Star-Crossed

Bởi bionicbabe

Karina is a slave on Dard, a planet that specializes in grueling physical labor. Though she was originally bo... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48

Part 49

5.4K 552 196
Bởi bionicbabe

When I wake up - it's daytime.

I slept for almost twenty-four hours straight! I feel like a new person.

I glance over at the clock - it's 9:00. I have time to get a quick workout in before needing to go meet Xeno and Moxie.

For a moment, I lie in bed and let the reality of the past two days sink in. Sometimes, I still have these moments where it's hard to believe that I'm not on Dard anymore. That I actually made it onto the Squad. That I deserve to be exactly where I'm at.

I take a deep breath - in and out.

I wish my mom were here to see all of this. She'd be so proud of both Iggy and me. I just know it.

Then, my mind wanders to Kromo. What happened to make him turn so evil? And what did he mean when he said, right before he died, that it's impossible to ever really get rid of him? I saw him die with my own two eyes. I was responsible for it.

I get the chills.

One event really can change the entire course of a person's life. What would have happened if my mom hadn't replaced Kromo's genes with Rishi's? Or if Xeno hadn't confessed his love for her? Or if Iggy hadn't run away to the orphanage? Or if Niko hadn't decided to trust Xeno for Recruitment Day?

I roll out of bed and slip into my jumpsuit. I stick the earpiece in - I feel like saying hi to Anika this morning.

"Hi, Anika!" I say.

"Well, good mornin', dear," she says. "You seem very well-rested."

"Yeah," I say. "I feel like it."

"That's great," she says.

"Anika," I say. "I just wanted to thank you for everything."

"Oh dear, stop," she responds. "It's my pleasure."

I smile and then take the earpiece out and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

When I get to the lobby, Eva and a small gaggle of girls are there, waiting.

"Hey Eva," I say. "What's going on?"

"We're waiting for you," she says, smiling. "Will you lead us in one of your workouts today? We all want to get strong, like you."

For a moment, I can't believe what I'm seeing and hearing. The same gaggle of girls who haven't let me have a moment of peace pretty much since I arrived on Shinar are now asking me to lead them?

Just when you think things can't get any weirder...

"Sure," I say. "Follow me."

I start jogging out of the building, and the group of girls, including Eva, follow behind.

On the way to the park, Zayn spots us and starts jogging alongside me.

"Oh, you think you can handle one of my workouts?" I tease.

"Bring it on, K-NIGMA," he mocks.

We both run as fast as we can, racing each other to the park. I beat Zayn by a hair. We both fall flat on our backs, panting, waiting for the others to arrive and start the real routine.

Zayn leans over and gives me a pop kiss.

I smile, thinking that sometimes, we do get what we want, even if it doesn't look or feel exactly like how we first imagined it would be.

That's life. And that's why it's so important to not get attached to anything. Everything is always changing. And that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing.

The other girls arrive, ready for me to lead them. I take a deep breath - in and out.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

209 16 5
To help with farm work, Kenji purchases a Fyth, an enormous slave from Serus Prime.
405 24 30
Jamie came from another planet. everybody has powers. you go through school learning about your powers not stuff like math and science. this place is...
247K 6.8K 30
Chayla's life wasn't normal to begin with. She was a highly trained, highly paid assassin at a very young age. But her life takes a drastic turn when...
56.7K 1.7K 17
Karina Yu, the one who Winter loved dearly had suddenly changed ever since she took over her father's business. She was never the same, she was contr...