𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙚ð™Ģ𝙙𝙞ð™Ĩ𝙞ð™Đð™Ū

By tomdayasbvtch

𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙚ð™Ģ𝙙𝙞ð™Ĩ𝙞ð™Đð™Ū- 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑐𝑐ð‘Ē𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑒ð‘Ģð‘’ð‘™ð‘œð‘ð‘šð‘’ð‘›ð‘Ą 𝑜𝑓 𝑒ð‘Ģð‘’ð‘›ð‘Ąð‘  𝑏ð‘Ķ 𝑐ℎ𝑎... More

prologue: that night
characters
part one
ðķℎ𝑝.1: 𝙒ð™Īð™Ē𝙚ð™Ģ 𝙞ð™Ģ 𝙒𝙝𝙞ð™Đ𝙚
ðķℎ𝑝.2:𝙒𝙚ð™Ģ𝙙𝙞𝙜ð™Ī
ðķℎ𝑝.3: ð˜ŋ𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙞ð™Ģ ð™Đ𝙝𝙚 𝙒𝙖ð™Đ𝙚𝙧
ðķℎ𝑝. 4: 𝙋𝙝𝙖ð™Ģð™Đð™Īð™Ē 𝙏𝙧𝙖ð™Ŧð™šð™Ąð™šð™§
ðķℎ𝑝.5:𝙏𝙚𝙚ð™Ģ 𝙍ð™Ī𝙜𝙊𝙚
ðķℎ𝑝. 6: ð˜―ð™Ąð™Īð™Ī𝙙ð™Ū 𝙈𝙖𝙧ð™Ū
ðķℎ𝑝.7: 𝙑𝙖ð™Ģ ð™ƒð™šð™Ąð™Ļ𝙞ð™Ģ𝙜, 𝘞 ð™Ąð™žð™Đð™šð™§ð™–ð™Ą ð™Ąð™šð™œð™šð™Ģ𝙙 ð™Ĩð™Đ 1
ðķℎ𝑝.8: 𝙑𝙖ð™Ģ ð™ƒð™šð™Ąð™Ļ𝙞ð™Ģ𝙜, 𝙖 ð™Ąð™žð™Đð™šð™§ð™–ð™Ą ð™Ąð™šð™œð™šð™Ģ𝙙 ð™Ĩð™Đ 2
ðķℎ𝑝.9: 𝙑𝙖ð™Ģ ð™ƒð™šð™Ąð™Ļ𝙞ð™Ģ𝙜, 𝙖 ð™Ąð™žð™Đð™šð™§ð™–ð™Ą ð™Ąð™šð™œð™šð™Ģ𝙙 ð™Ĩð™Đ 3
ðķℎ𝑝.10: 𝙎𝙠𝙞ð™Ģ
ðķℎ𝑝.11: 𝙃ð™Īð™Ī𝙠 𝙈𝙖ð™Ģ
ðķℎ𝑝.12: ð˜―ð™Šð™œð™Ļ
ðķℎ𝑝.13: 𝙃ð™Īð™Ē𝙚
ðķℎ𝑝.14: 𝘞ð™Ļð™Ūð™Ąð™Šð™Ē
ðķℎ𝑝.16: 𝙁𝙖𝙞ð™Đ𝙝
ðķℎ𝑝.17: 𝙍ð™Ī𝙊ð™Đ𝙚 666

ðķℎ𝑝.15: 𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙧ð™Ī𝙎

42 2 4
By tomdayasbvtch

Rockford, Illinois
The Motel

3rd POV

"Hello?" Sam answered Dean's cell phone, laying in bed.

"Sam, is that you?" John asked as he was in a phone booth.

"Dad." Sam said as he sat up in shock that he was talking with father.
"Are you hurt?" He asked.

"I'm fine." John replied.

"We've been looking for you everywhere. We didn't know where you were, if you were okay." Sam told John.

"Sammy, I'm all right." John stated.
"What about you and Dean? Dani? Eddie?" He asked.

1st POV

Feeling Dean shift, I opened my eyes to see he was waking up as well.

"Well, we're fine." I heard Sam say.
"Dad, where are you?" Sam asked which made Dean sit up causing Eddie to roll on top of me. I carefully sat up so that Eddie was sleeping on my lap.

"What? Why not?" Sam asked in disbelief.

"Is that dad?" Dean asked Sam but he ignored him.

"You're after it, aren't you?" Sam asked.
"The thing that killed mom." He elaborated.

"A demon?" Sam asked, incredulous. Dean reached over to grab his shirt.
"You know for sure?" Sam asked.

"A demon? What's he saying?" Dean asked. He put his shirt over his head, now clothed.

"You know where it is?" Sam asked, still not answering dean's questions.
"Let us help." He said into the phone.
"Why not?" He asked, confused.

"Give me the phone." Dean told him, stretching his arm out, beckoning Sam to pass the phone.

"Names? What names, dad?" Sam asked.
"Talk to me. Tell me what's going on." He pleaded.

"No. All right?" Sam firmly said.
"No way." He added, shaking his head.

"Give me the phone." Dean ordered Sam. When Sam didn't give him the phone, Dean snatched it.
"Dad, it's me." Dean stated.
"Where are you?" He asked.
"Yes, sir. Uh...yeah, I got a pen." Dean said, sitting up completely, reaching over the mini table to grab a pen and a piece of paper.

"What are the names?" Dean asked.

Night
The Road

Sam was driving, Dean was in the passenger seat, while I was in the back with Violet and Eddie. They were listening to music; Eddie with my Walkman and Violet with her iPod.

"All right, so the names your dad gave us, they're all couples?" I asked.

"Three different couples all went missing." Dean confirmed.

"And they're all from different towns, different states?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, that's right. Washington, New York, and Colorado. Each couple took a road trip cross-country." Dean clarified.
"None of them arrived at their destination. None of them were ever heard from again." He added.

"Well, it's a big country, Dean." Sam stated.
"They could have disappeared anywhere." He added.

"Yeah, they could have, but each one's route took them through the same part of Indiana...always on the second week of April. One year after another after another." Dean opposed.

"This is the second of week of April." I told him.

"Yep." Dean replied.

"So dad is sending us to Indiana to go hunting for something before another couple vanishes?" Sam asked.

"Yahtzee." Dean said.
"Can you imagine putting together a pattern like this? The different orbits-dad had to go through-the man's a master." He added, amazed.

I felt the car slow down making me look at Sam in confusion.

"What are you doing?" Dean asked Sam, confused as to why he's stopping the car.

"We're not going to Indiana." Sam stated.

"We're not?" I asked, puzzled.

"No, we're going to California." Sam told us.
"Dad called from a pay phone-Sacramento area code." He explained.

"Sam." Dean said.

"Dean, if this demon killed mom, Eddie's bio-parents, and Jess and dad's closing in, we got to be there. We've got to help." Sam stated.

"Dad doesn't want our help." Dean reminded him.

"Well, I don't care." Sam remarked.

"He's given us an order." Dean told him.

"I don't care." Sam firmly stated.
"We don't always have to what he says." He added.

"Sam, dad is asking us to work jobs, to save lives. It's important." Dean countered.

"All right, I understand. Believe me, I understand. But I'm talking one week here, man, to get answers." Sam said.
"To get revenge." He added.

"All right, look, I know how you feel." Dean told him.

"Do you?" Sam asked, irked. Dean's face dropped.
"How old were you when mom died-4?" Sam asked.
"Jess died six months ago. How the hell would you know how I feel?" He asked.

"Because three months ago, Elle died. And I know she came back but it still haunts me." Dean told Sam, I looked at Dean with confusion, not knowing it haunts him.
"Besides dad said it wasn't safe for any of us." He added causing Sam to shake his head.

"I mean he obviously knows something that we don't. So if he says to stay away, we stay away." Dean sternly stated.

"I don't understand the blind faith you have in the man. I mean, it's like you don't even question him." Sam said, bothered.

"Yeah, it's called being a good son." Dean snapped. Oh shit. Sam just stared at him before getting out of the car. Dean sighed as he got out of the car as well.

"Son of a bitch." I muttered, I went to open my door but I was stopped.

"You know...not wanting to get involved means don't get involved." I heard Violet say making me turn my head towards.

"I made a promise to their mother's spirit. I don't break my promises." I told her, before getting out of the car.

"Yes, it is." I heard Dean say.

"Okay. Let's hear what Dani thinks." Sam said, making them look at my direction.

"Oh my god." I scoffed in annoyance.
"Are we back to this?" I asked Sam.

"Yeah, we're back to this." Sam replied.
"So, what's it gonna be? Me or Dean? Going or staying." He asked.

"Let me think about it, hmm...neither. And I'm staying so should you." I told him.

"Welp, we got our answer. You're siding with Dean." Sam said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm not siding with him." I argued, shaking my head.
"I just think it's pretty selfish that you want to find your dad so you can get your revenge and not want to help the next couple that steps foot in Indiana." I added, walking up to them.

"Look, she even agrees with you." Sam told Dean whom rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"I don't know what he said and if it's close to what i said. Buddy, I'm not agreeing with him. It's the truth." I state, nodding my head.

Sam scoffed,
"Well, this selfish bastard is going to California." He stated before he started to walk away. I walked next to Dean as we watched Sam.

"Come on, you're not serious." Dean said, loudly.

"I am serious." Sam told him as he continued to walk.

"It's the middle of the night!" I exclaimed.

"Hey, I'm taking off. I will leave your ass, you hear me?!" Dean shouted. Sam stopped and turned to us.

"That's what I want you to do." Sam stated. We just stared one another before Dean broke it.

"Goodbye, Sam." Dean abruptly said, closing the trunk before going to the drivers seat, he stared at Sam once more before going inside.

"Safe travels, Sammy boy." I mocked, going to walk away but I stopped and faced Sam again.

"I'm always Switzerland. And the one time I wasn't, it was for you. Let me refresh your memory.
"Before you left for college, you and John were having that screaming match. Scaring Eddie who clung onto Dean. Dean was so in shock that he couldn't move or speak, just held onto Eddie as he watched you two go at it.
But me-the one time I picked a side-it was for you. I stood by you, I defended you against John who by the way said some nasty things to me 'cause I got involved." I told him.

"And where did that get me? Oh, that's right. I was stuck taking care of  everyone else but me. That's how selfless I am, I have to make sure everyone around me is happy before I can take care of myself." I concluded, feeling unshed tears. 
"So why don't you go and find another best friend while you're at it since I'm such a bad one!" I yelled at him before going to the passenger seat.

I took deep breaths, to calm down as Dean started the car. We drove away from Sam.

The Next Day
Burkittsville, Indiana

We arrived at Burkittsville, Dean pulled the car to a stop. I watched as he pulled out his phone, flipping it open. Dean stared at it, contemplating. He glanced at me before shutting his phone, putting it back in his pocket.

We got out of the impala, I walked over to the back, taking the Walkman off of Eddie, gently shaking him. He opened his eyes and looked around, distorted. I ushered him out of the car along with Violet.
All of us made our way to Scotty's cafe, a man was sitting outside on a chair.

"Let me guess, Scotty?" Dean asked. The man looked up at the sign before looking at Dean.

"Yep." The man, Scotty, confirmed.

"Hi, my name is John Bonham, my fiancé Pat Phillips, and our children; Zoë and Jason Bonham." Dean introduced us to Scotty.

"Isn't that the drummer from Led Zeppelin and his family?" Scotty asked Dean.

"Wow. Good." Dean said, surprised Scotty knew who that was.
"Classic rock fan." He chuckled.

"What can I do for you, John?" Scotty asked Dean.

"I was wondering if you've seen these people, by chance." Dean said as took out the missing person fliers and gave it to Scotty. Scotty looked at the fliers before looking up at us.

"Nope. Who are they?" Scotty asked.

"Friends of ours." I replied.
"They went missing about a year ago. They passed through somewhere around here. I mean, I've already asked around Scottsburg and Salem." I informed him.

"Sorry." Scotty said, giving the fliers back to us.
"We don't get many strangers around here." He added. Dean and I stared at Scotty for a minute.

"Scotty, you got a smile that lights up a room. Anybody ever tell you that?" Dean asked. Scotty just gave Dean a blank look making Dean chuckle,
"Never mind. See you around." He bid, awkwardly.

We walked away from Scotty and back to the impala.

As Dean was driving, something started to make noise causing Dean and i to share a confused look. Since the kids were listening to music they couldn't hear it.

"You mind getting that?" Dean asked me, I nodded my head. I took off my seatbelt, turning around and reached into dean's duffle bag.

"Dean." I lightly scolded as I felt him pull the car over and graze my butt cheek. Thankfully the kids were busy with their music.

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself." Dean sheepishly admitted, taking his hand off my rear. I smiled as I subtly shook my head, I grabbed the E.M.F. and saw this was making the noise.

I sat back in my seat, the E.M.F. was going off like crazy, Dean took the E.M.F. from me and we exchanged a look.

I turned around and smacked Violet's leg making her take out her earphones.

"What?" Violet asked, confused.

"The E.M.F. is going off, Dean and I are going to check it out. Stay here and stay alert, okay?" I told her, she nodded her head.

Dean and I got out of the car and walked into the orchard. We looked around but saw leaves and apples on the ground. Dean tapped my arm making me look at him. He gestured in front of us, I looked to see the creepiest scarecrow. We walked up to the scarecrow and stared up at it.

"Dude. You're fugly." Dean commented, I nodded my head in agreement. I analyzed the scarecrow and noticed something on its arm.

"Dean." I said, turning to him.

Dean let out a "Hmm" as he looked at me.

"Can I have the flier of the missing guy?" I asked. He took out the flier and gave it to me. I grabbed the ladder behind us, placing in front of the scarecrow, I climbed up enough and looked at the scarecrow's face for a second before I moved the sleeve of the arm revealing the familiar mark. Opening up the flier, I glanced at the guy's tattoo then I looked at the scarecrow's arm.

"Nice tat." I state, looking at the scarecrow's face before I climbed down the ladder.

We drove up to the gas station, parking the impala, Dean and I got out.

"You guys are back." The townie girl stated.

"Never left." Dean told her.

"You still looking for your friends?" She asked us.

"You mind filling it up, there, Emily?" Dean politely asked, glancing at her necklace. Emily smiled at us, grabbing the pump.

"So, did you grow up here?" I asked her, starting conversation. Emily put the pump in the fuel filler before she stood up.

"I came here when I was 13." Emily told me making me nod.
"I lost my parents-car accident. My aunt and uncle took me in." She added.

"They're nice people." Dean pipped up into our conversation.

"Everybody's nice here." Emily replied, smiling.

"So, what, it's the perfect little town?" Dean asked.

"You know, it's the boonies, but I love it. I mean, the town's around us, people are losing their homes, their farms." Emily told us.
"But here...it's almost like we're blessed." She added. Dean and I nodded, taking this information in.

"Hey, you been out to the orchard? Seen that scarecrow?" I asked her.

Emily sighed,
"Yeah, it creeps me out." She stated, I nodded my head in agreement.

I chuckled,
"Whose is it?" I asked.

"I don't know. It's just always been there." Emily said.

"That your aunt and uncle's?" Dean asked, nodding to the red car behind her. Emily looked at the car before looking back at us.

"Customer-they had some car troubles." Emily answered.

"It's not a couple, is it-a guy and a girl?" I asked her.

"Mm-hmm." Emily confirmed, nodding her head. Dean and I looked at each other in realization as we slowly nodded our heads.

Scotty's Cafe

Dean opened the door for Violet, Eddie and I letting it go as we were inside the cafe.

"Hiya, Scotty." Dean greeted as Scotty's face dropped as he looked at our direction.
"Can I get a coffee-black? Three hot chocolates?" Dean asked as we made our to a table, Scotty walked away and I smiled at the couple before us, sitting next to their table.

"Mmm. Oh, and some of that pie too, while you're at it." I said, loudly, so Scotty can hear me.

"How you doing? Just passing through?" Dean asked the couple, trying start a conversation. They stopped and looked at us.

"Road trip." The female stated.

"Mmm." Dean let out, nodding his head.

"Yeah, us too. Family road trip." I added, the male nodded his head. Scotty came back, refilling their drinks.

"I'm sure these people want to eat in peace." Scotty told us. I can tell he didn't like us that much.

"Just a little friendly conversation." Dean stated. Scotty gave us a look before walking away.

"Oh, and the coffee, and hot chocolates, too." I spoke up, Scotty nodded his head.
"Thanks." I added.

"So, what brings you to town?" Dean asked the couple.

"We just stopped for gas, and the guy at the gas station saved our lives." The female answered.

"Is that right?" I asked, faux shock.

"Yeah, one of our brake lines was leaking. We had no idea. He's fixing it for us." The male informed us.

"Nice people." I said with a fake smile.

"Yeah." The male muttered, nodding his head as he turned to eat his meal.

"So, how long until you're up and running?" Dean asked.

"Sundown." The male replied.

"Really?" Dean asked, exchanging a look with me.
"To fix a break line?" He asked, leaning towards them, puzzled.

"Mm-hmm." The male let out as he was confused by Dean's question.

"Now, I know a thing or two about cars. I could probably have you up and running in about an hour and wouldn't charge you anything." Dean told them. They stopped eating to look at him.

"You know, thanks a lot. But I think we'd have a mechanic do it." The female told him.

"Sure." Dean said. They smiled before they continued to eat.
"You know, it's just that the roads, they're not real safe at night." He said, they stopped eating and turned to him.

"I'm sorry?" The female asked, confused.

"I know it sounds strange. But, uh, you might be in danger." Dean told them. They dropped their silverware as they were uncomfortable.

"We're trying to eat here, okay?" The male stated.

"Yeah, sorry about him." I said, smiling apologetically. They nodded as they went back to eating.

"You know, my brother could give you this puppy-dog look, and you'd just buy right into it." Dean stated, reminiscent as he looked down. I put my hand on top of his, gently squeezing. He looked up at me and gave me a small smile.

"Thanks for coming, sheriff." We heard Scotty say, we looked to the front to see the sheriff which made us lean back and stop pestering the couple beside us.

"I'd like a word, please." The sheriff said as he walked up to our table.

"Come on, we're having a bad day already." Dean groaned. The sheriff placed his hands on the table and looked at us.

"You don't want to make it worse. Especially in front of the children." The sheriff stated, looking at us with a warning look in his eyes.

The sheriff made us drive out of Burkittsville as he followed to make sure. Once we were out, he turned around and drove away.

Night

I was outside of the impala, by the orchid as I wait for Dean to return with the couple from earlier. I heard footsteps coming my way making me tense and tightly grasp onto my shotgun. Not that long the couple rushed towards me with Dean behind them, I stood next to Dean as we aimed our shotguns in front of us.

"What?" The guy asked, confused. I stood next to Dean as we aimed forward.
"What-what the hell was that?" He asked.

"Don't ask." Dean told them.

The Next Day

We dropped the kids off at a motel before we hit the road.

Dean had called Sam while he drove, I stayed silent; not wanting to talk to Sam, still bitter. I just listened to the one sided conversation.

"Hey, I'm telling you, Burkittsville, Indiana-fun town." Dean sarcastically said.

"No. I can cope without you, you know. I still have Elle." Dean told him.

"No, it's more than a spirit. It's a god-a pagan god, anyway." Dean stated.
"The annual cycle of its killings, and the fact that the victims are always a man and a woman, like some kind of fertility rite." He explained.

"And you should see the locals. The way they treated this couple-fattening them up like a Christmas turkey." Dean added.

"Yeah, Elle and I are thinking a ritual sacrifice to appease some pagan god. And for another year, the crops won't wilt and disease won't spread." Dean said.
"No, not yet." He added.

"I know. We're actually on our way to a local community college. We got an appointment with a college professor." Dean told him.
"You know since we don't have our trusty sidekick geek boy to do all the research." He added.

"I'm not hinting anything." Dean stated.
"Actually, uh...I want you to know...I mean, don't think-" Dean cut himself off, awkwardly trying to apologize.

"Sam...you were right. You got to do your own thing. You got to live your own life." Dean told him making me really pay attention to him.
"You've always known what you want, and you go after it. I mean you stand up to dad, you always have. Hell, I wish I...anyway...I admire that about you. I'm proud of you, Sammy." He added.

"Say you'll take care of yourself." Dean said.

"Call me when you find dad." Dean bid, hanging up the phone, putting it in his jacket pocket before resting his hand on the gear stick. I grabbed his hand, interlocking our fingers, pulling them towards and landed a kiss on his hand before I placed them on my lap. 

"It's not every day I get a research question on pagan idolatry." The professor said as we followed him, going downstairs.

Dean chuckled,
"Yeah, well, call it a hobby." He told the professor.

"But you said you two were interested in local lore?" The professor asked.
I let out an "mm-hmm."

"I'm afraid Indiana isn't really known for its pagan worship." The professor stated.

"What if it was important? You know, like the pilgrims brought their religion over. Wasn't a lot of this area settled by immigrants?" Dean asked as we made our way to the library, the professor made a sound of agreement.

"Like that town near here, Burkittsville-where are their ancestors from?" I asked.

"Uh, Northern Europe, I believe. Scandinavia." The professor answered.

"What could you tell me about those pagan gods?" I asked.

"Well, there are hundreds of Norse gods and goddesses." The professor replied.

"We're actually looking for one-might live in a orchard." Dean told him, making the professor stop and look at us.

The professor placed a big book on the table and opened it up.

"A woods god. Well, let's see." The professor muttered, taking out his reading glasses. He flipped two pages and there was a picture of a scarecrow.

"Wait, wait, wait. What's that one?" Dean asked, pointing to the picture of the scarecrow.

"That's not a woods god, per se." the professor stated.

"The Vanir?" I asked, looking up at the professor to make sure I was pronouncing it right, he nodded his head.
""The Vanir we're Norse gods of protection and prosperity, keeping the local settlements safe from harm. The villagers built effigies of the Vanir in little fields. Other villages practiced human sacrifices, one male and one female.""
I real aloud.

"It kind of looks like a scarecrow, huh?" Dean asked.

"Well, I suppose." The professor replied as he chuckled.

""This particular Vanir, it's energy sprung from a sacred tree?"" I read, confused.

"Well, pagans believed all sorts of things were infused with magic." The professor explained.

"So, what would happen if the scared tree was torched? Do you think it would kill the god?" Dean asked the professor.

The professor chuckled,
"Son, these are just legends we're discussing here." He said, grasping Dean by his arm.

"Oh, of course. Yeah, your right." Dean said.

"Listen, thank you very much." I told the professor.

"Glad I could help." The professor stated, as he shook Dean's hand.

"All right." Dean said, we both walked to the door, opening the door, there stood the sheriff. He hit Dean in the face with the butt of his shotgun, knocking him out. Before I can do anything, something was slammed against the back of my head then darkness engulfed my vision.

I woke up, groaning as I sat up, clutching my head.

"Hey, you good?" I heard Dean ask, I looked up to see him standing in front of me, holding his hand out. I grasped his hand, he helped me up.

"No." I grunted.
"My head is killing me." I added, pulling my hand back, there was blood on my fingers.

"Great." I muttered, annoyed.

"We'll get that stitched up." Dean said. I noticed we were in a root cellar.

Just then the door opened making us look up to see a distressed Emily, the sheriff, and her aunt and uncle were there.

"Aunt Stacy...uncle Harley, please." Emily begged them as she was crying. I was confused and concerned why they brought her down here. Her uncle forced her down here with us, he stared at us before he walked out.
"Why are you doing this?" Emily asked them.

"For the common good." Stacy replied, monotonously. She shut the door on us.

"I don't understand they're gonna kill us?" Emily asked us, after she calmed down and we told her what was really going on.

"No, they're gonna sacrifice me and Dean because we fit the pattern, we're a couple." I corrected her.
"You...I don't know." I added. Dean stopped ramming the root cellar door and looked at her.

"Which is, I don't know, classier, I guess." Dean added. Emily looked down with a crestfallen expression.

"You really didn't know anything about this...did you?" I asked as Dean climbed down the steps and stood next to me.

"About what-the scarecrow god?" Emily asked, Dean and I just gave her a sympathy look.
"I can't believe this." She added, looking away from us.

"Well, you better start believing 'cause we're gonna need your help." Dean told her.

"Okay." Emily replied as she looked at us.

"Now, we can destroy the scarecrow, but we gotta find the tree." I state, crossing my arms.

"What tree?" Emily asked, puzzled.

"Maybe you can help us with that." Dean stated.

"It would be really old. The locals would treat it with a lot of respect, like it was sacred." I said to her.

"There was this one apple tree. The immigrants brought it over with them. They call it "the first tree." Emily told us.

"Is it in the orchard?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, but I don't know where." Emily stated.

Suddenly, the doors opened making us look up to see Scotty, Stacy, Harley, and the sheriff. They just stared at us until Stacy broke it,

"It's time." She stated. Emily looked at us, tearfully.

"I just got one question." I spoke up causing them to look at me.
"What are you gonna do to Emily?" I asked.

"The more the merrier." Scotty told me causing Emily to choke on a sob.

"You can't do that. It'll mess up the pattern you guys have been doing." I protested.
"And you want to know what happens when you mess up a pattern? Things get ugly and it just doesn't work in your favor." I added.  They exchanged looks before the sheriff nodded his head.

"All right. She'll stay here." The sheriff said, I looked at Emily to see her looking gratefully at me while she released a shaky sigh. I gave her a small smile before it dropped as I looked up at them.

I was being tied up to a tree that was a few inches across from Dean. Harley was tying me with Stacy as Scotty and the sheriff were tying up Dean.

"How many people have you killed, sheriff? How much blood is on your hands?" Dean asked, trying to guilt trip him.

"We don't kill them." The sheriff told him.

"No, you're sacrificing them which is inevitably killing them." I piped up causing the sheriff to look at me.

"What she said. And you sure cover up after." Dean stated making the sheriff look back at him.
"I mean how many cars have you hidden or clothes have you buried?" He asked. The sheriff grabbed his shotgun directing it at Dean which made him shut up.

"You know...as a mother and father figure, I'd like to believe you guys have some kind of humanity. You'd be making our children orphans." I told Harley and Stacy. Hoping I'd able to guilt trip them.

"I'm sorry but this has to happen." Harley told me. I scoffed as I shook my head.

"Try to understand. It's our responsibility and there's just no other choice." Stacy said, trying to defend themselves.

"There's a choice. There's always a choice. You're just picking the wrong one and shame on you for that." I preached to them.

"This town needs to be saved. The good of many outweighs the good of two." Stacy added before they started walking away.

"I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it!" Dean exclaimed, watching them walk away from us.

"Well, guilt tripping didn't work." I murmured.
"So, what's the plan?" I asked Dean.

"I'm working on it." Dean told me.

"Best birthday ever." I sarcastically said.

Hours later
Night

"You don't have a plan, do you?" I rhetorically asked Dean.

"I'm working on it." Dean told me.
"Can you see?" He asked.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Is he moving yet?" Dean elaborated.

"I can't see him." I sighed after I tried to look for it. We heard footsteps coming our way making me tense up with apprehension.
"Oh my god. Oh my god! This is how we go!" I exclaimed. I closed my eyes, wriggling my wrists, trying to loosen the rope.

"Dean?" I heard Sam's voice.

"Mom?" I heard Violet and Eddie's voice.

I opened my eyes to see Sam, Violet, and Eddie in front of us. Dean and I sighed in relief.

"I take back everything, I said." Dean stated as Sam went to untie his ropes while the kids went to me.
"I'm so happy to see you. Come on." He added.

"How did guys even get here?" I asked, curious.

"I, uh...stole a car and I saw Violet and Eddie hijacking." Sam answered. Dean and I laughed at his answer.

"That's my boy." Dean said.

"Keep an eye on that scarecrow. It could come alive any minute." I state, pulling the ropes off.

"What scarecrow?" Eddie asked, I swiftly stood up along with Dean, we walked up to see the scarecrow indeed wasn't on its post. We exchanged looks.

"Now , this sacred tree you're talking about. Let's find it and burn it." Sam said as all of us were running.

"In the morning. Let's just shag ass before leatherface catches up." Dean said. Light was shined on us causing us to stop and look to see Harley with a shotgun and Stacy with a flashlight.

"This way." I said, going to turn around but we were surrounded by Scotty, the sheriff and deputies. We heard growling indicating that the scarecrow was coming.

"Please, let us go." I told them, looking at Stacy and Harley.

"It will be over quickly. I promise." Harley "reassured" me.

"Please." I begged, hugging Eddie to me.

"You have to let him take you. You have to-"
Harley was cut off by getting stabbed in the chest making Stacy and Eddie scream in fright. I picked him up, bringing him closer to me as I cradled his head, I could feel Dean hugging us to him. The scarecrow took Harley and Stacy and dragged them further into the orchard.

"Let's go." Dean said, ushering all of us to run out of the orchard.

When we got out, we looked back at the orchard, breathing heavily.

The Morning
The Orchard

After letting Emily out of the root cellar and we went to the motel and slept.
Now, Emily was leading us to where this scared tree was. We stopped and saw a tree that had a sigil of sorts on it, Sam walked up to the tree and started pouring gasoline on it. Dean grabbed a big stick snd lit it on fire.

"Let me." Emily said, Dean and I looked at her.

"You know, the whole town is gonna die." Dean told her as she grabbed the stick from him.

"Good." Emily replied, walking up the tree, Sam walked back and stood next to us. Emily tossed the stick on the ground and set the free aflame.

We watched as the tree burned. I turned around, grabbing Eddie's hand, walking a few spaces so the others couldn't hear us.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked as I knelt down to his height.

"Yeah." Eddie said, nodding his head. I stared at him, unsure.

"It's okay to be scared. It's okay to not be okay. I would do anything to make sure you didn't have to see that." I told him.

"They were bad, they tried to kill you and dad. So-I'm okay, I might be a little freaked out but as long as I have you and dad I'm okay." Eddie said.

"Come here." I muttered, bringing him in for a hug.

Bus Stop

We dropped Emily at the bus stop, when she hopped on the bus, she looked at us with a small smile. Dean and I waved at her, she waved back before walking further into the bus.
Sam, Dean, Violet, Eddie, and I watched as the bus backed up and started to drive away.

"You think she's gonna be alright?" Sam asked.

"I hope so." Dean answered.

"And the rest of the townspeople-they'll just get away with it?" Violet asked.

"What will happen to the town will have to be punishment enough." I muttered.

"So...can I drop you off somewhere?" Dean asked Sam as we made our way to the impala. I had Eddie's hand in mine as we walked.

"No, I think you're stuck with me." Sam stated.

"What made you change your mind?" Dean asked, standing in front of Sam.

"I didn't. I still want to find dad and you're still a pain in the ass." Sam replied.
"But Jess and mom...they're both gone. Dad is gone knows where. You and me...we're all that's left. So, uh, if we're gonna see this through...we're gonna do it together." He added. Dean nodded his head as he stared at Sam.

"And I'm sorry, Dani. You were right. My anger got the best of me and I said some things that weren't true. Also you're not a bad best friend, you've been there for me whenever I needed you to be and I really missed you." Sam apologized as he looked at me.
"Can you forgive me?" He asked, giving me those damn puppy eyes.

"I missed you too...giraffe." I said, we chuckled at the nickname.

"Hold me, Sam. That was beautiful. Come on." Dean teased, grabbing his shoulder which Sam pushed Dean's hand off. We chuckled some more.

"You both should be Kissing my ass. You guys were dead meat." Sam bragged.

"Kissing our asses." Violet corrected as she gestured to her and Eddie.

"Yeah, right. I had a plan. I'd have gotten out." Dean retorted, opening the door and getting in the drivers seat and starting the car.

"No, he wouldn't have." I replied, shaking my head. I opened the door for Violet and Eddie, I got in after they did then Sam got in the passenger seat.

We got the hell out of Indiana

A Motel in Iowa

When Dean pulled up to the motel and we all got of the impala. Dean pulled me back as everyone went inside.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Close your eyes." Dean told me.

"What? Why?" I asked, puzzled and amused.

"Just close 'em." Dean said with a small smile, I stared at him for a minute before closing my eyes with a sigh.
I heard him walking away from me and opening the car door.

"No peaking." Dean sang causing me to quirk my lips.

"I'm not." I said, chuckling. I heard him close the door and walk up to me.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now." Dean told me. I opened my eyes to see Dean standing in front of me with his hands behind his back.

"What's up?" I asked, puzzled.

"Nothing's up." Dean replied, pursing his lips.

"I don't know...that smile you're trying to hide says different." I pointed out to him which made him clear his throat, forcing his smile down.

"Here." Dean muttered, taking his arm away from his back and stretching it out to me, I looked down to see a bracelet in his hand. All humour slowly died down as a warm feeling swelled up inside my chest.

"You didn't..." I trailed off, looking up at him.

"I did." Dean stated, shrugging his shoulders with a sheepish grin.
"Happy birthday...I know I'm a day late but we were a little tied up." He added.

"How did you even get this without me noticing?" I asked, confused.

"Magic." Dean teased making me give him a look.
"Okay, on a serious note, do you um...like it?" He asked. I looked at the bracelet before looking back at him.

"Dean, I don't like it." I said with a blank look.

"Oh. Uh...this is awkward..." Dean trailed off as his face slowly dropped, scratching the back of his head.

"I love it." I told him with a soft smile which brought a smile back to his face.

"Oh, thank god." Dean sighed in relief.

"Put it on me, would you?" I asked, stretching my wrist out towards him. He said nothing as he attached the bracelet onto my wrist.
"Thank you." I said, bringing him in for a hug, he hugged me back.

Pulling back, I pecked his lips before we made our way inside the motel.

~~~

Author's note: don't forget to vote and comment

What did y'all think of this chapter?

I don't like when Sam, Dean and Elle fight; it breaks my heart ):

small deaniella content 🥰

Eddie being the most maturest and down to earth kid ever  🥺

Elle's birthday is April 13th

Dean giving Elle a birthday present I-🥺

This is what it looks like btw

( pretend it says Elle )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 64 8
The Winchesters have successfully retrieved their father and sister back, but their sister is different and they all know it. Faith learns to control...
23K 637 23
Your a 4 year old girl playing when all of a sudden your father gets killed by a unknown creature you are yet to discover at this young age. A man wi...
107 8 12
Bobby has a daughter named Olivia. What happens when this hunters daughter and the bestfriend of dean Winchester falls I love with a powerful demon...
529 38 7
When fate leads Arabella to the Winchesters, there's one thing she can't let herself do: fall in love. "And when she needs to shelter from reality...