Life In Smallville {2}

By HeavensTree01

After Whitney left to join the Marines, Liana is struggling with deciding if she wants to tell Whitney or not... More

Character Description
Chapter 1: Vortex
Chapter 2: Heat
Chapter 3: Duplicity
Chapter 4: Red
Chapter 5: Nocturne
Chapter 6: Redux
Chapter 7: Lineage
Chapter 8: Ryan
Chapter 9: Dichotic
Chapter 10: Skinwalkers
Chapter 11: Visage
Chapter 12: Insurgence
Chapter 13: Suspect
Chapter 14: Rush
Chapter 15: Prodigal
Chapter 16: Fever
Chapter 17: Rosetta
Chapter 18: Visitor
Chapter 20: Witness
Chapter 21: Accelerate
Chapter 22: Calling
Chapter 23: Exodus

Chapter 19: Precipice

135 7 0
By HeavensTree01

Liana's at the Talon when she sees a few guys pour alcohol into their coffee. Liana says, "Sorry, guys, but the coffee here is strictly non-Irish." One of the guy says, "Oh, come on, loosen up. Yeah, have a drink!" Liana angrily says, "If that's what I think it is, you're gonna have to take it outside. Besides we're closing." The guys say, "Ooh! Ho ho!" Liana then walks over to Dr. Helen and says, "Can I get you anything else?" Helen says, "Just a boyfriend who can keep a date." Liana says, "Ah, you're definitely talking to the wrong person." They both laugh and then they hear the loud laughing from the guys drinking alcohol. Liana softly says, "Dr. Bryce, are you sure you're okay?" Helen says, "Yeah, I just thought I saw someone I knew. But it's late. I better be going. Thanks, Liana." Liana smiles and says, "No problem. Bye." One of the guys walk up to Liana and says, "Hey. We heard this place had the friendliest service in town." Liana says, "Just leave." The guy says, "Ah. That's no way to talk to a customer." Liana presses the emergency button behind the counter. The guy says, "Hey!" He throws Liana against shelf and the guy lifts Liana's face says, "Now, why don't we take this into the back and have a private party?" Clark comes in and says, "Stop! Get away from her!" The guy says, "Isn't it past your bedtime?" Liana looks up at Clark scared and Clark says, "Look, the police are on their way. Right now!" The guy looks to his friends and says, "Come on. Let's go." Clark crouches in front of Liana and worriedly says, "Liana, are you okay?" Liana softly says, "Yeah." Liana goes to where Clark is and watches  the guy get slammed on the police car. Clark tries to run away, but Liana's in front of him. The new sheriff points her gun at Clark and says, "On your knees. Hands behind your head. Now! Now!" Clark puts his hands behind his head and kneels down. Liana is scared for Clark. Liana, Clark, and the new sheriff go inside the Talon and Clark says, "So you're the new sheriff in town." The sheriff says, "You writing a book, Mr. Kent?" Clark says, "No, ma'am." The sheriff says, "Then keep the chitter-chatter to yourself. Flying boys. Flying boys aren't something you see every day. That young man told me you attacked him and his friends... then you throw him 30 feet onto my car." Clark says, "That's crazy." The sheriff says, "Then how come the paramedics were all over them and there's not a scratch on you, huh?" The sheriff says, "What about you, Miss Lang? What'd you see?" Liana shakes her head and says, "Nothing." The sheriff says, "You're lying, you know." Liana says, "Excuse me?" The sheriff says, "You said you made a good cappuccino. This is a great cappuccino." Liana smiles and Clark says, "Looks like we're done here." The sheriff says, "No, Mr. Kent. Mm-hm. We are just getting started."

The next day, Liana comes from out the Talon and sees Clark. Clark says, "Hey, Liana. What's wrong?" Liana says, "According to the sheriff I don't have case that'll hold up in court. It's all hearsay. At least you were there, Clark." Clark says, "Yeah. Look where it got me." Liana says, "Sorry. So, how'd you do it, Clark? I mean, I know you can take care of yourself but... there were three of them." Clark says, "They were drunk. And I was highly motivated. I mean, the thought of someone hurting you..." Liana says, "You can't keep your eye on me, every second." Clark says, "I can try." Liana says, "You're always there to save me. I don't always need you to save me, I can take care off myself." Later, Liana's still at the Talon and is putting away dishes. She feels a hand touch her shoulder and is startled. Liana gasps and drops a plate and turns to see Lex and he says, "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Liana says, "No, it's okay. I guess I'm still a little jumpy." Lex says, "It's understandable. You had quite an ordeal." Liana says, "I just feel so stupid. It's not like I was even hurt." Lex says, "No, no, this place has always been safe haven for you. Now that's been violated." Liana says, "So now what? Become a shut-in?" Lex says, "Liana, I know what it's like to feel vulnerable." Liana smiles and says, "You?" Lex softly chuckles and says, "Trust me, eccentric bald kids sit pretty low on the prep school totem pole. I was bullied for years, till one day I decided I have enough." Liana says, "What'd you do?" Lex says, "One of my father's chauffeurs was an ex-Navy SEAL. I convinced him to teach me to fight. Let's just say the next time I was cornered the guy ended up needing serious dental work." Liana says, "I could never hurt anybody." Lex says, "It's not about hurting people. It's about reclaiming your sense of control over your life. Isn't that what you want?"

The next day, Liana's at Lex's mansion punching a punching bag and says, "I can't even get the bag to move. I don't see how I'm supposed to take on a guy who's twice my size." Lex says, "Liana, getting the upper hand isn't about size. It's about decisiveness and speed. You have to commit. Right now you're only putting part of yourself into it. If you want to be effective, you have to put your whole body into it. Okay?" Liana says, "Okay." As Liana is punching, Lex says, "There you go. That's it. Now channel all your anger." Liana laughs and says, "Some of us aren't as angry as you are, Lex." Lex says, "'Course not, and what's to be angry about? Hmm? It's not like a bunch of frat boys came into your own place and harassed you. It's not like you felt helpless when that guy shoved you. And I know it doesn't make you feel mad that you needed Clark Kent to save you again." Liana keeps punching and then does a kick. Lex says, "Better." 

The next day, Liana's in the Talon and Clark walks in and says , "Smallville is a officially litter free." Liana says, "You must be exhausted." Clark says, "Well, frustrated and humiliated, yes. Exhausted, no. Hey, I can stick around for a little while if you want." Liana says, "I'm fine, Clark." Clark says, "I know, I just thought you might want some company. Karate Class? I take it the meeting with Lex went well." Liana says, "Lex has a way of bringing out a side of me that's both scary and liberating at the same time." Clark says, "Well, you know the first rule of self-defense is to avoid conflict." Liana says, "Relax, Clark, I'm not about to go prowling the night fighting crime. I'll leave that to the expert." Clark says, "Well, you can trust me, there's no future in fighting crime unless you enjoy being sued. You know what the worst part is? I know that he's faking. I just don't have proof. I was gonna follow him around with a camera, but I'd be violating the restraining order." Liana says, "Well, what about me?" Clark says, "What about you?" Liana says, "I want to see him go down as badly as you do. Let me help." Clark says, "No, that'd be too dangerous." Liana says, "Clark, the law's not on our side. What are we supposed to do?"

The next day at the Talon, Liana invites Andy to the Talon and he walks in and she says, "Thanks for coming."  Andy says, "Well, this better be good to get me out of bed so early." Liana says, "Listen, Andy, um, I'm really sorry about what happened the other night, but I think this has gotten a little out of hand. The lawsuit." Andy says, "Don't worry about it. It's Kent's problem." Liana says, "I know you're faking your injuries. I think you should drop the suit before you get caught." Andy says, "You didn't call me here to talk about no lawsuit, did you?" Andy goes to touch Liana and she pushes his hand away. Liana says, "Touch me again, and you'll have some real soft-tissue injury." Andy chuckles and says, "You can play hard to get, but we both know you want me. So why don't we take this into the back." Liana grabs Andy's arm and twists it. Liana kicks his stomach and does a jump kick on his face. Andy lands on a table and breaks it. Liana smiles felling proud of herself. Later, Liana goes to see Clark. Liana says, "Hi, Clark." Clark says, "I just got a phone call saying that Andy dropped the lawsuit. Any idea what could've made him do that?" Liana says, "Maybe he just realized that you were trying to help a friend." Clark says, "The sheriff told me you have quite a spin kick. I'm sorry I missed it." Liana says, "Huh, so you heard about that." Clark says, "Liana..." Liana says, "Clark, I know what you're gonna say. I shouldn't have gotten involved, but..." Clark says, "I just wanted to say... thank you." Liana smiles and says, "Oh." Liana says, "Well, you've been there for me so many times I just, I wanted to repay you. Besides, it's not every day that Liana Lang gets a chance to save Clark Kent." They both smile at each other and Clark says, "Yeah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 584 24
She hadn't been back to Seattle since she was 5-years old. Now she was back, ready to start her fellowship and try and put her old life behind her. ...
14.1K 199 10
piper rockelle has been going through a lot lately one day jentzen comes over to find out everything but what happens... read to find out! ⚠️this sto...
31.4K 748 10
What will summer do when she gets in a bus wreck caused by a space ship..but the aliens fuel got into her blood? Will she keep it a secret that she d...
2.6K 62 23
After the second meteor shower happened, Liana saw a spaceship with two aliens come out with powers. Liana and Clark are finally together and Liana a...