never not ✧ mark lee

By beigecozyboy

who knew meeting an idol at a fansign could completely change your life? ↬ nct idol au ↬ social media/text... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
bonus: apocalypse
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
intermission lol will delete l8r
66
67
68
69
70
100K ♡
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81

15

3.8K 130 30
By beigecozyboy

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

It had been almost around a week and a half since Dasom had last texted Mark. After thanking her for the good luck wishes, he seemed to have just disappeared. She figured he was just busy performing and then getting as much rest as he could between the shows.

Not to mention, they were travelling between cities at the time so he was probably really busy at all times. It made sense, because it was rare that even Ten messaged her or their group chat.

"Earth to Han Dasom!" a voice called, snapping her back to reality. Juhee was waving at her from across the room on her bed. The two girls were busy packing for their trip to Seattle the next day.

"What's up?" she asked, picking up another shirt to fold.

"You were so zoned out I just tried to get your attention," Juhee explained. "What were you thinking about?"

"Huh? Nothing really," she shrugged in reply.

"Now don't lie to me babe," Juhee prodded her, so Dasom decided to make something up that was about 90% false.

"I was thinking about SuperM," she said with a fake smile. "I was literally just daydreaming about seeing Taemin on stage."

"Oh man I don't blame you," Juhee gushed. "I'm so jealous since there's Baekhyun and Kai too. I once saw EXO in concert and I swear I made eye contact with Kyungsoo and it was literally the most..."

Dasom let Juhee continue to talk, happy to have a temporary distraction from thinking about Mark. She wasn't even sure why it bothered her than much. She definitely didn't like him for that to be the reason. 

Maybe it was their daily banter, she just missed teasing the guy and having him attempt to fire back at her. Their conversations were so random but so comforting at the same time, especially know that he had no other mutual connection with her.

It had only been just over two months since they became friends but she could definitely talk to him about almost anything. She just hoped he felt the same and didn't still have doubts over how much he could trust her.

Dasom was almost completely packed. She just needed to find a good outfit for the concert. Something comfortable but still cute. She'd love to go to the concert in a tank top and sweats but she knew how much k-pop fans dress up for concerts, so she needed to put a little more effort.

Eventually, she found the right clothes and luckily found an old pair of sneakers she had brought with her to LA since she didn't want to let any of her nice shoes get ruined at the concert since she was most definitely going to encounter the stomping feet of others present. 

"Ah shit!" she heard Juhee yell from the bathroom that she had gone into a few moments ago. "I started my period, Dasom do you have any pads or tampons? I'm all out."

"I just used my last tampon twenty minutes ago," Dasom called back. "Hang on for a bit, I'll run to CVS and get a couple boxes, I need them too."

"Okay," Juhee agreed. "Wait, can you give me my phone before you go?"

Dasom grabbed a light jacket to throw on over her tank top and Juhee's phone from her bed. She giggled at the sight of Juhee seated on the toilet helplessly when she opened the bathroom door, handing the phone to her.

"Take a shower to pass the time!" she suggested before walking out of their room. She then put her airpods in to play music before heading out. Once she was outside, she started jogging to get to CVS.

For some reason, the one closest to the university campus was closed, so she began making her way to the next one, that would take her about ten minutes more to reach. Juhee was going to have to wait a little longer. 

Dasom could have stopped at any pharmacy, but she decided that she was going to buy some skincare things from CVS, so she wasn't changing her mind now. She reached faster than she thought she would, and went inside, putting on her hood, as well as her mask since it was still a habit for her as a result of the pandemic that had died down recently.

Priorities came first, so she grabbed some tampons and then began walking around, scanning the shelf for skincare and anything else that caught her eye. 

As she walked, grabbing various items and dropping it in her basket, she found herself humming along to the next song that played. It was one of her favourite songs, Never Not by Lauv.

But her brightened mood was soon disrupted when she tripped over someone's foot, causing her to drop her phone as she stumbled.

"Ah! Sorry!" the person who tripped her said. 

"Don't worry, I should have watched where I was going," she replied, turning around to face him. He significantly taller than her, and she could see the apologetic look on his face even though a mask covered it.

The other boy picked up her phone, catching a glimpse of the screen. He quickly thrust it back into her hands and then pushed his friend to start walking quickly, whispering into his ear. 

"Weird," she muttered, readjusting her airpod that had slipped out of her left ear when she stumbled and turned around.

She figured they were probably embarrassed, but it was genuinely her own fault for not noticing. She had honestly been in her own world while browsing and listening to music. 

When her music started playing again, she was confused. What song is this? 

She turned on her phone to see the words Love Me Now and NCT 127 on the home screen.

Oh man, NCT has started infiltrating my Daily Mixes? Thanks a lot Mark Lee. 

But it ended up being a good song, so Dasom wasn't complaining.

The next day, Dasom woke up only to her very last alarm, signalling that she had an hour to get to her exam. She'd have to skip breakfast, but she figured she would just eat a heavy lunch, grabbing a banana to sustain herself for the time being. 

After hopefully acing the test, she went to the on-campus cafeteria hoping for something good to be available that day. To her satisfaction, she saw the other students carrying bowls of pasta and some holding burgers. Good enough.

She got herself a bowl of pasta loaded with veggies and found a place to sit, saving a seat for her friends. When she took out her phone to let them know, she instantly turned her attention to a notification from Mark.

After quickly texting her friends about where she was waiting, she opened the text from him.

* * *

subakluvrr

dasom
hey marker good luck for your first show tomorrow !

dasom
and for all the other ones

dasom
let me know how it goes, even if i don't reply immediately because it's finals week now

marky l
thanks desi!! i hope you do well on your exams too

marky l
i'll update you on the concerts as soon as i have time

dasom
HOW DID IT GO ??

marky l
yooo i'm so sorry i took a whole day to reply

marky l
the concerts have been great, I really missed performing on stage with an audience

marky l
i know i'm gonna be hella tired though once this tour is over

dasom
no worries bro i can't imagine how exhausting all the performing and travelling must be

dasom
if i was you i'd be sleeping every free second i have

marky l
that's exactly what i'm doing hahaha

marky l
we're just leaving LA after doing our show last night

marky l
so i got reminded to text you

marky l
are your exams going well

dasom
i sure hope they are lmao 

marky l
i'm sure they are

dasom
dang markus, i can't believe you didn't show up at space mountain

dasom
i was waiting for you :(

marky l
you liar, i was there 

marky l
i didn't go on any of the other rides because i was waiting for YOU

marky l
just rode space mountain about 100 times

dasom
haha you're so cute for playing along

dasom
did you actually do any sightseeing though ?

marky l
nahh, the others did but taeyong and i decided to rest since we already went around LA when we were there for 127's tour

marky l
btw everyone is loving talk about

dasom
GAH I KEEP FORGETTING YOU'RE PERFORMING IT

dasom
are you fr ???

marky l
yeah dude i am... i can even hear people singing along because they probably heard it at other shows 

dasom
oh wow i can't wait to hear it soon

dasom
shit i wasn't supposed to say that |

dasom
like when people upload fancams 

marky l
ooh yeah, i'm pretty sure there are some up rn so you can check it out

dasom
i'm definitely not ready to hear it yet, i'm shaking in my boots

dasom
nah, i just really want to hear it live for the first time |

marky l
hmm yeah your soon to be first credits on a song, i was super nervous too

marky l
yo i wanna talk to you longer but my eyes are literally closing

dasom
GO SLEEP DUDE

marky l
oh wait you wanna hear something kinda crazy that happened last night

dasom
i bet it wasn't you getting laid virgin marky

marky l
okay now i'm not telling

dasom
SORRY SORRY PLS GO ON STUD MARKY

marky l
...

marky l
okay whatever so

marky l
taeyong and i snuck out of the hotel to go for a walk and to buy some painkillers and crepe bandages (as a precaution, nothing happened before your ask) from some store idk it was the closest to our hotel

marky l
and some girl tripped over taeyong's foot and dropped her phone

dasom
wait--

marky l
and taeyong apologized to her while i picked up her phone, and I was that she was listening to never not by lauv, which is literally one of my most favourite songs 

dasom
no way this is real

marky l
haha ikr?? that's not all though

marky l
when i was about to give the phone back, the song changed to a fucking NCT 127 SONG DUDE

dasom
bruh bruh bruhhhhhhhhhh 😭😭😭😭😭🤠🤠🤠😭😭🤠🤠

marky l
yeah that's how i felt hahaha

marky l
so i just shoved the phone back in her hands, grabbed taeyong and walked away as fast as possible

dasom
you're shitting me rn that did not happen tell me you're lying

marky l
i wish i was dude, can you imagine if she recognized us? if she was chill then it's cool whatever but just imagine if she was a crazy fan or something 

dasom
i definitely don't think she was

marky l
hahah what makes you say that

dasom
yo you weren't at cvs, were you ?

marky l
oh yeah that's the store i was at, good guess

dasom
BRUHHHH

marky l
why is that a bruh moment

dasom
MARKER THAT WAS ME

marky l
huh

dasom
THAT WAS ME, I TRIPPED OVER TAEYONG'S FOOT AND DROPPED MY PHONE 

marky l
hmm this can't be your best idea of a prank dude

dasom
MAN I'M TELLING YOU I WAS THE KLUTZY BITCH THAT WAS LISTENING TO NEVER NOT AT CVS

marky l
funny but i'm not falling for it cmon dude really

dasom
okay and what if i tell you the name of the nct song ? 

dasom
bc you never mentioned it anyway

marky l
okay but you better be fucking with me

dasom
it was called love me now

marky l
no way in hell you just guessed that right

dasom
MARKER I DON'T EVEN KNOW NCT SONGS they just creeped into my daily mixes randomly on spotify

marky l
wait what colour was the album cover

dasom
why tf does that matter

marky l
dude just answer it

dasom
um okay it was blue i think ? dark blue ?

marky l
damn you really aren't lying

dasom
THANK YOU but what did that prove

marky l
there are two love me now songs, the same thing but in different albums

dasom
ahhh

dasom
DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW THEN

marky l
YEAH MAN WHAT THE FUCK

marky l
SO WE MET?

dasom
APPARENTLY ?!!!

marky l
YOOO NO WAY THAT'S WILD

marky l
what kind of coincidence is that

dasom
maybe i was stalking you maybe i am a sasaeng 😈😈😈

marky l
yo yo yo please don't make those jokes rn

dasom
shit you're right lmao, i promise i wasn't stalking you

dasom
there was just a women's emergency so i was at cvs

marky l
huh?? a women's emergency?

dasom
bleeding you dummy

marky l
how is bleeding a women's emergency

dasom
try to think about where women bleed from that men don't

marky l
what

marky l
OH

marky l
wow okay i'm sufficiently embarrassed now, and i'm just gonna go to sleep

dasom
nothing to be embarrassed about

dasom
how can you even think of sleeping after learning that you crossed paths with a legend such as myself

marky l
you're right, but don't worry you'll probably show up in my dreams

dasom
aww marky you're gonna dream of me ? 🥺🥺

marky l
no i'm gonna have nightmares of you stalking me 🤡🤡

dasom
🤠🤠🤠

* * * 

NCTzens would kill to be me right now, Dasom thought as she turned off her phone to let Mark sleep and think about this new revelation. 

It's true when they say if you're a fan you have about 5% chance of meeting your favourite celebrity but it's significantly higher when you're not a fan.

But now that I know it was him, I really wish we got to have a proper encounter. I want to hear his voice in person. 

She felt a pang in her heart at the thought. Now more than ever, Dasom was determined to make Mark see her at the concert in Seattle. They would meet, for real this time, and she would make sure of it.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

yooo it's like fate or whatever with them hehe <3

anyway i'm super excited for you guys to read the concert chapters hehe

don't forget to vote, comment, and share luvs !!

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 682 27
✧ idol au ✧ - an accidental meeting on a dark night led to a love that was written in the stars. as they fell in love, they knew that they had found...
96.4K 4.3K 30
❝was the fame worth our friendship?❞ ꒰ when a childhood love story finally gets to blossom as donghyuck comes home from seoul. he knows his feelings...
36.1K 1.2K 24
Mark's relationship problems seem to fade away when he notices a person on the ground - by the road - and helping her would soon enough change his li...
71.6K 1.5K 42
✧ getting dragged by an idol into the men's restroom isn't the most ideal way to meet someone famous, yet that's how it happened. ...