Petal [h.s.]

By alisonfelix

[Completed] [MATURE CONTENT] [TW: Mentions of drug abuse and self-harm] "When I met her, I told myself 'no f... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (*)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (*)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (*)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 (*)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (*)
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (*)
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (*)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 (*)
Chapter 43 (*)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 (*)
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51 (*)
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 (*)
Chapter 56 (*)
Chapter 57 (*)
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78 (*)
Chapter 79
Chapter 80 (*)
Chapter 81
Chapter 82 (*)
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85 (*)
Chapter 86 (*)
Chapter 87 (*)
Chapter 88
Chapter 89 (*)
Chapter 90
Chapter 91 (*)
Chapter 92
Chapter 93 (*)
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97 (*)

Chapter 98

7.1K 162 160
By alisonfelix

Violet.

- Five months later || May -

"Are you excited to see me?" Harry's voice was a little cracked on the other end of the line, and I nibbled on my lip as I pressed my phone to my ear. Eleanor was working her voodoo on my hair as I sat in the chair and a glass of champagne was in my free hand.

I stared at the green ring on my finger before letting out a breath, "I'm very excited."

"Shit, petal, I can hardly hear you, horrible cell reception here." Harry complained and I chuckled at the stupidity of this. We were literally in the same building, just in different rooms.

"I know. But hey, we'll see each other soon enough, right?"

Harry hummed, "I'll see you in an hour, love."

"Bye. I'll be the one in white." I smiled before ending the call. I looked at myself in the mirror, seeing Eleanor behind me with a concentrated frown on her forehead, "You're hair is very thin."

"I know." I sighed, "Look, if it doesn't work, it's fine. I can just wear it down like always, doesn't have to be anything special."

Eleanor scowled at me through the mirror, "Come on, your dress has got such a nice back! If you wear your hair down it'll just cover it all!"

"It'll also cover the burn scar." I muttered under my breath, taking a tiny sip of champagne. I had hardly drank any of it since I was honestly too nervous and my stomach had been protesting for days now.

Who knew that getting married was such a nerve wrecking experience.

I wasn't even sure what I was nervous about. My fingers tapped anxiously on the full glass as my mind was racking over everything that could go wrong today. I was thinking about the flowers, the music, the weather, the food...

"Vi, will you relax." Abby rolled her eyes from the couch, enjoying her alcohol as she twirled a strand of hair around her finger, "You look like you're about to vomit."

"I feel like I'm about to vomit." I sighed, searching for eye contact with Eleanor through the mirror, "Were you this nervous on your wedding day?"

She chuckled and shrugged her shoulders, "Not really. Here, hold Arlo for a little, babies always calm people down." She turned around for a bit before bending down and grabbing little Arlo out of his stroller. She popped him up on her arm before bringing him over to me, and I happily accepted the baby as he rested on my arm.

I was in a white robe still so it didn't really matter if he got poop or spit on me. As long as my dress was safe, I was happy. I smiled involuntary when the little boy laid in my arm. He was literally the chillest baby ever.

Eleanor ended up giving birth a couple of days before Harry's birthday. She was a little early, but mom and baby were both healthy so he didn't have to stay in the hospital. After long contemplation, Louis and Eleanor decided to make Ian the godfather of this baby while Eleanor's mother was the godmother.

Harry had been pissed about that, but it hadn't stopped him from getting the little man's name tattooed on his arm. Ian and I had both cringed a little at the name since it reminded us of the former RSP-resident, named Arlo. The connection to him was soon forgotten though as there was only one Arlo left in my life, and it was the baby in my arms.

Eleanor was right. It calmed me down immediately to feel the warmth of his little body resting on me. His eyes were closed and he was sucking on his pacifier. The thin layer of hair on his head just begged to be stroked, softer than silk as I ran the tip of my finger over his little face. He radiated pure love, and all of us had been completely obsessed with him ever since his birth.

There was a knock on the door and Ian appeared, shaking his hair out, "Hey, Harry asked me to come check on you."

"Is it raining?" I frowned, glancing outside after seeing Ian's wet hair. He rolled his lips inside his mouth, "Just a little drizzle."

"It's fine." I chuckled, "I don't mind. Rain isn't the end of the world."

I could tell Ian was doing everything in his power not to upset me on this day, as if I was some insane bridezilla who would go off at the weather. We lived in England after all, sunny days were scarce around here. As long as it wasn't full on storming, I'd take what I could get.

There was sun shining though, so that was nice.

Harry and I decided to get married at the same estate as Liam and Isobel had gotten married at a couple of months before. It was a more wooded area and just felt more like us. During Liam and Isobel's wedding in November, the leaves had been orange and yellow. Now it was May, and there were white and pink blossoms on those very same trees.

The wedding itself was going to be outside even though it was very cold for a May day. I didn't care. My skin would be blazing with fire the second I'd see Harry, I just knew it.

Nerves flew wildly around my stomach as I kept my focus on little Arlo. Ian walked over and pecked his head before squeezing my shoulder, "How are you doing? That thing in your hair looks nice."

Eleanor whacked his shoulder, "That thing in her hair just took me about an hour!"

"Hey, I don't know the names of stuff like that!" He defended with his hands up, "It looks good.". I smiled at their bickering, but then my eyes dropped down to Ian's tie, "Honestly, Ian... Have you still not learned how to do your tie?"

"Stay in your chair," Abby ordered me as she got up to her feet and approached us, "I'll do the tie, you keep looking at the baby."

It was the weirdest form of therapy to stare at the newborn in my arms. Abby fixed up Ian's tie before Eleanor squeezed my shoulders from behind me, "It's all done, I think. Do you like it?"

I looked at myself in the mirror again, tilting my head to the side to see the messy low bun she had created. A few strands of dark brown hair framed my face. A smile tugged on my lips as I nodded, "It looks amazing, El. Thank you."

Abby had taken it upon herself to do my make-up, and I looked like the best version of myself with the subtle brown eyeshadow on my lids and the thinnest eyeliner I had ever seen. Abby had a knack for that, and I was glad because my hands were shaking too much to ever do a line like that myself.

"Okay." Abby sighed, "Let's get you changed and then it's pictures and then it's wedding time."

"Oooo, the dress." Ian excitedly clapped his hands as he sat down on the couch like a little kid waiting for candy. Abby frowned at him, "You can't see her in her dress."

"Why not? I'm not the groom! I want to see."

I chuckled, "It's fine, you can see. I'll just be a minute."

The day honestly felt like an out of body experience, and I wondered if I would have my own little Twilight moment.

I wondered if I too would forget all the nerves the second I saw Harry. I wondered if the mere sight of him would calm me down and make me enjoy this whole day. Because so far, it hadn't been a walk in the park.

I had just been a nervous wreck the whole time and I couldn't even help myself.

Isobel was rocking Arlo on her arm while Abby refilled her glass, and Eleanor took the clothing bag from the closet to follow me into the bathroom.

I had picked my dress out about two months earlier. Me, Abby, Eleanor, Isobel and Amelia had gone shopping together and I had tried on two dresses. The second one being this one. Everyone scolded me for not trying on more, but I didn't feel like I had to. This dress was everything to me, simple yet classy and beautiful. I felt like me in it, and it was only proved when literally everyone stared at me with tears in their eyes as I was inspecting myself in the mirror in the bridal shop.

When I saw the back, I hesitated a bit. It was low and showed skin, meaning my burn mark would be on display. But honestly, I had grown to accept it even more in these past few months. It was a part of me, it had been for over ten years now. And I was done running from it.

"God, you look so beautiful." Eleanor sniffed as she helped me with the zipper, smoothing the dress out over my shoulders and I smiled at her, "You think?"

She smiled widely as she tucked a piece of long brown hair behind her ear. Her diamond earring sparkled in the bright bathroom lights while she nodded, "Definitely. Harry's going to die when he sees you. You look so happy."

I pulled Eleanor in for a hug, inhaling her signature perfume as I held her tightly to me. I couldn't express enough gratitude to this woman. She had been there for me the second Harry took me to that first meeting and she had been nothing but nice ever since. These people had really taken me up in their little family without question. It had made me feel more at home than ever before in my life.

"Do you want any jewellery?" She asked once we pulled back, and she hastily wiped beneath her eyes to brush away a stray tear. I sniffed too and shook my head, "No, I have these little hoop earrings and then just my ring. I think I like it more simple like that."

Eleanor stepped out for a moment to announce my entrance very dramatically, and I was blushing already at the idea that all these people would be looking at me. I took a deep breath and checked myself in the mirror once more. I really looked like myself, which is exactly what I wanted. But in the best way. Nothing about this look was extravagant or crazy, but it was very me. And I hoped Harry liked it as much as I did.

He had been begging me for details about my dress for weeks now, and I had sternly denied him each time. The only thing I said was that it was white. I even kept it at Abby's house so he wouldn't go snooping during the night.

My heart ached to see him though. Last night I hadn't closed an eye, being in a separate room from him. We had been up texting until the early hours until eventually sneaking out of our rooms to meet up somewhere in the hallway for a quick kiss and hug. It was sappy and stupid, but it had made me fall asleep right after that even though I terribly missed the feeling of his arms around me.

The bed simply felt too big on my own and I looked forward to spending the night with him again tonight. We'd leave for our honeymoon on Monday. I had gotten two weeks off at Clarendale's for the wedding and Harry and I had rented a house somewhere in the South of France. I couldn't wait. I had saved up all of my vacation days for this. The weather there was incredible, and we'd walk around the côte d'Azur in the sun, hang out by the beach and drink fantastic wine in a gorgeous house.

Just the two of us. We had never taken an actual trip together.

"Vi, are you coming?" Eleanor called for me and I let out a breath, nodding to myself in the mirror, "Yes, I'll be right there."

I took a hold of the fabric of the dress, positioning it behind me a little so I wouldn't step on it, before exiting the room. Ian's face was the first I saw, and I nervously waited for his reaction. His jaw dropped.

He was the only one in the room who hadn't seen my dress yet, and I felt myself tearing up when I saw the water forming in his eyes, "Holy fuck." He muttered, "You look so beautiful."

I smiled widely, sniffing once as I looked down to see myself in the dress. It was a simple, classy dress in chiffon with loose fitting sleeves that reached beneath my elbows. It had a boat neck, covering me up modestly at the front, while the back was low and showed more skin. I paired it with nude coloured heels and had sneakers with me to change into for the dancing.

Abby was fanning at her eyes while Isobel had her palm pressed to her chest in awe upon seeing me. I giggled at their reactions, quickly growing shy beneath all the eyes that were on me, and I felt my nerves leaving my body as I finally reached for my champagne and took a few sips. I had hardly eaten anything these past few days from being that nervous.

The photographer soon arrived and me and the girls headed out into the woods to take pictures. Ian had gone back to the groomsmen suite where Harry was getting ready. I was so excited to see him, I simply couldn't wait. I had no idea what he was going to wear since he had been secretive about it as well, but I knew he was about to look extremely handsome. Like always.

We took pictures throughout the forest with the photographer. Out of the corner of my eye I could see the flower arch that was set up for us, waiting to get married beneath it. It was in front of the lake, wooden benches placed along the path that led up to it so the guests could sit down. It was still deserted by now, but guests would be arriving soon enough and then in about thirty minutes, me and Harry would be there too.

The actual wedding party was in more of a shed, so we'd be out of the rain and wind once the sun went down. That's where we'd all eat and then dance the night away.

The pictures were done and we headed back to the bridal suite, Abby on my arm as she helped me walk in the high heels. I stopped on my tracks when we walked up to the door, and my breath stopped mid-throat when I saw the man there that would give me away to Harry.

My brother.

James looked nervous to be out of Saint Mary's for the day. The judge had allowed him the permit to leave for one day to attend the wedding of his only remaining family member, me. Lennon accompanied him since he wasn't allowed out by himself, and she wore a cute floral dress with red heels.

He was wearing a suit, and it was fully different from seeing him in his usual clothes that he wore in Saint Mary's, which was the grey tracksuit that they all wore. He looked handsome in a dark blue fitted suit, and he cleared his throat uncomfortably upon seeing all the people.

I had been visiting James constantly in the past few months. With or without Harry, I was there every Sunday at the gates of Saint Mary's for our usual cup of coffee. We reminisced about the old days and I told him about my life, while he told me about the paintings he had created that week. I had let go of the past, of the hurt and the anger. I had a brother, and he was lovely. And I wanted a relation with him.

If James wouldn't have been allowed out, I'd have probably asked Ian to give me away. He was the closest thing I had to a brother since I didn't have a father to do that anymore.

I didn't know why I was so overcome with emotions from seeing James out and about in the open wide world. He had been nothing but perfect ever since we reconciled and it kept me up at night to know he'd be stuck at Saint Mary's for the rest of his life. I wished he could get out and live a life like we did. He deserved it.

"Hey, Vivi." He grinned when I came to a stop in front of him, hesitating slightly before hugging me. We hadn't shared many hugs, James and I. But this one was comforting and emotional. I sniffed into his neck as I held his shoulders, "Hi. I'm so glad you're here."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world, you're my baby sister and you're getting married! This is huge!" He exclaimed. I laughed at his words, quickly greeting Lennon before I introduced James to everyone. He obviously knew Abby already, but all the others were fresh faces for him.

"We'll see you at the aisle, Vi!" Isobel called after me as they all headed down to the flower arch and left me alone with James. Lennon allowed him this moment with me, allowed him that privacy. Strictly, she had to be by James' side the whole time, but she too walked up to the flower arch to wait for me. I wondered if Harry was there already, nervous like Louis had been while he waited for Eleanor to show up.

James took my hands in his and breathed out, his eyes glossing over when he really looked at me, "You look so beautiful, Vivi."

"Thank you." I sniffled with a smile, "I've been so nervous these past few days. I can't believe the day is here."

"Me neither." He sighed, "Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, I can't drive the getaway car but I'm sure I could find us someone." He joked and I laughed, shaking my head, "I'm sure. Very sure. Never been so sure of anything before."

James hesitated before he reached his hand up and cupped my cheek, tracing my cheekbone with this thumb, "I love you."

"I love you too." I mumbled, hugging him once more. We both pulled back with a breath and then nodded at one another. "Ready to get married for real this time?" James asked, handing me my bouquet. It was a simple one with mainly wild flowers from around the forest. I took it from him and tightly clutched it in my hand. His comment was a reference to me and Harry lying about our marital status we saw James again. 

I let out a short breath and nodded, "Ready as I'll ever be. I'm scared to fall."

"Those shoes look quite uncomfortable." He agreed as we started walking, "But don't worry. I've got you."

I smiled as my arm linked in his and we made our way down the path until I turned the corner and saw the flower arch and the people there. I focussed on my step for about ten more seconds before I looked up and immediately searched for Harry.

He was looking down, muttering something to himself as he pinched his brow, before Louis – who was next to him – whacked his arm and then pointed to me, making sure Harry was watching.

The second he saw me, his hand froze in mid air and his lips parted. I smiled widely when my eyes met his, and he immediately started crying. It made me chuckle to see him hastily wiping away the tears, until Louis handed him a handkerchief. Harry wore a sage green suit, which was very in theme with the location and the colour of my ring. He looked impeccable with his leather brown suspenders and fitted suit.

Walking up to the flower arch, I tightened my grip on James' arm as I kept my eyes strictly on Harry. I didn't even see any of the people we passed by, even though all my friends were here. All I heard was Ian's sobbing, and it felt harsh to think that I didn't even really care.

I just wanted to reach Harry, I just wanted to be in front of him. It's like I couldn't even get there quick enough and if I wasn't wearing those bloody heels, I would've ran. Everything inside of me screamed to be close to him.

The sense of relief that washed over me when I finally did, was huge. He was still sniffling, but we were close enough that I could smell his cologne and it made me feel comfortable instantly. Harry and James shook hands before James kissed my cheek and let go of me, sitting on the second row next to Lennon while Harry took my hand, wiping his eyes again.

"Hey." I breathed and he chuckled, "Fuck, you look... Ian said you looked stunning but this is... I'm..." He sighed, shaking his head to himself, "You're absolutely gorgeous, petal."

I blushed a little and smiled, squeezing his hand, "Thank you. You're absolutely gorgeous too."

Silent chuckles were heard around the crowd when I suddenly realized we weren't actually on our own. I was about to turn my head and see everyone, but my eyes were drawn to Harry's blazer. In the buttonhole of his suit jacket, were little violets.

The simple detail of adding that particular flower to his outfit, made my throat tight. He saw my look and hummed, "Couldn't really do this wedding without some violets by my side, could I?" He squeezed my hand again.

I lunged forward and cupped his cheek, pressing a short kiss to his lips which earned us laughter from the guests.

"Normally, that's the last part of the ceremony." The minister chuckled. I hadn't even noticed he was here yet, and I pulled away with pink cheeks as I bit my lip, "Right. Sorry."

Harry snickered at my move, but tightly squeezed my hand again and not letting me go. I turned around a little bit to hand my bouquet to Abby, who was my maid of honour and standing behind me. She had tears in her eyes as she took it from my hand, and then the ceremony started.

Honestly, most of it was a blur. Harry and I had decided beforehand to not go all out with our vows, but write them down and tell them to one another when we were on our own in our house on a cosy night. They felt too private for us to share with everyone. So when the minister asked Harry for his vows, he just shot me a loving smile, "I think she knows."

I giggled and nodded, "I do know."

When the minister lead us through the ceremony, I didn't take my eyes off Harry once. I just stared and drowned in the green of them, and I let myself drown. I wasn't scared.

I hardly noticed that it started drizzling about ten minutes into the ceremony, until Harry broke eye contact to stare at the sky. He frowned when looking back at me, "You'll get wet, do you want my jacket?"

I shook my head, "I don't care." I felt warm all over just from being with him, and the rain didn't bother me at all. I could be in a blizzard by now for all I cared. 

Harry grinned and nodded, and the minister continued. Both our hands were shaking when we exchanged the rings. I got a simple wedding band with our names engraved on it to compliment my engagement ring. Harry got a similar wedding band, just a little thicker. It fit right in with all his other rings and I smiled when I slid it over his ring finger of his left hand.

The minister turned to me, and even though I felt his eyes on me, I kept mine on Harry. "Violet, do you take this man to be your husband, to live in matrimony, to love him, to honour him, to comfort him, and to keep him in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"

I inhaled a sharp breath as my heart skipped a couple of beats, "I do." I croaked out.

Harry beamed at me, as if he was worried for a second that I wouldn't say those two little words that married us. The minister repeated the same words to him and Harry cleared his throat, "I do."

"I, Harry Edward Styles, take you, Violet Aspen Rae, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part." Harry spoke, repeating after the minister before I did the same.

My lips ached to touch his. For a brief second, my eyes dropped from his and down to his mouth, which curled up into a little smile when he noticed. The hold we had on each other's hands intensified to the point our knuckles were white. The drizzle had stopped again, and in combination with the sun, a faint rainbow appeared behind Harry.

It was honestly an angelic sight that could make me cry. I felt like this wasn't even real. I could've never imagined myself being this lucky with a man like him. I could've never imagined that someone like him could ever love me. Yet he stared at me with that fondness that made me melt and I prayed for the minister to hurry the fuck up so I could finally kiss him.

"... I now officially pronounce you husband and wife. Harry, you may kiss your b-"

Harry cut the minister off, not even letting him finish as he tugged my hands and pulled me into him. Our lips crashed together as he circled his arms tightly around my torso to hold me into his chest. His palms splayed over my naked back as cheers and applause erupted around us. I heard sniffs and sobs but my eyes were closed as I felt Harry's cold lips against mine. We were both freezing, but there was a fire blazing in me from touching him.

"I love you." I whispered, stroking the back of his head as our foreheads rested together, "I love you so, so, so much."

Harry hummed and kissed me again, lifting me off the ground to twirl me around which had me giggling into his mouth. He put me back down gently, "I love you too, petal."

We pulled back and turned around to face our guests, our fingers laced together until I felt Abby tightly hugging me. Harry and I let go to each hug and greet some people. Nearly everyone was crying. But I wasn't, I don't know why I wasn't.

I wasn't even crying of happiness, it was like I was past that point already. I was emotional for sure, and I was certain it would hit me later on, but for now all I could feel were butterflies and my heart was incredibly full to be surrounded by all my favourite people.

James hugged me again, spinning me around as he laughed in my ear, and Ian was hastily wiping at his eyes while Milo, his boyfriend, attempted to comfort him.

Some of my colleagues were here, both from the RSP and from Clarendale's. Alex and Lana showed up, as well as Max and his girlfriend. Stephen and Isaac were working today apparently, and I hadn't invited Victor. There weren't any hard feelings there but he simply wasn't someone I wanted at my wedding.

When everyone was heading to the shed to hide from the rain that started again, and to begin the festivities, I felt a tug on my arm. Harry was behind me, motioning for me to stay behind a little. Eleanor noticed and giggled as she walked along with everyone and left the two of us behind.

I squealed when Harry picked me up bridal style, sweeping me off my feet. His hair was a little wet from the rain, as was mine, but neither of us cared. My bouquet was resting in my lap as I cupped his cheeks and kissed him from my sideways position, "We're married."

"We're married." He confirmed breathily with a beaming smile before putting me down, "I'm sorry I cried so much."

"What?!" I exclaimed, "Harry, why are you apologizing! That was adorable!"

"It's just," He sighed, "You... in white, in that dress. You just look so beautiful, so angelic. You really are my angel, Violet. Fuck, I can't even comprehend how much I love you."

The high heels I wore gave me a little extra height to match Harry as I kissed him again, a little slower this time. It was like I could finally breathe, like I could finally understand all that had happened. Like Eleanor had experienced at her wedding, that ceremony was a huge blur for me. It's like I wasn't even there, I couldn't even remember most of the stuff I had said.

But now, I was back on earth. With Harry. Who was my husband.

"Do you like my suit?" Harry murmured and I grinned against his lips, "I love it. Fits you so well, you honestly look so handsome in anything. This colour just... it's you. And it's my favourite, you're my favourite. And you're all mine." I sighed dreamily.

Harry pecked my lips, "Mhm, I am. Yours forever."

"Mine forever." I confirmed in a soft murmur, and then a thunder rumbled in the distance and Harry groaned out, "I knew we were gonna have rain today, let's go."

We hurried after the rest, through the rain as it got a little heavier and we were eventually in the dryness of the shed. We went around the room after that to thank everyone for coming and accept all of the well wishes we got.

We did more of a walking dinner when it came to food, little bites and some shared plates for everyone so we weren't stuck at a table for hours in a row eating four courses. The drinks were definitely flowing, and Abby insisted we celebrated with a traditional shot of tequila.

And not just any shot, it had to be a body shot. And everyone had to participate. It felt a little cult-like when we were all stood in a circle to take a body shot off of the person next to you. It meant that I had to take one off Abby, and Harry had to take one off me, and then Max had to take one off Harry.

Abby brushed her hair away from her neck as she exposed the skin to me and I chuckled as I did our routine by sprinkling salt down on her neck and then licking it up before I downed the shot and took the lime wedge from between her teeth but not without brushing our lips together. Harry scolded me for kissing someone else on our wedding day in a joking way, and paid me back with a full on snog when he took the wedge from between my lips.

He took it for a split second and dropped it before simply kissing me, his hands on my hips to keep me steady as the tequila shot was long forgotten.

A little while later, Harry and I were slow dancing to Songbird, and it was perfect. Unlike Louis and Eleanor's wedding, we were the only two people on the dancefloor while the others watched. Harry found it important to do this dance on our own, as husband and wife for the first time.

My heart had leapt into my throat when the DJ announced us as Mr. and Mrs. Styles for the first time. We had opted for a DJ for the full night since we wanted to play the original Fleetwood Mac version instead of a cover.

Harry spun me around once before he rested his hand on my waist. His other hand held mine, tightly clutching our entwined fingers to his chest as I brushed my nose against his neck.

For you, there'll be no more crying.

For you, the sun will be shining.

Cause I feel that when I'm with you, it's alright.

I know it's right.

To you, I'll give the world.

To you, I'll never be cold.

Cause I feel that when I'm with you, it's alright.

I know it's right.

Harry squeezed me a little tighter, humming the melody in my ear as his lips rested against my forehead.

And the songbirds are singing like they know the score.

And I love you, I love you, I love you

Like never before.

I moved both my hands to his neck while Harry pressed his palm to my shoulder blades, engulfing me in his arms completely.

And I wish you all the love in the world.

But most of all, I wish it for myself.

And the songbirds keep singing like they know the score.

And I love you, I love you, I love you

Like never before.

Like never before.

Like never before.

My cheeks were grasped between Harry's fingers as he gently pressed a kiss to my lips, and then another. The song ended in an instrumental piano outro before applause rose from the entire room.

We pulled back with small smiles, Harry's eyes glazed over with pure love as I was sure mine were too. I reached my hand up, running my thumb over his cheekbone to brush away a little stray tear, "Don't cry, baby." I murmured.

Harry chuckled as he sniffed, "I know, it's stupid. But I'm so happy."

Another small kiss as I didn't know how on earth I could ever respond to that with words. So a kiss seemed the best answer. Harry hummed against my lips, "My beautiful petal."

His. For life.

We kissed again before continuing the slow dance into the next song without ever breaking away. My arms were around his shoulders, his around my waist, and our bodies were flush together. I couldn't even care that there were other people in the room. For my sake, they didn't even really need to be here. I never thought that on my wedding day I'd really only have eyes for one person, and it felt like we were the only two people in the room. He was the only one I truly wanted in this room with me.

I had never felt more at home than in his arms.

And I was ridiculously, stupidly, annoyingly happy.

THE END.

I can't believe this story is over!!! Honestly, I know nobody reads it haha but i'm still so proud of it. I started writing when I was really young, on the 1DFF page. And then during the pandemic I just came up with this idea for a story and I wrote multiple chapters every single day, truly finishing this story in a couple of months.

And I absolutely love it and i'm very proud of it :'))

Anyways, here is the wedding moodboard for Violet and Harry:

Lots of love, A. x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 2.3K 31
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~๐’”๐’†๐’™ ๐’”๐’„๐’†๐’๐’†๐’” ~๐’”๐’Ž๐’–๐’• ๐’˜๐’‚๐’“๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ~๐’†...
1.1M 48.1K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 43.2K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
131K 4.8K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...