BOYFRIEND ● Nishimura Riki

By huiyi-c

When Byeol was severely abused by her ex-boyfriend, a new student entered the school - Nishimura Riki. The gu... More

0 | Beginning Of Their Story
1 | A Little Favour From You
2 | We Meet Again
3 | Break Time
4 | Karma, Should I Say?
5 | How Am I Supposed To Meet You
6 | Three Minutes & Seven Seconds
7 | Art Club, You Sure?
8 | Just Awkward, Dead Silence
9 | So, We Made A Deal...
Episode 10 - Rainbows In The Night For You
Episode 11 - How Do I Act Like A Boyfriend?
Episode 12 - No Haha, Not Your House
Episode 13 - His Moon Swing That I Liked
Episode 14 - A Change In Class?
Episode 15 - Why Are You Avoiding Me?
Episode 16 - She's The One I Trusted The Most
Episode 17 - Her Backstory, He Never Knew
Episode 18 - All For You, My Love
Episode 19 - Our Conditions Are Getting Worse
Episode 20 - The Fireworks Above Us
Episode 21 - Unwanted Attention
Episode 22 - Your Results
Episode 23 - I'm Glad To See You Happy
Episode 24 - Why Did You Do That?
Episode 26 - Boyfriend
Episode 27 - The Prism Necklace That I Gave You
Episode 28 - But I Love You So, Please Let Me Go
Episode 29 - His Backstory, She Never Knew
Episode 30 - Because I Still Love You
Rainbows & Moons - I Loved You

Episode 25 - Your Smile, My Pain

4.8K 334 241
By huiyi-c

It has already been an entire week since Byeol's surgery and she still had not seen Niki anywhere.

She felt lonely quite often and upset most of the time.

She was sure happy that her surgery was a complete success. She could not wait to share the news with Niki.

But, he was not here...

She checked with Jay and Jake but, they were unsure of Niki's location since he was not picking up their calls as well.

When she went over to his house, Konon and him were not even there, except for the maids.

The maids said that Konon went back to Japan for a while but, they were not sure about Niki's location.

Byeol texted him, called him, searched for him and more but, he could not be found at all.

She always had to sit alone on the moon swing, eat her food by herself, walk alone...

She really missed him so much...

Where have you been, Niki?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

◤ ──┅┅┄┄*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆─── ⋆✩⋆

Boyfriend [ Niki ]
- Episode 25 -
Your Smile, My Pain

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

- 22/05/22 + Sunday -

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"DOCTOR LEE! PATIENT 422 IS UP!"
A nurse shouted and the doctor came running towards Niki.

He hastily examined Niki's condition before he deeply inhaled with a weak smile.

"You're up."
He helped him up while Niki let out a cough.

"Is Byeol fine? Did the surgery went well? Is she happy? Where is she?"
That was the first thing Niki asked Doctor Lee, grabbing nervously onto the doctor's arm.

"NIKI!"
The doctor yelled and forcefully shrugged off Niki's hand away.

"WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT HER? WHY DID YOU ASK YOUR MEN TO CHANGE THE CBC RESULTS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"
Doctor Lee raised his voice as he started to scold Niki for his stubbornness.

"Did you know that both of you could have died on the spot that day?"
Doctor Lee's voice toned down.

"No, we won't. I trust you."
Niki plastered a weak smile with his sore voice.

"Niki..."

"Let's get straight to the point, I guess? How long more do I have left?"
Niki said casually as if he was not even afraid at all.

"Niki, why do you have to-"

"It's alright just tell me how much more time I have left... Please?"
Niki cut him off and tears welled up in the doctor's eyes.

"Less... Less than a month."
The doctor held in his tears. He was unable to bear himself with seeing Niki in this state.

After knowing Niki ever since Niki was two years old, watching him grow up and became a little bit more rebellious each time.

"No more treatment?"
Niki added on.

Doctor Lee knew that Niki would feel worse if he had given him any false hopes. No one likes to feel betrayed at the end of the day.

For Niki's case, there was no specific treatment for his kind of condition. Other than the usual injections that the doctor told Niki to give himself but, Niki never does it.

It was useless even if he forced Niki to come to the hospital to do the injections.

"Niki, can't you just use the injections I gave you-"

"I don't want to live longer in pain. It hurts."
Niki responded expressionlessly.

He knew that those injections could never make him recover when he was already at a life-threatening stage. They could only stop the pain, nothing more.

"So, no other treatment?"
Niki asked once more.

Doctor Lee then shook his head slowly and Niki pursed his lips together as he deeply inhaled.

"Okay. Thank you."
Niki faked a smile and played with the blanket that was covering the lower half of his body.

"How's Byeol doing? Is she able to move around freely now?"
Niki changed the topic and the doctor nodded.

"KIM SUNOO!"
Niki called the male nurse over.

"Can you show me a picture of her?"
Niki requested. Before the surgery, he asked nurse Sunoo to help him take a picture of her.

"Here."
Sunoo showed the photo and a bright smile escaped his lips as he chuckled at the girl who was smiling happily with her friends.

"Right. Don't tell anyone about this. I don't want to be a burden."
Niki reminded Doctor Lee who just ignored him and left. But, Niki knew that his response meant 'yes' to his request.

"Niki, I forgot to add on. Jay and Jake knows about your condition. Do not worry, they won't tell anyone."
Sunoo recalled the time when Doctor Lee explained his condition to Jay and Jake.

"God, you scared me for-"
Before Niki could finish speaking, his chest started to hurt again.

"Stay still!"
Sunoo remained calm and injected a needle into his arm, able to ease the pain in his chest.

"Thanks, I guess?"
Niki said and stared back at the ceiling.

"Can I be discharged tomorrow?"
He asked Sunoo who leaned on the wall next to him.

"Mhmm. How are you going to tell Byeol about it? If I'm not wrong, she's the playground girl, right? The one you used to talk about. The girl at the swings?"
Sunoo recalled Niki sharing about it before.

"You've guessed it. I don't think I will be telling her anything. I hope she will never know about it so, she would not feel sorry."
Niki replied as he turned to Sunoo.

"You do know very well that she will know it sooner or later."
Sunoo told Niki.

"Of course I do. So, I will try to let her know it later. For as long as possible."
Niki continued.

"And, how are you going to do that?"
Sunoo asked and waited for Niki's response but, someone called Sunoo over and he had to leave.

"And, how are you going to do that?"

Sunoo's words constantly played in Niki's mind as his eyes were about to close out of tiredness.

"Looks like I have to..."
Niki thought of an answer and fell asleep.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Boyfriend [ Niki ]  • hui
Instagram: @your_wabi_sabi
End Of Episode Twenty-Five

═ ═ ═ ═ ═ ═ ═

A/n: Remember to eat today! ♡︎
     _∧
  ;;'ω・)
 _旦_(🍙 __
 |ll|| ̄じじ ̄

═ ═ ═ ═ ═ ═ ═

Hi.

I don't know why these chapters currently feels weird to me... My heart ain't getting it...

I'm currently so addicted to the ending part of the song: Hard 2 Face Reality! It's so pretty! How could a song be that pretty?

Y'all, just saying!
...
Lee Heeseung! Lee Heeseung! Lee Heeseung! Ethan, Ethan, Ethan!

Happy 6K!

═ ═ ═ ═ ═ ═ ═

Song Recommendation Section

.lıllılı.ıllıılı.
[ After School ] - [ Weeekly ]
1:08 ──•───── 3:27
       <<          ll          >>     ⋮≡

═ ═ ═ ═ ═ ═ ═

Votes, reads, comments will be appreciated. Smile, okay?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Next Episode
Episode 26 - Boyfriend

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 4.6K 30
❝ 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 ❞ ❝ 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶. ❞ After the death of her first love, Hyejin decided to move on with her life without him, even th...
10.6K 524 42
Working with her past lover is not easy. Which a girl from a broken family, starting to fall in love again with her past lover which also known as h...
32.6K 1.3K 28
" "Jungwon and Jake..." She muttered to herself. "You know her already?" Jungwon's interest peaked as he looked at the two of them. " Taking a wel...
434K 13.2K 45
"𝙈𝙮 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙞𝙙𝙤𝙡𝙨, 𝙖𝙨 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖𝙨 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙖𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙣𝙤.1 𝙛𝙖𝙣, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙚, 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙩�...