The Revenant Queen 2 (wlw)

By Kailaniarcher

FANTASY/ LESBIAN FICTION Chaos spreads among the supernatural world and amid the violence, hatred, and sabota... More

Author's Note
Epigraph
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty- Two
Chapter Twenty- Three
Chapter Twenty- Four
Chapter Twenty- Five
Chapter Twenty- Six
Chapter Twenty- Seven
Chapter Twenty- Eight
Chapter Twenty- Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty- One
Chapter Thirty- Two
Chapter Thirty- Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Chapter Thirty- Five
Chapter Thirty- Six
Chapter Thirty- Seven
Chapter Thirty- Eight
Chapter Thirty- Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty- One
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty- Three
Chapter Forty- Four
Chapter Forty- Five
Chapter Forty- Six
Chapter Forty- Seven
Chapter Forty- Eight
Chapter Forty- Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty- One
Chapter Fifty- Two
Chapter Fifty- Three
Chapter Fifty- Four
Chapter Fifty- Five
Chapter Fifty- Six
Chapter Fifty- Seven
Chapter Fifty- Eight
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty- One
Chapter Sixty- Two
Chapter Sixty- Three
Chapter Sixty- Four
Chapter Sixty- Five
Chapter Sixty- Six
Chapter Sixty- Seven
Chapter Sixty- Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Fifty- Nine

1.3K 98 62
By Kailaniarcher

Drying her face the moment she felt a presence at her side, Colette sat up making sure her bum was rested well on the last step on the flight of stairs that led down the chamber. Her gaze to the table the woman laid on, she pretended to be deep in thoughts while regarding her as she noted the person next to her. Neither people said anything as they lingered. It went on that way until she spun to the side and glared up at this figure.

"She is beautiful," said Aenon when Colette studied him and he watched her lips curl into a tiny smile at his compliment to the queen.

The man then took his time as he too eventually sat on the stoop. His gaze pinned to the large woman who he remembered fought so fearlessly. He was yet to learn more about her but he was aware of her identity, she was the infamous revenant queen, or so it was believed.

"She is beautiful," Colette's voice croaked when she responded and in agreement with the man's statement. She inevitably tried to clear her throat once she heard how hoarse she was.

"She fought like Bellator..." Aenon trailed off and when he realized the brunette didn't understand the meaning of the word he turned to her, puffing his chest. "Warrior," he repeated but in the language she understood.

"She fought like a warrior,"

Chuckling at his odd accent and the amusing way he puffed himself out, Colette turned her focus back to the motionless figure and she studied her. That was the first time she'd ever seen Adira fight like that, sure there was the incident at the hearing some weeks prior but that was not fought at her highest potential, so it was different.

Nodding as she let the words of her new friend sink deeper and deeper, the girl hums to herself. "She was a warrior, but she always tried not to be."

"I understand. And not only was she that, but your lover too, yes?"

"Yes, my lover... she was my lover,"

"I see. In our culture, it is fine for two women and even two men to love each other. We encourage the people of the ocean to live their true lives as is expected. It is only on the land that I've come to learn such thing is quomodo ego dico verba?" He trailed off, gesturing with his large hands.

"Frowned on... frowned pond,"

Colette laughed and it was the first time in nearly three days that she'd genuinely done it and in turn, she made the soldier laugh. "Frowned upon?" She inquired with an arched brow when she realized what the young man tried to say. Aenon's blue eyes lit up when he heard that the girl understood what he'd meant.

"Sic. Yes, frowned upon. Here on land, such love is frowned upon,"

"Not everywhere though. Everyone I knew was fine with me being gay, but I understand what you mean. Some people in other parts of the world still can't wrap their minds around the existence of queer people and the love they experience."

"That is why you should come with us. As the chosen one, the queen picked by the Avalon herself, you will never have to worry anymore. You can marry in any of the oceans or the seas, there are plenty suitors for you,"

Colette frowned at the man's words and for a moment she was irritated to the point of saying something. How could he say such things to her? Did he not understand the significance of Adira's presence in her life, in everyone's life? For him to just casually mention her ability to freely engage in whatever dating spree she needed when her love had died only a day prior was a bit insensitive but then she remembered Adira was somewhat of a stranger to the man. She was too but it was expected of him and everyone else to treat her with respect and loyalty since she was bound to the Avalon.

Choosing not to hold it against him, the girl turned her attention back to the sleeping woman, noting the incessant dripping of water in the vicinity.

"Thank you for the offer but I'd rather not indulge in any of that," she replied.

"Of course, I understand that it may be too soon for such talks but it is necessary or it can be if you choose,"

"Yeah,"

Silence fell among the two people as they listened to water that never stopped dripping.

"I heard that you and the others plan to head back soon, is that true?" Asked the girl without warning but it wasn't as if the man planned to lie, so he spoke the truth.

"Yes," answered Aenon.

"Why, the world is in a mess? I thought you were here to help us,"

"And we have done that for the past three days. We can not stay, well, we choose not to because of the state this world is in. It is safer in the water and we think it is best if you came too, we cannot protect you in separate worlds,"

"So screw my family and friends?"

"Our duty is to protect and serve you, that is what the spiritual leaders in our kingdoms down below ordered us to do. You are to be protected and if that means you and all the people you know, so be it,"

"I don't think my family would want to suddenly move to the ocean. I don't even think they'd survive."

"They can live close to the ocean, for you can visit them often,"

The young girl stepped from the stoop and when she did, she turned to glare down at the man. He looked so blissfully unaware, so happy to be there on land that he did not realize how hurt she was, how awful the world above them was. Nothing was the same, people were no longer safe, the rogue creatures of the paranormal world roamed free, tormenting the weak, the governments in parts of the world was no more, the elites were probably safer than most but overall it was just mayhem and despair.

"That is sweet but as I said, my family won't jump at the offer to do something like that,"

"Then we will protect them by all other means,"

"Right," thought Colette as she eyed him. "Why didn't you guys help to protect her?" Her question stirred intrigue in the man. He watched as she stood, inches away from leaving the room if she wanted but something kept her there and it was that question.

"There were so many of you, you could've done something that would've saved her life," added Colette.

"To us, she was just another person who fought. We did not know she was special to you until after the deed was done. The only thing that was told to us was that there would be a queen unlike any we'd ever seen and the people who revealed such was right. Your relationship with the woman was never mentioned to us,"

Aenon eventually stood too and he kept his aquamarine eyes to the girl who looked unwell. "We did not avoid saving her, we were busy trying to help others and you."

"I see," replied Colette and before she'd burst into even more tears, she quickly left the room to find the others.

It took her a moment to get to them and when she got to the first floor, the rain had started to drizzle. The open sky that shone down at some parts of the manor was due to the other floors having crumbled. Colette was able to see how dirty the sky still was when she looked up. The sun hadn't shone ever since that awful battle had begun and she understood its unwillingness to show itself, nothing was bright anymore. The world wasn't happy and it made sense not to shine down on a world filled with greed and violence.

"I'm ready to leave," announced the girl when she came upon Aksel, Petra, Beth and some of the other revenants. Her friends, Felix and Hans had also joined the gathering and the concerned look she saw on the people's faces made her want to run away while bawling her eyes out again. They looked like they were discussing her wellbeing, it was obvious because the moment she stepped into their circle, their conversation ended.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Questioned Petra.

Nodding frantically, Colette bit the inside of her cheek to keep herself together. The tears were right there again, she also felt that sting inside of her throat and chest and before she broke down once more she opted to leave.

"And I think we should start with the funeral arrangements for her majesty and the other revenants. It's been a long enough time keeping her there like that," She said sticking her hand in her pockets and brushing past the people.

They were all worried and confused but said nothing about her unusual behaviour.

"I will stay here with the revenants as they gather what they can of the others." Chimed Aksel.

"Yeah, and Hans and I will stay to make sure no one tries anything like maybe steal her body," said Felix and although it sounded silly, they all knew how valuable a thing like the late woman's body could be. There were probably people carousing at her demise and her corpse could potential come as a trophy to them.

"Since she requested the arrangements to be made, I'll speak with the staff for them to salvage what they can and we'll get her changed into something more appropriate." Added the warlock.

"I'll assist with that," replied Petra.

"So that's it huh?" Asked Beth and everyone studied her.

"Well, we go by Colette's orders now," said Hans and the group of people remained quiet until Petra sighed.

"I'll go speak with her to ya know... hear what else she has to say about the arrangements. There might be some things she'd want to be done specifically. She might also have a time frame set in mind," mentioned the vixen before she broke away from the group.

Jogging off to where the girl had gone, the vampire felt pity and sadness. Pity for the young girl who was about to make funeral preparations for her love, something she never would've imagined doing in her lifetime. But the world was an unpredictable place and the fact that she was the one about to have the conversation with Colette also showed how true that was. The sadness the woman felt was for both her brother and former love. It was a sad day, an awful day for when she would've finished planning the final resting for Adira, she'd then have to worry about her brother and that would be the end for them.

Finding Colette stood in a corner, hugging herself, Petra made sure to keep her distance as she listened to the quiet sobs. How was she even going to have such a conversation with the girl in that state?

Swallowing down whatever pride she had, the older woman placed a hand on the girl's shoulder, slowly pulling her in for a hug, something she never would've foreseen... Ever.

The second she did that, Colette slouched against her torso, hiding her face as she wept and wept in her embrace.

×

Isabella, having returned to Italy, found that her home was still well intact and that was because of the countless people she had working and living in her mansion. They worked tirelessly, which she knew so when she showed up in the middle of the afternoon she allowed them each a moment to relax knowing they'd be safe. There was no need for constant surveillance, chanting of spells, nothing and the woman had a reason for that. She had plans unlike what was common within her nature and she was too proud and too prideful to let too many people know what this plan of hers entailed, so she secluded herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 59 2
I just moved to Beacon Hills, with my friend Nyla, in search of my coven. What will happen when I wake up in the middle of the night to see a boy si...
226K 8.7K 37
This is a story about rejection, finding love, and friendship. What happens when a teenage girl is rejected and finds a second chance mate? She train...
452K 27.4K 66
"You just love getting yourself into trouble, don't you?" Moonwitches, the rarest and most powerful beings in the entire universe. They are favored b...
7.2K 385 32
~Lesbian romance & Mature language~ *Second book in The Haven Series* *Cannot be read as a stand-alone book* Here we are five years later, fighting f...