Dwyer (A Twilight Fanfic) {S...

By SophThomp5

Four things I was absolutely positive on. First, Bella is in love with a vampire Second, I'm a... More

Chapter 1: Moving In
Chapter 2: A letter
Chapter 3: Apologies and Thank You's
Chapter 4: Unexpected
Chapter 5: Mr. Cullen
Chaper 6: Scary Stories
Chapter 7: Silhouette
A/N
Chapter 8: Port Angeles
Chapter 9: Phone Call
Chapter 10: Bella and Edward
Chapter 11: Small Talk
Chapter 12: Ignored
Chapter 13: Liar
Chapter 14: Impossible
A/N

Chapter 15: Good ol' Bonding

133 3 0
By SophThomp5

After school, I decided that I'd head down to the rez. Surprise my friends. I walked there but I didn't care. If I could walk to school then I could sure as hell walk to the rez. When I finally made it to Jacob's house I knocked on the door. A shocked Jacob opened the door and let me in.

"Lyssa? What are you doing here?"

As soon as I was inside the house, I plopped myself down on the couch. My legs were killing me and I was super exhausted.

"Who . . else . . would . . it be? ," I said between exasperated breaths. "Hanging . . out . . with . . my . . friends, duh."

Jacob chuckles and heads to the kitchen to grab me water. I had run out of water halfway to the border of the rez.

"You do know it's really late, right? I mean, you know what, nevermind. Make yourself at home Lyssa," Jacob comes back over with the cup of water and hands it to me.

I drink all of it in a matter of seconds. Water never tasted so good. Jacob's laughter fills the quiet living room.

"Is there a chance Embry and Quill could come over?" I question him with pleading eyes.

He doesn't hesitate to answer.

"Yeah, just let me call them real quick."

Jacob gets up from the spot next to me and heads over to the phone. I take my time to admire the house. It was so homey but it held many secrets. I knew that because Billy always looked like he was hiding something from me. I felt connected to this place. To the rez. To the people here.

I remove my backpack and place it on the floor by the edge of the couch. The empty cup still in my hands. Slowly, I place it on the table. Jacob's booming voice fills my ears.

"So, Quill won't answer his darn phone and Embry said he'll be here in five minutes."

I smiled.

"Ok. Why don't I call Quill? He might answer if I call him," I said with a snort.

Jacob doesn't respond knowing what I said was true. Quill liked me. Not in the way you're probably thinking. We're just good friends. I grab my phone out of my backpack and diall Quill's number. Within a matter of seconds the line picks up. I smirk at Jacob. Jacob sighs with a smile on his face.

"Hello? Lyssa?"

"Hey Quill! Want to hang out with Jacob, Embry, and I? Embry's on his way and I'm with Jacob right now."

"Sure. Just give me a few minutes. And no googly eyeing anybody until I get there."

I laugh and reply, "Ok. I make no promises."

"Geez, Lyssa! Ok, I'll be there in less than a minute." With that he hangs up.

I turn to Jacob with a smile.

"He said he'll be here in less than a minute."

Jacob laughs with me and sits back down on the couch as we wait. A knock sounded on the door. Jacob and I exchanged looks. He got up from the couch again and went to open the door.

"Did I make it here within a minute?" Quill said sounding exhausted.

We laughed at him.

"Sure. Let's go with that," Jacob says as he lets Quill in and closing the door behind him.

Another knock sounded at the door.

"And who might that be?" I questioned sarcastically.

I got up from the couch and went over to answer the door this time. Opening the door, Embry is standing there with a fist raised ready to knock on the door again.

"Lyssa?"

"Why is everyone so surprised by me today?" I ask as I make room for Embry to come in.

"What's going on here?"

All of our heads turn to see Billy. He looked tired. Dark circles under his eyes like he hasn't been sleeping well.

"Dad!" Jacob groans.

I place my hand on Jacob's shoulder and then turn to look at Billy.

"Sorry, Billy. I hope we didn't wake you? It was my idea to invite Quill and Embry over, if you want, we can go outside since the boys are always being loud," I glare playful daggers at the boys. "And sorry for coming over without warning."

"You're fine Alyssa. No you didn't wake me . . the boys did," Billy said glaring at them but a smile snuck through his glare.

A chorus of groans came from the boys and I giggled at their behaviour.

"Go outside and be teenagers. Just don't have too much fun," Billy warned with a stern face and pointed finger.

"Yes sir," we nodded and went outside immediately.

For awhile we just walked aimlessly until we stopped at La Push Beach. I took off my shoes and so did the guys as we ran towards the water. We all laughed as we splashed each other with the cold water. I hadn't had this much fun in awhile and it was great to hangout with the guys.

We probably stayed playing in the water for about another hour when, we decided it would be best to head back.

"Ya know? I really enjoyed this good ol' bonding time. It's been to long," I said as I walked side by side with Embry.

Quill and Jacob weren't too far ahead. Maybe just a couple feet, but not far.

Embry was silent for a moment as if he was taking in my words. I watched as his eyebrows furrowed and then relaxed. He must've noticed me staring at him because he looked me in my eyes. Quickly, I avert my gaze. What was I doing? I already have a 'soulmate.'

Who isn't here if you haven't noticed. I thought to myself. Alec hasn't been here in awhile and of course we talk often, it's just not the same as Bella and Edward. Then it hit me. Edward wasn't really ignoring me he was just trying to get to know Bella better.

By ditching me. I thought again.

"What are you thinking about Lyssa?" Embry questions me taking me out of thoughts.

"Oh . . uh," I stuttered at a loss for words.

"What were you thinking about Embry?" I fire back hoping to not answer him.

I mean, he can't know vampires exist.

"Probably thinking about kissing you!" Quill shouts.

Both Embry and I turn bright red. He awkwardly shuffles his feet as we walk in silence again.

"Dude! You weren't supposed to blow away his opportunity," I hear Jacob whisper to Quill.

I choked on air and coughed. Embry patted my back reassuringly and asked if I was alright. I nodded and we continued walking. I was gonna have to get used to that. In fact, I might have to ask Carlisle about it.

When we finally made it back to Jacob's house, I realized something.

"Crap! Charlie is probably really worried about me. I need to get home." I said speaking my thoughts out loud.

Rushing inside the house I grab my backpack and then rush back outside. I didn't really want to walk back because my legs were already dead. My phone rang. I excused myself and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"I'm right by the border. I'm taking you back home."

"A-Alec? ," subconciously, I look around to make sure no one heard me.

But when I see the facial expression Embry was wearing, I knew he heard me.

"Alice sent you didn't she?"

I got no answer just a deadline. Turning back to the boys, I tell them one of my other friends has come to pick me up. Of course, as you could imagine, the boys were furious that I had other friends. Playfully speaking. I said my goodbyes and started my journey back to the border of the rez.

Loud footsteps chased after me. I turned around and came face to face with Embry. Before I could say anything he placed his lips right on mine and I felt fireworks go off in my stomach. The kiss was short and sweet but I felt him smile when I kissed back. Why did I do that? I have no idea.

Embry didn't let me have time to say anything after the kiss ended and just ran away. A smile remained on my face until I made it back to the border. It wasn't Alec in that car it was . . Edward. Great!

The one time he actually wants to talk to me. So help me if Bella is in that Volvo, I was going to barf. Begrudgingly, I made my way over to the Volvo. I get into the passenger seat, close the door, buckle myself in and cross my arms.

"What? No hi? No thank you for picking you up" Edward said as he drove off.

"Why should I? You've been ignoring me. Also, you left me to walk 30 minutes to school, which took me hours, by the way. And then, you didn't even stay to take me home. You just drove off with Bella and forgot me, again!" I shout at him. Invisible smoke poured from my nostrils as I huffed.

"I got you a present." Edward said as he motioned to the back seat.

Sighing, I look over. But when I do, I couldn't breathe. There, in the backseat was . . Alec! I was happy to see him. I really was but, I kissed Embry or really, he kissed me, and I feel like I betrayed him. Of course I knew Edward heard my thoughts but didn't say anything. I silently thanked him and then verbally thanked him.

"Thank you, Edward." A small smile crept onto my face.

"Does this mean I'm forgiven?" Edwards bronze eyes plead with me and I couldn't help maintain the smile on my face.

"Possibly. Just remember that I do exist besides Bella. And your best friend missed you."

"What about me? Did you miss me at all?" Alec spoke up for the first time.

"Do you really have to ask that question? Of course I did." I said turning to the backseat to look at him.

When Edward parked the car, I got out and hugged him. Then I rushed to hug Alec. Alec of course looked the same but it felt weird and good at the same time. Seeing him made me feel better though. Alec whispered in my ear and told me he'd meet me inside. I nodded and waved goodbye to Edward.

Going through the front door, I was immediately greeted with a giant bear hug.

"Ch-Charlie .. can't breathe," I wheezed as I patted his back telling him, to let go.

"Sorry kiddo. I was just worried sick about you. I had Bella call you but you didn't answer. Where were you?"

I chuckled nervously. Charlie couldn't know that Bella ditched me again to go with Edward. He would also be worried that I walked to the rez all by myself.

"I'm sorry Charlie. I went down to the rez to hangout with Jacob, Quill, and Embry again. As for the not answering the phone thing, we went down to La Push Beach. I had left my phone in my backpack at Jacob's house," I told him all in one breath.

"Okay. But then how did you get there? You didn't walk did you?" Charlie's eyes direct to Bella who was sitting on the couch.

"No. Bella dropped me off at the rez and then Edward came to get me. He just left though."

It was the truth well, half of it was. Bella obviously didn't take me to the rez but Charlie didn't need to know that. My stomach growled. Charlie chuckled and let me go to the kitchen to grab my cold dinner. I took it to my room.

Alec was sitting on my bed when I came in. He let me eat my food and then we talked for hours, until he told me that he had to go. We sat for a long moment just holding each other in a tight embrace. I didn't want to let go. Alec smelled good. Okay . . . that sounded a little creepy.

When it was time for Alec to leave he planted a cold gentle kiss on my forehead. We hugged one more time before he speed out my window.

"Goodbye . . Alec."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.5K 2K 15
Lie number 1: Charlie is single until Breaking Dawn. Lie number 2: Bella is an only child. Lie number 3: Jacob is madly in love with Bella. Basically...
49.9K 2.3K 91
Edward Cullen has never wanted to sleep more than he did at this moment, as he started junior year for the umpteenth time. He never would have imagin...
91.7K 2K 26
Brinley Holt just moves to Forks, Washington to help her parents out since they decided to move up here. Mom works in Port Angeles, and dad works at...
83.2K 2.6K 21
⤷ ᴛʜᴇᴏᴅᴏʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇ & ʀᴏꜱᴇᴍᴀʀʏ ᴄᴜʟʟᴇɴ I don't own the Twilight Saga, only my OCs and their plot. I also don't own any media I use in the story. For the...