The Big Bad Wolf

By HopesAngelSprite

𝐸𝒶𝓈𝓎, 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒹! 𝐵𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝒶𝓎𝒷𝑒 𝐼 𝓌𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝑒𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓊𝓅~ A... More

Prologue: The Dark Forrest
Chapter 1: To Grandfather's House
Chapter 2: Of Monsters and Men
Chapter 3: Wonderland
Chapter 4: Goodie Basket

Chapter 5: Unlikely Alliances

369 12 31
By HopesAngelSprite

Four criminals, three disguises, two lovers, and one very large dog.

That was the scene inside Arny's van as he and his acquaintances traveled down the freeway on their way to make mischief. They'd left the house after forty-five long minutes of debating who would wear which disguises. There were only three of them which was okay considering William wasn't being targeted as much as the other three. Two of the outfits were intended to be matching couples outfits and the other was all black from head to toe.

"Alright, Red. Which of the boys are you matching with?", Will had asked as he laid out the outfits. The dark-haired girl raised a ruffled brow and picked up the all-black fit. "Neither. I don't do relationships, real or fake.", she simply said before walking upstairs to change. Arny opened his mouth to argue but a warning growl from Nix was enough to shut him up. Danny and Arny stared at each other before simultaneously shouting, "YOU HAVE TO WEAR THE CROP TOP!". Arny scoffed and shot him an incredulous look. "Hell no! I'm older!", he said while crossing his arms across his chest. Danny rolled his eyes and replied, "And I'm the Pope. Do you think I give a shit? No, no I don't.".

The two continued back and forth like that until Red came downstairs dressed and ready to go. Seeing that they were still arguing like children, she sighed and whistled twice. Nix barked loudly effectively shutting the two of them up. "Just play rock, paper, scissors. Whoever loses has to wear the crop top. Solve it or Nix will.", she spoke before sitting down and resting her eyes. The two boys glowered at each other before raising their hands and preparing to face off. Three seconds passed, the air filled with thick tension. A war cry of, "ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS!", filled the small living area before Arny cried out in anguish. Danny cackled and snatched up his outfit before racing upstairs. "Damn it!", Arny cursed before grabbing his clothes and stomping upstairs behind him.

A couple of moments later the two of them made their way downstairs together. Danny draped his arm across Arny's shoulders as they crossed the last step and smirked. "Isn't my baby just gorgeous?~", he teased, earning a sharp glare from Arny. Red cracked an eye open and looked over the two of them. Although he was mad about it, Arny was wearing the top pretty well. He definitely had the body for it. Red smirked and stood before stretching. "He is!", she agreed and walked toward the door.

The four of them exited the dusty, old house and made their way to the bullet-riddled van in the driveway. Arny tossed the keys to Danny and slid open the side door. "If you kill us, I will haunt your ass for the rest of your days.", he warned before getting inside and shooting him a dirty look. William snickered while helping Red into the van and getting in himself. Nix barked twice from the front door before backing up and nudging the door shut. William closed the van's doors as the vehicle started. Soon, they were pulling out of the driveway to start the day ahead.

*TIMESKIP TO LATER BROUGHT TO YOU BY BRANDON'S CAT EARS*

Red glanced around a corner before creeping into a back alley. She cringed a bit at the various piles of trash and boxes but said nothing as she moved closer to her destination. For this little mission, she'd traded in her basket for a backpack. The gold weighed heavy on her shoulders now, but she knew what she'd be carrying back would be much heavier. Little Red turned a corner, then another corner, and another after that until she reached a dead-end.

At this dead-end was a bright yellow door just big enough for her to fit through. In the center of the polished wood was a figure of a man and woman carved onto the surface. Red heaved a sigh and looked around her for any possible exit in case the deal she was about to make went sour. The people on the other side of the door had never given her any trouble, but she had no idea who could be trusted given her current situation.

Once Red had made it to the door, she raised her hand to trace the carving before knocking three times. There was a second of quiet, then the door cracked open. Just over the chain lock a blue eye peered back at her from the dark. "Who is it?", a soft voice asked earning an eye roll and a smirk from Little Red. "You know who I am, Jillian. Open up, I've got something for you.", she answered to which the door shut and opened again this time fully. Standing in front of her was a younger girl, younger than her.

Mismatched blue-green eyes looked over her before gesturing for her to enter a dim room. Once she was inside, the door shut behind her. Red looked around taking in all the ways the place had changed. The windows were darker and the furniture had moved around but nothing serious was different. Sitting at a small table lit by a single candle was a red-headed boy with eyes the same color as Jillian's. "Long time no see, Jackson.", Red greeted the boy with a kind smile. Behind her, Jillian shut the door and locked it again before walking to take a seat near the boy. Once they were beside each other, it was clear to see that they were mirror images of each other. After all, they were twins.

Red slipped the backpack from her shoulders and sat it on their table. "It's been two weeks since we last saw you.", Jackson chided in a voice deeper than his sisters', "We were starting to think that Midas had finally gotten to you.". Jillian frowned and shook her head in disappointment. A sigh escaped Red as she watched Jackson take the gold bars from the bag and place them on a scale. He opened a book and began writing down numbers and solving equations. "I've taken down men ten times more powerful than Midas. I can handle that creep just fine.", she spoke while taking a seat across from them. Jillian scoffed and planted her elbows on the table.

"You can handle a crook but you can't manage to check in every few days? What kind of older sister are you.", Jill spoke with heavy annoyance. Red said nothing but stared into the hands of a wall clock a few feet away. All though the three of them weren't related, Grandfather and Grandmother had raised them to be siblings. Jill was right though, she hadn't been the sister she was supposed to be. "You know that if it were up to me we'd be living together. Once Midas is taken care of, we will.", Red started softly, "For now, this is how it has to be.".

No more words were spoken after that. Jackson finished his writing, and Jill began counting out money and filling the bag. Once the bag was filled, Red looked inside before zipping it up. Red nodded to the two of them and stood to leave. "Before you go... Big Bad gave us a message for you.", Jackson called out stopping his older sister in her tracks. The dark-haired girl spun around and looked at the two of them. Jill had paled a little bit and Jacksons' expression had become serious. "When was he here? Did he hurt you?", she asked with anger and concern filling her tone. The two of them shook their heads and Jill reached under the table to place a double-barrel shotgun on the surface.

"I kept one of these on him, and he only brought two men with him.", she spoke and Jackson patted her on her back. "He said that he's not the enemy and that he needs to talk to you about taking the hit. He needs you to finish this whole thing for some reason.", Jackson spoke in a whisper-like tone. Red frowned as she listened to her little brother speak. She shouldered her bag and looked over the room. "What do you think I should do?", Red asked after a few minutes of silence.

Jackson looked at Jillian before settling his eyes on the ceiling. "I think you should talk to him, he seemed genuine.", Jill replied. There was more silence before it was broken by the sound of papers rustling. "He asked us to give these to you. He said you'd know what to do with them.", Jack spoke up while handing her a pale yellow folder. Little Red took the folder and grazed her fingers over the cover. "I'm gonna go now. You two look after each other, understand me?", she asked while walking to the door. The twins nodded and Red smiled at them before leaving the small building.

As she made her way back to the van, she opened the folder discovering a couple of files within it; all of them were about Big Bad. It covered everything from his name to his birthday to his blood type. The more she read, the more she realized how much Big Bad was trusting her. Inside the folder, along with so much of his personal information, was a police report dating back to the last day he served on the force. Within the pages was a badge... Big Bad's police badge to be exact.

Red shut the folder as she exited the alley and spotted William smoking next to the van. When he finally saw her, he smiled and opened the vehicle's doors. A few minutes passed before their small crew was back on the road. "Now that we've got the money. Where do we go next?", Danny asked from upfront. Red sighed as she stared at the folder in her hands.

"We're going to Big Bad's mansion."

THE END

(A/N): Hello, everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's really long so my bad lol. Thanks for the love and support! It means so much to me. ILYSM <33 Also, here are the character profiles for Jackson and Jillian!

Jackson/Jack:

17 (older than Jill by an hour)

Little Red's younger brother/ twin to Jillian

Raised by Grandmother and Grandfather

Money changer

Trained to be an assassin

Jillian/Jill:

17

Little Red's younger sister

Raised by Grandmother and Grandfather

Money changer/protects Jackson

Trained to be an assassin

thesmolbean out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 9K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
626K 29.8K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
138K 6.5K 21
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
779K 30.7K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...