Retrocognition

By cammie_grace

Blythe Tatum expected her freshman year at university to be nerve-wracking, though nothing out of the ordinar... More

introduction
1 | beginning
2 | opposites
3 | bold
4 | tragedy
5 | foolish
6 | fear
7 | ludicrous
8 | nervous
9 | rationality
10 | close
11 | intoxicating
12 | blinded
13 | translucent
14 | trust
15 | hallucination
16 | wary
17 | bliss
18 | weight
19 | solace
20 | burning red
21 | warning
22 | foreign
23 | careful
24 | sorry
26 | déjà vu
27 | safe
28 | unspoken conversation
29 | endearing
30 | tempting
31 | instinct
32 | morbid
33 | dejected
34 | games
35 | bad influence
36 | disoriented
37 | abnormal
38 | promise
39 | passive aggressive
40 | outburst
41 | ominous
42 | secret
43 | visions
44 | instincts
45 | supernatural
46 | hiding
47 | unrecognizable
48 | revelation
49 | vile
50 | peaceful
51 | monster
52 | paranormal
53 | controlling
54 | dying
55 | regret
56 | distraction
57 | messy
58 | leave
59 | appreciate
60 | endanger
61 | snake
62 | stop
63 | help
64 | chill
65 | cold-hearted
66 | over
67 | exposé
68 | heal
69 | haunting
70 | surreal
71 | solace
72 | outstanding
73 | details
74 | falling
75 | clarity
76 | future

25 | heated

140 3 0
By cammie_grace

"Cool," Jacob says with a wide smile. "I can't wait."

"I'm excited," I tell him, unable to ward off a grin of my own. "I think it will go well."

"I hope so." Jacob's thumb runs circles along the back of my hand as we walk, and the warmth of his touch seeps into my skin. "I'm kind of nervous. I want to make a good impression."

I snort, glancing up at my boyfriend with a teasing expression. "You're just meeting my friends, Jacob. Not my parents."

"Still," Jacob argues sheepishly, "I can tell they're really protective of you. I want them to know they can trust me and that I only have good intentions."

The night air has a bitter chill to it. As summer has given way to fall, the temperature has dropped with almost no warning. I shiver as the breeze blows, thankful for the full moon that illuminates the sky up above. I haven't felt safe walking the campus at night since the beginning of the school year, though Jacob's presence helps to calm my nerves slightly. I know no harm will come to me with him by my side.

"You're cute," I tease, gazing up at him with a grin. My heart warms as I take in the sight of him, unable to bite back a soft smile.

Since the two of us started going out, Jacob has made a point to walk me back to my dorm if I have a night class so that I don't have to walk home alone. I know he is trying to be courteous, though the recent death on campus plays an underlying role in Jacob's precautionary behavior. I can't complain, as I'm secretly grateful to have his protection. Unfortunately, walking the streets alone at night for a female is something out of a nightmare. I know I can hold my own, yet a male presence throws off any threatening strangers. What irony, when a female feels the need to be protected by a male from any other potentially harmful males.

"You're cute," Jacob retorts, his stare meeting mine.

He comes to a stop as we walk, pulling me towards him by taking my hand in his. Excitement courses through my veins as he smirks down at me, his free hand cradling the back of my head as he leans his body close to mine, fingertips lost in my hair. I feel as if I'm floating on cloud nine when Jacob's lips meet mine, teasing me with the whisper of a touch before colliding in a tender kiss.

It doesn't take long for the moment to become heated. I giggle as Jacob rests his grip upon my hips, gently pushing me back against the brick wall of the building behind us. He kisses me as we stand on the sidewalk, teasing each other underneath the gleam of the stars and moonbeams.

I close my eyes, losing myself in Jacob's lips and the warmth of his touch.

———
a/n: i'm w my gf YAY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201 10 10
Bhanu fell for the most popular guy in college who sees her as a friend, while trying to express her love to him, she faces a mysterious person who t...
68 0 8
Emily is a college student that takes pride in her school work, she rarely ever goes out to parties. She likes to keep to her self and has a few real...
2.1M 61.7K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
4.9K 1.2K 43
The choices of youth shape the lives of many. What if falling in love meant giving up yourself, and your privacy; would you still fall? Focused on...