Fired Up - Haikyuu One Shots

By Moonfishh

Don't fall in love with your best friend. What more was there to it? -Three Times The Charm: Bokuaka -Is My... More

Third Times a Charm
Is My Love Even Love
Soft Lips
Why So Serious?
The Quiet Kid

Young at Heart

497 15 6
By Moonfishh

Art above by Brushscape

Young at Heart
Kuroken

This is a fic I wrote maybe a year ago but never finished? So I slapped an ending on and stuck in some jokes ;) bone apple teeth

.

.

.

Kuroo Tetsuro is older than him, and that's all Kenma knows before they meet.

~

Permeating the air was the smell of sweat and a hint of paint stripper - The student faculty's attempt to renovate the gymnasium.

It swamped the air and clung to the walls with the summer heat.

But if anything made Kenma's nose wrinkle more, it was the presence of somebody new.

The whole Nekomas team were crowded around the entrance, loose lipped with questions and chatter.

They all looked short compared to the thicket of black hair rising above them all.

This was discounting Lev of course, who had only seemed to grow taller in his second year.

Meanwhile, being in his third year, Kenma would be lucky to say he'd grown an extra two centimeters.

Kenma worked at the rope of the volleyball net, feeling the coarseness drag across his already hot hands.
Curse summer and its pursuit of making him feel humid.

The rope slipped through his fingers and hit the floor.

Clenching his eyes once and hard, he accepted his fate. Social nervousness and anxiety, till death, do they part.

"Kenma, this is Kuroo! Remember, Coach said a university student would be working as the team's manager over the summer".

In fact, Kenma did remember, and was told he would arrive and introduce himself after afternoon practice.

Kuroo was even taller up close. His skin was tan, his smile was infectious and his posture was casual.

He pulled a hand from his pocket in an offering for Kenma to shake.

"The captain, I assume?". Kuroo's fingers were long and his palm, wide. Kenma's hand twitched at his side before hesitantly shaking it.

"Setter actuall-," Kenma tried to reply. Fukunaga's eyes needled into the side of his head before he could utter out the last syllables. "Co-captain" he mumbled.

"Does this mean we're never getting a girl manager?" Yamamoto groaned from the side.

"We're lucky we have a manager at all I'd say'' whistled Fukunaga.

"Remember when Himari volunteered and you scared her off with your smile on the first day?".

This started a whole new discourse and smattering of loud voices.

"I'm sure I'll be working with you a lot then" Kuroo's grin curved across his face, and Kenma noticed that his attention hadn't drifted away from him at all.

If someone were to write sonnets about the colour of Kuroo's eyes, they'd be classified as broken honeycombs of molten gold.

Kenma would rather classify them as the colour similar to a banana slug.

~~~

It's pre-morning practice and Kenma straddles the metal bench in the club room. It's cold against his skin as the morning heat has yet to climb.

He rubs at the bruised colour of his eyebags as he shifts through the bag in front of him for a shirt.

Being late wasn't a good look, but it was a nice social reprieve to arrive just as everyone had finished getting changed. It saved him from the ruckus of teenage boys.

Yes, ironic in any way you look at it.

The creaking of a door pushes open from behind just as Kenma shrugs a shirt down over his torso.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone was still here".

Kenma's eyes drag over to the entrance where Kuroo stands rigidly.

He looks as if he's just been caught downstairs at 2:00am with hunger in his stomach and the light of the fridge on his scared face.

"I hope you don't think getting changed into the team's uniform is customary" Kenma says slowly, curious of his intentions.

"But then how else would I be accepted by the tribe?" Kuroo wisecracks with a toothy grin.

When all Kenma does is stare back at Kuroo, though he really doesn't mean to, Kuroo steps further into the room.

"Sooo the secret here is that this used to be my old club room" Kuroo began to talk as he wandered the room.

Kenma took notice of the way his eyes scoured the floors intensely.

"I'm not keeping a secret" Kenma narrows his eyes, zipping up his bag.

"No! Of course not" Kuroo turned to look over his shoulder where he was crouched down by a locker.

"Do you think I'm an oversharer? Oh god.... do I look like the kind of person who over-shares?" his eyes widened.

"One time my professor saw me in the hallway and when I tried to call out to him, he turned on his heel and started running?".

"I think you look creepy right now. What are you doing?" Kenma mused.

"As I was saying!" Kuroo held up a finger.

"This was my old club room before I transferred schools. But before I left, I kinda remember being in this room when I lost my...uh...when I lost my tamagotchi".

Kenma's stomach pulls inwards with a wheezing inhale.

It divulges into giggling laughter and hides his face in the crook of an elbow.

The image in his head of a little tamagotchi with a keychain hanging onto Kuroo's shorts. .

It's evidently a laughable image.

Kuroo's face falls flat. "I shouldn't have said anything, ugh. Especially not to you".

Kenma's laughter dies down. Suddenly he's self-aware of the whole situation. Kuroo seems to have a warped impression of him already. Something dolefully common.

"Why especially not me?" Kenma decides to ask despite the sickly tugging in his stomach.

"Are you joking?" Kuroo's eyebrows pitch up on his forehead. "You seem really cool".

Kenma decides that those words will be the first and last time he'll ever hear them.

"You have so many piercings in your ears. You're quiet but daunting! I'm shaking in my boots, really. If I were walking down the street, I'd probably be scared that you'd insult me for being the peasant I am".

Kuroo paused, looking as if he were reevaluating the last part of his sentence.

But he seemed to be sticking with it as he shrugged, eyes falling back to look at the blonde's face.

Kenma feels the short hairs at the back of his neck bristle.

The sensation is tingly and one he's never felt before.

It's been hard to admit since he's never looked in the mirror as often as others, but he has changed.

His physique which was once slender and petite is now taller. He's slim but more toned under the black tank he wears. His roots have grown out into a waterfall of ombre that tickles the tops of his shoulders.

Many piercings line his ears, but those are just the ones Kuroo has mentioned so far.

Perhaps he was scared to address the bar going through Kenma's bottom lip.

Looking at Kuroo, it's hard to differentiate his behaviour - Maybe he's complimenting Kenma because he sees a kid who needs to warm up to new authority.

Kuroo is only a year older than him, but he is still in university and Kenma imagines his experience is so varied and wide.

Yet here he is, having to deal with a bunch of teenagers, Kenma being one of them.

"Let me help you find that Tamagotchi" he mumbles, finally rising from the mental bench.

Kuroo's smile brightens, but Kenma ignores it in favor of using his hand to feel behind the dusty lockers.

~~~

Over the next few weeks, Kuroo makes an effort to try talk to everyone and fit in. Apart from it's less of an effort and more of an instant connection.

When the team trains in the weight room, it's Kuroo yelling "ONE MORE, ONE MORE!".

And when Yamamoto heaves the bar over his head, they jump up in mutual chest bumps. Usually, it's so hard that they both fall to the floor in heavy laughter.

Kenma is partial to Kuroo's laughter. It's deep and warm, and it feels grounding.

Not only does Kuroo help Yamamoto but he also teaches the first years, directing them on blocking techniques.

It goes way past the job of manager, but their coach hasn't been complaining about the free work.

Kenma supposes he should hate every part that is Kuroo Tetsuro. He fits in so easily.

It's such a contrast to how Kenma always used to feel like he was a stranger to everyone, despite knowing them forever.

But Kenma doesn't have the heart to hate the fertilizer that is making his garden grow. The whole team is benefiting from Kuroo.

...

The club room is in a lull of silence when Kenma locks up.

Shuffling with his jandals, he makes his way towards the gymnasium and immediately is alarmed by the sounds of grated shouts and throaty growling.

There wasn't...a fight going on was there?

"Come here! I'll beat your ass!".

"How's the taste of dirt sound!".

"You need to stick it in further".

Maybe it wasn't a fight....

As Kenma turned the corner, he found Lev, Kuroo and a few of the first years crowded over the steps to the gymnasium.

In Kuroo's hand was a blue game console, clutched tightly between fingers that were paling with every passing second.

"Stick it in, stick the sword into it!" Lev's yell grew louder.

His hand gripped Kuroo's shoulder from behind, shaking it, unhelpfully.

"I can't, it'll shoot that green fire!" Kuroo yelped, abruptly leaning to the left as his fingers pushed the joysticks to the left.

Kenma watched from afar with his shoulder against the side of the building. His lips threatened a smile.

(But perhaps that was too telling).

A few seconds later there was a cumulative sound of groans and a few teasing boos from the first years who were laughing.

"Yea, yea, let's see how you can beat the boss then! You'll be waiting in the shadows, ready to strike, and then BAH!" Kuroo lunged forward with his hands curled into claws imitative of a dragon.

One first-year took a hasty step back to avoid him and in turn, nearly slipped on the dirt beneath his feet.

Okay, that was enough.

"Stop harassing the first years" Kenma called out as he walked over.

Kuroo's head turned to look at him in surprise. And then of course that stupid grin was working its way across his face.

It seemed like he was always smiling.

"You know in a few years they'll just outgrow you and beat you up when you're an old man" Kenma crossed his arms as he breached the group on the stairs.

"Yea, beating up old man Kuroo!" One of the first years flexed his arm.

"You better watch out old man Kuroo!".

"I'm nineteen, watch it!" Kuroo barked back at them, and they all snickered.

"Hand that over" Kenma laid his hand out. Kuroo was apprehensive, looking gloomy at losing the chance to redeem himself.

But nevertheless, he passed over the game.

Two minutes later and every head was piled around to watch the screen blare the words highlighted in bold.

LEVEL COMPLETED!

"I feel defeated, dead, powerless, the epitome of scum" Kuroo sorrowfully whispered.

"Yes! Thank you senpai!" the first years hollered, taking back their game. They danced around, holding it in the air as the victory music resonated through the air.

"It's fine...Now everyone get home before old man Kuroo tries to get you" Kenma clicked his tongue, shooing them off.

He chose to look away from an affronted Kuroo, who was being jostled by a chortling Lev.

"I'll make sure they actually intend to go home" Lev wiped his eyes of laughing tears. "Bye Kuroo, Seeya Ken".

Kenma and Kuroo both watched with fascination as Lev ran after the first years.

They all screamed and scurried away, assuming that old man Kuroo had truly come to get them.

Kenma must have blinked a few times before Kuroo was turning to face him again.

"So. Kenma... is that your first orrrr your last nameee" Kuroo dwindled, waving his hands about.

"My last name is Kozume. My first name is Kenma".

"Cute," he remarked.

Kenma's nose scrunched and his lips twisted. "It's hard to imagine why that would be cute".

"Because it's like... I don't know, a love language" Kuroo stood up from the steps, yet again reminding Kenma just how tall he was.

He brushed off his jacket, stuffing his hands into the pockets.

"You know. Everyone using your first name, it feels like that's how you show everyone you trust them".

A small ball was growing in Kenma's chest, and it made him feel annoyingly vulnerable.

"I have to trust them...they're my team" Kenma's rebuttal was poorly built of sticks and paper.

Kuroo's eyes were glinting, and his smile was so smug that it was already telling Kenma that he was wrong wrong wrong.

"God, you're annoying" Kenma scuffed the dirt with his jandal before he was picking himself up from the steps.

He started walking towards the exit of the school, but Kuroo wasn't taking his shit.

"Come on, everyone has one!" Kuroo jogged to catch up. His long legs were just the bane of Kenma's dreaded existence.

"Sometimes it's touch, sometimes it's conversation, sometimes it's about bonding over something small!" Kuroo babbled on.

"Like gaming!" Kuroo concluded with his eyes settling on Kenma. "I hypothesize that you like that very much".

"Is this an excuse to justify your own bad skills?" Kenma mused, glancing up at him.

Banana slug eyes looked back at him with an air of fondness.

"I'm just saying. You like games, I like games" Kuroo shrugged happily.

"And what game is this" Kenma pointed between the two of them.

"All I'm saying is that it'd be cool to hang out sometime, y'know. Just you and me" Kuroo said casually.

Kenma mused it over in his head.

"Can't you hang out with Yamamoto?".

Kuroo's smile faltered a little.

"He's a great guy! But I...well...he's a great guy!". Kuroo repeated.

"You said that," Kenma nodded.

"You really make people work for it don't you" Kuroo chuckled, raking his hand through the back of his hair. It only added to the unruly jungle that sat upon his head.

Kenma paused as they reached the gates of the school.

"I don't like people who meander, Kuroo".

"Do you want to maybe come over and play some games? I just bought a new resident evil and it's multiplayer" Kuroo smiled meekly.

A few seconds passed where Kenma mulled it over. Mulled what over?

He didn't know.

His brain was seemingly growing blanker and blanker the more he thought about the situation that had just been posed.

"Come on. None of my friends are in town over break. I'm dying to shoot something on a screen and I don't wanna do it alone" Kuroo pouted in a petulant manner that reminded Kenma of a sulking child.

"O...kay" Kenma ended up uttering out.

"Okay? Okay!" Kuroo repeated, but louder. "Cool, cool, here give me your phone, I'll give you my number".

The next few moments were a haze.

And then just like that, Kenma was walking out the school gate with a new number and a new feeling dwindling in the furthest ends of his chest.

It felt nice, though he supposed it could be very dangerous in the near future...

The way Kuroo had talked about bonding over video games being a love language.

Kenma didn't know how to interpret what was being given to him.

~~~

Despite having Kuroo's number, a week had gone by without a single phone chime. It sat like a deadweight in Kenma's pocket.

He hates it. It feels like it's a ploy that Kuroo has set up.

He only has Kuroo's number and not vice versa. Meaning Kenma would have to be the first to text, the first to initiate.

He's guessing that was Kuroo's plan all along in an attempt to not try and force Kenma or be too persistent.

This week only showed that Kuroo has picked up on Kenma's radio silence.

He keeps a reasonable amount of distance during practice. They only talk when necessity calls for it.

It shouldn't annoy Kenma so much.

Everything has been going smoothly like normal.

But it does annoy him.

...

The whole team is changing after afternoon practice and the heat is overwhelming.

Kenma's resolved to wear a long pair of shorts.

The blank tank top in his locker probably doesn't smell the best- but it's better than the heavy t-shirt he had picked earlier in the day.

Shrugging it on, he digs around for his jandals, trying to ignore the heavy laughter and chattering from the rest of the team around him.

"Hey so what do you think of Kuroo?" Yamamoto strikes a conversation, open to the floor.

"He's a pretty good manager. He's helped me reduce the team's budget by 10 percent" Fukunaga gives a nod from where he's got one arm entertainingly stuck in the collar of his shirt.

"Kuroo is awesome!" Lev exclaims.

"I like to imagine he has a tattoo somewhere on his shoulder, or maybe like a cool birthmark on his left but check in the shape of a katana".

"What is your mind, Lev" Fukunga blinks.

"What about you Ken? It's not like you hate him" Yamamoto's attention is now directly on Kenma-

Kenma who can't seem to find his right jandal and is getting more and more irritated.

"I don't know. Is water wet?" Kenma grumbles.

A few books fall past his shoulder as he chucks things out in his search.

"Water by definition is not wet" Fukuna holds up a finger. Yamamoto purses his lips at this.

"What d'ya mean water's not wet. Have you ever touched the shit?".

Kenma's eyes roll up to the ceiling and he expels a massive sigh.

This is going to be the second time within a month that he's going to feel around the back of the lockers.

Balancing in a crouch, he reaches his arm around and immediately has the urge to gag at the feel of something furry and possibly moldy.

Please please just let him find his shoe.

Instead, his fingertips end up grazing across something metal and cold. Eyes widening, he grasps at it and plucks it from behind the locker.

The keychain holds something plastic and pink, decorated with a thin ashy layer of dust and bedazzled gemstones.

Kuroo's tamagotchi.

"Hey Kenma, is this what you're looking for?" Yamamoto's face peers around Kenma's hair.

His hand brings a black flip flop into view.

Pocketing the tamagotchi, he grabs the jandal with a "thanks".

Hastily he grabs his bag and makes his way out in pursuit of Kuroo.

Hopefully, he can catch him, though he's probably halfway across the school grounds by now.

Outside was a haze of cocktail blues and marigold oranges. The tree's leaves were parched, standing still from the lack of wind.

Clouds latched to the sky in clumps, and Kenma jogged underneath the sound of several buzzing cicadas.

He was halfway to the gate of the school when he caught sight of thick black hair peeking out from behind the side of a building.

Releasing a built-up sigh, he started to walk over. Kuroo's back was slumped against the wall, knees brought up to his chest.

Kenma suddenly felt wary, and his stomach felt sick at the plight.

Resounding slaps of his jandals on the ground did nothing to raise Kuroo's head from where it rested on his knee. He looked straight ahead at his phone.

Kenma noticed the dullness in his eyes and for the first time...he wasn't smiling in any sort of way.

It was only when Kenma slinked a little closer, did Kuroo's eyes idly lock onto him.

"Oh...hey Kenma," Kuroo spoke. His voice was void of any specific tone, coming across weary and lifeless.

"Hi..." Kenma stopped in front of him.

A gap of silence spread, in which the cicadas buzzed and a bird called from a nearby building gutter. Behind them brewed with the fight of orange and blue skies.

"Well...I hate seeing you like this," Kenma clicked his tongue.

"Like what?" Kuroo tilted his head.

"In-person" Kenma side smiled.

Kuroo huffed a small laugh.

"...Exam results" Kuroo jiggled the phone in his hand. "Passed every course but one".

Kenma hummed in understanding. He tucked his hands behind his back, gazing up at the sky. The heat simmered across the school in a cozy, dazing sort of way.

"Do you know why I have so many piercings?".

"No, why?" Kuroo's head lifted from his knees.

Kenma sighed before sitting down to face Kuroo, dropping his bag beside him. The ground was not comfortable.

"This one" he tapped the top piercing in his ear. "Was because my parents got divorced".

Kuroo stared at him, mouth dropping open to talk.

"This one-" Kenma cut him off, pointing at the next ear piercing. "-was because I nearly dropped out of school".

"Really?" Kuroo's eyes intensified with surprise.

"Social anxiety" Kenma bit the inside of his cheek. "The point is...I got them when I felt bad about myself. The list goes on... They make me feel better".

Kuroo nodded, and then his eyes drew in suspiciously.

"You think I should get one...".

"I heard tongue piercings are in nowadays" Kenma cocked a teasing eyebrow.

"Nice try" Kuroo chuckled, and his knees slowly lowered till he was sitting cross-legged. "Why don't we just start off with those video games?".

Kenma's lips ticked into a small smile.

"I just bought this zombie game. But I heard when you beat the boss, its brains explode all over the screen".

"Haha, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit".

"You can come over tonight?". Kenma's mouth seemed to be working faster than his brain at the time.

Kuroo's toothy grin was all the confirmation he needed.

"That one looked like it hurt," Kuroo nodded towards him. "What was the inspiration?".

It took Kenma a few seconds to latch onto what he was referring to- but then his eyes widened and he ran a finger along his bottom lip.

The barbell felt cool under his touch.

"Nothing really," Kenma shrugged. "I just wanted it, and my parents really didn't want it".

"Ah, I always knew you were cool," Kuroo smirked.

And really Kenma should curse summer for the hotness creeping up the back of his neck.

~~~

Kuroo's number is finally in use.

Kenma's texted him his address and the time so that everything would go according to plan.

Unfortunately, that doesn't unlodge the stone that's been weighing in his stomach.

He cleans his room once, twice. Setting up his game station and shoving the stacks of manga under his bed is all in preparation.

However, no one can really prepare for Kuroo Tetsuro, because at 8:00pm there's a sound from outside.

Kenma rushes over to pull up the window frame, peering down into the darkness only to find Kuroo climbing the tree beside his house.

"Kenma!" he exclaims, looking up at him with an innocent expression

"What are you doing, my parents aren't even home" Kenma hisses.

Much to his annoyance, Kuroo only laughs at himself.

He climbs up to the branch closest to Kenma's window and soon they're face to face.

"Wow, this must look all kinds of wrong to your neighbours" Kuroo chuckles, looking over his shoulder.

Warmly lit windows illuminate the house next door, though the blinds are all shut.

Kuroo turns back to look at him. Kenma is exasperated. Kuroo grins.

"Don't look at me like that" Kuroo huffs.

He reaches forward, and Kenma feels the brush of a hot hand against his cheek as Kuroo tucks a lock of long hair behind his ear.

The beat in Kenma's heart immediately feels faster.

"Did I just feel a scar?" Kuroo raises his eyebrows, drawing his hand back.

"Don't ever get a helix piercing" Kenma grumbles, leaving the edge of the window.

"Noted" Kuroo chuckles, climbing through the window. "Oh shi-".

Kenma watches, mortified as Kuroo rolls through the window and onto the floor. His cheek lays plastered on the carpet, arms sprawled by his side.

"Is that BL manga?" Kuroo asks, staring straight under the bed.

Kenma wants to die.

~~~

It seems mutual embarrassment seems to be the key to getting along because the night runs smoothly from there on out.

(Though Kenma is unsure if Kuroo ever feels embarrassed).

They do a run-through of the new game Kenma has purchased.

He had started off with being particularly surprised at Kuroo's amount of skill. That feeling has slowly morphed into competitiveness.

Kuroo's tongue is sticking outside of his mouth and Kenma has nearly conceded to button smashing.

But in the end, it's Kenma who's smiling with victory.

Kuroo groans and drops his controller to the carpet.

"You must have played this before" Kuroo whines from behind the hands covering his face.

"Wow, that's a new excuse" Kenma chuckled, cracking out the knuckles on his hands. They had been playing for a few hours.

Kuroo drops backward, his head hitting the pillow behind him.

"I hope my next blink is my last" he speaks in monotone.

'Stop being dramatic" Kenma stares blandly at Kuroo's theatrics.

"I can't live, laugh, and love in these conditions" Kuroo continued.

"But you're so good!" Kenma exclaimed.

Kuroo's face peeked out from behind his hands.

"Your skills are immaculate. I've never seen better gameplay" Kenma smiled, coy.

"Stop," Kuroo squeaked, hiding his face again.

"Stop what?" Kenma smirked.

"I don't know. But it feels like a new form of bullying".

Kenma silently laughs at his despair.

He waits a few seconds before nudging Kuroo's body over so that he can sidle in between him and the wall. He folds his hands over his stomach and closes his eyes with a sigh.

Electricity crackles behind his eyes from looking at the screen in a dark room for so long.

Kenma feels Kuroo shift onto his side.

"I should get back soon".

Kenma's eyes flicker open and to the side, finding Kuroo's face closer than presumed.

"You can have a sleepover. I mean like, not a sleepover, that sounded weird. I mean like- I don't know. If you want to..." Kenma gave up stuttering over his words, exhaling a groan.

Sleepover sounded so childish. Kenma is a child.

"Kenma, I'm not even a year older than you" Kuroo huffed out a disbelieving breath.

"Stop thinking that I'm treating you like a kid, or someone below me. I don't know which one it is".

Kenma's heart was clenched and his throat felt blocked. How was it that Kuroo just knew how he was feeling?

"Sorry. I know" Kenma mumbles.

"Do you?" Kuroo asks, disbelievingly. "Because if you were in your first year, I would be in my second. In your second year I would have been a third-year".

"I know," Kenma reiterates.

"Okay, then why is it so hard to understand that I actually like you". Kuroo's voice is strong and intense.

Kenma can barely stand to look him directly in the face.

Despite all his primal instincts telling him not to, Kenma shifts onto his side to look at Kuroo.

"I like you too," he whispers.

A moment passes before Kuroo exhales a heavy sigh of relief.

"That's- that's cool. Thank you" he clears his throat over the last words.

Kenma gives Kuroo a long look, trying to gauge his reaction.

He just looks thoughtful, like he is trying to put together a puzzle but knows he is missing a piece.

"Do you want to...start a new game?" Kuroo blinks at him.

"What, so you can create new excuses for your two right hands".

"You're mean!" Kuroo complains.

"You're gay" Kenma retorts.

"I'm a scorpio, but close" Kuroo grins.

Kenma leans out and smacks him in the shoulder. Kuroo's mouth falls open and he utters out a gasp.

"You wanna play that game then huh?" he raises his eyebrows.

Abruptly Kuroo's sitting up and looming over him with wiggling hands.

"No...no no no no" Kenma's pitch increases as Kuroo attacks him. His hands spider up Kenma's sides, tickling him.

Kenma can't help but let out a bout of giggling, all while trying to kick him in retaliation. Kuroo sees this and cackles as he swings his legs over Kenma's thighs, pinning them to the bed beneath.

It's not like he wanted to laugh. Kenma was defenseless!

And it didn't seem to matter that half of the laughter was just because Kuroo was ending up to be someone he wanted to smile for.

Kuroo was also laughing between the gasping breaths and pleas from Kenma.

"Kuroo, stop! Stop! I swear to god, I'll bite you" Kenma wheezed, trying to bring his arms in towards himself for protection.

Then suddenly the torture was stopping.

Kuroo was looking down at him, eyes like broken honeycombs of molten gold. And never had Kenma thought someone was handsome until now

"Biting? Is that so?" Kuroo asked.

Kenma felt like a physical and emotional mess. At least that's what he blamed his next actions for.

Because suddenly he was pulling Kuroo's face downwards into a kiss.

It was an utter mix of emotions. Crashing waves hit his chest and seafoam filled his lungs. Kenma felt like he was drowning underneath the soft feeling of Kuroo's lips.

It was only a second before Kuroo abruptly pulled away.

The corners of his eyes were stretched wide. His lips parted in surprise. He looked stunned.

"Kenma" he breathed the name like it was something to be whispered behind closed doors.

Doubt started to roll through Kenma's body.

Fuck, what had he done?

"I thought...just maybe...that you might have feelings for me" his voice definitely did not tremble.

"Kenma I have so many feelings for you". Kuroo uttered out a tiny laugh.

Kenma supposed that he should start cursing Kuroo for the heat over his cheeks now. He turned his head away, feeling the heat creep all the way to his ears.

Oh god.

"Yeah well, I kinda knew already" Kenma muttered, truly at the extent of his feeling embarrassed. Never mind his lying.

"Wow, don't even start with that attitude Kuroo warns him. "You couldn't even name half of my feelings for you let alone your own.

That snapped Kenma's head back to look up at him.

"That's not true," Kenma disagreed.

"You're always- fucking smiling. It's contagious. Ugh," Kenma pushed at Kuroo's chest.

"I'm only ever smiling when you're around," Kuroo stares at him with a stupid smirk. Kenma stares back.

He pushes himself out from underneath Kuroo, sitting up to face him.

"I think that you-" Kenma utters. "-are my love language".

This seems to stop Kuroo in his tracks. His smile drops and his eyes cloud up with an unperceivable amount of fondness.

"I'm so glad I came back here for the summer" Kuroo whispers.

"Well, then that makes two of us" Kenma softly replies.

Without warning Kuroo is placing a hand on his thigh and leaning forward to cup Kenma's face, bringing him into another kiss.

He melts into it.

He has never felt so overwhelmed, but wanting the feeling of more more more.

And Kenma decided not to point out that Kuroo was smiling very hard into the kiss. Because everything about this moment was just...perfect.

Kuroo pulled back. "Wait a damn second. There's-".

His eyes darted downwards towards Kenma's thigh where his hand lay.

Diving into the pockets of Kenma's shorts, he pulled out the object of confusion.

"Oh my god. Is this...is this my fucking tamagotchi?" Kuroo looked at him in dazed disbelief.

"We could have gotten you a tongue piercing" Kenma sighed, looking away.

Kuroo chokes back a sound before he's laughing and prodding at Kenma who slaps his hands away with a smile.

It was a new kind of love.

Nevertheless, a little bit of foolishness and a lot of curiosity can always go a long way.

A new but also young love.

.

.

.

I hope you guys liked it :-) <3

Sorry I'm not back to writing new stuff yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424 43 12
______ "Don't run from love, even if you don't think it will last. As long as you love me, I still get to shine...... I'll never die." ______
11.8K 76 12
Most of this is smut unless I state otherwise at the start of the oneshot :) Main couples: sakuatsu, Iwaoi, Daisuga and bokuaka I don't do smut when...
387K 6.3K 122
it's all in the title... please give it a read and feedback ! request are PERMANENTLY CLOSED Has a bit of smut and lemon at times, so that's why it h...
46.4K 809 59
HQ!! x Reader --Oneshots-- Where as (y/n)-you-are paired with many and most HQ!! guys, and girls if you want, just ask in the comments. The scenari...