Came Because of Our Song ✔️

Bởi Werly_Prelude

It's been almost an year now, since Wei Ying and Lan Zhan parted at the hill just outside the territories of... Xem Thêm

Start of a Choas
I Can't Help But Wish
The Trip to Trouble 1
The Anonymous Sender
Time For A Visit
Mr. I Don't Know Anything but Everything
Important Character Info
Follow Me in The Shadow
The First Day of Cultivation Conference
Another Gift
I Need Your Help
The Archery Competition-I
The Archery Competition-II
My Beauty My Curse
Encounter
Close Your Eyes
So Close Yet So Far~I
Didi, Wait for Me
Angel From the Moon
Protective Brother
A Hole In My Heart
It's About Time
You Are an Idiot
It is Decided
No Gift ?
It's My Turn
Trip to Trouble ~II
Leave Them
Some Warnings: Do Not Skip
The Trap : Reality
I Am Here
Lotus Pier - I
Banked Rage: Control
Banked Rage: Lost
Back To Cloud Recesses -I
Back To Cloud Recesses ~II
Banked Rage: Explosion
Calm The Storm
Reminiscent Past, Suppressant Fast
I Know
Changing Weather- I
Awakening Rage, Darkening Haze
Brewing the Storm
Never Alone
The Game Is On ~1
Not Again, Never Again
Whole Again
Big Reveal and Plotting
Let My Mind Bleed
The Game Is On~ 2
Closer to The Truth
Can't Believe I Am Late ~1
Can't Believe I Am Late-2
Beware of the Yiling Patriarch~1
Understanding: With&Without You
Heart To Heart
Lan Zhan Says Yes!
WuJi For Me, WangXian For You
Epilogue + Thanks

Amiss

1.6K 141 25
Bởi Werly_Prelude

A man in viridian green and Prussian blue–black robes sat at the low table in the centre, his nimble hands painting strokes of black branches and falling leaves on a paper fan. With one hand holding his sleeves to keep them out of the way and face full of concentration; the person represented a consequential image of a scholar deft in ink art and literature. An incense burner in the figure of a dragon and bull released soothing aroma, a feeling of tranquillity filling the space.

Several scrolls and books on the shelves lining the walls and spiralling the room, paper fans depicting scenic views and ancient poems, window panes painted in mongolian blooms, literary scrolls hung artistically— all culminated together gave an aura of peace, importance and class.
Anyone who entered the room or took a look would say that it belonged to a respected scholar or a person known for their immense knowledge; definitely not someone known as the "Headshaker" or "I Don't Know Anything"; which was exactly the title belonging to the owner of the said room.

Ironic, how public opinion can contrast so much against the actual truth.

The man sitting at the table, non other than the current Sect leader of Nie Clan and probably the most cunning person in the cultivation world at the moment, Nie Huaisang, shifted in his position a frown appearing between his brows on a particularly minute stroke when someone knocked on the door, hard.

Nie Huaisang jolted, concentration snapping and his hand shaking; making a broad stroke near a thin branch. He grimaced looking at the painting, now ruined because of some fool who didn't had the decency to knock softly and sighed. Might as well know what's happening.

Keeping the ruined fan aside, he cleared the table of brushes and ink before calling in whoever was outside. A Nie disciple came in, looking anywhere but at him and Nie Huaisang suddenly wanted to shake the boy.

Why does everyone acts like they fear him ?

" So are you going to tell me anything or not ?" He snapped and you can't blame him. This person just ruined his artwork, he cannot expect for Nie Huaisang to keep his annoyance away now, can he ?

" Uh..Nie zhongzhu...woh( I)—"
" Just speak your mind and go." Nie Huaisang said,waving his hand as if to indicate his disinterest in whatever the disciple had to say. Though he didn't miss the beads of sweat on the boy's forehead and the shaking form, the roaming eyes or the rigid posture; all telling him one thing— the boy felt threatened.

Sensing this, the Nie Sect Leader's eyes narrowed. There was only one person in the whole cultivation world capable of making one feel so insecure that they felt being watched the whole time, the shadows lurking everywhere just awaiting their master's command to strike.

But what was he doing here ?

" Did Wei Wuxian send a message for me ?" The disciple nodded furiously, hands vibrating in full force as he produced a scroll almost dripping in shadows as Nie Huaisang took it.

" Nie zhongzhu, this might be dangerous—" the boy shut his mouth at one look from his leader and the young Nie Sect Leader waved him away.
Keeping the scroll on the floor a few meters away from anything fragile he sent a bit of energy to unseal it and had to hide behind a bookshelf immediately to prevent imminent self danger. The scroll opened to unleash shadows and harsh cries, all bursting open and stuffing the room in an instant; the tranquillity from earlier vanishing.

From his position safe behind the sturdy furniture, Nie Huaisang first gave a pitiful scream and then whipped out two talismans from his sleeves, throwing them in the direction of the scroll. The screams and cries died, leaving in its wake a ominous silence and his own thundering heartbeat. Safe for now, Nie Huaisang opened the scroll already expecting a whirlwind to splash him in the face. Which it did, literally.

" Wei Xiong, you gave gotten creative. " Huaisang muttered, still reeling from the shock and aftereffects of his friend's greetings. After reading the letter he gulped, blinking and wracking his brain to start plotting already.

He didn't want to die young. He was smart enough.

As he put the scroll in his sleeves for later reading and planning another knock sounded. After getting permission, a head poked in, the disciple from earlier looking around anxiously. Nie Huaisang rolled his eyes.
" You can come in now. "
The boy hesitated a good deal but eventually came in, his hands folded at the back. " Ah...Nie zhongzhu..."
" Just say it, I have much more to do than wait to listen to you." The Nie Sect Leader said petulantly with his eyes moving towards his ruined art piece.

Oh, he will definitely be punishing this brat. Maybe two rounds of handstands ?

" Ah. Nie zhongzhu, actually Zewu-Jun has also sent a message. " Then why was Nie Huaisang only knowing about it now ? As if reading his mind, the disciple smiled sheepishly.
" I thought that maybe you would prefer to read the bad news before the good one..."

Maybe ten rounds of handstands should be considered.

" Just give it to me. "

Turned out that Zewu-Jun had changed. For someone known for his diplomatic skills and serenity, the letter was quite harsh. For a moment Nie Huaisang thought someone had faked the letter but the penmanship and the formal GusuLan seal was impossible to duplicate. One thing was sure; if the elder Jade was present physically, he would be dead meat.

*****

A sichen later.....

" Do not mess anything and be safe. "
" But zhongzhu, you remember what happened last time ? " a sigh.

" Hmm...the flower is attracting us towards it, but should we go ?"
The man blinked in confusion.
" What do you mean zhongzhu...."
Nie Huaisang turned towards the man, fanning himself.
" What I mean is....would you lay a trap only when the prey is visible or earlier ? Answer me ZhouBan. "

" Obviously before the prey is visible. How can I catch it if I only lay the trap when the target is near the place ? "

" Correct!" The young Sect leader clapped, snapping his fan shut.
" Looks like we need to hunt the hunter ZhouBan. Get your men ready. "

" As you wish zhongzhu. " the man kneeled, bowing low before taking his leave. But before he opened the door, his hands paused.

Before he could ask anything though, Nie Huaisang spoke " You know me well, don't you ?"
" Yes, zhongzhu. "
" Then speak and act wisely ZhouBan. It would do you and others well. "
" Yes....Nie zhongzhu. "

********

A week later in Gusu~

Sound of hooves could be heard in the distance as people went about their business in Caiyi. At first no one gave the sound any attention as it was morning and many traders would pass the town or enter for trade, their carts and horses loaded with stocks; but when it increased too much to be simply ignored, strong footsteps accompanying the hooves then many became curious. It wasn't everyday that a big party of horses and men came to Caiyi or to be more specific, to Cloud Recesses. So naturally everyone was drawn to the sounds, wondering who the person was.

A moment later a huge party of horse ridden and on-foot soldiers filled the busy streets, some of them carrying flags with a signia on it while others marched; all adorned in full armour. People scrambled to get aside as the soldiers pushed the stalls and carts away to make space for the man in the centre. If anyone had admired the figure sitting proudly on the white horse earlier, that admiration had certainly been washed away in the wake of such show of arrogance and power .
As if announcing his presence, two soldiers in front blew the gong, the sound deafening. Some of the elderly fainted from how loud it was while others clasped their palms on their ears to protect them.

After the party of soldiers has passed, whispers rose in the air. 'Who was that gonzi ?' 'Was he heading towards Cloud Recesses?' 'Why is he here ?' 'How arrogant !'
The words died down subsequently but people still kept an eye out for anything, hoping that the troublesome and arrogant man wouldn't return anytime soon.

Sizhui had been on guard duty today and was simply looking around the rocky stairs when he heard it. The unmistakable sound of war gongs. He had never heard it before and only had memories of it but the sound and the message it carried was crystal clear. A war ? Here ? Why ? There were so many questions he wanted to ask but there was no one, except the other disciple who had gone pale. Probably he recognised the sound too.

He could think later, right now they needed to act. Sizhui nodded towards his fellow disciple who took out a talisman and sent it flying towards the interior of the Cloud Recesses. It would warn the others and probably buy them some time to get to know their enemy. Taking out another talisman from his sleeves, Sizhui sent it down the mountain. This one would draw a protective array at the entry gate, barring anyone from entering. Unless their attacker had first class spiritual weapons, the barrier shall stand.

" Who would dare to attack us at this moment ?"

" We cannot be sure ZhanMin. Our position is surely stable but you do not need an excuse to attack." Not everyone.
Even he was wondering about the attacker but wondering won't get them anywhere. As far as Sizhui knew, their position though precarious, was secured by the silent support of both LanlingJin and YunmengJiang. QinghzeNie though....Still the Nie Sect Leader was quite timid and frail looking to attempt an ambush. Also, he knew that Xian gege was friends with him so the record was clear. The minor clans cannot do so unless they have tremendous support and surety about their victory, which is always a variable no one wants to bet on.

" Sizhui!" Hearing his name, Sizhui turned to see ZhanMin pointing down. The sound of gongs has stopped but they couldn't be sure. Just then a group of seniors and some trained teachers came running, the rule of no running forgotten in their worry to protect their home.

"We got the signal,  what happened ?"

" Someone played the war gongs!"

" That's impossible. Who in their mind would play a war gong here ?" One of the teachers said when someone spoke " We need to check. "

Everyone turned to see Lan Xichen walking towards them with his sword in hand, his expression pinched.
" Take a group of senior disciples and three elder trainers down the mountain with you and check first. If the other party is willing to talk, send me a cloud. Others, come with me. "
Even after being in seclusion, Lan Xichen took the reins naturally. He had been taught since being of age how to to handle such matters, vlaiming authority and commanding was second nature now.

Turned out that it was the Prince from the Northern Kingdom who had come to visit Cloud Recesses. When asked about the war gongs, he said " Ah that! It was just announcing my presence. "
At this Lan Xichen's eyebrows twitched with several other seniors having the same expression.

But they recognised the hidden message within those words too. ' Give me what I want or else I will take it in war '

Several fists clenched at this, jaws tight as the Lans waited with baited breath to hear the prince's demand; hoping it won't end in a bloodbath.

《♤♤》♤♤》♤♤》♤♤》♤♤》♤♤》♤♤》

17- 18 November, 2021

Published : 18 November, 2021

Tell me you thoughts and give me insights,
Hope my story is worth your time.
Votes and comments motivate me to write and tell me your likes and dislikes. So, don't be shy ( don't be rude either ).

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

46.4K 3.2K 41
"It's okay if you don't accept my feeling. It's okay if you hate me, But please, please stay by my side so I can protect you, guard you from being hu...
561K 12.5K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
25.5K 760 11
-DISCONTINUED -OOC Our beloved bsd ships all come to life in this short book! ships included: soukoko shin soukoku boomer soukoku (m*ri x Fukazawa) ...
1M 54.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...