Just Trust Me // A Minho...

By A5_TheGlue_LoveNewt

Living in the Scorch has not been easy for (Y/n), but she manages to get by. With her father Jorge beginning... More

Part One: The Storm
Part Two: Meeting My Dad
Part Three: The Interagation
Part Four: The Escape
Part Five: The Supplies
Part Six: The Party
Part Seven: Intoxicated
Part Eight: The Rest Of Group B
Part Nine: The Right Arm
Part Ten: The Betrayer
Part Eleven: WICKED Is Good
Part Twelve: The Night Dies
Part Thirteen: Im Going To Kill Ava Paige
Part Fourteen: The Train
Part Fifteen: The Empty Seat
Part Sixteen: Gone In The Night
Part Seventeen: The New Mission
Part Eighteen: The Boy With The Red Gas Mask
Part Nineteen: Truth And Lies
Part Twenty: Truth Unfolds
Part Twenty-One: Step One-Teresa
Part Twenty-Two: Step Two-Break In
Part Twenty-Four: Step Four-Find Minho And Get The Hell Out
Part Twenty-Five: Step Five-Survive The Night
Part Twenty-Six: Voices In My Head
Part Twenty-Seven: Gun To My Head
Part Twenty-Eight: Bullet And A Gun
Part Twent-Nine: Live Or Die
Part Thirty: The Betrayer Is My Friend
Part Thirty-One: Crashing Waves Of Freedom
Part Thirty Two- Home

Part Twenty-Three: Step Three-Get To The Med Wing

1K 30 6
By A5_TheGlue_LoveNewt

I pushed Teresa up the second staircase that lead to the ground level of the building. I looked back, waiting for Thomas and Newt to catch up to us. I wasn't walking very fast, knowing that they were too distracted to know that I even left in the first place. But I had to go or else they wouldn't have let me come.

Me and Teresa passed some soldiers but I just nodded to them as if we were buddies. Teresa didn't look over, just kept moving forward, trembling slightly. She turned her head to look at me but I didn't look at her.

"You should have stayed back." Teresa then said and I knew she had been waiting to say that. "We've done studies..."

"Oh, you've done studies?" I said sarcastically which got a flat glare from her. "And what are these studies."

"That the infected people who tend to work their brain more make the Flare infection spread faster." I let this I information run through my head, doing exactly what she warned me not to do, but then I shook it away.

"You think if I cared about what happened to me I'd be here?" I asked and that shut her up. "If we do this quickly, we shouldn't have to worry about this."

Before Teresa could say anything more, a guard came face to face with me. He looked me up and down, probably sizing me up, then looking over to Teresa.

"Soldier, what are you doing?" The man asked and I didn't stutter as the lies came spewing from my mouth.

"I'm escorting Ms Teresa here back to the medical wing." I informed him but the guard looked at me suspiciously.

"Under whose authority?"

"Hers." I said jerking my head in Teresa's direction. "And I'm sure that she can fire you faster then you can blink so I suggest you get out of our way." I said, feeling the irritation coming from my voice.

"You..."

"That was a friendly warning sir, but the next one won't be. Get out of our way so I can do my job and she can do hers, her job being way more important then yours I'm sure."

After a second, the man finally gave in, leaving me and Teresa to keep going on our way. I nodded as we continued forward, but I almost froze when I saw two other guards approaching us, but I recognized the red and navy blue uniforms instantly.

Newt and Thomas made their way beside me and Teresa, both boys giving me a glare behind their mesh masks. I shrugged, continuing forward to the elevator that we were trying to get to.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Thomas asked me but I shrugged again.

"Wasn't thinking, the voices in my head told me to do it." I joked and Newt turned his head slowly to me, making me realize it probably wasn't the best answer.

"Keep moving." Thomas told Teresa aggressively and the girl did as told. We were right in front of the elevator now, Thomas pressing the button and it turning a red. When the elevator didn't come within the five seconds of pressing it, he pressed it again and again and again. I leaned over to Newt.

"Do you want to be the one to break it to him that pressing the button rapidly won't make the elevator come faster or should I?" I asked and Newt tried to hide his laugh, but right as I said this, the elevator opened up and we walked in. Me, Thomas, and Newt took the back of the elevator while Teresa stayed in front of us. She was breathing heavily, obviously nervous, but I was breathing heavily cause I was struggling to walk in general.

I was about to take another cough to clear my throat of the liquid building up inside of it, but something stopped me. Just as the elevator doors were about to shut, a man shoved his arm between it to re open them. Janson then came walking through, his naturally smug face looking back at the three of us in the uniforms. He then turned, standing directly next to Teresa and I watched as her entire body became stiff.

Janson hit one of the numbered buttons on the screen, taking a deep breath as the elevator rumbled, taking us up. I looked over to Thomas and watched as the boy tightened his grip on his launcher. He looked over to me but I shook my head, Newt slowly putting his hand on Thomas's for a split second while Janson couldn't see us.

"Your working late." Janson said as he looked to the girl but Teresa didn't respond, just gave a fake smile and a slight laugh. "See, that's what I like about you Teresa. No matter how bleak things get, you just, well, you never give up."

This conversation was making me anxious as Teresa stiffened up even more. I would give anything to have taken the stairs instead of the elevator, we should have done that instead, but noooooooo! My dumb Flare infected brain thought that the quickest way was was the safer way.

"Times like this, you really need a friend that you can count on." Janson continued, glancing over to Teresa.

"I'll bare that in mind." Teresa said, her voice a little squeaky and I realized that she was not good at this.

"There is one thing you should know, one friend to another." Janson said and I was finding it difficult to stay standing, leaning on Newt for support. "Thomas is here." Janson said, looking back at Teresa. The girl turned as pale as ever when the man said that, and the three of us in the back all looked at each other. Did Janson know it was us under the uniforms? It was a possibility seen as we weren't sure that the cameras were ever shut off by Lawrence, but then, wouldn't they have caught us already?

Teresa turned her head so that she met eyes with Janson and I could see how uncomfortable she was. She tried to look as shocked as possible which wasn't so hard.

"Surveillance picked him up outside the walls." Janson informed her. "Ava didn't want you to know but there's a chance that he may try to contact you."

Too late for that.

"And if he does," Janson continued. "Well, I'd like to think that I'd be your first call."

"Are you going to kill him?" That was a good question for her to ask, playing it off perfectly. That's what Teresa would have asked if this was new news for her, so she wasn't doing too bad with the lying part, it was everything else.

"Would that be a problem?" Janson asked but before Teresa could say any more, the doors to the elevator opened up to our floor level.

"This is me." Teresa said, smiling at Janson and walking out the elevator. I followed in pursuit with Newt after me and Thomas after Newt.

We continued walking towards the door that lead to the med wing. I trudged on, ignoring the aching and burning pain all over my body. I was tired, but I fought through it, knowing that Minho was on the other side of that door, or at least he should be. If he wasn't then I was gonna start getting really pissed off.

"Thomas, you have to listen to me." Teresa told him. "Getting that serum won't save (Y/n), it might buy her some time but..." She told him but I scoffed.

"You don't think we already know that?" I asked, pushing her on. "Just keep your head up and move."

"Thomas, listen!" She said, ignoring me. "You know what's going on out there. People are dying, the world is dying. There's something in your blood that I don't understand." Teresa explained as we got to the giant glass doors.

"Open it." Thomas told her harshly and she rolled her eyes, doing as he asked but not giving up.

"Let me run some tests!" Teresa insisted and if it weren't for Newt pushing me along, I would have turned and bi*ch slapped the girl. I didn't like how my violent tendencies were beginning to become more frequent. "I promise I can protect you."

That's when I had it, but Thomas beat me too it, ripping of his mask and getting up in her face. This took both me and Newt off guard, being one of the many stupid decisions Thomas has made.

"Yeah? Like you protected Minho?" Thomas asked and Newt came up, putting a hand on his chest to back the brunette up.

"Thomas, what are you doing?!" Newt asked aggressively but Thomas pushed him away and into me.

"How many people is it gonna take? Huh?"

"Thomas, we gotta go!" I told him but the boy ignored me, continuing to whisper harshly at Teresa whom of which didn't seem fazed.

"How many people do they have to round up, torture, kill? When the hell does it stop?"

"It stops when we find a cure."

Wrong answer.

"There is no goddamn cure!" Thomas shouted in her face but the girl stood her ground. The two just stared at each other, the tension eating away at me and Newt who watched like nosy fifth graders in the corner.

"Don't waste your breath Teresa." A deep voice echoed through the building and we all looked over to see Janson standing on the other side of the platform with a gun in hand. I guess he figured it out. "He made his choice long ago."

"Drop it kid!" Another voice echoed and we looked to the left and watched as a group of soldiers came to cut us off from the only other exit. I took my knives out of their sleeves automatically, but put them away to take the launcher instead, knowing it would be of more use.

As the guards closed in and Janson just stood there, looking back at us, the adrenaline pulsed through my veins. I could hear my heart beat echo in my ears and I felt the drops of sweat fall down my face.

Suddenly, Thomas took Teresa and put her in a head lock, pressing the gun to the side of her temple in pure panic. Janson just scoffed while Teresa was genuinely shocked.

"Back up." Thomas ordered and all the soldiers stopped for a second to see what Janson would say. "Tell them to back off." Thomas barked.

"Hey, Thomas, c'mon." Janson said calmly; not threatened whatsoever. "It's me, I've know you longer then you can remember." Janson told him.

"That excuse lost its value when you stole their memories asshole." I shouted to him but Janson ignored me.

"Your not going to shoot her." Janson told him but Thomas seemed pretty sure of what he was doing.

"You don't think so?" Thomas asked, pressing the gun harder against the girl's head.

"Okay, go on then." Janson said, raising his weapon in the air to call Thomas's bluff. "Shoot her. Prove me wrong." The man knew all to well that Thomas wasn't going to shoot her. "Shoot. Her." He said slowly and when Thomas didn't do it, Teresa moved quickly.

Taking Thomas off guard, she elbowed the boy and threw him into Newt who fell into me. Before the three of us could register what just happened, Teresa slammed her hand against the little red contraption next to the door. It was a fire alarm. Sirens wailed as the glass door shut in front of us, locking me, Newt, and Thomas inside the med wing. It may have been where we wanted to be, but we also didn't have an exit anymore.

"Clear!" Janson's muffled voice shouted from behind the glass as he let his bullets rain down on the bullet proof glass. Teresa ducked down as the bullets narrowly missed hitting her head, proving that Janson couldn't care less about her, but we already knew that.

The man ran up, slamming his fists against the glass door while we just looked back to him. He was mad, really mad. I glanced over at Teresa, she was staring at Thomas. Then, the brunette walked away and Newt ripped off his helmet so I did the same. The moment it came off, I looked at my reflection through the glass. My skin was paler then it was before, almost like a sheet of paper. My eyes were red, the bags underneath them were getting darker and I could just barely see the veins peaking over the fabric hiding my neck. My hair was sweaty and I wiped the sweat off my brow before I walked away.

Thomas and Newt were ahead of me, turning to face me as I jogged towards them awkwardly. My legs were numbing and I thought I was going to pass out for a second, the boys seeing this on my face. Thomas came over, holding my arm to steady me while Newt watched our backs.

"You okay?" He asked and I nodded, looking away as I coughed heavily into my arm once again. When I pulled away, strings of this black liquid came from my mouth, leaving a bitter taste on my tongue. I wiped it away, hoping Thomas didn't notice it.

"I'm sorry." I told him, feeling as if Gally was right, maybe I should have stayed back. Maybe I was right, maybe I was going to ruin everything. Thomas, however, shook his head, looking at me deeply and pushing away the strands of hair stuck to my sweaty face.

"Hey, we need you, okay? Don't be sorry, just stay with us a little longer, okay? We're almost through this." Thomas told me but I didn't say anything to that. "Look at me and swear you'll hold on. Hold on for me, for Minho." At the mention of his name, I looked up and locked eyes with Thomas.

"I swear."

"Hey guys!" Newt called, taking Thomas by the arm. "They're coming right now, we have to go!" He said and we did just that, going through the hall that split up into three. I could hear the heavy footsteps of the coming army so I did it the old fashioned way which always worked.

"Eeny meeny miny moe, catch a tiger by its toe..." the boys all turned to me slowly.

"What the bloody hell are you going on about?!" Newt asked but I continued.

"Catch a tiger by its toe, eeny meeny miny you!" I shouted, running down the middle hall, the boys following shortly after me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 638 29
(Y/n), that's all you remember. Your name, (Y/n). -------------------------- It was as if you never left that damp dark box, only risen to a bigger...
207K 5.8K 58
Take away everything you've ever known, every face, every place, and every memory. Replace it with empty darkness. Then, add on the pressure of wakin...
106K 3K 19
* disclaimer : this is a The Maze Runner fanfiction. The Maze Runner belongs to James Dashner* "Welcome to Wonderland greenie" The sandy blonde says...
3.1K 104 27
𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕒𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 𝕒𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕖 𝕔𝕣𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕖𝕤. 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟�...