Honesty - Criminal Minds || S...

By bekah-x

{Book One} COMPLETED - SPOILERS PRIOR TO SEASON 12 The BAU were not ready for the arrival of Aaron's Hotchne... More

POV Titles.
Prologue
1. Agent Brenda Melanie Joyner
2. Team
3. Digging The Dirt
4. Skin
5. Swallowing Your Pride
6. CH3CH2OH
7. Carpe Diem
8. Out With It
9. What You Waiting For?
10. Competition
11. Act Normal
12. Blame It On Me
13. The Winning Move
14. Life Support
15. Wake Up and Smell the Coffee
16. We're the FBI
17. What Makes You Beautiful
18. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
19. Beside Every Great Man Is A Great Woman
20. From Past To Present
21. What's Meant To Be Will Be
22. Gratitude
23. The Gift of Love
24. Proximity
25. Inseparable
26. Reconciliation
27. What's Mine Is Yours
28. It Can Happen To Anyone
29. Overview
30. Reach Out Your Hand
31. This Time It's Personal
32. It's All About The Impact
34. It's Better Late Than Never
35. Sheer Perfection
36. Feel My Pain
37. Small Bump
38. Hold Me Closer
39. What Is The Right Thing?
40. Arrivederci

33. Take Me To Church

7.2K 174 113
By bekah-x

"If the heavens ever did speak she's the last true mouthpiece. Every Sunday's getting more bleak, a fresh poison each week. "We were born sick", you heard them say it. My church offers no absolutes, she tells me "Worship in the bedroom". The only heaven I'll be sent to is when I'm alone with you." ~ Hozier

The Doctor

I made sure my mom was comfortable and allowed the paramedics to check her over before I left the room. I hurried along the hallway to the team gathered in the reception.

"What's going on?" I asked as I approached, realising that Melanie, JJ and Rossi weren't with us.

"Kate Callaghan didn't do this." Aaron explained with a clenched jaw. 

"What?" I demanded in confusion. 

"Garcia's just spoken with her and she's at home with her family back in DC. I've spoken with her head of department who confirmed she was at work during the times of the abductions and the phone-call with your mother. Garcia's got ahold of the CCTV to confirm this too. Kate Callaghan didn't do this."

His words hung in the air and we all stared at each other in confusion.

"But... my mom... she said... Kate Callaghan."

"That's because the Unsub wanted us to think that," Morgan said, running his hand over his jaw worriedly. "The Unsub left Mel a note and sighed it from Kate." He trusted a letter in an evidence bag towards me and I accepted it, reading over the poorly rhyming words with  grimace.

"Kate?" I echoed. "Who could have done this?"

"We don't know," Prentiss said, shaking her head sadly. "But it's clear that Melanie's got some talking to do." I followed her eye-line to see her guiding Daisy and Ben into one of the SUV's with tear-stained cheeks and sighed.

What the hell was going on?

The Daughter

It took a few hours, but eventually, all of the kids were cleared to go and we were all piled in on the jet. I knew there were some serious conversations to be had once we were home, and I knew that as I sat watching Ben and Daisy sleep for the whole flight that I should probably sleep too, but I didn't have the courage too.

I'd come all this way to save them, the last thing I wanted to do was lose them to a few hours of shut-eye.

When we arrived back in the unit, there were so many screams and cries of joy and happiness as all of the families were reunited. Morgan had taken Anthony back to Chicago on a commercial flight, so the pair were absent from the big reunion and he was expected back tomorrow.

After Caitlyn and Kieran had held and kissed me a thousand times, I eventually managed to send them off and turn to the rest of the team. 

"Are we doing this now, or later?" I asked, turning on my dad as he spoke to Beth in a low voice.

"Mel..." He said in an apprehensive tone.

"I know what you're going to ask," I said, the rest of the conversations falling silent around us. "I know that everyone is enraged with me, but..." Is shrugged. "I don't know any Kates... And I don't know what to tell you. Spencer's mum said Kate Callaghan, and the only other Kate I know is my mum," I laughed. "And that's impossible. So," I shrugged again and shook my head. "I don't know what more you want from me."

"Mel... we don't want anything from you," Dave said softly. "But we will need to do some digging, to try to find this son-of-a-bitch."

"Yes," I agreed frantically. "Please... Because I really don't know what's going on."

The Doctor

Aaron drove Melanie and I to the apartment in silence, all of us entirely exhausted and down-beaten after the complete lack of result on the case. We had local PD and Garcia working on any potential leads, but, we were resigning ourselves to the fact that there was nothing we could do.

We had the kids home.

My mom was fine.

Everything was... fine. The Unsub had drugged the kids and thankfully they'd been completely unconscious throughout the entire ordeal, up until moments before we'd breached the building. The entire thing was relatively undramatic for them, and the chances were, Jack would have more memory of the event than the kids would.

"Are you sure you wouldn't rather come home?" Aaron asked as he pulled up outside of the apartment. "Both of you, I mean."

"Honestly dad," Melanie smiled at him sleepily, reaching across the console to kiss his cheek. "I've got to take this step." She said in a soft voice, reaching out to touch his hand.

"Okay... Well... if either of you need anything, just call." We both thanked him and climbed out of the car tiredly, taking to the stairs in silence.

I let us both inside and Melanie took my hand in hers and flicked the light out, leading me into the bedroom without saying a word. 

She stripped out of her clothes and grabbed one of my t-shirts from over the armchair in the corner, loosening her bra and pulling the t-shirt on quickly as I too got changed.

We climbed into bed and huddled beneath the covers together.

"You have no idea how much I've missed this," She mumbled as she slid across the mattress to me; curling around me and bundling her head beneath my chin like always. "I'm sorry for being weird these past few weeks." She apologised as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Weird?" I echoed. "Melanie..." I shook my head, at a total loss for words. 

I sighed my rage out and turned my face to her head, kissing the top of her hair and pulling her tighter against me beneath the duvet. 

"Melly you have nothing to apologise for... These past few weeks I haven't known what to say or do to help you. I'm the one who's been acting weird and I'm the one who's sorry. I love you." She turned her face up to see me and smiled tearfully; her eyes shining in the darkness of the bedroom. 

"I'm so lucky to have you Spencer Reid." I smiled and reached up, tracing the slope of her cheekbones as she smiled.
"Melanie Hotchner, I'm the lucky one."

The Daughter

The next day we walked into work hand-in-hand, smiling and laughing about Garcia's complete hilarity the previous day. 

She'd run back and forth between my dad's office and the conference room, trying to keep everybody calm and happy while trying to work the case too. Looking back on it now, it didn't half make us both giggle.

"Good morning you two," My dad greeted us by the coffee pot and I smiled up at him, grinning as he kissed my cheek hello. "You're certainly happy this morning." He commented.
"Glad to be back," I explained. "It's been a long time coming." I added.

"Mel it's been a fortnight," He chuckled and I nodded my head.
"Two weeks too long." I explained and he and Spencer exchanged a knowing look.

"So what's on the cards for today?" Spencer asked, handing me a cup of coffee as my dad sipped at his own.

"Well we have to write up the reports for yesterday. We still have to treat it like it was any other case." Spencer and I exchanged worried expressions.
"Are there any leads?" I asked in a sheepish voice.

"No," My dad said gravely. "Garcia's found nothing in your history to match with any Kates that might have been a possibility. Callaghan's alibi is watertight and there's no way she was involved. We're coming up empty."

"I'm sorry," Melanie said after a long pause. "I really wish I could remember something."

The Doctor

Everybody was thrilled to see Melanie back, and even happier to see us both talking happily again. 

There was no animosity from the day before; everyone was just pleased to get back to work and obviously to have their kids home safe and sound.

It was a long day filled with paperwork, but eventually, it was over.

"How did your report go?" Melanie asked as I helped her into her jacket and passed her satchel.
"Interesting," I admitted. "And slightly awkward." I said honestly.
"Yeah me too," She sighed and we left the bullpen, calling the lift and shifting awkwardly on our feet as Melanie said, "I didn't really know what to say about Kate... I just explained that there was nobody from my past who I thought would be responsible... Did you mention Callaghan?"

I nodded as we got into the lift and pressed for the parking lot.

"It's the first I've had to mention it in a professional report. We didn't need to do anything like that when she left because I didn't report it," I rubbed my thumb across my forehead. "But honesty is the best policy, so," I shrugged. "Let's hope we get the real Kate soon enough."

The Daughter

That night, Spencer made us dinner and we sat together on the sofa watching TV and snuggling.

"How are you?" He asked, his fingertips tracing my shoulder. My head was tucked under his chin as my back was pressed against his chest, his arms around me.

"I'm good," I smiled, tilting my head back to see him. "How are you?" I asked, reaching my left hand up to run my fingers through his hair.

He smiled and closed his eyes, leaning into my touch.

I smiled as he didn't answer my question, just delicately moaned under my touch.

I couldn't help myself, in that moment I just wanted to see more of him. I sat up abruptly and threw my legs over his lap, straddling his waist as he laughed in surprise and put his hands on my waist.

"Mel, what're you-"

"Ssh," I pressed my fingertips to his lips. "I just want to look at you." I said, running my fingers from his mouth down his chin, along his jawline and down his neck to his chest, appreciating every inch of his face and shoulder line. 

"I've missed you." He said in a thick voice, after a while of my fingertips tracing his skin and my eyes drinking him in.

"I've missed you, too." I said in a voice just as thick, leaning down to press my lips against his.

It was just a shallow kiss, testing the waters, testing myself, to see how much I wanted and how far I wanted to go.

But all I felt was Spencer, all I could see and feel was Spencer, and all I wanted was Spencer.

It wasn't about sex, or passion or what had happened. It was about comfort and love and intimacy. It was about loving myself and my body enough to know what it wanted and what memories I had to make to heal my mind and my needs.

The kiss deepened and my fingers knotted in his hair.

"Melanie..." He mumbled, his lips slipping to my jaw. "I don't know if we should do this." He mumbled.

"It's okay," I said desperately. "I just want to be loved, Spencer." I said in a thick voice, taking his face in my hands and kissing his lips again.

The Doctor

For weeks Garcia and different bureau departments had tried to trace who had taken the kids. Security was upped at the Sanitarium, and everyone was on high alert. The kids' schools were notified, and everybody invested in state-of-the-art-technology. 

The sanitarium CCTV hit a dead-end as the cameras they had were bogus and didn't actually record anything - they were only there to act as a deterrent, and cell towers had only traced a burner phone which had only been used for my mom to make that one call to me, and then the phone had died.

Melanie's history was being torn apart from start to finish, which neither of us particularly liked, and Garcia felt just as bad for it.

"I can't stand this anymore," Melanie groaned as we barged inside my apart three weeks after the kids' abduction. "It's constant, continuous questions and phone-calls, getting everyone's hopes up just for the trail to go cold, I can't stand it!"

"Well maybe if you gave them something, they might be able to help..." I couldn't help it, Melanie when she's angry just sparked something in me that made me want to prod a little further to see how far she'd go.

"What?" She rounded at me as I locked the front door and dumped my keys on the console table. "Are you trying to say it's my fault they're not finding anything?" She demanded, her bag dumped on the floor in the living room where she stood staring at me in shock.

"I'm just saying... a little cooperation wouldn't go amiss." I chewed on my lip to stop from smirking as she began mumbling to herself, yanking off her coat, throwing it aside along with her satchel and boots.

But, by this point, I too had shrugged out of my coat and boots and satchel and had snuck up behind her.

"Why aren't you freakin' answer-" She didn't get to finish her sentence as I clamped a hand down on her shoulder, my arm snaking around her waist, spinning her round to me. I crushed our mouths together, cutting off her words and subsequently making her moan into my mouth in both surprise and pleasure.

I smiled against her lips, my mission completely accomplished.

The Daughter

My hands reached up between us, his tongue gliding over my teeth as I moaned into the spontaneous kiss.

My hands reached up between our bodies and fumbled with the buttons on Spencer's cardigan.
"Was this..." I pulled back slightly from Spencer's lips to gasp these words. "Your plan... all... along...?" 

He smirked against my lips and nodded as I finished with the buttons and tried to push his cardigan over his shoulders while moaning, 

"Spencer...Reid...who knew... you could be...such a dick?" He laughed into my mouth and I moaned for a third time as I struggled to remove his cardigan.

Therefore he moved his hands from my waist and yanked his arms out of his sleeves, tossing it aside and taking my face in both of his hands, kissing me like he'd never kissed me before and as if this were going to be the last.

In several ways it felt like it was the first kiss all over again; because here we were in Spencer's apartment - now our own - intimately stood wrapped up in each other by the sofa; kissing like we'd never kissed before; kissing like we'd kissed our whole lives; allowing all the pent-up frustration and anxiety and apprehension and attraction flow through our lips into the kiss.

I tugged at his tie, tossing it aside and moving for his shirt buttons.

"Melly..." My name came out as a moan on Spencer's lips and I grinned, kissing him again. "Are you..." He pulled back to mumble before I pressed our lips together again. "Sure about this?" he said against my lips. 

I was getting tired of him asking me that question just before we had sex. But, I was still warmed by the fact he cared enough to ask each time.

Consent. That was a part of sex that not every individual appreciated.

Apart from Spencer.

"Spencer shut up." I moaned against his mouth and he gasped against my lips at my tone, making me smirk into the kiss.

His hands dropped to the bottom of my shirt and snatched at my hips, walking me backwards towards the door

We were both so lost in the kiss that my back collided with the wall unexpectedly and he swore against my lips.

I shook my head and pushed his shirt over his shoulders, his skin raising goose-bumps as the cold air of the apartment hit his bare torso.

I smirked at this fact while he pushed me towards the bedroom door and I shoved the shirt over his arms.

As he freed himself from his shirt I reached behind me and twisted the door-handle; the pair of us subsequently tripping inside the bedroom.

He backed me to the bed and my calves hit against the wood, my breath whooshing out in a curse lost in Spencer's mouth. 

He groaned and pressed his large palms at the small of my back; catching me so I wouldn't fall.

I took his belt into my hands and pulled him down onto the bed with me, the pair of us crawling to the centre of the mattress without so much as parting the kiss once.

He confidently straddled my hips and I smirked as I felt him so soon, his large and awkward hands fumbling with the hem of my shirt.

He groaned as he struggled to undo my buttons and a moment later I heard the material rip as he tore it loose.

"Spencer." I laughed against his lips and he shook his curls, cramming our lips together rougher.
"I'll buy you another." He said gruffly as he tore the shirt from my arms aggressively; clearly growing impatient.

As soon as my torso was laid bare beneath him he kissed from my lips and I knew exactly what was driving his memories so insane. At the mere thought of where he was headed my stomach began to feel weak and my hands automatically reached for his face, caressing his cheeks before sliding into his hair, making him groan against my skin.

He kissed down my chin and down my throat; down my chest and through the valley between my boobs; over my bra and down my muscular torso to my belly button; his large hands holding onto my sides; his nails digging into my skin.

His tongue flicked out at my piercing and I moaned without even meaning to; his lips smirking against my skin; his breath raising goose-flesh across my stomach.

He kissed my belly button and took my piercing between his teeth, tugging on it lightly making me groan a little louder than before. He moaned against my stomach and tugged a little harder as I moaned and dug my nails into his scalp.

"Spencer." I moaned as he kissed my belly-button again, his tongue flicking out at the piercing and cooling the now heated skin around it.

He smirked beautifully again and I groaned as his hands reached from my sides and slid down to my waist, reaching for my belt and loosening it effortlessly; his breath warm on my skin where he hovered.

He pulled my jeans down over my skin and pulled my socks off with the tight denim.

His hands traced up my shins and across my thighs, his eyes watching his long fingers trace my skin; the way his pale contrasted with my tan.

He hovered over my underwear and looked with at me with that devilish smirk of his I'd never really seen before.

"Fucking Hell Spencer." I moaned under my breath and he smiled, crawling onto me again and reaching down to kiss me.

His hands slid under my torso and confidently removed my bra, this time with no help from me.

I was so proud of his confidence, lapped it up in fact as I lay there barely having to move a muscle.

He removed his own trousers and socks and kissed me a little more passionately, his body so strong and hard over mine.

I couldn't remember feeling this way before; feeling so tense and turned on.

There was something magnificently attractive about a turned-on Spencer Reid. He became a different person; a more in-control; sensual; sexy man rather than the shy and apprehensive; awkward guy he was every day.

It was beautiful to see both wonderful sides to him.

His large fingers removed my underwear and he slid out of his own, his breaths grunting against my lips as he slid inside of me so effortlessly.

It was as though we were made to be; we fit so perfectly.

I'd never felt anything as perfect as Spencer.

The Doctor

Something shrill and annoying awoke me when I was nowhere near ready to be awoken.

"Fucking Hell." Melanie groaned again and I smiled at the way she'd moaned that so eloquently against my lips what felt to be only mere moments previous.

I felt her naked breasts brush against my naked chest as she reached across to the nightstand and flicked on the light.

"Melly." I groaned, my fingers catching her naked hips, pulling her away from the nightstand and the light. I rolled us both over so I was laid on top of her and she squealed, her tiny hands hitting out at my naked shoulders.

"Spence the phone is ringing." She said in her thick voice. I smirked against her naked collarbones, knowing that I was the only one who got to hear that voice.
"And?" I mumbled against her naked skin, kissing her collarbone.

"Spence we probably have a case." She said weakly, that thickness still there in her voice.
"And?" I repeated, my teeth nipping on her collarbone.

"Spencer!" She squealed and I smirked, tilting my head up to her face.
"What?" I questioned. "Should I not be doing that?" I asked and she licked her lips, her small hands still gripping my shoulders.

"Not when the phone is ringing no." The phone cut off at that and I smiled.
"I don't hear the phone ringing anymore," I said, turning my face back into her naked chest and kissing her collarbones again. She moaned and turned it into a cough; clearly hoping I wouldn't hear it.

"Oh, I heard that." I mumbled into the crook of her neck and she whimpered, clearly sleepy and still turned-on from before.
"Spencer..." She moaned.
"Mhmm." I mumbled with my lips pressed to her neck. 

"Spencer..." She moaned as my teeth nipped at her skin, my lips tugging and pulling at her skin. "Spence..." She groaned as I began sucking at her neck, my fingers digging into her naked hips as I became away of every centimetre of our naked bodies pressed against each other. 

She groaned and tilted her head properly to the side to allow me more entrance and I groaned against her neck, sucking harder and wondering why the Hell I hadn't done this before.

At the back of my mind, I was aware of the phone ringing again but I didn't care as I grew more and more desperate for Melanie and every part of her.

"Spencer Reid and Melanie Hotchner you pick up this goddamned phone right now!" Garcia's voice shrieked through the answering machine in the living room. Melanie sniggered and I smirked against her neck, kissing the sensitive area I'd been sucking on.

"I swear to big G - who no, isn't me actually - you guys better be sleeping, as in the literal sense, not the metaphorical sense, because if you're ignoring me..." Garcia droned on into the answering machine but neither Melanie nor I cared now.

"There's something about ignoring work to do this." Melanie whispered and I smiled.
"Don't whisper just to hide your sex-voice from me, Princess." I said darkly as I sat up on her hips, straddling her again.

"My what?" She yelped and I smirked.
"There it is." I smirked, my hands tracing over her torso, flicking at her belly-piercing.
"Did you just say my sex-voice?"

"Uh-huh." I smirked, easing into her as she squealed and moaned, her fingers digging into the pillow beneath her head. 

I smiled and leaned down, pushing our lips together, taking her hands from the pillow and wrapping them around my back.

Her nails dug into my naked skin as I dug into her naked body, the pair of grunting and groaning and swearing into each other's mouths until both of our cells, the laptop and the phone all rang simultaneously.

"We can't ignore her anymore." Melanie whimpered against my forehead as I concentrated on not crumbling.
"Just one more minute." I moaned before Melanie squealed and called me out again, her nails ripping my naked back.

I tumbled down onto her chest and showered her in breathless kisses, her hands clawing my naked back and arms before knotting themselves into my hair and yanked my face up to her own, kissing me exhaustedly.

Our technology cut off and I groaned, breaking away from Melanie in a burst of willpower and rolling to the edge of the bed. I reached out for the phone and pressed redial on the last number to call, Melanie's tiny hands dancing across my naked back as I did so.

The Daughter

There was no time to shower or mess about any longer after Spencer cut the call with Garcia. We had another case and we had to be at the BAU like now. 

I drove like a maniac to HQ and we hurried inside the bullpen while everyone sat at the round table briefing themselves with their files and tablets.

"Sorry, we're late. Slept in." I mumbled as Spencer threw himself down at the table and I hurried for the coffee-pot.

Everyone looked at each other with knowing smirks and I prayed for this to be over already.

Garcia quickly briefed us and my dad told us we'd be leaving in ten before everyone dispersed. I was still standing by the coffee-table, hoping that nobody would approach me as I poured Spencer a coffee to take away.

Unfortunately, my hopes were not granted as Prentiss approached me with a little smile.

"Hi." I said gruffly and she nodded, leaning forward and sniffing exaggeratedly. She smiled and nodded her head. "Uhm... Okay...?" I frowned in confusion and she sighed while pulling at my shirt and pointing at my neck saying,

"Yep. Definitely smells like sex."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 6.7K 54
Delaney Leroy starts a new job at the Behavioral Analysis Unit in the FBI. There, she meets her best friend, Spencer Reid. This is a story about fri...
3.3M 86.8K 43
As a senior literature student, Jennie Kim was the girl everyone should know. She is sexy, beautiful, charismatic and almost perfect. Indeed, she was...
170K 4.9K 34
Truth was, it didn't take her admitting that she loved him for him to realize he felt the same. Nor did it take the few months of dating. No, from th...
178K 5.5K 63
To meet your soulmate is to to surrender yourself completely. Bella Snow and Spencer Reid have been in love for years. They have been through everyth...