𝑀𝒮. 𝒞𝒜𝑅𝐸 𝒯𝒜𝒦𝐸𝑅

By WereGonnaDieAnyWays

I needed money so I accepted the job. It was going great, the kid was loving me. Until I found out who the fa... More

Disclamier
Aesthetic
2 | Mystery
3 | Dinner
4 | Drunken
5 | Money
6 | Games
7 | Tension
8 | Awkward
9 | Dress
10 | Unprofessional
11 | Freya
12 | Incident
13 | Argument

1 | Job

2.3K 57 49
By WereGonnaDieAnyWays

Isabella's POV:

"What do you mean you can't fly out here for the break."

"Carlos, I told you. I can't afford it."

"What about money from your mom-."

"No, I'm done taking money from her. She's done so much to even get me into the program. I'm not gonna ask her for more." I heard a sigh through the phone and my boyfriend finally talks again.

"What if I give-."

"No Carlos, I'm not taking any money from you either." I said in a stern tone and he huffed in annoyance.

"You don't care about me, do you!"

"Carlos-."

"I've done only nice things for you, and now I want to see you again. You can't do the tiniest thing for me." Of course I feel bad, I haven't seen Carlos in almost 6 months.

He comes here, instead of having me travel to Toronto where my mother stays. Whom I haven't seen in almost 3 years.

"Carlos, I'm trying. I told you I applied as the nanny from some money-."

"How much do you make?"

"They didn't disclose too much information over the phone."

"Seriously, this is fucking ridiculous."

"Carlos I'm so-." But before I could apologize to him, he ends the phone call and I'm answered by silence.

I love Carlos, and we've been together for years. The only problem I have, is that he can often be mean. I know it's his anger issues, but sometimes I just can't handle it.

I flew out to New York to finalize my lawyer career. It hasn't exactly been a walk in the park, but it's a work in progress.

I got into  my program with a student loan and tuition. But the money spent to come here, get a place and what not was all done by my single mother. My father was gone a little while after finding out my mother was having a baby.

He wasn't there during her times of need, she hates him for that. He hasn't reached out or even contacted someone maybe just wanting to see his daughter once.

I walk off campus, walking straight to the bus station nearest to the school. I take my bus card out ready to pay. I put my card into the machine taking a seat on the bench I always do. A couple other students get on the bus and it starts to roll away to the next destination.

I watch my phone get a message and I almost immediately read it.

Unknown : I need you to come in today.

Me : But I have a class today..

Unknown : You said you would make time in your schedule. I need someone who is serious about this. It's my kid I'm talking about.

I sighed looking out the window.

It's just one class right..

Me : Ok, I'll be there at 7, just text me the address.

I thumbs up the message of the address and put my phone back in my pocket. I'm great with kids, and that's one of the main reasons I actually even took the job. But what if the kid is too hard to handle.

What if they're always loud, or they don't like new people.

Well I guess my answers will soon be answered.

I got out of the 20 minutes bus drive and start walking to my apartment.

~~~

I took the bus to the nearest bus stop to the address the man who's daughter or son I'm babysitting. He told me his name was Max, but I doubt it. No one names their kid Max.

I step out of the bus entering a dark alleyway. I heard voices from every corner of the streets and I hug my body around with my sleeveless arms. I listen to grunts coming from the other end of the alley yet my steps don't stop.

I keep walking until I see a man who's beating the living out of another man. The man was already down, and yet the hits the man threw didn't stop.

I felt like I should do something, but I wasn't trying to die. For a split second I swear the two of us made eye contact and I felt my world spinning. He had dark hair covered by his black hoodie. He had piercing green eyes and a ring on his right hand. He had a scar between his left eye and a tattooed neck.

I gasped hiding myself further against the wall, grasping my shirt with will power.

His hand let go of the body and his legs start to walk towards me. Wasting no time, I sprint out of the alley, completely ignoring the direction I was meant to be taking.

I kept running until the air coursing through my lung started to burn and I was forced to come to a stop.

I looked behind me and no one was following me anymore.

I sighed pulling my phone out and seeing the destination of me and the house. A whole 20 minutes.

I groan forcing myself to start walking again until finally I reached the house. Sorry I meant mansion!

The place was hung. It took as if there was thousands of car just parked up front. There were decent amount of windows.

The place was truly gorgeous and this was just the outside.

My index finger touched the main button located on the right side of the gate. I pressed it twice and took a large step back.

I was still out of breath.

I heard a beep and then a dark voice leaving the speaker and entering into my ears.

"Hello?"

"Oh um, I'm the babysitter."

"You were supposed to be here half an hour ago."

"I know." I said defeated.

"And why was that?"

"The bus stop is really far from your house." I confessed taking another large step away from the gate.

"Come in." I let out a breath of relief. He wasn't gonna fire me?

I heard a huge click and the screeching of the metal gate. The large and clean metal scratched against the concrete floor.

I walked forward, but so slowly I would surely get fired for the just taking too long to get to the front door.

I fisted my hand and knocked on the main door. There were two large doors and they were so elegantly made, it was hard to believe I'd be working here.

The doors again automatically opened letting me in.

I walked forward and was met with a soundless house.

I heard little subtle noises but they were completely normal. I walked a little more forward and saw a little boy sitting on the floor in what I assume is the living room.

"Hello?" I was confused since the man I was speaking to on the intercom up front wasn't the first person I saw.

"Rules are on the table." The little boy mumbled.

"What?" I was making sure my voice was soft and calm.

"My dad left some rules." By the size of it, the kid was no bigger than 7. But the way he spoke it made it seem as if he was at least 15.

I look to the side, and just as he said, a piece of paper was the table.

I walked towards it, lifting it into the palm of my hand and reading the rules given by the mysterious father.

Rules :

- Bed 9

- No junk food after 7

- Only TV after 8

- No going outside after 7

- No food should be given besides the one in the fridge with the labeled date

- No toys in bed

- Shower before bed

- No toys in the shower

- One book of his choice before bed

- No candy

- No eating on the couch

I was in absolute horror. I guess the rules are some what reasonable, but seriously. No toys in bed or in the shower.

The kid looked so young.

It was already almost 8 and like his father said, he had a bowl of grapes with a show on.

"Um, you want to tell me what your name is?"

"Julian." I hear him muttered returning his attention to the screen.

"Well, my name is Isabelle, but you can call me Belle." He nodded his head not bothering to even look at me.

"So is there anything you'd like to do?"

"No." His answer was simple and yet again, his attention remained on the screen.

"Want to tell me something about yourself?"

"No." He looked like he was in no mood to talk, and I guess I understand.

I walked closer to him and took a seat on the floor next to him.

"How old are you?"

"6." He put a green grape in his mouth.

"I'm 23." He just nodded his head.

"Where's your dad?"

"Work." I nodded leaning my back against the couch.

"My dad's gonna get mad at you about leaning on his couch." He said in a dull tone.

"Oh." I took my back off the couch and sat up straight.

"Can I have one?" I pointed at his bowl of grapes.

He didn't respond to me, just pushed his bowl of grapes out to me.

~~~

One Week Later.

"Hey J!"

"Hey Belle!' Julian ran into my open arms smiling. It took some times, but I was finally able to crack into the shell he'd hidden himself into.

I haven't seen Julian's dad once in the whole time I have babysat him. It's an everyday thing.

"It's only 5, want to raid your dad's pantry?" He thought about it for a minute until he finally agreed and ran ahead of me.

I was making sure we followed every rule, just had fun doing it.

Of course my mind went back to the man who would answer the intercom every time I would come near the house.

"Your dad at work again?" I said pulling a bag of chips out of the pantry and opening it up.

"Like always." It really did confuse me a lot. I would babysit Julian from 5-9, spending my time after school at his house.

I had to arrange a change it my schedule so all my classes would end at 3, I would get about 10 minutes before I got on the bus and get to their house with a extra 10 minutes walk.

I haven't been late once since the first day and I know Julian appreciates that.

"When was the last time you saw him?" I needed to get to know Julian so he can trust me and I can trust him.

"I saw him last night. He walked in my room a little while after you left. He actually read me another story." I smiled knowing Julian at least got to see his dad.

"Well, we've got a couple hours before you go to bed. Want to continue our show?" He grinned grabbing his Oreos and running to the couch but taking a seat on the carpet.

I took a seat next to him placing our bag of chips on the floor and put them between us.

I took the remote from the table putting our new favourite show. Power Ranger Samurai.

"Belle, we're on episode 12."

"Julian did you watch it without me!" I laughed putting on episode 11.

"Me and my dad may or may not have watched one episode." I couldn't help but smile. I never had a relationship with my father and watching him excitedly tell me he got to spend some time with his dad made me very happy.

"And when was this?"

"Yesterday I couldn't fall asleep even after he finished reading me the story. He told me to come downstairs and let me eat some cake he brought for us to eat today." He was so happy telling me about everything him and his dad did yesterday.

"He let me sit on the couch and eat, while I told him about our week together. Then he asked if I wanted to watch one episode and I said yes because I wanted to spend some extra time with him." I wasn't even gonna pretend to be mad. I was so glad him and his dad got to spend some time together.

"Fine. I'll let it slide because you got to spend time with your dad." I rolled my eyes playing episode 12, skipping episode 11.

~~~

I woke up feeling a tiny breath up against my neck.

I opened my eyes adjusted to the night sky. I was confused and surprised I was sleeping with a breath on my neck.

I shot up and heard a little snore. I looked up and saw Julian sleeping on my chest as we both laid on the couch.

As I looked around I noticed a black figure approaching the both of us. I gasped pushing Julian onto the couch and standing up straight.

I pushed myself in front of him pushing my fingernails into my wrist.

"W-who are you?" I cringe at the stutter leaving my mouth, trying to sound brave in front of this unknown man.

"Who are you?" My voice more urgent and protective. I pinch Julian's leg trying to wake him up so he could run away.

"Who-."

"You've already asked that question." It was a heavy and deep voice boring into my ears.

"Then answer my question." I felt more brave pinching Julian harder until he gasped from his sleep and sat up. I try to move him behind me so whoever this person was couldn't see or harm him. 

"Julian." The man said.

"Dad!" Julian said excitedly.

"D-dad?" Julian ran into the man's arms and he picked him up hugging him lightly.

"I'm... so sorry. I didn't realize you were his father."

"No need to apologize." He put the boy down and walked closer.

"Christian." He put his hand forward.

"I thought it was Max."

"No you didn't." I gulp down a heavy breath shaking his hand.

"Isabelle."

"I know." I couldn't see the man put a felt a cold ring on his right hand.

"I didn't mean to fall asleep on the couch. I apologize. I'm gonna head out now. It was nice to meet you Mr.?"

"Knight. But call me Christian."

"I'm gonna go Mr. Knight." He nodded as I grabbed my bag and said bye to Julian.

"How? How are you getting home?" Christian said.

"I'm gonna take the bus. What time-." I checked my phone and saw the time. It was 11:47.

All the busses stop running after 12, I'll never make it to the bus station. And even if I do, they'll even let me on.

"I guess I'm walking." Great. An hours walk. I wave by to Julian and Christian making my way out of the house.

~~~

Christian's POV:

I get inside my house hoping to spend some time with my son. I actually had a good time with him last last night. I know he enjoyed it too. I hate that we never get to spend time together, but it's just the way it is. 

I hoped he would be awake but the sight was unexpected. I don't let many people sit on my couch let alone sleep on it.

The babysitter was asleep with my son sprawled right on top of her.

She had a dark green hoodie on with paper thin leggings. She wore plain black socks and had a anklet.

I walked closer to the two of them and I heard her gasp. I had barely made a sound as she was asleep.

Within seconds she got off the couch pushing Julian away from me.

She thought I was a intruder.

"W-who are you?" She said, trying her best to sound confident. But I couldn't find it in me to speak back to his babysitter.

I kept walking forward until she spoke again.

"Who are you?" This time a lot more stern then the first.

"Who-?"

"You've already asked that question." I joked stepping closer as she visibly pinches my son's leg trying to awaken him.

"Then answer my question." Her voice strong and confident as she pinched my son awake and he gasped from his sleep.

He got up and she tried to push him away.

She was protecting him.

"Julian." Was all I said before he was moving away from Isabelle and towards me. 

"Dad!" Julian ran away from Isabelle running into my arms and I lifted him into the air.

"D-dad?" She questioned.

"I'm... so sorry. I didn't realize you were his father." She said taken aback, as if she didn't expect to see me here.

I guess it wasn't completely unexpected as I'd hoped to keep my identity a secret from this woman.

"No need to apologize." I put Julian down as he laid back down on the couch still clearly tired.

"Christian." I put my hand forward. The house was dark and I could barely see her face, and I knew she couldn't see mine.

"I thought it was Max." She said, but I knew she was smarter than that.

"No you didn't." I shook my head.

"Isabelle."

"I know." I've read everything to know about about this woman. There was no way I'd let someone unknown take care of my child.

"I didn't mean to fall asleep on the couch. I apologize. I'm gonna head out now. It was nice to meet you Mr.?" I watched her piercing her skin with her nails on her wrist just like she had done when I first walked in.

"Knight. But call me Christian."

"I'm gonna go Mr. Knight." I nodded my head watching her grab her things and heading to the door.

"How? How are you getting home?" I felt the need to ask. I remember her being late the first day since her bus stop was a whole 20 minutes away.

"I'm gonna take the bus. What time-." She looked down at her phone and frowned.

"I guess I'm walking." She laughed saying bye and leaving the house after stepping into her shoes.

~~~

First chapter of Ms. CareTaker what are your guys thoughts.

Please vote, comment and give me suggestions on anything you guys would like I'm always open for new ideas.

Sincerely, A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 176 20
Some small stories...Enjoy!
47.3K 1.1K 44
Book 2 Siempre. Always. That's how I thought it would be. That's how I thought we would be. But we weren't, because she was gone even before our sto...
315K 8.8K 50
Ryan was holding my arm and with other arm he was ready to pull my sleeves up again. I immediately held his hand. "Please please do..don't" I tried...
259K 5.6K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...