Work For Me [SAMPLE] NOW AVA...

By Ilovesweets

"Fuck you!" I hissed as he held me back from punching him. For a split second his grip loosened, giving me t... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Appreciation Note: The Sequel
Plot Twist!
Just For You!
I never expected this!
Free goodies for #workies!
I want you in my book!
Get this book for free (limited time only)!
Party!
Last day to get the free book!
In 3, 2, 1
Tomorrow
Ready, set, launch!
We're live!

Chapter 15.

643K 14.8K 6.7K
By Ilovesweets

Heat crawled up my neck as a blush scorched cheeks from embarrassment. I jumped away from Noah guiltily. Neither of us had spoken yet. I didn't know what to say and the silence was making it worse. Only the sound of the rain slicing through the air was audible as it pattered on our surroundings.

"Oh!"

All three of our heads snapped to the source - my mum was stood in the hallway beaming.

"Mr Caldwell, Noah! Why are you both stood in the rain?" she exclaimed, then frowned at me crossly - I wasn't going to hear the end of this when they were gone.

Zach stepped forward as he ran a hand through his wet hair to move it out of his face. His previous anger vanished into thin air and a polite smile stretched across his features. This expression unnerved me. He was too calm.

The calm before the storm.

I looked to Noah, who had also regained his casual persona but still seemed wary.

"Just Zach is fine, Mrs Whitlock." he chuckled deeply and I couldn't help but melt.

"Right...Zach." my mother affirmed with a nervous laugh.

"We just decided to come and ask how Louise was getting on." he informed her, gesturing to Noah and I.

Usually I cringe at the use of my full name but it just seemed to roll off his tongue naturally. I savoured it.

Smooth.

My mum seemed to buy it and her smile only grew in size.

"That's very thoughtful of you." she smiled.

Very thoughtful indeed.

"Well, you're welcome to come in but we've ran out of teabags and I can't survive without a hot cuppa in the morning so I'm going to pop down the shop for a bit." she rambled hurriedly and it was then that I noticed she had her coat on and an umbrella at her side.

"Louise, there are some towels in the bathroom to help them dry off. Come on in. I won't be long." she beckoned Zach and Noah to step inside which they did so almost immediately before she popped open her umbrella then strode out of the house.

The rain was muted as I closed the front door after her. I slowly turned to face them as they stood staring at me in the hallway. I hated the way my body burned up when Zach scanned me with his dark eyes. I had never felt so self conscious in my life. Noah had a blank look on his face.

"I'm going to get the towels." I blustered.

"We'll wait in there." Noah told me softly.

Zach was dangerously silent as he lead the way into the living room and I quickly darted into the bathroom then locked myself in.

I was so dead.

He was really angry this time. I frowned. He didn't even have the right to be - I caught him red handed too. My chest tightened when I remembered his arms around Scarlett. She was so beautiful, not to mention she also seemed like she had a nice personality too. I had no chance. I didn't want a chance with him. Nothing was going on with Zach and I! He was just the idiot who ran me over and yet-

Towels.

Before I could over think any more, I snatched the towels off the rail and exited the room. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I took a deep breath and then walked into the living room. Zach was stood near the window staring outside, his hands in his pockets. I glanced at Noah who was sat on the edge of the couch and he gave me a reassuring look.

Giving him a towel, he smiled gratefully. "Thanks."

This notified Zach of my presence. He turned his head to look at me for a moment before switching his attention back to the window. I bit my lip awkwardly before I slowly made my way over to him. As I got closer I had to clutch the towel tightly to stop myself from bolting - his intimidating tall frame and broad shoulders was enough to make my pulse thud rapidly in my ears.

"Here." I spoke timidly, my voice almost a whisper as I held out the towel for him.

He turned around.

Surprisingly, he still held his cool and composed appearance. But his eyes were a different story - they were smouldering with an emotion I had only seen once before.

The same emotion I had seen in his eyes at the hospital.

As soon as I handed him the towel I backed off quickly. His eyes were scanning me again, like he could see right through into my thoughts. A shiver rolled through me and I was almost hypnotised by him as he began to dry his hair. I had never seen his hair so messy as the damp strands fell across his brow like tiny black blades.

"Well?" he prompted harshly. "I don't have all night."

The room suddenly became hot and stuffy from the tension. I wanted to shrink into a ball and just hide away from his dark compelling gaze. Noah rose to his feet. He strode over slowly until he was by my side. He glanced down at me with his soothing grey eyes before they flickered to Zach.

"We're together." he stated. I nearly had a heart attack.

Since when?

I watched as those enticing brown eyes darkened to an almost black shade, matching his soaked hair. They zeroed in on me accusingly as he stepped forward. I couldn't hold eye contact any longer and my gaze dropped to the floor.

"You are aware that she is only sixteen, and you're twenty five?" his deep voice resonated throughout the entire room.

Twenty five!

Noah was older than Zach? When I thought about it, he is much more caring and mature. But he just looked so young!

"And?" Noah responded bluntly, his unwavering stare held strongly by his steel eyes.

"It's wrong." Zach responded gravely, his face void of emotion.

An anchor dug into my heart and dragged it down, the dead weight pressing on my chest painfully. Something in the back of my mind told me that he was not talking about Noah.

"What's wrong, Zach?" Noah suddenly queried. "The fact that I want her, or you do?"

The air in my lungs hitched.

What?

My gaze flew up to meet the rich ebony eyes that were now blazing with fury. He swallowed hard and his hands clamped into fists. The atmosphere was so thick. I couldn't breathe. There was a second of nothing. Then it happened.

His knuckles slammed into the bridge of his nose and Noah stumbled back, holding his face.

"Oh God!" I cried, rushing over to him. "Are you okay?"

He had his hands cupped over his face, so I couldn't see if there was any damage. Noah coughed then removed them and my eyes widened when I saw him. Blood was smudged under his nose and his upper lip was already beginning to swell but he just grinned.

"Looks like I hit a nerve." he laughed, his ash coloured eyes taunting.

Zach suddenly lunged for him again, but I ran desperately in between them.

"Back off!" I snapped.

"Move!" Zach roared furiously, making me jump with fright.

I was truly scared of him at that point. But I refused to move. He sighed with irritation, combing his fingers through his hair. Everything fell into silence again for a moment.

"I think I should go now." Noah announced quietly.

"Good." Zach retorted coldly.

"You don't have to-" I began but he just cut me off.

"I've made up my mind, Lou." Noah insisted firmly, but his tone was gentle. He smiled a little, but his eyes were hurt as he walked to the door. "I'm going, see you later."

"Don't!" I let out a shriek and began to chase after him when a pair of arms locked around my waist. I could feel the heat radiating from his body.

I heard the front door slam to a close.

"Do you want him?" he interrogated me, rage rumbling through his tone.

Turning in his arms, I glowered at my captor. Zach dwarfed my small frame as he towered over me and his piercing eyes were demanding as they regarded mine intensely. Damp strands of his copper hair covered his brow and the tempting scent of his strong aftershave consumed me as he held me against his chest. His soaked shirt was already beginning to dampen my own and I could feel the warmth of his muscular torso seep into mine. His umber eyes searched my features for a moment until they finally rested on my lips.

The question nearly evaporated from my mind but he made me look deep into his eyes.

"Answer me." he ordered heatedly, his hot breath on my lips.

But I couldn't.

I couldn't even speak, never mind actually answer the question.

"Have it your way." he muttered gruffly before his lips melded with mine.

Trapped in his embrace, I tried to escape but he was too strong - deep down, I knew I didn't really want to anyway. My skin was on fire as he glided his hands across my lower back, luring me in closer and after I had gotten over the shock I began to kiss back. Kissing me hungrily, his lips were firm but soft as his tongue skilfully made its way into my mouth. Adrenaline pumped through my body and my heart thundered inside my chest as his kisses got faster and faster until I was practically fighting to keep up.

All of a sudden he lifted me up like I weighed as much as a bag of air, then sat down on the couch and made me straddle his waist. He quickly pulled me towards him before he began to kiss me eagerly once again. I found myself realising he tasted like a mixture of citrus and mint - I hadn't noticed it before, but now that I had it was even more addictive.

My hands reached up to feel the hard planes of his bare chest and my fingers danced along his taught skin as I touched along the shape of his hard abs. His irresistible lips were fixed on mine and I shivered as he began to trace circles with his thumbs on my skin, making tingles shoot along my nerves as his hands slid up my shirt. I pushed my fingers through his damp silky hair, relishing in the feeling when suddenly I came crashing down.

Out of the blue, the bitter memory of Zach and Scarlett together abruptly tainted my thoughts and I was dragged out of my lust.

I broke the kiss.

He frowned, his obsidian eyes analysing me.

"What?" he murmured as he began to kiss my jawline.

Choosing not to answer, I quickly kneed him in the groin and got up.

"Fuck, what the-" he cursed.

"Get out." I commanded.

I must have been delusional to think that he cared about me.

What a joke.

He rose to his feet and stepped towards me, but I just backed away and pointed to the door.

"I said get out!" I yelled.

Scanning me for a moment, he strode towards me before I could move and held my chin in his hand to force me to look at him. His eyes scorched mine with such an intensity that it was completely unknown to me. Quickly kissing me, his lips lingered on mine for a few seconds before he pulled away and I hated the way my pulse sped up.

"I wouldn't talk to me that way if I were you. I am your boss, after all." he warned darkly.

"Get. Out." I hissed.

"Gladly." he whispered before swiftly stealing another kiss.

Seething, my hand shot through the air on its own to slap him, but he clamped his hand down on my arm, bringing me to a halt.

My bad arm.

Pain shot up through my wrist making me yelp and desperately tear it away from him, cradling it instinctively. Zach stared at me, his eyes darkening and his expression was dangerously serious. Avoiding eye contact, I cleared my throat awkwardly.

Please don't mention it. Please don't mention it. Please don't mention it-

"Lou. What happened to your arm?"

______________________________________________________________________

Hello! 

I know it took me a while to update, but I had really bad writers block and a few essays to do, but hopefully you'll like it even though I wasn't exactly happy with the end result.

A bit of a heated scene in there, as some of you requested. I'm still not happy with it, but oh well.

If you liked it, please comment. Tell me what you liked and what I should include/improve on. It'll be a big help. If you're feeling extra nice, why not vote? :)

Sweets xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 1K 52
"To bastards!" I said, gesturing to Vincent and Mason. "And to the girls that endure all the pain." I clicked Tina's glass while she watched me take...
53.8K 1.5K 32
"You can't imagine the things I'd do if I put my hands on you" He murmured huskily and I felt his hot breath feathering by my ear making my knees tr...
5.7K 259 28
"So... what about us?" he asked, and I looked at him, a bit bewildered. "What?" I inquired. "You and me... what are we, Sera? You know how you affect...
2.5M 92.7K 30
"Dammit woman, talk to me," Zach pulls at his hair in frustration; his eyes never leave my face. There is a hint of sadness in his voice but other th...