Why Me, Alpha?

By TakeItOrLeaveIt

Lia Makkena had wanted nothing to do with the werewolf world. She was, by far, the only human in her pack, ma... More

Why Me, Alpha?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 22

467 31 10
By TakeItOrLeaveIt

I was running and running, my pursuer behind me. I could practically feel his breath on my neck. I could hear the crunching of the twig and soil from under me, some sticking into my bare feet, but I kept running and running.

I reached the sea, but there’s nowhere to run to anymore, and I’m standing there, panicked.

Suddenly, I’m looking up at the night sky as hands wrap around my neck, squeezing tightly. I grab my attacker’s arms, trying desperately to get them off. I feel hands go tighter as they try to keep the air from coming into my lungs. My legs are kicking the sand from under me, but my attacker is straddling me and I can’t do anything.

Somehow, by some miracle, I’m able to get out from under him. I cough and hold on to my neck, but I know he’s still there. I run into the sea, the waves crashing into my clothes.

The smell is odd, and the sea feels thick. It takes me a few yards out to get realize what the smell and thickness was.

Blood.

But it was already too late, I was drowning. My legs and arms were being pulled down under, and my lungs were burning as they filled up with the thick, red blood. I flayed my arms up and down, kicking the hands off, trying to reach the surface. I could see the moon, meaning I was so close to the surface, when someone grabs my throat again from up above, and I’m held down into the sea of blood.

I struggle and struggle, jerking my body to each and every direction as I tried to scratch at my attacker, but I could do nothing. The blood filled my lungs, a burning sensation filling up my body, and I felt my strength give way, my arms and legs going limp.

The last thing I see with my already blurred vision are the white eyes of my attacker as I drift off.

Marcus was looking for something to give Lia to eat for dinner. Suddenly, he felt distress and fear that wasn’t his, coming through the bond.

“Marcus!” Caesar called out to him.

He immediately made his way to Lia, who was leaning forward, coughing and grasping at her neck. He knelt beside her, and she flinched at his touch.

“Lia, what happened?” He cupped her cheek as she looked at him with wide, crazed eyes, her body trembling.

She had tears in her eyes, going down her cheeks, and sweat rolled off her face.

“I’ll see if there’s some tea or hot beverages,” Emery said. She rolled up her blanket and stood, walking past her mate.

Marcus stood, and lifted up his mate, thankful that she didn’t flinch from his touch. She leaned into him, although she was still trembling, her eyes were unseeing though it was wide open, as if in utmost fear and panic. He sat down on her chair and placed her in his lap, cradling her.

“It was just a nightmare, sweetheart,” he whispered into her temple as he traced circles on her arm.

She shook her head as more tears flowed down her face. Her body trembled, the terror fresh in her mind. She clung on to her mate, seeking comfort, seeking warmth to drown the utter coldness that she had woken from. Marcus whispered soothing words to her.

Soon, Emery came back with a mug in her hands, still steaming hot.

“Luckily, they had some lady’s slipper. It helps with nightmares.” Emery handed the mug to Marcus before taking a seat once again, putting the blanket over herself.

Marcus took a sip, and Caesar squinted his eyes at him, “Are you—”

Marcus scrunched up his nose, swallowing the liquid. “It’s too hot.” He stuck his tongue out and put the mug down, letting it cool. He focused on his mate, who was trembling a little less than moments before. Her nightmares scared him, they had died down considerably after the Change, but before then, he had to hold her for several moments to help her back to sleep. This would be about the seventh or eighth time it had happened.

“Here,” Kate was standing by their area. She set down an orange bottle of pills. “They should help her rest without trouble. Two pills, washed down with water.”

Marcus looked at it suspiciously, then looked at Kate, though he did try to mask his expression.

“Don’t be too suspicious of everything, Alpha Baron,” her expression was unreadable. “I’m a doctor, or do you forget?” She put a bottle of water down. “Besides that, the penalty for harming an Alpha or a Luna within the Sessimonium isn’t to be taken lightly.” After that, she went back to her family.

“Thank you, Luna Brand,” Marcus called out to her.

She was a cold, often expressionless Luna, but she was well suited for the Blood Claws Pack. It was a pack of warriors and she did well to keep the pack in line. She was a solid support for her husband.

“Come on, sweetheart, drink this,” Marcus took the mug from the table and placed it to Lia’s lips, helping her drink.

Just the fragrance of the drink helped her calm down. The dream was still fresh—well, more like the feelings. She couldn’t quite remember what the dream was about, but she did remember the feelings of anxiety, dread and panic—there was also the feeling of a burning in her lungs, and the taste of blood in her mouth. Lia drank the tea to take out the taste from her mouth. The warmth of both the tea and her mate made her feel less edgy.

“Are you feeling better, Luna?” Emery inquired after a while.

Lia let out a breath before speaking, “Yes, I’m feeling better. Thank you for preparing the tea.”

Emery smiled, leaning back on her chair, getting comfortable. “You’re very welcome.”

“What was your dream about?” Marcus asked her, repositioning himself so as that he could face her.

Lia looked down, not being able to meet his gaze. She shook her head, “I can’t remember.” She swallowed. “But… I was very afraid, and…” She swallowed before continuing. “I could feel the burning of my lungs, and I could taste blood.” She shivered at the thought. This was the most vivid nightmare so far, and it really frightened her.

“It’s alright, Lia, just forget it,” Marcus said as he kissed her temple, then her cheek. He reached for the pills from Kate and gave it to Lia, who drank it with the water given.

“It could be stress,” Caesar suggested. “Nightmares come from the subconscious, you know.”

Lia nodded her head lightly. “Yes, I think so, too.” She leaned into Marcus, closing her eyes as she did so. She sighed. After a moment, she got up, heading to the bathroom.

Warren offered her a sympathetic look when she had passed him by, and she gave a small smile in return. She passed by Alpha and Luna Brand, she heard a child giggling, Ben was playing with his father while his brother slept and his mother read a book. Alpha Brand was bouncing his younger son on his knee, Ben was giggling as he clapped his hands. Ben turned to look at his mother, and reached for her, opening and closing his fists. The woman, who seemed to be often cold and straight-faced, smiled as she set the book down and took him into her arms.

She smiled and made her way to the bathroom, nodding at the guards.

When she had gone out of the bathroom, she saw that the child was now toddling down the aisle and soon, without the notice of his mother, ran to where Alpha Palacio was seated by himself. Kate leaned to the side and got out of her seat in alarm as Ben reached up to Alpha Palacio. Lia couldn’t see his face right, but the Alpha leaned down and held his hand out to the child.

“Ben!” Kate exclaimed. She quickly made her way to Ben, just as the child touched the rival Alpha’s hand.

Alpha Brand and some of the guards—probably the ones from Blood Claws Pack—stood up, while the others seemed to become more alert.

Kate quickly picked up Ben, hugging him to her.

Alpha Palacio, whose face Lia could now see, looked up at Kate, a frown on his face. “I would not hurt a little one, Luna Brand.”

By now, all the passengers were looking at them. Warren was half standing by the looks of it, and Marcus and Caesar looked ready to jump into action, even Hunter, the youngest Alpha, stood in front of his mate.

“Or so you say, Alpha Palacio,” Kate said, her back was to Lia, and so she couldn’t quite see what kind of expression she had, but her voice was cold, and there was an undertone of anger layered with distrust. Kate quickly turned and made her way back to her husband, her expression was still unreadable, her jaw clenched. When she was safely back to her seat, the guards sat down, and the tension dissipated—but only just a little.

Lia made her way back to her seat, looking down.

Moon Goddess, the plane had so much tension, they would crash if it had weight.

“We will now begin our descent to Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport, Madrid, Spain. It is now 1:22 in the morning, local area time.”

Lia looked up from the book she was reading as the seatbelt sign was turned on. She put her book inside her bag and placed it under the table before putting her seatbelt on.

She couldn’t wait to get off the goddamned plane.

When she had woken from the dreamless nap she took after the exchange between Luna Brand and Alpha Palacio, there was silence. And that silence went on for what felt like an eternity. Nine hours in the plane suddenly seemed too long.

The tension was suffocating and the silence was deafening.

It felt as if any wrong move could resort into some dead bodies here and there—and maybe even a crashed plane.

How are you feeling? Marcus asked, holding her hand.

I just want to get off this plane. Lia said, looking at him with a smile. As far as first plane rides go, can we take a boat going back?

Marcus laughed and kissed her cheek. Sweetheart, werewolves and boats do not go together.

If we have to go back home in this plane with the very same people, I know I’d rather go on a boat.

The plane shook as they passed by some clouds as the descended. Lia clenched her jaw and held on to Marcus’ hand, depending on the calm and comfort the bond and the contact provided. She looked out the window and she could see the lights from the city below, it seemed a little far off from where they were heading, but she guessed that that was only natural.

Soon, she heard the drop of the wheels the high pitched nose that was the telltale sign that they were closing in on the ground. Lia was thankful to know that she wasn’t the only one who seemed to struggle with flying. The other passengers also seemed to be in at least some sort of discomfort as they flew—except for her own mate. Emery looked just as uncomfortable as her, and Caesar was tense, clenching his jaw, one arm gripping the arm rest, the other holding on to his mate.

The plane shook, and the noise outside increased. Lia closed her eyes and held on to Marcus as the wheels touched the tarmac, making the plane violently bounce for several moments.

The plane slowed soon, and everyone let out their bated breaths, opening their eyes.

Marcus suppressed a laugh. “You’d never think that the strongest werewolves would be so afraid of flying.”

Caesar glared at him, throwing a small pillow at his friend. He got up and stretched. “I liked it better when the Sessimonium was in America.”

“The European packs must be happy about the location,” Marcus said as he unbuckled his seatbelt. “Our turn to suffer through flights.”

There were several clicks heard as everyone unbuckled their seatbelt. There were sighs as people got up and stretched their bodies. Lia did the same before picking up her handbag from under the table.

“It’s kind of cold, sweetheart, so you should go ahead and wear a scarf,” Marcus said as he reached into her bag for the folded scarf she had placed there just in case. He wrapped it around her neck gently, and she smiled up at him.

The plane door opened smoothly, and the Alphas and Lunas started to get out. First was the Brand family, then it was the Amons, then the Greys, followed by Lia and Marcus. After them came the Baranovskayas, then Alpha Palacio.

When they stepped out, there were seven escalades and two black sedans waiting for them. They were parked in a semi-circle in front of the hangar. In front each Escalade, there stood a man in a suit. In front of the two sedans, parked next to each other, were seven men in suits.

A man in a navy blue suit was waiting in front of the semi-circle. They all headed to him as the guards took the luggage out of the plane. Lia recognized the man as the messenger from the Council.

“Welcome, Alphas and Lunas.” He said as he clasped his hands together, he didn’t look that welcoming at all nor did he look unwelcoming. He simply looked as if there were better things to do out there, or he’d just seen enough. “We are very thankful for your attendance. I am Nicholas Colt, under the service of Elder Akerman, and I will be escorting you to the Sessimonium location. Each of you have been allotted one car, except for Alpha Brand’s family, which have been allotted two. All the luggage will be placed into a separate vehicle.” He motioned for them to get into the parked cars. “It will take about three to five hours to get there, so please do make yourselves comfortable.”

“Will we be having any stop overs?” Kate asked before anyone could move.

“If you wish to have a break, please tell this to the driver, Luna Brand,” Mr. Colt said, his face remaining bored.

Marcus placed his arm around Lia, pulling her close. “Let’s get to the car. The sooner we reach Salamanca the better.” He pulled her along as the other Alphas made their way to the cars. “You haven’t eaten anything since right after we left, have you?”

“Nope, nothing after the salad and salmon you gave. Just the tea.”

“Alpha, Luna.” The bald man in front of the Escalade bowed his head at them. “My name is Ronald, and I will be the driver for tonight.”

They exchanged greetings and Marcus made sure she was safely buckled in before overseeing Jace and the others with the luggage. Soon, everyone was in the car, with a little fight with the boys over who got to be shotgun or not, and thereby avoiding the cramped space of the back. In the end, through the reliable game of rock, paper, scissors, Clyde won it out. Through another round, the order of the back seat was decided. And so it came to be that Lincoln sat in the middle, between Jace and Taylor.

“I swear, someone cheated,” Lincoln muttered as he buckled his seatbelt.

“Dude, you just fucking suck at games,” Jace said getting comfortable in his seat behind Lia.

Marcus got in, and the driver closed the door for him. Ronald then entered the vehicle and promptly started it.

Lia yawned and closed her eyes, leaning her head towards her mate.

When Lia opened her eyes again, she saw that Marcus was laying her down on a bed. He removed her scarf and shoes.

“What time is it?” Lia asked groggily.

“Locally, it’s…” He quickly looked at his wrist watch and calculated, “…7:03 in the morning, but back home it’s one in the morning, so you should sleep some more, sweetheart.” He sat her up and helped her remove the jacket and jeans she wore, and then he let her lay back down.

“Hhmmm…” Lia turned on her side, closing her eyes. “Just for a little… I want to go around before tonight.”

“We will, Lia, we will,” Marcus whispered as he kissed her temple.

When Lia next woke up, Marcus was sleeping beside her. She grinned as she slowly scooted over to where he was. She looked at his face, peaceful and tranquil, then she noticed that he already had a stubble growing, and his hair was already messy. He was facing away from her.

Lia gently blew on his face, but that did nothing but make his eyebrows scrunch together. Then she came up closer until her lips were by his cheek.

Then she bit him.

Next thing she knows, she’s on her back, looking up at grey eyes. Marcus has his hands planted on either side of her head and his legs on either side of hers, trapping them. She smiles cheekily at him. She reaches up and places her arms around his neck, pulling him down to kiss her.

Of course the kiss becomes more intense, and soon, he rolled off her pulling her on top of him, breaking the kiss.

“You’re very energetic this morning,” he teases as he kisses her again.

Lia blushed for a moment, smiling. “Come on, we need to go and look around…” she did jazz hands, “Salamanca.”

With a last peck, she got off of him and made way to her luggage. The room they stayed in was quite comfortable, with wooden floors, and the themes of the room seemed to be beige, off-white and gold. She lay her suit case on the floor, and opened it. She took out the formal gowns and placed them inside the closet, then she took out the outfit she had planned for that day. She looked up at Marcus, who was smiling at her oddly.

“What?” She asked.

He shook his head. “Nothing, sweetheart. Seeing you excited makes me smile.”

Lia blushed once more, rolling her eyes. “Hurry and get dressed, or I’m leaving without you.” She then headed to the bathroom, toiletries and outfit on hand.

It took them an hour and a half to get ready.

“Now we don’t have much time,” Lia huffed as she wore her coat. She went to her bag, which was next to Marcus on the bed. “You just had to enter the bathroom while I was in, didn’t you?”

Marcus looked up at her as he tied the shoelaces to his sneakers. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer, giving her a kiss. When he pulled back, he grinned. “Baby, we both know you enjoyed our shower just as much as I did.”

Lia’s face turned red, something the make-up did nothing to hide. She rolled her eyes and picked up her bag, going to the door, muttering. Marcus managed to catch up to her before she reached the elevator.

“Hold the door!”

Marcus pressed the button to keep the door open, and waited for the young woman to enter.

Gracias,” she smiled at them. She had an accent that distinctly wasn’t Spanish, and it sounded to Lia’s ears to be Russian.

“It’s good to see you, Anika,” Marcus said to her as the elevator door closed, pressing the button to the ground floor.

“You, too, Alpha Baron,” she gave a small bow, a wide smile on her face as she looked at Marcus.

She was tall in stature, nearly reaching Marcus’ height, and was very beautiful. She had bright red hair, tied into a braid that was over her shoulder, going down her front, her eyes were a bright blue that somehow matched her porcelain face. Her cheeks were high, and nose, tall. Her lips were thin and pink, and there was a just a tiny set of freckles over her cheeks and nose. Lia noted that she smelled like ice—and human.

“Is this your Luna?” Anika turned to Lia, her face was curious and offered Lia no smile, making her feel slightly apprehensive.

Marcus nodded, pride swelling up within him at being able to introduce her as his Luna. “Yes, this is Lia, my mate. Lia, this is Anika Gurkovsky, daughter of Alpha Gurkovsky from the Snegopad Volch’ya staya, a Russian pack.”

“It’s very good to meet you, Luna,” she said. Her English was really good, too, although there was still a very distinct accent.

“It’s really nice to meet you, too, Anika,” Lia smiled cheerfully. She mind linked Marcus, It’s her! Lincoln’s mate!

Marcus looked at her, surprised, then he looked troubled, though Lia didn’t know why. He turned to Anika, his face becoming neutral. “Where are you going? Is Evgeniy going with you?”

Anika shook her head. “Net—No. Evgeniy must spend time with otets. He is inheriting soon.”

“I see, how old is your father?”

Otets is nearly fifty, and Evgeniy is twenty five, it is about time he inherits—papasha needs to retire and mamochka is getting impatient,” she said.

The doors opened and they stepped out unto the lobby of the hotel.

Lia turned to the young woman, who should be about her age. “Would you like to have lunch with us?”

Net,” she shook her head. “I already ate, I want to go see the city as much as I can, but, spaseeba—thank you for the offer.” The redhead went ahead after bowing to the two.

When she was safely out of the building, Lia looked at Marcus, frowning. “She ins’t very… friendly, is she?”

Marcus scrunched his eyebrows together, looking at her as he put his arm around her. “Why is that?”

“She didn’t smile, or maybe she’s just shy…?” Lia said, trying to find reason for the behavior.

Marcus laughed at her.

“What?”

“Sweetheart, Russian people don’t exactly smile a lot—least of all to strangers,” Marcus says as they make their way to the door. “Although, they become quite energetic during formal occasions, so just wait for tonight.”

Lia still wasn’t convinced. “I worry that Lincoln might have a hard time with her.”

“Lia, Lincoln will have a hard time,” Marcus said, chuckled darkly, and Lia was puzzled. “She’s an Alpha’s daughter, and not just any Alpha at that, The Snegopad Volch’ya staya is one of the most powerful and strongest packs in the world. And she’s more like her father than her mother, of course Lincoln is going to have a hard time, aside from personality, he’ll also have to deal with her past.”

Before Lia could ask what he meant, or what the name meant in English, someone had called Marcus. Marcus looked back and saw Caesar and Emery walking towards them, together with two men who were familiar to Marcus.

“Ilya, Grigori,” Marcus nodded at them, giving them a smile. “It’s been a while.”

“Alpha Baron,” Grigori, a bald, muscular man in his late twenties, nodded at Marcus. He wore a simple black shirt and jeans. His accent was thick, and he sounded stiff. He eyed Lia for a while, but looked down when she made eye contact with his dark eyes.

“It’s good to see you again,” Ilya smiled as well, bowing slightly. He looked at Lia, narrowing his eyes, making Lia uncomfortable. He had shoulder length black hair, and sharp features. He, too, wore a black shirt and jeans. She looked away and she felt Marcus’ grip tighten on her shoulder. “But we can’t catch up as of yet, unfortunately.” He gave an apologetic smile. “Have you seen the dama? Grigori and I have been assigned to her.”

“Anika?” Marcus asked. “Yeah, she just left. She was in the elevator with us.”

Ilya muttered something that seemed to Lia as a string of curses.

“Thank you, Alphas, Lunas,” Ilya bowed to both couples, as did Grigori, before they left the hotel lobby to follow their ward, walking briskly.

“It’s like they never learn with that girl,” Caesar said, shaking his head.

“Every day is a field day with that one,” Marcus sighed, kissing Lia’s temple.

“Marcus, look at this!” Lia held up a figurine of a skull with a frog on its head for Marcus to see.

They were in a souvenir shop, and Lia wanted to get something for those in the pack. Marcus had acted as a tour guide, they spent an hour or so with Emery and Caesar, but the two couples decided to separate after a while, and just meet up at the dinner. Lia found that she liked Emery, and was warmed by Caesar’s personality, although she was still scared of his sheer size.

“That’s for good academic luck,” Marcus said as he grabbed the figurine from her, turning it.

“Oooohhh,” Lia smiled as she grabbed another figurine. “Maybe I should get one for Sophie and Henry. Then maybe the keychains for the other ones.”

“Sweetheart, we have to go,” Marcus said as he came up beside her.

She looked up at him and huffed, pouting. “But I haven’t chosen what to get them yet.”

“That’s alright,” he smiled, kissing her temple. “We have the whole week.”

“Okay,” Lia nodded, placing the figurine down.

She interlaced her fingers with Marcus’ hand as they walked out of the store. There were people walking about, but not a lot of cars. The sun was still out, although already low in the sky. They walked in silence for a while, holding hands. Lia’s other hand was holding on her sling bag strap, while Marcus was carrying shopping bags from their mini-spree in his free hand.

“Marcus?” Lia asked after a while of silence. They were nearing the hotel.

“Yes, Lia?” Marcus smiled. It was really interesting what hearing her voice, especially when saying his name, did to him.

“Tonight will turn out fine, right?” Lia said, her eyes looking up at him.

Before he could answer, they heard a voice call out.

“Ben! Ben, you come back here!”

Suddenly, a little child collided with her from behind, hugging her legs. She fell slightly forwarded, and without Marcus’ steady hands, she would’ve fallen.

She looked back to see a child, Ben, giggling and clapping his hands as he looked up at her. He was soon picked up by his older brother, Gerard.

“Sorry about that, Alpha, Luna,” Gerard said, looking apologetic. He looked a lot like his father, strong build and kind, brown eyes with a head full of brown hair. “Ben likes to run, even though he’s just one.”

“It’s fine,” Lia smiled kindly. “He’s cute, so I’ll forgive him.” She held out her arms, “May I?”

Ben, knowing what the gesture meant, reached out for her. “Cawwy.”

Gerard laughed. “He likes you, so go ahead.” He handed Ben to her and she carried him against her, his face looking directly at hers.

Marcus’ looked around. “Don’t you have anyone else with you?”

“There are actually guards everywhere, I just asked them to keep some distance,” Gerard smiled.

“Hish shquishing muh fesh,” Lia said and they both looked at her to see that Ben was holding her face, making her cheeks push towards her nose, making them puff up as he giggled. He was all too happy a child.

“Ben!” Gerard took him from Lia, despite his slight protest. “You don’t do that.”

Lia laughed. “It’s actually okay, kids are amazing… except… you know, when they’re not,” she shrugged.

“Alright,” Marcus smiled, looking at his wristwatch. “We have to get going, the Sessimonium will start soon.” He reached out for Lia’s hand once more. He looked at Gerard before going. “You should get going, too, Gerard.”

“You know, Lia, the world could end any minute now, and you’d still be too busy putting eyeliner on your eyebrows.”

“Marcus, it’s called an eyebrow pencil—it’s for the eyebrows,” Lia replied as she finished applying the pencil over her brows, looking pointedly at him from the vanity.

Looking at the mirror, she saw him smirk as he looked at her through the mirror. He was bent down just above her shoulder, he kissed her exposed shoulder unexpectedly. “I know, sweetheart, I was raised by a fashion guru.”

“I’m nearly done, I just need to wear the dress.” At this point, she was wearing a bathrobe, not wanting to ruin her dress with a possible stain from the make-up.

Lia stood up and she went to the closet where she had kept the formal dresses. She got the black one and unzipped the back. She felt eyes on her and she looked at Marcus, who was watching her intently.

“Don’t look,” Lia blushed.

“Sweetheart, we’re mated,” Marcus stated as he leaned against the bedpost. “I’ve seen everything.”

She gave a dry laugh. “Ha. Keep that up and you’re not going to see anything for a while.” He promptly turned around, and she smiled as she changed.

When she finished with the dress, she walked past Marcus to grab her shoes and sat on the bed to put them on.

“Let me.” Marcus kneels in front of her and her breath hitches as he helps her place the shoes on, tingles running up her skin as he touched her. When he finished, he stood up and held his hand out to her. “Come on, let’s go.”

She took his hand and allowed him to pull her up. “You’re going to give me a heart attack one of these days.”

“Sweetheart, it’s you who’ll give me a heart attack,” he whispered, kissing her temple.

Clyde and Jace were outside the room, with Lincoln and Taylor down the hallway, having just got out of theirs. They were all dressed in the suits to differentiate them from the Alphas and the Lunas who were present.

“Are you all ready?” Lia asked them, smiling. Nervousness built up inside her, afraid of what could happen tonight.

“Yes.” Clyde nodded.

“You look beautiful, Luna,” Lincoln said as he came up next to them.

Lia’s face lit up. “Thank you.”

Marcus raised an eyebrow at Lincoln, giving him a glare.

“Don’t even start, Marcus,” Lia said, rolling her eyes as she grabbed Marcus, who wrapped his arm around her shoulders. She looked at all of them, her face serious. “Whatever happens tonight, I need you all to just trust me, alright?”

They all nodded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 23.5K 41
When Leah is gifted with an abusive mate, you'd think she would give up on werewolves altogether. But a new experience opens her mind and heart to pa...
6.4K 473 40
This is the sequel to A new dawn Symphony and her pack have always been in charge to watch over the humans. When rouges attack her pack her and her s...
17.9K 791 17
(2nd book in the Alpha's mates series) Avyanna is just an ordinary girl with ordinary parents. "Well that was completely wrong way to describe me, I'...
28.7K 907 49
"This is how it should be, I belonged in his arms and he in mine." Rose Lockheart is the only one of her kind, that she knows of anyway. She isn't h...