To Hear
Chapter 32: Still On The Run
Chapter 33: Missing
Chapter 34: A Friend's Care
Chapter 35: Reversed Game of Tag
Chapter 36: Scared
Chapter 37: Princess and The Royal Guard
Chapter 38: Promises with a Mother
Chapter 39: Raid
Chapter 40: Run With Me
Chapter 41: Run Away
Chapter 42: Crazy
Chapter 43: Guilt
Chapter 44: I Promised
Chapter 45: Just The Two Of Us
Chapter 46: Treat
Chapter 47: One-Sided
Chapter 48: Talk
Chapter 49: Worst Friend
Chapter 50: The Densest
Chapter 51: A Little Help
Chapter 52: Better Hurry
Chapter 53: Bad Feeling
Chapter 54: Weak Side of Me
Chapter 55: The Surprise
Chapter 56: Miracle
Chapter 57: No Home To Return To
Chapter 58: Unwanted Promise
Chapter 59: Siding with Kanto
Chapter 60: Awake
Chapter 61: End Things
Chapter 62: I Want To See Her
Chapter 63: Past
Chapter 64: Accept
Chapter 65: Approaching Battle
Chapter 66: Meeting the Crazy Bastard Again
Chapter 67: Sacrifice
Chapter 68: Younger Version of Her Mother
Chapter 69: Saved
Chapter 70: Finally
Chapter 71: Back To You
Epilogue

Chapter 2: Beg

6.5K 291 36
By noticeyoursenpaii

YOUR POV

With a blank look on my face, I once again release a sigh out of frustration as I dusted off the dust on his carved name on his grave.

"You idiot... so this is why you never came back." I pouted as I glare at his grave.

Shinichiro.

Even after leaving everything behind without a thought before, Shinichiro didn't think twice of following after me just to make sure that it is what I really wanted. Amongst all my friends, Shin is the one I consider the closest to me. He knows everything. He knows how much I treasure everyone here which is the very reason he went after me.

When I explained everything to him, he understood but insisted on visiting me at least once a month. My father had forbidden any outsiders to meet me but Shin was an exception. He never fails to capture the hearts of those around him.

No wonder I fell for this guy before.

Well maybe like young love of something.

Amidst my longing for everyone, Shinichiro was there with me... bearing the burden I had on my shoulders in trying and trying to meet my father's expectations ever since I stepped foot in America. He was there to support me. Shin was my only connection to the rest of our friends. But that was cut short when he suddenly stopped visiting.

I thought he had abandoned me.

Or maybe he grew tired of supporting me ceaselessly.

Or maybe that girl finally gave her 'yes' to him that he forgot about me already.

Though I know he's not that kind of person.

It's much better though than having him six feet underground in my return.

"That's unfair, you know." I felt my voice crack the moment I said those words. I bit my lip to stop my tears. "I waited for you." And I even promised.

I promised that I'll come back with him and meet everyone again to surprise them once my training's all over.

"I didn't even know..." I wiped my cheek where my tear slipped as I try to swallow the heavy lump in my throat of wanting to mourn over the best friend I could ever have. The very best friend whose death I've known nothing of for years just because I lost the very connection I had in this place. I touched his name, tracing every line on it. "I guess now it's my turn to visit you too. And I'll be sure to bring you sweets like you used to do with me."

I chuckled, remembering how he would surprise me with my favorite sweets and desserts whenever he's visiting me. Just like how we used to be when we were kids.

I haven't even tried surprising him with one yet.

Stupid Shin. Why'd you have to leave so early?

"I miss you, bud."

As we left the cemetery, I can't help but continue to think of Shinichiro's death case. It's impossible that my father didn't receive the news. He most probably chose to hide it from me, expecting me to never return to this homeland of mine. I was pleased when I heard that I'll be living with him. But it wasn't the best place that I imagined it to be. I really thought that I'll be fine once I'm with my father after the loss of mother. But I only felt isolated when I'm there especially when they cut my communication with my friends telling me it's for my and their protection.

As we were walking, I can't help but notice a presence tailing us.

I stopped on my tracks as I called their attention. Now that I'm sure this anonymous person is following us, I can't risk leading them the way to Wakasa's home which is exactly where we're headed. It is too dangerous when I'm in this situation now.

"Can you guys uhh go ahead without me?" They all stopped and turn to me with weird looks on their faces.

"Huh?"

"I think I forgot something. It'll be quick, I swear." I laughed while scratching the back of my head. They looked at each other then back at me.

"We can just go with you, you know or at least have Wakasa with yo—"

"No!" Shit. I reacted too quick. They were even willing to offer Waka again to persuade me which I don't usually decline. But I just did now out of impulse. When they tilt their head at me, I quickly racked my brain for excuses. "I mean—no, I'm in a hurry! I need to go or that store might close any minute now so go ahead without me!"

3RD PERSON'S POV

The four watched the girl's retreating figure as she ran to a different direction without giving them a glance and a chance to answer. They can't help but worry when they're aware the girl just returned from a tiring flight and they weren't even sure if she still remembers the place well after being away for years.

"Will she be alright alone?" Senju asked as she and Takeomi threw knowing glances at each other before looking at Benkei who nodded his head in agreement. Then the three of them turned towards Wakasa who boringly stared ag a distance.

When he noticed their gazes, he felt a chill ran down his spine, knowing what they're planning.

"What?" They all smiled at him and he groaned in protest, realizing they wanted him to go after the girl. It was always him. It has always been him. "You're really doing this on purpose."

"Maybe." Takeomi shrugged and giggled among the others.

Meanwhile on the girl's side.

"Show yourself." She spat out, awaiting for the appearance of the anonymous being coming out of the tree's shadow. She immediately recognized the man, seeing as he is still in his guard uniform.

"Gab, didn't I tell you not to follow me?" She groaned as she spoke fluently in english to her supposedly butler back in America.

"I need to make sure of your safety, Miss." The middle aged man replied with a knowing accent to the girl.

"Did Father send you?" She gritted her teeth. It was at that moment that Wakasa caught familiarity to her voice in a distance that he immediately hid behind a tree, trying to eavesdrop on their conversation. When the man in suit did not answer, the H/C haired girl groaned in frustration. "Look! I'm fine. I landed safely and no one was following me but you. So maybe you can leave me alone now? I also need privacy. At least give that to me now that I'm back in Japan." She exclaimed in an almost desperate tone.

Though it was in a different language, Wakasa somehow managed to understand what she was trying to say and immediately got the gist of their conversation.

"Gab..." She pleaded and soon enough what she did caused both the butler's and Wakasa's eyes to almost pop out as they watch her kneel on the ground and bowed her head down to the ground.

"Miss?! What are you doing?! Please get up!" Gabriel protested quickly and tried to pull his lady up who kept herself on the ground.

"Please don't tell father of this. You can just tell him you've lost sight of me. Just please don't tell him where I'm staying." At her words, Wakasa's eyebrows furrowed. He can't seem to tell if he understood her statement right. If she was really hiding from her father to which he hardly believed as the girl convinced them earlier that she was here for vacation.

"You know they're gonna find you soon, Miss." Gabriel added.

"I know..." She clenched her fists tight. "But I want to be free just this once before I'm bound to be tied forever with the man I despise."

Wakasa's eyes grew wide at her words. He wasn't sure anymore if he's actually hearing things right.

Tied forever? Wasn't that supposed to mean marriage? And who might this man that she despised be?

Gabriel remained silent for a moment before raising the girl's chin for her to meet his gaze.

"If you promise me you'll keep safe, then I'll leave you alone." He smiled softly at the girl whose eyes are now starting to water.

Finally. Is what she thought, silently thanking that her butler is still loyal to her even after going against her father's decision.

"I promise." She nodded her head and Gabriel smiled at her before pulling her up from the ground. As they stood up, she caught glimpse of the golden medal placed on his left chest that symbolised his loyalty and hard work under their family. Realizing the possibke consequences, she looked down dejectedly. "I'm sorry... you'll be punished for my selfishness." Knowing her father and how everything works in his world, Gabriel might get punished whatever report he'll be submitting regarding her disappearance.

Gabriel only smiled softly at the girl before patting her head.

"You were never selfish ever since you came to the boss' life. You've been through a lot. You deserve your happiness, too." He pulled back with a smile on his face. "I hope your father will open his eyes to your needs soon. And that he'll change his decision before it's too late."

Wakasa heard the exchange between the two. He can't help but question Y/N's sudden return. The girl didn't really elaborate to them everything nor did she talk about her family ever since she came back earlier. Hearing this conversation, he somehow wanted to know more about the girl or whatever situation he's engaging himself into.

"Thank you." The girl returned the smile. Before Wakasa could even turn to look back at the two, Gabriel was no longer in sight and all he could see was now the girl standing while looking up at the sky.

One thing that caught his attention was the glimmer on her face. It's because it was caused by the tears rushing down her cheeks.

For a moment, he was just staring at the girl crying silently with no one around but him hiding in the shadows. He felt a sharp pain in his heart, realizing the girl he considered annoying still cries alone when no light was shone upon her to be exposed around her own friends.

But for what reason was she exactly crying?

That was out of his knowledge anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 11.5K 43
❝Don't you think your name is boring?❞ ❝Ha? What do you mean? My name's perfect as it is-❞ ❝Will you marry me?❞ ✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧ A young la...
49.3K 1K 21
In the last fight with the league of villains, Izumi risked her life to save her friends. And in doing so she died but was saved by a new quirk she r...
182K 6.4K 63
[COMPLETE ☑] 💚 Tomura x Fem!Izuku _________________________ When she was a kid,Midoriya once met an older boy at an abandoned building when she was...
69.7K 3.2K 53
[SHINICHIRO X READER] After almost five years of not being able to cross paths with each other, two people are reunited in a blind date set by a fri...