KaiShin Oneshot

Af Kai_1412_1

A book of oneshots about Kuroba Kaito and Kudo Shinichi sweet to angsty moments in different stories. Shinkai... Mere

Childhood Promise
Childhood Promise (Part II)
I'm Sorry⚠️
Forever Yours
Forever Yours (Part II)
Hidden Identity [ShinKai]
Hidden Identity [ShinKai] (Part II)
Hidden Identity [ShinKai] (Part III)
Sincerely Yours, Kudo Shinichi
Sincerely Yours, Kuroba Kaito
If Only I Was...
A/N
Christmas With[out?] You
Mistletoe
A New Year To Remember
Best Dating Spot[?]
Hiatus[?] (Not An Update)
Happy Valentines Day!
Chocolate Disaster
Don't, Please[...]
My Metantei
Rejection[?...] [ShinKai]
Full Moon
When I Met You
Her[?...]
You
Love Tonight
A/N [Please Read!!!]
Gift of Love
Precious Gift
Love Return (Afterstory of PG)
A/N: Announcement
Cursed Love[?]
Our Little Angel
Blind Love
Blind Love (Part II)
Broken ⚠️
A/N: [Announcement]
Shelter
Different World
Sick Workaholic
Little Not Perfect
Happy Valentine's Day [2022]
In His Arms
Author's Note
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Reminiscence
Author's Return

Till Death Reunites Us[...]

816 40 16
Af Kai_1412_1

Genre: Romance[?], Drama, Tragic, Death[?]

Fantasy AU: Hanahaki Disease

Date Published: December 13, 2021

***

It's already been a whole month since it started. It began with occasional coughs he thought was a cold. The intense pain that was quite similar to the ones he gets when returning back to his original body when APTX 4869 was still in effect. All of it was unexpected and Shinichi was confused. Is this the after effect of the antidote he took half a year ago? 

Shinichi smiled bitterly as he stares at a single rose petal on the palm of his hand. All of the confused questions when this unknown disease started to make sense when one day, he coughed out a bloodstained petal by the thought of a certain magician. No, he still couldn't believe that such a disease actually exist. 

"To think that an unrequited love can kill a person. How funny is that?" Shinichi chuckled and put the petal in his pocket when he heard footsteps coming to his direction. 

The moment he turned around, he was met with a wide grin of a magician waving at him. Ah, how could he not fall in love with that grin of his? The way his presence alone can put him at ease. When did he saw Kid in a different light? When he volunteered to help him bring down the Organization? When they met each other once again as their persona? Or when he saw the way Kaito smiles whenever he talks about a girl named Aoko?

"Wari(Sorry), I overslept! How about we grab a bite first before we watch the movie?" Kaito asked as they walk side by side. 

Today, Shinichi suddenly asked Kaito out to hangout for the weekend. At first, Kaito thought that Shinichi felt lonely since his breakup with Ran a month ago. He was still curious with the reason why Shinichi broke up with her but he doesn't want to pry and just let the detective open up on his own. 

It was no surprised they get along really well despite being fated rivals in the past. When they first met, Kaito knew Shinichi was still adjusting seeing that he doesn't know him as Kuroba Kaito. He felt kind of bad that he knew everything about his Metantei but Shinichi doesn't know anything about him. But it didn't take long for them to have the same bond they had back when they were still hiding beneath a mask. 

The whole time they were talking, laughing at each other's joke, Shinichi could feel his throat tightening. Kaito was confused when Shinichi asked him to go on ahead and quickly dashes to a nearby back alley. He didn't give it much thought assuming that he's getting a call from a case and went ahead. 

Shinichi quickly started coughing the moment he entered the empty alley. It was painful. It feels  like his throat is being stab by thorns. Has it always been this painful? He held on to the wall and covered his mouth the whole time he was having a coughing fit. When it slowly calm down, he open his teary eyes and uncovered his mouth.

He painfully smiled when he saw his hand covered with blood along with a few petals mixed in it. 

"I've reach my limit, Kaito. Can I be selfish for once and allow myself to express these painful love?.. Even just for today will be enough."

He cleaned up the blood stain on the floor along with his hand and put the cleaned petals in his pocket along with the other one. Nobody knows about this disease and he wanted it to remain that way. Even if he had to leave this world with an unknown death, he was fine with that. Who knew upon facing death's door, he was still glad until the end? Glad that he fell in love with Kaito even if it was the reason for his awaiting death.

"I don't mind ending my life with a bittersweet ending like this, Kaito."

***

Kaito has been walking back and forth in his apartment deep in his thoughts. It has been a whole week since the last time he saw Shinichi and he hasn't been showing up in class. At first, he thought that maybe Shinichi is busy with a case and forgot to inform them about it. However, when he asked Ran (since they were still in contact despite the breakup) she also has no idea. 

"Alright, let's go and see him."

Kaito put on his jacket and left the apartment. 

On his way to Shinichi's house, he started thinking. Why did he rejected Aoko last week when she confessed? Yeah he wanted to be the one to confess his feelings first and make the first move, however that doesn't justify why he rejected her like that. 

Is it because he was too preoccupied with his thought when he noticed something's wrong with Shinichi? How pale he was during their so-called 'date' and the occasional cough the detective tries to hide during the movie? No. It's not only that. It was the first time Kaito hesitated when he heard Aoko's confession. He could've answer her there or tell her to give him some time to think it over but...

"Aoko I... I'm sorry but I can't return your feelings."

Why did those words left his mouth? Why did it felt natural to reject her? Why-

"Baro (idiot), it just means that you like someone else."

"But I don't like someone else other than Aoko-"

"Are you sure about that? Nobody comes to mind at all?"

"..."

Kaito stop on his track and glared at the image of Shinichi arguing with him back and forth like a crazy person. True, he maybe, somehow, only a little- okay fine. He did suddenly started feeling something towards Shinichi. Kaito was being in denial with the fact that...

"I fell in love with you."

The image of Shinichi his mind created smiled widely at him. 

"Then what are you waiting for? Go and confess, you oblivious thief!"

Kaito began running off when he sees the Kudo Manor up ahead. That's right. There's no use denying the fact that Shinichi unknowingly made his way to his jewelry box. How he ignores the fast beating of his heart whenever he hears Shinichi laughing from his jokes. The way he wanted to kiss him when he sees him genuinely smiling from time to time. The will to protect him at all cost whenever he goes out and present himself to a crime scene. 

"Fuck, why did I only realized it now? So many days have been wasted!" Kaito shouted to himself when he finally reached the gate. 

Without thinking, he quickly walks towards the front door and was about to knock when he noticed the door already open. 

How careless can he be? Kaito snickered at the thought and invited himself in. He was expecting a pissed detective lecturing him about barging in again or a flying book making contact with his face but he was greeted with-

***

It's a bright beautiful day. It was for anyone but not to the people present in the funeral home. The quiet sob and cries from Shinichi's mom can be heard and there's nothing they could do but watch and comfort the heartbroken mother. Ran has been surprisingly quiet for the entire time they were there but everyone knows it's painful for her. To attend the funeral of the man she grew up with and the man she loves with all her heart.. 

Everyone who held the detective dear to their hearts are also present. From Shinichi's close friend, Hattori Heiji, the 1st Division Metropolitan Police, FBI Agents, and to everyone that he help throughout his life as a detective. 

It wasn't only the people present there who's mourning for his death. People across Japan and even overseas are crestfallen when the news about Kudo Shinichi's passing was announce to the News.

To this day, Kaito still couldn't believe that Shinichi's gone.. It felt like it hasn't been long since the first time they met each other. The first time they gave each other a helping hand. The day he revealed himself to him. And.. the day he was planning to confess his love for his Metantei. 

***

[Flashback, A Week Ago]

How careless can he be? Kaito snickered at the thought and invited himself in. He was expecting a pissed detective lecturing him about barging in again or a flying book making contact with his face but he was greeted with-

"Ran-san don't go inside!" 

Kaito stopped on his track when he heard Hattori's voice from the second floor. What is he doing here?? Didn't he mentioned he's gonna go back to Osaka for awhile to visit his parents? Adrenaline soon took over him when he heard Ran's cries for.. Shinichi's name? D-did something happened to him?

Upon reaching the second floor, he saw Ran sitting on the ground while being comfort by Kazuha and Hattori standing in front of a room in disbelieve. 

"W-what's going on in here?" Kaito asked nervously while slowly approaching the group. 

Hattori looked at him then back at the room before biting his lower lips and looking away. It looks like he was holding himself back from going inside. Kaito suddenly started getting uneasy when he didn't receive an answer.

"Hattori Answer me!" Kaito shouted in frustration but before he could grab ahold of the Osaka detective's collar, Hattori pointed at the room with teary eyes looking down at the ground. 

Kaito slowly looked inside the room and what he saw cause something to break inside of him. He shouldn't be doing it, he should've held himself back but he didn't. Kaito walked in the room despite Hattori's protest and stop by the bedside. 

Laying on the bed is Shinichi surrounded by indigo rose petals and a note in hand.

***

Kaito stopped in front of the altar with a white rose in hand. He didn't bother wiping the tears that started streaming down his face when he saw the image of his beloved Shinichi at front. It was surprising how he remained calm when he first saw him back at his room, lifeless. But now that he's standing here, offering a flower as farewell for his funeral? He didn't held himself back.

Everyone gasp when Kaito suddenly drop the flower on the ground and lifted the coffin open. A few people wanted to stop him from disrespecting the funeral but Shinichi's father stop them and let Kaito continued. He knew that the magician has a good intention in doing so and.. he knew the love that bloom between them. 

Kaito smiled upon seeing Shinichi once more dressed in a white suit. To him, Shinichi look like he was only peacefully sleeping, waiting for him to wake the sleeping detective up and carried him in his arms to take him away from this place. But, he needs to face the truth. Shinichi's already dead and.. he needs to move on. 

"'Till the day comes where I will come after you, wait for me at the other side alright? My beloved Kudo Shinichi." Kaito said and pulled out a blue rose from out of nowhere and placed it behind Shinichi's ear. 

"You look better in blue. As beautiful and lively as your eyes from the moment I first laid my eyes on you." Kaito chuckled and lean closer as he cupped Shinichi's face. Kaito didn't want to part ways with Shinichi by offering a mere flower that will withered away as time passes. He wanted something that he knew both of them will cherish until the end of time.

Ran finally teared up and smiled when she sees the way Kaito kissed Shinichi with everyone tearing up as well. It was an event that left a bittersweet ending to their lives with the detective they cherished. She knew that there must be a reason why he broke up with her, she already had a feeling that Shinichi might've fallen in love with someone else and she was right. She didn't regret it though. Ran was happy that Shinichi chose to be with the person that he loves until his time had come. 

However, she still has no idea as to why Shinichi passed away.

Pulling away from the kiss, Kaito look at Shinichi one last time and he reach over to close the coffin. But before he could, Kaito cough. 

He watch as a single azure rose petal fell from his mouth and landed on Shinichi's cheek. 

***

A/N: Don't mind me, I'm just trying to relieve some stress by continuing this draft and... yeah. LOLOL

P. S. I don't have a clue about Japanese Funeral so my apology for the poor delivery.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

42.6K 1.7K 55
Disclaimer: The characters are from both Detective Conan and Magic Kaito anime. They both created by Gosho Aoyama. . Summary: Just random oneshots a...
44K 1.6K 10
Falling out of love with Ran was as unpredictable as was falling into love with KID. But with Ran crushing on Kuroba Kaito and KID not knowing his id...
96.9K 3.7K 41
I already completed two stories of my favorite Phantom Thief below the Moonlight! Since I still have too many ideas roaming around in my brain which...
67.1K 2.3K 38
(Please note that I do not own magician kaito 1412 nor do I own Detective Conan. That privilege belongs to ayoma gosho sensei.) It's been a year sinc...