The Rose's Shadow

By GramzonDragon

Beacon has fallen. Our heroes now must travel to Haven to get some answers. But everyone is scattered across... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Noncanon Halloween Special
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6

Chapter 5

476 13 2
By GramzonDragon

Qrow coughed as he was leaning against the tree.

Ruby: Are you alright uncle Qrow?

Qrow: *Cough* I'm fine...

Vernde looked at the purple stained bandages that were wrapped around the drunk's torso.

Vernde: Bullshit, you've been poisoned and you know it.

Y/N: He's right.

Y/N walked up to Qrow and quickly knocked him out.

Ruby: Y/N! Why did you do that?!

Y/N: Got any other ideas on how to make a stubborn drunk agree with you?

Ruby: I'm pretty sure I could've talked to him.

Y/N laid Qrow on the makeshift stretcher and picked him up with the help of Jaune.

Y/N: Next time, we'll try it your way. But right now, Qrow needs medical attention.

Vernde: MEDIC!

Everyone stared at Vernde in confusion.

Neo: Why did you shout that?

Vernde: Sorry, I was kinda hoping a medic would appear from nowhere.

They shook their heads at him. After a few minutes of walking, Y/N looked around and recognized the trail.

Y/N: (It can't be.)

Nora ran ahead to a signpost. She excitedly pointed at the sign before going quiet. Ruby ran up to them and suggested going through Kuroruri.

Ren: There's nothing there!

Neo: Well, there is no way we can make it through the mountains with the condition Qrow is in.

Y/N: Me, Nora, and Ren will go through the mountains to get a better view of the land to see if there is a better route to take.

Ruby: But Y/N...

Y/N: Please Ruby, besides, someone needs to keep an eye on them.

Neo and Jaune picked up Qrow and headed towards Kuroruri, while Y/N, Nora, and Ren went to the mountains.

Y/N: (Guess this is the one thing I can't face.)

Meanwhile

Uraraka watched as Deku ran off, disappearing into the trees. Drake sighed as he hoped it would've gone smoother.

Drake: Damn. I was hoping he would at least listen to you.

Uraraka: So... What now?

Drake turned and began walking down the road.

Drake: Now? You stick with me until I can get you both back to your universe.

Uraraka nodded as she followed Drake, both vanishing into the shadows.

Elsewhere

Y/N walked behind Nora and Ren while looking at the ground. Ren noticed this and stopped.

Ren: Are you ok?

Y/N: No. Years ago I made a promise to never run away. And I broke it because I can't even face the past.

Nora: Hey guys! I found a cave! Think it might lead us to higher ground?

Y/N looked at the cave and suddenly felt his body become very heavy. Like something was in there that he didn't want to see. He shook off the feeling and nodded.

Y/N: Probably, only one way to find out.

As the three of them entered the cave, they noticed different weapons scattered across the floor.

Y/N: What the hell?

As the continued looking around they found banners belonging to villages from the surrounding area. Ren then picked up a familiar banner and Y/N's eyes widened in horror.

Y/N: Oh no...

With that he bolted out of the cave and headed down the mountain with Ren and Nora close behind.

Kuroyuri

Ruby and the others searched the ruined buildings while Vernde kept an eye on Qrow. The girl in red entered a home and looked around. As she took a step forward, she heard a crunch from under her foot. She moved her foot to see a dusty picture frame. Carefully picking it up she removed the glass and saw the picture making her eyes widen.

Ruby: This is... Y/N's home...

Ruby removed the picture from the frame and carefully put it in her pocket. She then continued to search for something that would help her uncle, while also grabbing a few things her lover would like to keep.

Y/N: Ruby! Ruby!

Ruby looked outside and saw Y/N, Nora, and Ren running down the road in panic. She saw them stop, with Ren dropping to his knees. Ruby looked down the street and her eyes widened seeing a large Grimm making it's way towards them.

Ruby: What the...

The Nuckelavee's upper body cracked as it looked up at the humans before letting off a loud screech. The others, hearing the screech, quickly rushed to the center of the town.

Neo: Is that...?

Vernde: A Nuckelavee? Yes!

Jaune: What's the plan?

Y/N grit his teeth as he charged in wielding only his dagger, with hatred in his eyes. The Grimm swung it's stretchy arm at the man knocking him into the building Ruby was in.

Ruby: Y/N! Are you okay?

Y/N grunted as he sat up to try again, only for Ruby to stop him.

Ruby: Please! Don't rush out there recklessly!

Y/N: You don't understand! That thing killed my parents!

Y/N stood up and began to walk out of the hole in the wall when Ruby hugged him from behind.

Ruby: Please... I know you are angry. But I don't want to lose you.

Y/N felt his back getting wet and sighed.

Y/N: Very well, my Rose. What do you have planned?

Ruby thought for a moment before giving out the orders.

Ruby: Neo! Vernde! Take care of the left arm!

Neo&Vernde: On it!

Ruby: Jaune! You and me will take care of the other arm!

Juane: Understood!

Ruby: Nora!

Nora: Yeah?

Ruby: Smash that horse!

Nora: Got it... *Evil laugh*

Y/N: What about me and Ren?

Ruby: You two take care of the rest.

Y/N nodded and so did Ren. With that, Neo, Vernde, Ruby, and Jaune ran towards the Grimm and dug their weapons through it's arms. With a single thrust, it's arms were pinned to the ground. The horse part tried moving forward until it's backside was smashed into the ground.

Nora: Nora Smash!

The Nuckelavee collapsed as Ren and Y/N walked up to it with their Father's daggers drawn. They sliced off the Grimm's arms while saying their own thing.

Ren: For my family.

Left arm.

Y/N: For my home.

Right arm.

Ren: For all those who suffered.

Torso.

Y/N&Ren: For myself!

With those final words, they both sliced off the head, killing the Nuckelavee. Everyone let out a sigh of relief as Ruby went to check on her uncle. Y/N looked up and saw two airships coming their way. The air crew told them that they saw black smoke and decided to investigate it since the town was abandoned. As they were flying to Mystral, Ren and Nora were leaning on each other. Jaune was looking out the door, lost in thought. Neo was with Vernde checking up on Qrow. And Ruby was cuddling Y/N.

Ruby: Are you feeling ok?

Y/N: I feel torn between terrified and relieved. I couldn't face my past and you almost got hurt.

Ruby: The main thing is... You came back. Despite how scared you were.

Y/N: I'm so sorry...

Y/N began to cry as Ruby held him close.

Ruby: You've been strong for others for so long. It's about time someone is strong for you.

They sat there for a few minutes as Ruby rubbed his back. Eventually she decided to pull out the photo she picked up earlier.

Ruby: I found this, I figured you would want to have it.

Y/N took the photo and his eyes widened.

Y/N: This is... My grandmother. How did you...

Ruby: I found it in your old home.

Y/N hugged Ruby tightly with a small smile.

Y/N: Thank you.

Meanwhile

Yang and Samantha got onto a familiar boat and stared out at the ocean.

Samantha: So, any idea how to find our families?

Yang: Yes, my mother has this semblance that allows her to make portals to people she has strong connections to.

Samantha: Let's pray that she'll be helpful.

Elsewhere

A tall pale woman watched as a hand emerged from the Grimm pool in front of her.

Salem: Welcome back... Delco Orenji.

A/N

Well, it's been... ALMOST SIX MONTHS?! I really need to update this more often... And not get distracted by video games.

Guess we all finally got to know what happened here. And I know the Nuckelavee fight was short, but remember, there where more people there to take it down.

So vote, comment, and leave your support for the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 137 12
Y/n is on a never ending journey. He had made some friends during his travels. what awaits him now.
30.5K 799 31
Just read the damn thing.. (I don't not own ANYTHING here, RWBY, JJK, or any other pictures and stuff I say isn't owned.)
3.9K 76 39
The story continues after the fall of Beacon as Ruby and the rest of team JNPR head to Haven Acadamy while Dan and Drago help Yang with recovery. But...
40.3K 876 15
Beacon has fallen, Ozpin is gone, and the rest of the world is perplexed on what happened to Beacon, Ruby, Janue, Nora, and Ren have set off to find...