Mystery Angel ( Book 3)

By Loveth58

Michael had a terrible past. A past that ruined him. A past he wished to forget. A past that made heaven deni... More

Author's Note
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34( Epilogue)
Author's Note

Chapter 23

26 4 7
By Loveth58

Jessie's eyes slowly opened. She scanned around the room until her gaze eventually rested on her sister, who was asleep beside her. She tried to stand up but felt severe pain on her side. A groan escaped her lips. She shut her eyes tightly as she absorbed the pain. She took in a deep breath before opening her eyes again. 

She gently positioned one of her legs firmly on the ground, and a few seconds later, she placed the other one. She sat on the mattress, taking in a deep breath. Jessie noticed the marks on her body were all gone. She finally stood up from the bed and made her way slowly to the door, opening it. She shut the door quietly in order not to wake her sleeping sister. 

Every step she took down the stairs felt traumatic. When she finally reached the end of the stairs, she sighed in relief. She was about to take another step in the direction of the kitchen when she felt someone’s gaze on her. She slowly turned, and she saw Michael watching her. Her heart skipped a beat, and she had the urge to walk up to him and wrap her hands around him, but she knew she couldn't give her thoughts any action. 

They stared at each other without saying anything. She could see the pain she caused to Michael, written all over his face. 'I wish I could turn back the hands of time.' She finally averted her eyes from Michael's. She couldn't bear the sight of him in pain, knowing that she caused it. “I just want to get something to eat," Jessie said softly. She turned and left for the kitchen when she didn't hear anything from Michael. 

When she reached the kitchen, she sat down. The pain on her side was killing her. She was about to stand up before she heard Michael's voice. She didn't know when he entered the kitchen. "What did you say?"

"I said I would make something for you to eat."  

"You don't have to do that. I can manage." 

One look from Michael made her end the argument. She watched Michael move around the kitchen. The silence in there was very awkward.  She had so many things to say to Michael, but she didn’t even know where to start from. She watched Michael move from the kitchen to the dining table and place her meals there. She immediately stood up and walked to the dining table. She looked up and noticed Michael staring at her.

"Thank you."

"I will go call Raphael so he can have a look at you.” Michael hurried out of the kitchen. 

                       ***** 

 Michael sighed in relief once he was out of Jessie's sight.  When he first noticed Jessie coming downstairs, he was so pleased that she was finally awake. He desired nothing more than to wrap his arms around her. Even when he saw Jessie struggling to get towards the kitchen, he wanted to put his arms around and lead her to the kitchen. He wanted to ask how she was feeling.

He made his way to where Raphael was seated with his eyes closed. Michael watched as Raphael opened his eyes after sensing his presence. 

"Hey," Raphael said.

"Jessie is awake," Michael announced.

"That's good news. Where is she? 

"She is at the dining table." Michael turned and led the way.  

When they reached the dining table, Michael saw that Jessie was deep in thought, and she had barely touched her food. Michael didn't like the way she was looking disturbed. Even though Jessie had hurt him, he still didn't want to see her in pain. 

"Hey, Jessie. How are you doing?" Raphael pulled her out of her thoughts.

"Not too good.” Her eyes drifted to Michael for a few seconds before she looked at Raphael. 

"Your side is still hurting, right? 

"Yes."

"Give me a minute. Let me go and get something for your pain."

Jessie nodded her head and watched Raphael leave.

Michael stood there, just looking at Jessie. He took a deep breath and opened his mouth to say something to her before he heard footsteps. He turned and saw Sunshine coming down the stairs. 

"Jessie," Sunshine called out.

"What is it?" 

"What are you doing here?" Sunshine folded her hands and glared at her sister.

"Eating, as you can see." Jessie gestured towards the food. 

"I can see that." Sunshine huffed.  "Why did you get out of bed without me?"

"You were sleeping." Jessie sounded very unsure. She didn’t know where their conversation was heading towards. She wondered why her sister was asking her so many questions.

"You should have woken me up. You are injured, and you are not supposed to be walking around the house by yourself."

"Will you stop behaving like my mother?" Jessie smiled and rolled her eyes at her sister 

"I'm your mother for as long as you are injured," Sunshine muttered. 

 "Whatever!" 

Michael could no longer hold his laughter. Watching them was hilarious.

Jessie's eyes went straight to Michael immediately when she heard him laugh. She smiled at him before averting her eyes.

"Here, Jessie." Raphael handed her a pill.

"Thank you."  

"Do take care of yourself. I will see you in the morning." Raphael walked away.

Jessie swallowed the pill, and Sunshine helped her with the dishes.

"Come on. Let's go. You need to rest." Sunshine gently pulled her sister to her feet.

"Good night, Michael," Sunshine said.

"Good night."

Jessie glanced at Michael one last time before they left.

                          **** 

The next morning, Jessie woke up with her sides not aching as much. She was so grateful for the pills Raphael gave her. She made her way to the bathroom. She stripped her clothes and turned on the shower.  A few minutes later, she came out of the bathroom.

"Good morning," Sunshine greeted 

 "Good morning to you too." 

"I will go take my bath." Sunshine stood up from the bed. She was about to shut the door but stopped midway.

"What is it? Did you forget something?"

"Don't go downstairs without me," Sunshine warned.

"I won't."

Jessie walked to the window and stared at nothing in particular. 'I have to talk to Michael.' She stood there for a while before she heard the door to the bathroom open, revealing Sunshine.

"Are you ready to go?" Jessie asked 

"Yes." Sunshine took Jessie's hand and led her out of the room.

When they got downstairs, the entire family was seated in the living room. Jessie felt uncomfortable in their presence. She didn't know how to act around them. She just felt like going back to her room.

"Hey!" Elena pulled Jessie out of her thoughts.

Jessie smiled at Elena, who smiled back at her and pulled her into a hug. "I'm glad you are okay." 

Jessie sighed in relief and hugged her back.

"How are you doing?" 

"I'm feeling better."

"That's good. Let's go have breakfast, everyone," Elena announced as she walked to the dining table. 

Jessie sat next to Sunshine. Her eyes kept drifting towards Michael as she ate her food.

Michael stood up from the dining table when he was done eating and left the spot. Jessie immediately stood up.

"Where are you going?" Sunshine asked.

"I will be right back." 

"But...."

"Let her go, Sunshine," Elena said softly.

Jessie didn't waste any time. She made her way in the direction Michael went. She saw him coming from a room upstairs, and she quickly went to him. "I have to talk with you." 

"We don't have anything to speak about, Jess." 

A tiny smile formed at Jessie's lip at the sound of the nickname Michael gave to her. "We have a lot to talk about," Jessie insisted.

Michael shook his head at her. He was about to walk away, but Jessie held him back.

"I'm so sorry, Michael. I never meant to hurt you." 

"But you did."

"I know. Hurting you was the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life. I was so scared of losing you. Everyone I have ever loved, all those who promised to stay with me, later turned their backs on me."

"I would never have done that."

"I know in my heart that you will never hurt me, but my mind just refused to listen to it. I'm sorry, Michael." Tears rolled down her face. "I didn't mean any of those things I said to you, Michael. If I can erase everything, I swear I will do so. You are everything to me, and I want to avoid losing you. I don't care if you have a soulmate. I will take every chance I have to be happy with you. Please, Michael. I want you back.

"I miss you so much. There wasn't a day that passed that I didn't think about you. I'm begging you. Please forgive me." Jessie tried to kneel, but Michael stopped her. "Please, Michael," Jessie whispered painfully with tears falling from her face. I can't live without you. I really can't. These past weeks have been hell for me. I can't go on anymore without you. Please, Michael."

Michael could no longer watch Jessie continue to tear up. He pulled her into a hug. Jessie cried hard as she hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry," she continued to whisper as she cried, hugging him. 

"Don't ever leave me again," Michael whispered.

 "Never!” Jessie muttered. I love you," Jessie whispered in his ears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43 0 9
There was a time when Angels and Demons were mere legends. Now Earth is the battleground, and the human population is in the middle of it all. As the...
225 6 14
There are stories about the supernatural, many stories about ghosts and spirits, or even about mythical creatures, but none of those stories can comp...
4.3K 228 32
Angels. Cute, little Heavenly beings, right? Wrong. The angels, all sixteen of them, have been exiled from Heaven. They fell to Earth and cra...
202 52 15
An angel with a hidden secret is supposed to save the world from evil forces. Can she do it, or will she fall to the dark side? Can she perform her d...