MaNan FF - Humesha : Book 4 [...

By WeirdFascinations

Been together for thirteen years, married for six, two cute children and unconditional love. Is that truly e... More

Chapter 1 : Distance
Chapter 2 : Betrayal
Chapter 3 : We Are Family
Chapter 4 : Back Together
Chapter 5 : What If...? (Part 1)
Chapter 6 : What If...? (Part 2)
Chapter 7 : Back To Where It All Started?
Chapter 8 : A Step Forward
Chapter 10 : Forever, Humesha

Chapter 9 : Togetherness

1.3K 116 12
By WeirdFascinations

A week later.

Alya had come back from Italy, after a strenuous fashion week. She was back at work, however, her usual zeal was missing. She drudged on, trying her best to stand on her feet, but she barely had the energy. Every now and then, she found herself snapping at her crew and was fed up with herself and everyone.

"Ma'am, please don't mind me saying this but I really think you should rest. You look pale, ma'am." Her assistant, Sarah said.

"Hmm. Maybe you're right." Alya said and got up from her chair, but the movement made her head spin and she stumbled, holding her head.

"Ma'am!"

"Fuck..." Alya cursed, feeling dizzy and weak-limbed all of a sudden. She looked up at Sarah and the last thing she saw was her assistant's panic-stricken face before the world went black.

-----

When Alya opened her eyes, hours seemed to have passed. The first thing her eyes fell on was the white wall in front of her, a white that was disarming enough because it just looked bland, but comforting enough for her to wake up to. Nevertheless, no sight would be comfortable enough because she felt a throbbing pain in her ankle.

"Oh, you're awake." She heard someone say and turned slowly to see Dhruv standing beside her, reaching out to hold her hand.

"Alya, tumne dara diya mujhe." Dhruv said, kissing her palm. Alya smiled softly and pulled Dhruv close.

"What happened? Why am I here?"

"Well, you fainted at work and Sarah saved you from falling on the floor. She called me immediately and I came rushing. I just sent her home and gave her a day-off for tomorrow, on your behalf. She needs a raise." Dhruv said, shaking his head.

"Hmm. You're right. Did the doctor say something?" Alya asked, after sipping a drink of water from the glass Dhruv passed to her.

"Hmm, they told me that they'll take blood tests when you wake up. You're really weak and you kinda sprained your foot when you fainted." Dhruv said, lifting the blanket to show Alya the bandaged foot.

"Ah, that explains it. It really hurts." Alya said, hissing as she tried to sit up.

"No heels until your ankle heals." Dhruv said, pulling Alya's cheek.

"Okay, sir." Alya replied, rolling her eyes. Just then, the nurse came.

"Ah, aap jaag gaye. Blood test samples collect karna hai." She said and picked up a tray. They watched as the nurse prepared the syringes for the blood test.

"Where's Adah?"

"She's at Ma's place. I didn't want her to see you like this." Dhruv said with a sigh. Ever since Alya started going to Milan often, Adah became more attached to her mother, often asking and worrying about Alya.

It was sweet but Alya understood how it could be stressful for Dhruv to take care of Adah and her incessant questions in demanding times like these.

Dhruv made light conversation with Alya to distract her as the nurse drew blood. As soon as it was over, Alya sighed in relief and looked at Dhruv.

"I want to use the restroom, help me na." Alya said. Dhruv nodded and helped her get up, lifting her in his arms bridal-style so that she didn't have to apply pressure to her foot.

Alya blushed, feeling shy suddenly. They were married for years but it still felt very new whenever they performed such public displays of affection.

"Urine sample bhi collect kar lijiye." The nurse said and the two of them nodded.

For a couple of hours, Alya and Dhruv were catching up with each other, making up for lost time. Alya talked to her brother, mother-in-law and daughter over the phone as well, promising to take care in the future and ensuring them she was just fine.

After a few hours lapsed and Alya was hydrated enough, the doctor came in, with a few papers in hand.

"Hi Alya, I am Dr. Shilpa."

"Ah yes, Nandini's doctor, right? Nandini Murthy Malhotra?" Alya asked, feeling relieved that it was someone familiar.

"Ah yes, right, all of you know each other?"

"Yes, since college. We are all like a big family now." Dhruv said fondly.

"That must be nice. Well, that is definitely going to make things more comfortable for us." Shilpa said and turned the documents towards them, which showed them the test reports.

"Oh, is there some issue?" Dhruv asked worriedly.

"Ah no, but well, when did you have your latest cycles, Alya?" Shilpa asked gently and Dhruv widened his eyes, snapping his neck towards Alya, whose eyes had gone wide too.

"About a month ago? Maybe more, I didn't get it on time this month, but I was a bit stressed, so I thought...I mean, I always had this issue..."

"Well, you're pregnant Alya. See..." and then, Dr Shilpa went on explaining the report while Alya listened, slack jawed.

"I'll give you two some time. And oh yes, I almost forgot! You're expecting twins! We will still do an ultrasound to confirm it, but yes." Dr Shilpa said and moved out, giving the couple some space.

There was deep silence for two whole minutes, both of them rendered too shocked to speak. Alya was not supposed to get pregnant, no, not because she didn't want to, but because she had complications that she was informed about, years ago. She was told that her chances to conceive were very low even then. But Adah came through. After that, Alya and Dhruv didn't really think they would have another chance so they never discussed it.

But now.

Alya was pregnant.

With twins.

-----

Life was very hectic, but Nandini liked this pace more. She could take on projects in a more relaxed manner and most of her time went in ideating to create more opportunities for her students. She also got more time to spend with her children and husband, so that was definitely a cherry on the cake.

They were getting ready for dinner at the Vedant's. It had been a while since all of them met and spent some time together. Also, they had many events to plan!

"Hey, long time yaa!" Nandini said, hugging Alya. Manik came in as well, carrying Madiha on his shoulders and Naitik leading the way.

"Seriously! Life is so busy nowadays. Chalo chalo, Mukti and Zubin are already here. I have set up the video call too, Navya and Cabir are online." Alya said.

That's how they usually did things. They planned a time that was suitable to all and organized these meetups, even if some of them joined virtually. At the end of the day, all that mattered was their togetherness.

"Alya, you look different." Manik said, hugging her. Madiha, who was perched on her father's shoulders, bent down and kissed Alya's head, which made Alya chuckle and tear up.

Hormones.

She laughed it off and urged Madiha to get down so that they could hold hands and go see Adah inside. Manik raised an eyebrow and exchanged a look with Dhruv, who avoided eye contact as well.

"Chal." Dhruv said, patting his back.

"Hmm, chal."

-----

"Yaar, she is getting into fights and all ha!" Nandini said, as she served herself some pasta.

"But Mama! Naira was mean to me!" Madiha insisted while Nandini shook her head.

"Apne Papa pe gayi hai vo. Mini monster." Cabir commented, eating his own lunch, next to his husband.

"Dadda!!! Cabir chachu is calling me monster!" Madiha complained, as if her Dadda wasn't right there, listening to Cabir as well.

"Toh kya? You should be proud! Don't let him get to you." Manik said, reaching forward to pull his daughter's cheek, which was puffed up because of her pout.

"Haa bas, yahi sikhaao. Ek kaafi nahi ki dusra bhi." Navya said, as she ate her lunch as well.

They poked fun at each other, reminiscing about old times as always and reliving their youth for more time. After a while, a brief silence loomed, with just sounds of their cutlery filling the room.

"Ah, okay, now that literally all of us are here, I have some news." Cabir said, putting his spoon down and wrapping his arm around Neil's. Alya and Dhruv exchanged glances.

"Oh my god, we had news to share too." Dhruv said, and all of them chuckled, confused as heck.

"Wow okay! Cabir, you go first." Alya said, encouraging the couple.

"Ah, if you say so. Okay, so guys, Neil and I have been talking about this for a while..."

Nandini gasped, already getting an idea where it was going. She recalled the phone call with Cabir a few months ago, where he had expressed interest in having children when Nandini was talking about her own.

"We got in touch with this agency, an adoption agency." Neil said, sensing that Cabir was too emotional to talk about it. Cabir nodded, as if confirming the news and literally all of them teared up in happiness for their best friend.

"Wow, that's amazing." Mukti said, blowing a kiss.

"Sachhi! Ahh, yeh bada exciting hai! Kaise chal raha hai?" Navya asked. Cabir didn't live too far away, at least compared to their other friends. She could meet the children often!

"Process toh bohot lamba hai. Honestly, I have lost count of how many times I have broken down." Cabir said, and chuckled as he covered his face.

"Same here. But I treasure every moment. It's tough but we have each other." Neil said and pressed his lips against Cabir's temple as he pulled him close.

"Cabir, Neil, I just know you will be the best parents ever. I mean, I know Navya and Alya will agree with me when I say this, but we are so happy that our children have you as the cool uncles. And both of you have been so loving to them, I just know you'll be amazing with your own. Your child will be very lucky to have you two." Nandini said, speaking on behalf of all of those who were present.

"Nandini yaar, itne door baithke bhi rula dogi tum." Cabir said, hiding his face to wipe his tears. It wasn't often that Cabir was openly vulnerable to anyone, always sporting the look of being cool and composed, ready to crack jokes and lighten the atmosphere.

"Sorry, not sorry Cabira." Nandini said, laughing, while shedding tears of her own.

"Wow, this is something. Do keep us updated, you two. All of us would like to be a part of this beautiful journey too." Aryaman said.

"For sure." Neil replied.

"Aur tu bata, Alya. Tera kya scene?" Cabir asked, finally back to being composed and relaxed, his face still red from the crying just a few minutes ago.

"Uh...maybe we can discuss later!" Alya said, chuckling nervously. She really did not wish to steal Cabir's thunder. Maybe an Alya from 15-20 years ago would have done so, but she had definitely grown up and become more empathetic. Dhruv was really proud of her.

"Arre bata na!" Mukti insisted.

"Mumma babies!!!" Adah announced happily, throwing her hands up in the air excitedly. All of them looked at the child, their eyes wide.

"Uh, yeah, so she's right." Alya sighed, shaking her head. It could've gone worse, in her opinion. This was still a pretty cute reveal, if Alya said so herself.

"Wow." Zubin muttered, and was the first person to break into a joyous laughter.

"That is so amazing. Wow, congratulations!" Nandini said and got up to hug Alya.

"Wait, babies?" Manik asked, coming out of his own shocked stupor.

"Twins. We are going to have twins." Dhruv said, smiling widely. There was an uproar of cheers as they all digested the news.

"Wow Alya, competition huh?" Cabir asked, rather, teased. Alya rolled her eyes and laughed and all of them could see her glow.

"We went to the hospital after I fainted, about three weeks ago. Apparently, I was a month pregnant. So now I am almost two months in." Alya said and got up, moving her coat aside to reveal her small bump.

Navya and Nandini squealed as they saw the tiny bump and congratulated Alya further.

"This definitely calls for a celebration." Neil said and picked up his glass of wine and raised it in the air.

"To Cabir and Neil and to Dhruv and Alya and to our very many babies!" Mukti cheered and all of them laughed, clinking their glasses together. Alya sipped her mocktail of course, but joined in happily nevertheless.

"Guys, does this mean someone is pregnant again during a wedding?" Soha asked, leaning towards the camera.

They all looked at each other and laughed again, at the bizarre coincidence. It had always been like that, Alya pregnant during her own wedding, during Manik and Nandini's wedding, Nandini pregnant during Mukti's wedding, pregnant again during Cabir's. It just happened all the time.

And again.

Soha was getting married to her boyfriend of three years, an American one, Noah Williams, whom she had been friends with since childhood and with whom she got romantically involved only after they met after many years at a party. They were going to marry in two months, in both Christian and Punjabi style, in New York itself and preparations were going on in full swing.

Nandini sat back, and watched her friends, who were now literally her second family, talk happily and rejoice amidst all these happy announcements. She had never thought she would have this, a big family of her own.

She couldn't have possibly asked for more.

-----
Author's note -

Long time no see😂 like I said, bas do chapters baaki reh gaye the, aur ab bas ek!!! Final chapter soon guys! I am kinda emotional about it because this story has been a part of me for years and finally it's coming to an end :(

There will be a lot happening in the next chapter! This was just a filler chapter of sorts and non-MaNan focused because the next chapter is hopefully full of MaNan!

Last Chapter Precap -

A Reunion, A Revisit to their youth and a Regal Proposal ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.6K 6.3K 35
Synopsis: What happens when a lawyer with very little discretion meets a player boy? Amidst the flush of ego, attraction, seduction and a hell lot o...
370K 22.4K 35
Copyright Šī¸ 2021 the_bogummy All rights reserved. No part of this book/book may be reproduced without the writer's permission on any kind of sites...
373K 19.9K 32
Copyright Šī¸ 2021 the_bogummy All rights reserved. No part of this book/book may be reproduced without the writer's permission on any kind of sites...
982K 65.9K 56
This is my second Manan story... jump in to the bumpy ride to see if love actually happens or not...