Claws and Lightning (Male Zer...

By StormBreaker2k1

(Y/N) Zeraora. Born with traits and characteristics of a tiger and electrokinetic powers. His origins are unk... More

(Y/N) Zeraora
Prologue: The Cub's New Pack
[Season 1] CH 1:Lightning , Explosions and Spirit
CH 2:A New found Spark
CH 3:The Tiger's First Hunting Ground
CH 4: New Territory, New Rules
(Y/N) Zeraora (Updated)
CH 5: Battle Trials, Thunder Races
CH 6: Class Representative? Not Happening
CH 7: USJ Part 1: Handling Disasters
CH 8: USJ Part 2: Roar of the Thunder Beast
[Season 2] CH 9: Recovery, Secrets and War
CH 10: Sports Festival Part 1: Striking Words, Striking Tiger
CH 11: Sports Festival Part 2: Survival of the Fittest and the Fiercest
CH 12: Sports Festival Part 3: All Out Brawls, The Queen of Evolution
CH 13: Sports Festival Part 4: The Battle Intensifies, Conflicting Forces
CH 15: Beast vs Mutant, Electrokinesis vs Psychokinesis
Deoxys: The Otherworldly Nomu
CH 16: Room for Improvement and An Unsettling Future
CH 17: Either Work Together or Fall Apart
MHA: Two Heroes Part 1: An Invitation to I-Island, Nostalgic Visions

CH 14: Sports Festival Part 5: No More Games, No More Mercy

5.2K 94 124
By StormBreaker2k1

Previously on Claws and Lightning...

After the first round of the final event concluded, (Y/N) Zeraora came across a heavily distraught Ochaco Uraraka. After facing with Katsuki Bakugo's overwhelming power, her self esteem suffered an extreme decline. Her efforts in concealing it were futile, as Zeraora saw through it with no effort. His conscience couldn't allow him to leave her in this state. Zeraora tries his hand at alleviating Uraraka's doubts and leaves her to reflect on his words. Luckily for her it yielded beneficial results, and Uraraka's passion has rekindled.

The Quarter finals began with a grueling test of strength and conviction, between Izuku Midoriya and Shoto Todoroki. Despite being in a clear disadvantage, Midoriya mentally pushed Todoroki into unleashing his flames. The match concluded with Midoriya being left in serious condition, and Todoroki's internal conflict intensified. The Quarter finals carried on with an impressive reveal of a new ability, impressive skill pitted against impressive power, and unyielding rage breaks through sheer resilience.

With the conclusion of the Quarter finals, the Semi Finals came in quickly. Iida attempted to best Todoroki with sheer speed, but soon found himself out witted and restrained with little effort. Then came Zeraora versus Bakugo, one with sharpen skills and the other with incredible talent. Though Bakugo's power and ability were formidable, they were virtually useless against the young tiger. Unable to understand or even accept the wide gap separating the two, Bakugo roared his frustration and rage, prompting Zeraora to state the cold hard truth. Bakugo refusing grow past his childish delusions, his over inflated ego, and the fact that he expects things to go his way, then throws a tantrum when they do not.

Bakugo flew into a blinding rage, only for Zeraora to swiftly and mercilessly silence him. The young tiger was so disgusted, he stepped of the area with no words said. The Final Match is set, Zeraora versus Todoroki. 

How will the young tiger manage himself with the lingering disgust?

Can Todoroki find his true resolve?

Or will the predator's rage overwhelm him?

The Semi Finals came to a rather brutal conclusion. Bakugo's childish tantrum earned him an immediate escort to the infirmary. Though the crowd cheered with vigor, Zeraora left the area disgusted and annoyed. He made his way to the closest washroom, giving himself a quick rinse.

*SIGH*

The young tiger looks to his reflection, small sparks continue to flicker and his hardened expression remain.

*SNARLS*

He snarls to himself before he finished cleaning up and steps out of the washroom.

In usual Zeraora fashion his thoughts were is own, Bakugo's behavior still plagued his mind and Todoroki's prior attitude only worsened his annoyance.

His thought process was soon interrupted. Zeraora's senses picked up a strong and rather imposing presence.

"Aahh, there you are". A strong masculine voice caught Zeraora's ears.

The young tiger looked behind himself, a tall muscular figure with flames erupting from his body.

'Oh, It's you. You know I forgot you were here til you started yelling during the quarter-finals'. Zeraora calmly spoke.

"Is that right? Anyway, I've been looking for you". Endeavour states.

'Oh really'. Zeraora rose an eyebrow.

"Ever since your bold words from the student pledge, I've been closely watching your performance, from the Obstacle Course all the way to the finals. Clearly there's something about you that sets you apart from the other first years. Your power, your skills, and your instincts. You've show great ability, greater than even any other pros I've seen. I daresay, even greater than my Shoto". The Flame Hero breaks down his observation.

Zeraora maintained his neutral expression, although he wasn't expecting anyone to be closely watching his power and ability.

'Thanks for the compliments, I guess'. Zeraora proceeded  to walk away.

"Shoto's match with you will be an excellent evaluation of his current level, and should teach him an important lesson. Ensure that you bring your best". Endeavour mildly demands.

Zeraora stopped, Todoroki's words replayed in his mind, along with his match against Midoriya.

...

...

'Pathetic'. He said lightly.

"Excuse me"? Endeavour's expression changed.

Zeraora looks back to the Flame Hero.

'Your son, he's pathetic and a coward'.

'Heads up, I take no responsibility for whatever happens in the incoming match. That'll be purely Todoroki's problem'. He states as he walks away.

Endeavour looks on with a perplexed expression, but it soon changes to an intriguing thought.

"Zeraora"! The Flame Hero called the young tiger.

'Hmm'? Zeraora looks back.

"UA hero course students will be taking internships soon. If you seek improvement, I welcome you to join my agency". Endeavour offered.

Zeraora narrows his gaze to detect any ulterior motive behind the offer, but didn't notice any. Or rather, nothing too major that is.

'I'll think it over'. He says as he continues to walk away.

Endeavour looks on as the young tiger walks away.

"The similarities are uncanny. Could he possibly be..."? Endeavour ponders to himself.

(UA Sports Festival: Stadium) 

"YO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! HOPE YOUR AS EXCITED AS I'M CUZ' WE'RE ABOUT TO END THIS YEARS SPORT FESTIVAL WITH ONE OF THE BEST MATCH UPS WE'VE SEEN YET"!!! Present Mic roars with vigorous enthusiasm.

The excitement of the audience was so extreme it could bring the entire stadium down. Eagerly waiting for the match to begin, and eagerly waiting to witness the victor. 

"Man these people are really into this". Sero comments.

"Well of course they are, Zeraora and Todoroki are easily two of the toughest in our! I'm getting pumped too"! Kirishima states.

"Too bad Bakugo's missing the fun". Kaminari jokingly remarks.

"Right? Honestly, the way Zeraora just beat him down was a little scary and really brutal too". Ashido adds in.

"Indeed it was. A repeat of his loss against against Midoriya". Tokoyami joins in.

"Except Zeraora was practically fine afterwards". Hagakure states.

"That said, who do you thinks gonna take this match"? Jiro asked the million dollar question.

"Zeraora obviously! He already beat Todoroki before"! Hagakure claims with certainty.

"That's true however, Todoroki was fighting in a confined space, and the objective of the Battle Trial limited his offensive options. Zeraora has shown to be more of a close to mid range fighter. In a wide open area, Todoroki has more of an advantage and he has greater fire power and ranged attacks". Yaoyorozu breaks down.

"But Zeraora-chan's speed is equal to, if not greater than Iida's. And we saw how Iida was almost able to beat Todoroki". Asui throws in a counter argument.

"That is also true. Hmmmm..." Yaoyorozu is stumped.

"Yo Midoriya! You fought Todoroki, and you've known Zeraora the longest. What do ya thinks gots this"? Kirishima points to Midoriya, who is still bandaged up with his arm in a cast.

"I... I can't say for sure. I don't know everything Zerachan could do, he probably still has some extra moves he hasn't shown yet".

"Oh yeah! Like back in the Obstacle Course, when he just broke into a mad dash". Ashido recollects.

Class 1A continues discussing among each other about the possible victor. Their discussion was soon cut short.

(UA Sports Festival, Final Event: Final Match)

"LETS WASTE NO TIME FOLKS, AND GET THE FINAL MATCH ROLLING"!! Present Mic resumes his commentary.

"IN ONE CORNER THE SON OF THE NUMBER 2 HERO, A STUDENT ADMITTED TO UA HIGH ON RECOMMEDATION! THE FIRE AND ICE WEILDING POWERHOUSE! WHO BARING ONE MATCH, MADE IT TO THE FINALS WITH ONLY HALF OF HIS POWER"!! 

"IT'S SHOTO TODOROKI"!!

Todoroki steps onto the area with a serious expression.

"AND IN THE OTHER CORNER!! A FEARED APEX PREDATOR  CONDENSED IN A HUMAN BODY!! CONTROL OVER LIGHTNING AT HIS FINGERTIPS OR CLAWS IN THIS CASE!! HE STRIKES WITH NO MERCY!! HIS ROARS SHAKE THE EARTH"!!

"IT'S (Y/N) ZERAORA"!!

The young tiger steps into the ring, electric sparks flicker from his fur.

"ITS MAN VS NATURE!! A DUEL BETWEEN ELEMENTS"!! Present Mic roars with expanding passion.

The crowds cheers escalates, the roars exceed the boundaries of the stadium. The final contestant make their way to the center.

"Well boys, let me be the first to congratulate you for making it this far". Midnight said, proudly.

"I'll say this one last time. The winner is decided by whoever is knocked out of bound, who cannot continue the fight, or who yields". She reaffirms.

"Are we clear"? 

The final contestants nod in approval.

"Very well. Then let the final match..." 

"Begin"!

Zeraora immediately charges in towards his target. Todoroki attempts to halt him a large wave of ice. But then, Zeraora used Extreme Speed and disappeared from sight. With no visual on his opponent, Todoroki planned to conjure a barrier around himself. However...

Zeraora suddenly appeared behind Todoroki and struck him in the back with Force Palm. Todoroki staggered for a moment, but quickly recovered and aimed for a counterattack. But Zeraora resumes his assault with continuous jabs to the abdomen, followed by kicks across the face and finally launches him away with Thunderous Kick.

*COUGH COUGH*

"What's going on here? He's never been this aggressive". Todoroki tries to regain his footing.

Before he could even get back on his feet, Zeraora fired a Thunderbolt. In panic, Todoroki unleashed a large wall of ice blocking the attack. The resulting blast caused a small plume of dust to emerge.

"WHOA THIS IS CRAZY!! LOOKS LIKE TODOROKI HAS BEEN FORCED ON THE DEFENSE!! THIS TIGER ISN'T EVEN GIVING HIM A CHANCE TO BREATH"!! Present Mic calls out.

Todoroki rushed himself to his feet, knowing Zeraora could strike at any second. He takes a few steps back as the dust clears.

Expecting another attack on his blind spot, Todoroki readied his right side for another large attack.

The dust clears and Zeraora was seen standing still.

His tail fur sways in the wind, unfazed while bearing a neutral expression.

"He's just standing there"?! Todoroki grew confused.

"Doesn't matter, I have his attack pattern figured out". He believes.

"I attack, he evades, then he'll try to catch me off guard and come at me from the left side".

Todoroki unleashed a larger wave of ice, quickly rushing to the young tiger.

Zeraora looked on at the oncoming wave, his unfazed expression turned to an unimpressed expression.

Zeraora's hands erupted with electrical energy and destroys the incoming ice wave with Plasma Fist.

The blast sent shockwaves across the arena. Small sparks lingered and Todoroki looked on with a shocked expression.

"He was able to destroy that? Then why did he brother evading the first one"?! Todoroki soon grew annoyed and agitated.

"You're just screwing around aren't you"?! He accused the young tiger.

Zeraora said nothing, but his expression hardened slightly.

"Like you've been doing this whole time! The Obstacle Course, the Calvary Battle, the Battle Trials, even during the quirk assessment test. You just keep hiding your true powers"! Todoroki continues spouting his absurd accusations. 

Zeraora was greatly insulted, his expression hardened even more as he begins to snarl in agitation.

"Aren't you going to say anything".

Silence overtook the area, the young tiger's eyes turned cold and empty.

Electricity flared from Zeraora's body, he used Extreme Speed and charged forward, quickly striking Todoroki in the abdomen. He follows up with ruthless onslaught attacks, then grabs him by the neck, violently slams him to ground and throws him across the arena. But he wasn't finished...

Zeraora chased him down and continues the onslaught of savage punches and kicks in multiple areas. Todoroki struggled to keep up, but in a small opening he coats his arm and hand in ice, aiming to freeze the tiger in place. However, Zeraora caught his arm and instantly paralyzed it.

"Damn it"! Todoroki cursed as he lost feeling in his right arm.

He looks up and is met with the predator's cold piecing gaze.

Todoroki flinched for a moment. And then...

*SLASH*

Zeraora slashed him across the leg.

"AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH"!!! Todoroki's loud unsettling scream echoed across the stadium, while the audience was left in utter shock.

Blood drips as Todoroki dropped to his knee. Grunts of pain left his voice. Zeraora then used Thunderous Kick striking him across the face and sends him left.

"OH MAN! LOOKS LIKE THE PREDATOR IS SHOWING HIS TRUE NATURE"!! Present Mic comments in shock.

Aizawa, Midnight and Cementoss could only watch with widen eyes. Zeraora's attacks have been more brutal as the fight continues.

Endeavour watches on, the sudden aggression caught him off guard. 

'I take no responsibility for whatever happens in the incoming match'.

"So this is what he meant". Endeavour comments to himself.

The rest of the UA students watch with concerned and fearful expressions. As they remember that this is the same person who said the strong and firm words for the student pledge.

As Todoroki tries to pull himself from the ground, he grits his teeth in pain. The cuts on his leg runs deep and his right arm is still paralyzed.

"Shit"! Todoroki looks on at his condition, all while his mind loses focus and flashes various memories.

The harsh and borderline abusive training from his father. His mother's mental state slowly falling apart. Midoriya's words to him. And...

'Your pathetic'.

'Saying you'll be number one with only half your power. Those are nothing but the delusions of a brat'.

'Why should I take your half-assed and childish words seriously'.

'You've been doing nothing but take advantage of the merits from the man you claim to resent'.

'You don't deserve to be here'.

Zeraora, calling out his pathetic and cowardly nature.

Todoroki's focus has gone awry, his mind disturbed, his persisting injuries, and if that wasn't enough...

Zeraora's outburst from the USJ replays in his mind, complete with his blood-curdling roar. The shock and fear he felt that day resurfaced, adding to his unstable mind.

Todoroki looked back to the young tiger, claws radiating with electricity, a piecing predatory glare. He walks slowly aiming to continue his assault.

Beads of sweat poured from Todoroki's face, gripped with fear and terror, his breathing becomes erratic. His unstable state was clearly visible to Zeraora, but he showed no concern and resumes his approach, intending to finish what he started.

As Zeraora approaches Todoroki struggles to back away, his body would not respond to his will.

Until...

"I YIELD"!! He cried out, in tone never before heard from him.

Zeraora halted his advance and the audience fell into silence.

"I YIELD"! He repeats while panting heavily.

Though unlike Tokoyami who calmly accepted his defeat. Todoroki cried out in absolute fear.

Zeraora looks on in clear disgust as he retracts his claws and dispels his lightning. 

"Todoroki admits defeats! (Y/N) Zeraora is the winner"! Midnight declares.

The audience explodes in thunderous cheers and applauses, though some are still rather unsettled by the vicious brutality.

"WHAT A MATCH! LOOKS LIKE NATURE REIGNS SUPREME OVER MAN ONCE MORE! GUESS HAVING THE POWER OF TWO ELEMENTS ON YOU SIDE DOESN'T MAKE INVINCIBLE"!! Present Mic roars.

"Objectively speaking, Todoroki's raw power is greater, but here that's his only advantage. We've all seen how Iida nearly overwhelmed him with sheer speed. Not only does Zeraora have incredible speed, but he has greater technique, agility, natural senses, and well-rounded power. On top of that, Zeraora's a formable fighter with or without his quirk. Todoroki's raw power means nothing against an opponent with those advantages". Aizawa notes the difference between the final contestants.

"YOU KNOW! YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE TODOROKI HAD NO CHANCE"! Present Mic points out.

"Possibly". Aizawa responds.

Back on the arena, as nursery robots came in to escort Todoroki to the infirmary, Zeraora proceeded to walk away.

"Ummmm, hey little kitty? Aren't you going to help your classmate"? Midnight stopped the young tiger.

Zeraora paused for a moment before turning his gaze to the referee.

'Why should I? He doesn't deserve it. Much like how he doesn't deserve to be here'. Zeraora spoke with such cruelty that Midnight and Cementoss were both taken back with shock.

Todoroki finally managed to steady his mind, but his body continues to tremble with fear.

"I...I was... completely... helpless. There wasn't a single thing I could've done". Todoroki looked distraught, but Zeraora paid no mind or care. Todoroki's actions today was not worth any attention or recognition from the young tiger. 

Zeraora continued to walk away, others would be brimming with excitement for such a grand victory. However, Zeraora was annoyed to no end. His last two matches were possibly the worst things he had to endure thus far. Fortunately, it's over.

(Some Time Later)

The top three participants were placed on the podium to be handed their medals.

In Third Place is Katsuki Bakugo, who regained consciousness right after the conclusion of the final match. Upon realizing that he had lost, he lashed out in a fit of rage, only to be subdued by Midnight's Somnambulist and was then chained up complete with a muzzle to keep him restrained. 

In Second Place is Shoto Todoroki. He had his injuries treated, luckily Zeraora's brutal assaults did not leave any serious permanent damage, save for a few lingering cuts and bruises. Though the same can't be said for his pride.

And of course in First Place is (Y/N) Zeraora, who in comparison to the other two, was unscathed all things considered. His aggravation lessened, and his expression returned to its trademark neutral state.

Honorable mention: Tenya Iida who technically shares Third Place with Bakugo, but was required to leave due to family reasons.

The three stood on there respective places, Bakugo continued to thrash about while chained up. Todoroki looked down while starring blankly, and Zeraora wanted to awards to end quickly.

The monitor replayed highlights of Zeraora's exploits, all while the crowd roared over the young tiger's feats. Until suddenly, the highlights reel was cut off...

"HAAAAAAH... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"! A familiar laugh echoes across the stadium.

Unsurprisingly, the one handing out the medals is the Number One Hero himself. The crowd's cheers grew exponentially louder, much to Zeraora's discomfort, as his ears couldn't take much more.

All Might leaped onto the center of stadium.

"I AM HERE! TO REALLY TO GET THIS PARTY STARTED"! All Might announced.

The crowd roaring cheers expanded even more, many of them begin shouting out the Number One Hero's name.

'There's excitement and there's obnoxious yelling, this is leaning towards the latter'. Zeraora thought to himself, as his patience was quickly diminishing.

"Now now ladies and gentleman the welcoming attitude is appreciated. However, we are here to celebrate the performance put on by the students! And these young men who stand before you, clearly are exceptionally gifted! These young men and women will truly become extraordinary heroes one day! Let us applaud the students who participated today"!

The audience turned their cheers to the students.

"Of course, to participate in this event is one thing. To claim victory is another thing altogether. In various matched, these young men have shown what it means to go Plus Ultra. They have taken their great power and have molded them to be even greater. As the Number One Hero and their teacher, the potential they possess is truly a sight to behold. Katsuki Bakugo, Shoto Todoroki, and (Y/N) Zeraora, congratulations on your incredible performance"!

The cheers of the audience grew even more.

"However, claiming victory today doesn't granted victory in the next Sport Festival. Or in any future battles you will find yourselves".

All Might's words were interrupted by Bakugo's thrashing and muffled yelling. Though, he was able to relay all that was needed to be said.

"Well then, with that out of the way, I now present you with your hard earned medals"!  

One of the teachers approach All Might with the medals, and proceeded to hand them out.

First up was Bakugo, who was still twitching and fuming with rage, though All Might was unperturbed and laughed it off.

"Let's get this off of you, there's no need for this". All Might proceeded to remove Bakugo's muzzle, much to everyone's concern and objections.

"YOUDAMNFURFACETRASHEATINGSONOFAHAIRSPITTINGBASTARDB*****A**FURRYF***INGPIECEOFS***"!! Bakugo explodes into an onslaught of vulgar insults, directed at the young tiger.

The vulgar language left the audience and the other students in shock, Zeraora on the other hand was deaf to Bakugo's rage.

"Now now Bakugo-shounen, there's no need for this unprovoked aggression". All Might attempted to calm down the mad bomber, but failed.

"I know you desired to be the top victor, but there are lessons to be learned from every battle. Take this medal as a sign that you can improve".

"I DON'T WANT THAT PIECE OF GARBAGE! I WANT TO TEAR THAT DAMN FUR-FACED BASTARD A NEW ONE!! Bakugo violently lashes out.

"Oh come now". All Might attempts to put the medal around the receiver's neck, but Bakugo's struggles made it difficult. In the end he settled for having him hold it by his bottom jaw and moves on.

Next was Todoroki, All Might had placed the second place medal around his neck. All while noticing a heavily demoralized expression on his face.

"Todoroki-shounen it's clear that something is troubling you. Care to speak up"? All Might spoke up.

Todoroki did not respond, though it is very evident that he had received more psychological damage than physical. 

"Very well. Just know that regardless of whatever troubles you, remember that you are gifted with great power. You chose the path of heroism, dangers and uncertainties are inevitable. But I'm sure that you will take the right steps forward to be a true". All Might helped to alleviate Todoroki's troubled mind and hugged him for reassurance.

And finally, he who placed First: (Y/N) Zeraora. The young tiger stood with his arms crossed and eyes glazed over.

"Zeraora-shounen, the skill and flexibility you've demonstrated with your powers is unlike anything I've seen, especially for one so young. Not only that, but your strong words from earlier show impressive maturity for your age. That said, I understand your frustrations and aggravation towards those who wrongfully antagonized and mocked you and your classmates. Since you were all  struggling for lives during the USJ attack, and your own selflessness in protecting your peers left you in critical conditions. Also as the Number One Hero, I too share your disappointments in the cowardice and I daresay borderline incompetence in present day heroes. You are clearly well trained and incredibly gifted. Have you any words for your peers". 

The young tiger paused for a moment to collect his thoughts.

'Honestly, the student pledge should've been more than enough. But clearly...' He paused, briefly shifting his gaze to Bakugo, Todoroki, Shinso and a handful of others who were particularly glaring to him.

'... A lot of them didn't bother to take what I said seriously. Though, I guess I shouldn't be surprised'.  He said with a hint of disappointment.

'Granted, I did notice that some others did take my words to heart. So I guess I didn't just waste my breath, even if the number was still pretty small'.

'I only spoke my mind on the subject cause I doubt anyone else would have the gall to speak up. That, it was really bugging me'. The young tiger laid out his reasons.

"I see. Nevertheless, your words were said live from one the most influential events in the country. Thus they will not be forgotten".

'For their sake let's hope not, cause I'm not repeating myself anytime soon'. Zeraora said somewhat coldly.

All Might laughs off the young tiger's indifference and place the medal around his neck.

"May the achievements of these young men inspire all, aspiring heroes"!

"Now! All Together Now"!

"There"!

"Two"!

"One"!

"PLUS ULTRA"!

"Thank you for all your hard work"!

The audience flew into collective annoyance and dissatisfaction, seeing how All Might did not use the, what should've been obvious send off to the Sports Festival.

Zeraora's cares and patience had long expired.

*SIGH*

'Maybe next time I won't bother participating in this circus'. He thinks to himself.

(Sports Festival: Aftermath)

Zeraora's victory earned him quite a reputation within the borders of UA and in most corners of the country. Many others would be ecstatic in the growing fame, but for the young tiger, to call it a nuisance would be an extreme understatement.

He removed his medal from around his neck, trying to avoid attracting to much attention. Wishful thinking, as his strikingly unique appearance made any chance of that impossible.

The amount of other students who approached, or rather, pestered him on his accomplishments, made the young tiger slightly regret claiming the victory. Then again, his words during the student pledge would have drawn attention to himself regardless. There was also the ongoing rumor of him supposedly being as strong as All Might, thanks to the USJ attack.

Having returned back to campus, he quickly changed out of his PE uniform back to the standard uniform. With earbuds on and with Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics at max volume, Zeraora left UA actively avoiding others.

On his way back to the Pussy Cats residence, Zeraora was swarmed by a hoard of people wanting a chance to speak with him. Deaf to all comments, the young tiger walked through the hoard, those who tried to stop him or reach for his tail fur, received shocks that left their hands and arms numb for a few minutes. Much to their complaints and Zeraora's lack of concern.

Over a dozen imbeciles suffered temporary paralysis. 

(Pussy Cats Residence)

'Oh thank god, I finally made it! I swear the trek on the way here felt longer than normal'. Zeraora sighs in relief.

Right as Zeraora reached for the opening, his senses were set off.

*SIGH*

'Three...Two...One'.

"SURPRISE"!! Ragdoll lunges from the entrance, prompting Zeraora to sidestep out of reach.

The estrange adult lands face-first into the ground.

'Nice to see you too Ragdoll'. Zeraora half-jokingly comments as he steps inside.

Pixie-Bob suddenly jumps in pulling the young tiger in a thrashing hug. Zeraora was to exhausted to fight back.

"Congrats on your victory mah boi. I see all your training has paid off". Tiger pats the young tiger's shoulder.

"I must say those new moves you demonstrated were very quite the marvel to see". He compliments.

Zeraora nodded in agreement. 

"Oh my goodness (Y/N)! You had me so worry"! Pixie cried out.

'Oh really'? He nonchalantly replied.

"Yes really! Your fight with the explosion boy didn't help either"!

'Even though I was just in the end anyway'.

"Excuse me young man! That is not the point! I'm just telling you to be a little more careful".

'Pixie, I'm always careful. Before you mention the USJ attack, that was a dire situation where anything goes. Besides, I had a feeling that Bakugo wasn't going much problem anyway'. 

"But still..." Pixie-Bob was about to continue, until Mandalay stopped her.

"Let it go Pixie, (Y/N) knows what his doing. Hardly anything gets to him. And you know that, your just letting the overprotective big sister lose control". Mandalay steps in.

Pixie-Bob sighs in agreement and finally releases the young tiger.

"That aside, great work out (Y/N). By the way, I noticed you seemed really annoyed by the tail end. Weren't you having fun"?

'Well yeah... I was having fun but some people just kinda ruined it, by shoving in their personal issues or some stupid crap'.

"Like the explosion boy and Endeavour's son"? Pixie-Bob points.

'Yeah, Bakugo wouldn't stop crying about his pride or whatever, it was like he never grew up. And Todoroki, he just... all he did was whine, complain and kept making excuses. All that power, wasted cause he was too much of a coward. I honestly felt really offended'.

"Then you slashed his leg". Mandalay brings up.

'That was out of rage and to teach him a lesson'. Zeraora justifies.  

"Well I'm sure there were some who surprised you in a good way, right"? Pixie inquires.

'Ehhh, not a whole lot but yeah. Tokoyami was pretty tough, even if I had the advantage in powers. Ojiro willingly choosing to resign from the Sports Festival was pretty surprising, even though nothing was really stopping him from advancing. Class 1B has their strengths, to bad they were thinking like competitive five-year olds. Shinso had his moment but ultimately couldn't get far thanks to his lack of ability and overconfidence in his quirk'. 

'Long story short, they've got their strengths but their still amateurs'.

The group of pros chuckle at Zeraora's remark.

"(Y/N) remember, you been training with actual pros. So cut them some slack". Mandalay throws in.

'Yeah... No, I don't think I will'. Zeraora nonchalantly declines.

The group continues to laugh off the the young tiger's attitude. Pixie-Bob informs him that dinner has been made, and it is favorite his dish. Though due to the tedium and exhaustion that fell upon him, he wasn't quite able to show the excitement he would normally display. But he was smiling internally. 

On his way to his room, Zeraora encountered his pseudo brother Kota, who offered a fist bump and words of congratulations. The young boy commented on how he knew Zeraora would have a painless victory. The young tiger snickered, knowing Kota was still concerned for his own well-being. Zeraora dropped off his bag, medal, and went for a bath to cool his nerves, then afterwards ate his dinner.

Thus marking the end of the UA Sports Festival.

(The Next Morning)

A new day, meaning new events, new challenges and potentially new nuisance. Zeraora pulled himself out of beds and bellows out a growling yawn. Feeling refreshed and in a much better mood compared to the aftermath of the Sports Festival. After a quick washup and donning his school uniform Zeraora stepped into the main room.

The Pussy Cats have already departed for their hero duties, and Kota was seen facing the television. Normally Zeraora hardly pays much attention to the news, but the information relayed held his attention.

'Hold on...What happened'? Zeraora spoke up.

"Some pro hero was put in the hospital by a villain. I think his name was Ingenium". Kota explained.

'Ingenium...? As in Iida's older brother. That explains him leaving before the award ceremony'. Zeraora thinks to himself.

'They mention who got him'?

"Some psycho called the Hero Killer".

'Hero Killer? That's a pretty extreme title'.

"They say he already killed a least a handful of pros. He's mostly seen around Hosu City".

Zeraora looks on, wondering to himself how Iida must be handling. Knowing his strictness with abiding by the rules, Iida wouldn't do anything reckless. Or so he thinks...

Zeraora quickly eats breakfast and bids farewell to Kota before departing. Much to his discomfort, many people still pestered him on his accomplishes during the sports festival. While a handful of others were intimidated by the brutality he exhibited. The rainy weather only added to his mild annoyance.

(Musutafu, UA High)

Finally reaching UA High, Zeraora made his way back to his homeroom. Only students chatter amongst themselves, many still intimidated due to words and actions. Stepping out of his path, Zeraora paid no attention to their fears but he still bore some degrees of disgust to their cowardice. Almost reminding him of Todoroki's behavior.

Electric sparks began to flicker from his body, in response to his aggravation during that event. This unintentional display prompted the surrounding students to quickly disperse, thinking he was about to lash out. Zeraora took a few deep breaths to calm his nerve, after doing so he has finally reached his homeroom.

Standing before the door of his homeroom, the young tiger braced himself.

Upon stepping in Zeraora was immediately barraged by his classmates.

"Hey look! The champ finally decided to show up"! Kirishima spoke up.

"I gotta say man, the way you stepped up there and said all those things. That was nuts, but crazily manly too"! He went on.

Zeraora only shrugged.

"This is soo unfair little kitty! Your quirk is like totally dump op! And when did you learn to do all those crazy stunts and crazy moves"?! Ashido complained.

Zeraora rolled his eyes at Ashido's whining.

"You walked out of the Sports Festival looking just fine, while the rest of were sore". Sero commented.

"Right! But if you ask me, I think Bakugo got the worse of it". Kaminari jokingly commented.

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU LOSER"!! Bakugo roared from his seat.

Kaminari laughs it off. For a moment Zeraora and Bakugo traded glances, the mad bomber is still seething with rage from his loss. His hands sizzle just from looking at the young tiger, but Zeraora could not care less.

Instead, his attention shifted to Iida, who simply sit down silent. The young tiger grew concern, worrying about what he'd plan to do regarding his brother's condition. He also noticed that Todoroki was a tad shook, probably still fearful of his brutal assaults.

Zeraora walked passed the small hoard who were pestering him on his victory and sat at his assigned seat. Small chatter went on until Aizawa finally stepped in.

"Morning Class". He said, with a dull expression.

"Good Morning Sir". The class replied back.

"Mr. Aizawa, your no longer covered in bandages. That's good". Asui pointed out.

"The old lady went overboard with the treatment. Anyway, we've got a big class on hero informatics today. But first, your gonna need code names so it's time to pick your hero identities". The class lit up with excitement, finally about to partake in hero work on a more proper field.

Aizawa activated his quirk to settle down the class. he then went on to explain the purpose of the drafts made from another time and how heroes can invest and watch the progression of first years.

Shortly after the breakdown, Aizawa brought up a list of offers for each student.

Glaringly, Todoroki had the most with 4123 offers.

The came Zeraora, with 4044 offers.

Followed by Bakugo, Tokoyami, Iida and so on. Reaching Midoriya with a surprising zero offers.

"Todoroki got the most ahead of Bakugo and Zeraora"? Jiro validly questions.

Yaoyorozu went to compliment Todoroki, however he states the high number war likely due to his father's influence.

Zeraora was both annoyed and disappointed. Apparently, many people do not recognized proper skill and ability.

"Bakugo got third place, but his offers are barely above Tokoyami's". Kaminari comments.

"Guess they thrilled about a guy who needed to be chained up for the award ceremony". Sero mentions.

"IF I SCARED A PRO THEN IT JUST MEANS THEIR WEAK"! Bakugo claims.

'Or maybe they realized you'd be too much of a nuisance'. Zeraora spoke up.

Some of the class did a spittake, while others gasped.

Bakugo was about to attempt to fire a blast at the young tiger but Aizawa intervenes.

"Quiet! Anyway, you will all be interning with a pro even if you didn't get an offer. Before I hand those out, you'll be choosing your code names". Aizawa declares.

"Under my supervision"! Midnight suddenly steps into the class.

"And bear in mind these names are temporary at the moment, however they may stick with you forever. So you ought to pick something that isn't inappropriate". She smiles.

Zeraora noticed Mineta front of him drooling over the R-Rated Hero, much to his discomfort.

"Midnight will be the one to evaluate your potential code names until we hand out the offers. Pick wisely as these names represent your identity and ideals as heroes". Aizawa said before slipping into sleeping bag and dozes off.

Midnight handed out white boards and makers.

Some have already come up with ideas of their own.

From Aoyama's, 'I can not stop twinkling', which was approved but adjusted by Midnight much to everyone's surprised.

Then there Ashido's Alien Queen, in reference to a fictional creature with acidic blood. Which was shot down by Midnight much to her disappointment.

Zeraora began to question the validly of the R-Rated Hero being the one to determine names.

Asui then stepped and presented her own suggestion. The Rainy Season Hero: Froppy. Midnight gave it a clear pass, and the class was relieve to hear a more normal suggestion.

The ideas went on, some were rather bland others were more flexible, then there was Bakugo...

"King Explosion Murder"! Bakugo suggestion was rejected for obvious reasons.

It was then when Zeraora stopped paying attention and just focused on his own identity.

It continued on, Iida and Todoroki just went with their given names, and Midoriya decided to go "Deku", purely for sentimental value.

That caught Zeraora by surprise, thinking he would've gone with a derivative of All Might.

The young tiger was the last to present his choice.

"Zeraora, you finished yet"? Mineta turned back to the young tiger.

'Don't rush me'. He silenced him.

The young soon stepped to the front and presented his identity.

'The Thunder Beast: Tiger Zero'.

The predator to villains, a voracious creature with no rivals.

"Interesting choice kitty. Why add the 'zero' to it". Midnight asked.

'Because there are no others like me'. Zeraora replied calmly.

With Midnight's approval, Zeraora returned to his seat and the class were given their offers.

Zeraora recalled the conversation he had with Endeavour. Though the Flame Hero was tenacious and obsessive, he was still an efficient hero. The Pussy Cats had already taught much, but it is time for the tiger to expand his horizons.

(Flashback to the end of the Sports Festival)

From the dark recess of his hideout, Shigaraki watched the award ceremony. On the table in front of him, he had two photos of Zeraora and Midoriya respectively. While also possessing an odd and peculiar file.

"(Y/N) Zeraora. You really are a dangerous creature. But I've got leash ready to keep you tamed. Your power is gonna serve well for my benefits". Shigaraki said, as his mind replayed the young tiger's outburst and display of power.

"Shigaraki do you have a moment"? The mysterious man spoke up.

"Master? What is it"?

"There is someone I'd like you to meet. I'll bring you over to meet him".

A gray gelatinous substance envelop the body of Shigaraki and Kurogiri as they were transported to another location.

A hidden warehouse occupied by the League of Villains.

Shigaraki looked around and found a monitor showing his master.

"So master who's this person you want use to meet"?

"See for yourself". The mysterious man smiled onmiously.

Shigaraki rose an eyebrow in confusion, but then he noticed something lurking in the shadow.

Bearing a humanoid appearance and tentacle-like appendages for arms.

The unknown creature possessed an unsettling and otherworldly aura, which made the two flinch for a moment.

Shigaraki grew uncomfortable and stood his ground.

"Stay calm Shigaraki".

"Master, what is that"?! He asked with concern

"Not what, who".

"Originally, he would joined you on the attack on the USJ, however his body needed more time to fully acclimate to his powers. But I must say, the end results were very pleasing". He said proudly.

The unknown creature slowly approached out of the darkness via levitation, his full appearance on display.

"Shigaraki, Kurogiri. Meet your newest companion".

"Call him..."

"Deoxys".

Next Time on Claws and Lightning...

The students of UA will partake in Internships, under the supervision of other pros.

Zeraora has his choice in mind, however the young tiger his about to learn more than he could anticipated.

As the students continue to grow, the villains expand their ranks.

Shigaraki intends to have his new teammate demonstrate his power.

The Thunder Beast is soon to meet another creature who could match his power and biological advantages.

Author Speaking: 

New year, new chapter!

Sorry for the lack of updates, I just really wasn't feeling it.

But, the sport festival is finally done with, so now things are about to escalate even more.

Hope ya'll look forward to see Deoxys in action.

New update will be Mind over Matter.

Make sure to leave your suggestion on what I should update after that on My Profile: Conversations.

StormBreaker2k1 out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 1.2K 90
Hiraku Nakahara had made a lot of choices throughout her entire childhood. She had chosen to live happily despite her tragic past. She had chosen to...
1.5M 53.7K 60
"Any last words Hero?" "Do you like to breathe?" [Y/n] transfers to UA in her second year and quickly solidifies her position as one to watch, especi...
281K 5.8K 41
I do not own any of the art in the story. I've noticed I've got a prominent amount of female readers (or people who wish for Y/N to be female) so whi...
29.2K 552 35
In a world where Quirks define destiny, Tatsuya Akiba's childhood was anything but easy. At a tender age, he lost everything to the Shikaku Renmei, a...