My Gifted Love (✓)

By Skb494

"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms A... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
Chapter 17
chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Thankyou Note
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97 (part 1)
Chapter 97 (part 2)
Chapter 98 (Part 1)
Chapter 98 (Part 2)
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Aadhira-His heart beat
New Book Cover

Chapter 78

5.6K 222 6
By Skb494

Aasha's Pov

"You still have a lot of moves to learn. Dev is also a very tough player in Chess and won a lot of awards more than me. So you have to practice it often. Then only you can defeat Dev in this game" he said playfully. I blushed hearing Dev's name. Then only i realised that the relationship between Dev and Papa is quiet different. I always felt like there is a cold war going on between them. I hesitated before asking this question.

"Do you want to ask something, beta?" Papa asked me with a worried expression.

"I don't know if i can ask this question or not. But… " i trailed off. 

"Remember you're also a part of this family and my daughter. You can ask any questions you want" he said with a gentle smile. 

"Papa, i always felt like there is some distance between you and Dev. Even though he talks to you but its always in a formal way. And his behavior towards Meghna aunty is also quiet different" i said hesitantly looking at his face. He smiled at me and took a deep breath.

"He hates me for giving Aadhiya's place to Meghna" he said with a sad smile. 

"Aadhiya…Dev's mother?" i asked him with a frown. He nodded his head with a deep sigh.

"Aadhiya, my first wife, Dev's mama" he said. His eyes reflect pain and grief.

"She is the love of my life. Actually ours were an arranged marriage. But we both fell in love after our marriage. We lived a life which is full of joy. She was my everything and same goes to her. Our happiness knew no bound when Dev was born. I thought that i am the happiest man in the world with a beautiful caring wife and a son who is a symbol of our love. But my happiness didn't last long. She died in a car accident when Dev was only eight years old. Dev cried a lot that day when he got to know that his will never be able to see his mom. When she left me i was shattered and devastated that i even forgot that i have a son" he said in his shaky voice like he is remenising that day. His eyes filled with unshed tears. 

"After loosing her, i confined myself in my room not want to face the world without my beloved wife. Kesav and Mala is the one who took care of Dev when i was mourning over my wife's death. Dev was always a mama's boy. He won't do anything without his mom. When i came out of my grief, Dev already became aloof and distance to everyone. He only cried that day when his mom died. After that he didn't cry. Aadiya's death affected him deeply. Everyone in our family tried to talk with him. But of no use. His school marks also got affected. 

One day i went to pick him up from his school. But he was not in his school. I searched everywhere then i found him in a park near his school. There he was looking longingly at the children who was playing with their mothers. My heart clenched seeing my son's longing gaze towards other children's mothers" he said with a deep sigh. My eyes brimmed with tears thinking about that eight years old little Dev who carved for his mother's love and care. 

"I already lost my wife and didn't want to lose my son. Then i met my friend who is a psychologist. He said that Dev is carving for a motherly love. So he advised me to marry someone who can give a motherly love and care to Dev. Though i was not ready to marry someone else in my Aadiya's place, i didn't want to loss my Dev.

One day accidentally i met Meghna in a business meeting. We both were close friends. She once confessed her love to me When we were doing business management in London university. But i rejected her saying that i only saw her as a best friend nothing more. After that we both parted our ways. 

Meghna was always an innocent, naive and kind girl who never think  harm to others. She never behaved like a girl from rich family. Thats the reason why her own brother decided to marry her off to someone who is a playboy for business purpose without her concern just for money.

Soon I came to know that she still has feelings for me. So i decided to use her feelings for me for my selfish reasons. She held 8 percent shares in her father's company. So to convince her brother she gave up her 8 percent company shares to her brother without me knowing it. I came to know about it only few months later of our marriage. Then we both signed marriage papers in the court. But before our marriage i made myself clear to her that i am marrying her because i want a mother for my son not a wife for me. She accepted my conditions and signed the marriage papers. Every girl has a dream about her marriage. But Meghna sacrificed her all dreams and accepted to be a good mother to my son. Even after our marriage we stayed in a different room. 

Dev changed after our marriage but not in a good way. But he started to let his emotions outside. He got angry whenever he see Meghna. My psychologist friend said that its better that now he is showing his emotions. He said that now Dev came out of his mother's loss. So he will change eventually. 

Though Dev stopped lamenting over his mother's death, his anger towards me and Meghna increased day by day. Meghna tried everything to get close to him. She learned his all favorite dishes to get close to him. But he always hurt her with his words. She never complained about Dev's behavior towards her even though she was hurt inside. Dev always had nightmares after Aadiya's death. But his nightmares stopped after Meghna's arrival. One night when i went to Dev's room to check up on him, i was surprised to see Meghna singing lullaby to Dev while stroking his hair. Then only i got know why Dev's nightmares has stopped coming. 

I realised that i am not less than her brother who planned to marry her off for money. I didn't give anything to her by marrying her. She also never asked anything from me not even my love. She agreed to marry me because she loves me so she is content just by staying beside me. She never tried to take Aadiya's place. She also became my emotional support. Gradually she conquered my heart. I fell for her seeing her selfless nature. She was very happy when i said that i love her. Then Varun was born. She was afraid that Dev will hate Varun and her even more. But to our surprise Dev showed love to Varun. Soon Ananya also born which gave him double joy. But his behavior towards Meghna never changed. So we sent him to london for his further studies with Aakash. When he returned to India to take over our company, we thought that he will behave well with Meghna. But his hatred towards her has increased more. 

When Dev informed us about Varun's bad behavior, Meghna thought that he is saying ill about Varun because of his hatred towards her. Actually i was also thought the same and neglected Dev's words. Kesav also said that Varun is using alcohol but i ignored his words too because i didn't want to hurt Meghna. This increased his hatred towards me and Meghna more than before. But when we all got to know what Varun did to Neha we all felt ashamed. Meghna was totally devastated. She thought that Dev will hate her even more after this. I comforted her and sent Varun to rehab centre. And after that we sent him to abroad for his studies" Papa said with a sigh. I wiped my tears and looked at him with a smile. 

"Papa, you and Dev should have a talk in alone. He thinks that you married Meghna aunty forgetting about his mom. But he didn't know you took that decision for him. You should talk to him, Papa" i said.

"You think i didn't try, beta? I tried to explain to him. But he is the one who didn't ready to listen my side. " he said with a sad smile. I shook my head thinking about Dev's adamant nature. 

"But i must say he changed a lot after your arrival in this house, Aasha beta" he said with a chuckle. I frowned at him confused.

"Before he never waste a chance to hurt Meghna with his words. But now he is behaving well with her all thanks to you" he said making me chuckle.

"You're a great father and a husband, Papa. Dev will soon understand you and Meghna aunty" i said gently. Suddenly papa's phone rang. 

"I will go see anuty and Chachi" i said to him with a smile. He nodded at me and left the garden to attend his call. I then asked a maid about aunty and Chachi. She said that they are in kitchen. So i went there. They both are busy in cooking lunch.

"Aasha, are you hungry? Just few Minutes beta. The lunch will be ready soon" Chachi said while cooking.

"No, Chachi. I came here to help you and aunty in cooking" i said with a smile. 

"You don't have to beta. You just sit here and have a chat with us if you want to help us" Meghna aunty said with a gentle smile. I smiled at them and just stood near the kitchen counter watching them cooking. I looked at Meghna aunty and recalled Papa's words. She is really a selfless woman. Her face clearly shows her innocence and kindness. Why Dev failed to notice this innocence in her? She smiled at me when she caught me staring at her. I too smiled at her awkwardly. 

"Aunty, Chachi why you two only cooking when there is a lot of maids in this house?" i asked them with a frown. Yes i saw there is a lot of maids in this house. So i thought that the maids will be the one who cooks in this house. But here they two are the one who is cooking. They two chuckled when i asked them this question.

"The maids are here to do other works but kitchen is our department. And also our husbands only like  
their wife's cooking" Chachi said with a chuckle. 

"Oh" i said with a smile. 

"Yes. And Subash bhai sab like bhabi's cooking very much. No matter how many dishes are in the dinning table. He will easily find out bhabi's cooking just by taking a bite. Today Bhabi made his favorite Paneer makhani and Veg pulao. If you don't believe me then watch Subash bhai sab's expression at lunch time in our dinning hall" Chachi said with a giggle while giving a teasing look to Meghna aunty. I also chuckled with Chachi. Meghna aunty's face turned red in shy and she glared at Chachi. 

"Mala, stop teasing me. Aasha, not only Subash ji but also Kesav bhai sab loves Mala's cooking. Just watch Kesav bhai sab's expression. He will give her a flying kiss after having her handmade food" Meghna aunty said giving a teasing look at aunty. Now its her time to blush. 

"Okay okay stop teasing me bhabi" Chachi said with a pout. Me and Meghna aunty both chuckled at seeing her blushing face. 

"Aasha don't laugh at us, okay? In future we will have a lot of chances to laugh at you. Because Dev is more romantic than our husbands. So you better stop laughing at us" Chachi said giving me a fake glare. 

"Sorryy" i said raising my hands in surrender.

"Okay now tell us. Do you know cooking?" Meghna anuty asked me. I rubbed my nape when she asked this question.

"I… I know how to make coffee and sandwiches" i said looking here and there. 

"You don't need to feel embarrassed about this, Aasha. Actually even if you know cooking, Dev won't let you do any works. He treasure you a lot" Meghna aunty said patting my cheeks. I looked down feeling shy hearing her words. 

"Bhabi, its very easily to make Aasha blush. Just say Dev's name then her face will turn red like a tomato" Chachi said while giggling looking at me. Aunty also chuckled at me. 

"Chachi, Aunty stop teasing me, na" i pleaded them. They chuckled more after hearing my pleading. I huffed with a smile. Then they continued their cooking. 

Seeing them cooking for their husband's favorite dishes with a lot of love and care, i also wanted to cook for Dev's favorite dishes like this. But i am a terrible at cooking. I sighed disappointly. 

"What happened, Aasha? Why your face suddenly became dull?" Mrghna aunty asked me stroking my hair. 

"Why? Are you missing our Dev?" Chachi again teased me making me go all red. 

"Mala, stop teasing her" Aunty said fake glaring at Chachi.

"Okay now tell us what happened?" Chcahi asked me with a frown. 

"Ah… Nothing. I also want to cook for Dev like you both. But i am very bad at cooking" i said with a pout. They both chuckled hearing my words. I looked at them with a frown.

"Stupid girl. We also at first very bad at cooking you know. I learned cooking only after marriage and Kesav helped me a lot. Cooking is not a big deal, Aasha" Chachi said pinching my cheeks playfully. I rubbed my cheeks looking at her with a frown. 

"Yes Aasha. Even i also learned cooking after marriage" Meghna aunty said with a gentle smile. 

"I tried to cook several times. But it all ended with burnt dishes" i said feeling embarrassed. 

"It happens at first, Aasha. To learn cooking first you need patience. And when you cook for your loved ones with love and care you will pay more attention. Then the dish will automatically turns out to be a masterpiece" Meghna aunty said.

"So i can also cook?" i asked her. 

"Yes of course" she said with a chuckle. 

"Bhabi know all Dev's favorite dishes. She will helps you to cook his favorite dishes then" Chachi said looking at aunty. 

"Okay then i will teach you how to cook Dev's favorite dishes from tomorrow onwards" she said with a 
smile.

"Thankyou aunty" i said with a bright smile. She hugged me and kissed my forehead lovingly. Then they both left saying that they will be back after freshening up. So i went to my room and I checked the time. It 12.30 pm. I thought of calling Dev. But i didn't. He must be busy with his work. Suddenly my phone rang. I checked the caller id. Its Rocky. I already informed my friends today morning that i won't be come to office for few days. They understood my situation. I attended the call with a smile.
---------------------------------------

So what you guys think about this chapter? In further chapters there will be a lot of twists and turns. Get ready for the emotional roller coaster. I hope you all like this chapter. Thank you so much for everyone who is reading and voting my story. Keep encouraging me, guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 10.8K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...
4.3M 149K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
769K 23.1K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
83.8K 3.4K 31
"18000000" he said making her eyes widen in horror. "But don't worry I will give you two options." He said softly as if he was talking to a child. "F...