Outliers [L.S]

By louisrrry

"Louis, let me be open with you," he mutters softly. My brain was pounding with warnings. I knew deep down t... More

Prologue*
1*
2*
3*
4*
5*
6*
7
8*
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18*
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

29

154 5 1
By louisrrry

Louis' pov:

I sighed, laying across Niall's couch. He has been gone for a whole day now and my life has become very boring.

My leg dangles off the side of the couch, I stare down at Nathan with my head propped against the couch armrest. He types things into his laptop. His fingers flying over the keyboard. The silent clicking of the buttons drifting through the air.

After Niall had left, I promised Nathan the empty room. This whole time he has been spying for Harry he has been sleeping in the library. I wondered how Ro- Lucille, didn't notice him. She would be crazy enough to kill him. Just like with my mom.

I haven't thought about my mother and her death: that happened to be right in front of my eyes. I wasn't sure what to think of it. I was upset, sure. But I lived my life hating her and thinking she hated me. My brain couldn't exactly comprehend that she had loved me, and that I never knew.

It was weird to think my father and grandmother knew my mother was right under my nose but didn't tell me. And to think that my grandmother told me that my father didn't want my mother around or rather she had to 'escape' was a little confusing. Why did she come back if she thought my father was so bad? Or if he was making her life terrible enough that she needed to leave. It wasn't adding up.

Also, wouldn't I have recognized her? I remember not recognizing the girl. I think if I saw my mother I would have seen some sort of similarities especially since my father complains about how much I look like her. I wish I knew more about the situation but I didn't have the time. I needed to focus on what was happening now, and not of the past.

"Harry has told me that Niall has fit right in. He has made many friends and many more enemies." Nathan taps one last button on his keyboard and gazes up at me. "People report to Harry that he's annoying. Childish and things like that."

I scoff, pulling my leg up into the couch. I bend them in front of me, blocking Nathan from my vision. His head peeks over my knees, his hair flopping over his forehead.

"I'm glad they're being tortured by him. They treated me badly," I grumbled. I sit up, sitting criss-crossed in front of Nathan. Nathan smiles cheekily shutting his laptop.

"I suppose," he mumbles. "We should talk more about what our next step is. Do you know when you are going to go visit Harry?"

"Nope. Not one mention to me about him. I'm assuming soon," I answered. Nathan nods, pulling his bottom lip between his teeth.

Nathan's phone lights up, I try to peek at the notification but he grabs his phone before I get the chance.

"You know, you could take me shopping. Or I could take us. I need a phone. It'll be nice to text Harry on my own terms," I suggest.

"I don't have a car. It's at Harry's," Nathan mumbles, staring down at his phone screen. My finger twitches against my knee. I became slightly annoyed he was ignoring me.

"My dad got me a car just yesterday. I told you that," I replied slowly. Nathan licks his lips before clicking his phone off. He stares down at me.

"You're right. You did. We can go. This place is boring anyway," Nathan says with a shrug. I clap my hands with a grin, jumping from the couch. I prance to the coat hanger. Taking my jacket from the hook and slipping it on. Nathan jumps around the living room, attempting to slip his shoe on. I roll my eyes at him.

I bend over grabbing my keys from a bowl placed on a table beside the door. They jiggle loudly as I place them in my coat pocket. Nathan grabs his own coat, opening the door and letting me leave Niall's apartment first.

Even though it was the late afternoon the hallway lights were dimmed. It had to be because of the rainy day, the lights operating with the outside light. It made the air feel even more gloomy than it already was. A soft chatter could be heard from the common room, meaning something big was happening. I rolled my eyes at the thought of some guys having a fist fight again.

"It's usually not that noisy in there," Nathan comments. His green eyes narrowed down the hallway. His hand drops from the door knob, sliding into his front jean pocket.

I took my own glance down the hallway. The common room wasn't visible, a shadow of darkness seeping into the hallway corridors and blocking any view. I shrugged, beginning to walk down the hallway. The lack of sun could be the cause of the darkness. I didn't see the reason to worry about it.

The closer we got the louder the voices got. The hallway dimming to an even darker shade. It was strange how dark it really was. As if a wall was trapping the light out. Which, I knew was impossible. There was nothing to block the hallway from the common room.

My steps slowed as Nathan and I got engulfed in darkness. Not even the dim hallway being visible. My nerves picked up slightly, a thin layer of sweat coating my skin.

"What do you think is happening," Nathan whispers. His voice comes from behind me.

"I'm not sure. It shouldn't be this dark, there's windows. The sunlight should be shining through," I answered. I took slow steps, my fingertips trailing the wall.

The hallway wall disappears, the sound of shoes hitting tile sound. People were still shouting. Chaos was breaking out through this room yet I couldn't see it. I couldn't spot if someone was coming for me.

A lump forms in my throat. I press my back flat against the wall, the cold brick seeping through my t-shirt. The sound of feet scuffing reaches me from my right. I pray it's Nathan copying my position, and not some sort of attacker.

"It's odd... It sounds like people are fighting like they can see," Nathan whispers. His arm brushes up against mine.

"I can't even see the front door so we could just leave. Whatever is happening I don't want a part of," I murmured.

Without warning, a hand wraps around my waist, sending me crashing into the floor. I land with a loud oof. My eyes search for the intruder through the darkness, trying so hard to see through the endless black. I blindly reached out for the person. A piece of fabric grazes over my fingertips, so quickly I couldn't process it.

"I wouldn't, if I were you," the attacker sneered. I jerked at the sudden noise in my ear. I listen as they shift, their shoes tapping against the tile floor in a quick rhythm before my body skids across the floor as they land a kick in my side. My brain doesn't have time to register my pain as they slam a foot to my chest, my back arching with the impact.

My hand flies for their foot, grabbing nothing. The weight of them disappearing. I let out a frustrated sigh, glaring into the dark. Seconds later a hand wraps into my hair, ripping me forward. I'm tossed against a wall. Pain shoots across my skull, my head pounding. I reach for my head, my hands coming back sticky.

I use the wall as leverage to pull myself up. Even though I couldn't see, I still felt a wave of dizziness wash over me. My eyes blinked slowly on instinct.

The shirt of my collar tightens around my throat, the attacker grabbing the fabric from the back of my shirt. I'm whirled back, the only thing holding me from falling to the ground was their hold on me.

"You dance beautifully," they murmured, their lips brushing against my ear. I reach for their face but with a swoosh I'm spinning. My hair flies from my face, sent into the air in a twirling mess. My legs tangled together. My arms flying out in an attempt to steady myself.

My spinning stops, I'm brought in by a pair of arms wrapping around me. My body dips, the blood rushing to my head. The loud pound of my heart slamming against my skull.

I felt useless, hanging in an arch. I've never been this powerless. I never realized how much I relied on my own sight. My back felt like it was going to snap in two, but I knew my attacker wasn't planning on bringing me from my dip anytime soon. I pressed my lips together, breathing harshly through my nose. I wasn't even controlling my own movements, yet I was tired.

My hair flops back onto my forehead as I'm brought from my dip. I think maybe I'm done being used as a doll, but I'm thrown again. My feet leaving the ground, my body spinning through the air. I felt like an arrow with no sense of where It was going.

Then I'm landing into their arms again. My stomach lurched with the sudden hard drop. I felt like I was going to be sick, but I pushed past it.

The palms of their hands pressed into my stomach, as they lowered me. My stomach settled as my feet made contact with the ground again. Sweat slipped down from my hairline. It made me worried about how my head was bleeding. I'm sure it wasn't bad, due to the fact I was still conscious.

"You dance like a bird," my attacker pants. They were tired too? My arm flies out, reaching for them once again. This time I caught a clump of fabric. I pull with whatever strength I have left, sending them to the ground. The sound of a crash indicates that I succeeded. I follow the noise blindly, dropping to the ground. After a small search I feel the fabric of jeans. I yank on it, the attacker skidding across the floor.

I felt slightly uncomfortable feeling up their body in the search of their face. I reach the curve of their shirt. Their neck burned, sweat heavily coating their skin. They had a small scruff that itches against my finger tips.

Their hand wraps around my waist, pressing me against the tiled floor. I gritted my teeth, pushing them away. Their hand snatches my wrist, ripping it backwards. A yelp rips from my throat, my wrist snapping. A drop of sweat rolls down my back, but I push forward. My hand grabs their face, my body stills, numb coating my nerves.

Confusion fills me as I feel a rectangular item covering part of their face. I rip it off. I hear the sound similar to a rubber band snapping.

"Hey," they snarl. Their hand clenches around my arm, pulling me forward again, causing my body to crash into theirs. I slam the rectangular item into their side, breaking their grip on me. I use my legs to push myself backwards. Surprisingly they don't seem to follow.

I bring the item to my own face, a small gasp escaping my lips. The world was seeable although it was green. Men with matching jackets with a huge letter S beat the absolute shit out of my fathers. It was absurd to see. The guys who I've always known as strong being carelessly thrown around. I grab the two strands of the bands dangling from the night vision goggles, tying them together around the back of my head.

I stood from the ground. I flexed my hurt wrist, wincing. It was for sure not broken but I could see that it was swollen and already bruised.

I walk to the guy I stole the goggles from, checking his pockets for a suitable weapon. I came up empty, which was a bit confusing. I feel a pair of eyes burning into the side of my head. I peek at the owner. They smile a wolf like smile. I blink, looking back to my attacker. I checked his pulse, realizing quickly the hit to his ribs killed him. I'm glad he suffocated slowly. I lift his limp body, taking off his jacket. I take off my own before slipping his on. It was surprisingly tight on me. I rolled my shoulders, breaking in the tight fabric.

A swirl of what looks like smoke comes into my vision. It was oddly black. Darker than the night sky. That's when I realized the whole floor looked to be an empty abyss. The smoke clawing up my legs. It never reached my knees. I ignored the odd smoke, looking up in a search for Nathan. He still stood by the wall.

I jogged to him. I tapped his shoulder lightly, he jumped, his eyes flickering but not blinking. I bend to his ear to whisper. "I'm going to grab you but don't freak out, it's me... Um I mean Louis." He relaxes slightly. I grip his arm, tugging him towards the front doors. This place was clearly not safe, giving an excuse to us still being able to leave.

As I pushed the huge glass doors open, the light was much brighter than anticipated. Both Nathan and I sucked in a breath. I rip the goggles from my face, blinking against the light.

"What the fuck was that," Nathan fumed. His eyes squinted with a hand over his eyes shielding them from the sun's rays.

"I'm not even sure." Nathan blinks, slowly dropping his hand. His eyes widened with surprise, his hand flying to my forehead.

"What happened to you?"

"My head hit the wall, it's fine," I grumbled. I touch my forehead, dried flakes of blood falling off. I was glad it wasn't serious and the blood had already stopped.

Nathan shakes his head, licking his fingers and rubbing a sore spot against my temple. I gape at him, lifting my shirt to wipe his saliva off.

"That's disgusting! And extremely unsanitary!"

Nathan shrugs, looking back at my fathers building. His eyebrows furrow. "It doesn't make sense. I couldn't see anything in there, and now I can." I also looked at the glass doors, spotting exactly what he was talking about.

"It was some sort of smoke. I could see it with these goggles. The guy that attacked me was wearing them." Nathan raises an eyebrow, glancing at the black goggles in my hand. I offer them to him but he shakes his head.

"Do you know who they are? Or rather why are they here?"

I shake my head. I glance at my hurt wrist. The swelling has already gone down, leaving only a purple bracelet. "Not a clue. I'm sure they have to be some sort of organization from their jackets." Nathan makes a popping sound with his mouth, nodding.

"A smart group too. I've never heard of them. Or have seen them, and Troy's only enemy is Harry. Would Harry send this herd of dudes here?"

I wasn't sure. Harry was crazy enough, but it wouldn't explain the jackets. I also felt like he would warn Nathan and I. He wouldn't let us be amongst an attack like that.

"It's a possibility but a small one," I mumbled. Nathan pressed his lips together, kicking a random pebble. Nerves kicked against my stomach. Whatever just happened was nothing I liked, and it had me worried.

"Let's just go," Nathan mutters, jerking his thumb towards my car. I chuck the goggles, it shatters against the black topped ground.

"Yeah. Let's go. Let's hope this is over with when we get back."

_____

Hey y'all sorry for the late update I was at deer camp all over noon, and I didn't start writing until 6 my time, and I'm just about to edit.

Anyway- I edited. Let me know your thoughts so far :) and I can't believe I hit 6k! It's surprising how many people have found my story!

Also, my pms are always open and feel free to message me!

Edit: Guys! Harry is 23 and Louis is 19 almost 20. The ages will be more realistic later on hahah!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 678 47
"Wanna join?" I grab the fabric on the chair but Harry puts his hand on mine and looks at me. "What can I win?" With my head close to his, I can see...
723 31 23
Reuploaded story by BeyondxLawliet of Ao3 This is a story where Harry kidnaps Louis. A small bit of the story: "Let's go out to my car, yeah?" he hea...
24.9K 854 37
harry is 21 and louis is 23. they are music students in manchester. niall, who is harry's best friend, hangs out with liam and zayn who happens to be...
150K 4.8K 69
"What are you thinking about, Hazza?" "I-" "It's alright baby take your time." "I'm scared to get it wrong." "Get what wrong?" "Me." Or, Louis is...