Golden Girls: A Nigerian High...

By BieAmanda

This is a collection of short romance stories focusing on a group of high school friends.πŸ’œ A oneshot compila... More

Welcome !!!
characters
Prosper and T.G : BE BRAVE
New book alert !!!
Betty AND Joseph :SECRET
Success and Maxwell: FAKE
Aliyah and Tyler : Dance partner
Precious and Malik: Caught
Aliyah and Tyler: BETRAYED
Tyler and Aliyah: Closure
Mary and Sallah: Coward
Betty and Joseph: SECRET ΔͺΔͺ
Betty and Joseph: SECRET III
Zainab and David : SENIOR
Mary and Sallah: SCHOOL DANCE
Success and Maxwell:FIX
Amanda and Seth : BIG FAN
Aliyah and Keith: VOLLEYBALL LOVE
Zainab and David: SENIOR II
Aliyah and Keith:VOLLEYBALL LOVE II
Prosper and TG: DRUNK KISS
Comfort and Damien: MYSTERY GUY
Precious and Malik: Detention
we hit 500!
Aliyah and Keith: VOLLEYBALL LOVE III
ZAINAB AND DAVID :All the stars
hey!
- girls love being dramatic
Precious and malik
Aliyah and Mason: Independent
Amanda and Caleb: DON'T TRIP
Dump me: Precious and Tayo
Betty and Joseph: Mine
Graduation
QnA & voting

Don't call me angel: Amanda and Caleb

57 20 2
By BieAmanda

"I would like an ice coffee and a strawberry shortcake." Amanda absent mindedly orders while still looking at the menu.

"Okay I'll be right back." She hears a husky and deep voice say. She raises her head to see a tall and built male figure walk to the counter of the small coffee store she's seated in.

She shrugs and stares out the wide glass window of the shop.

About five minutes later, she hears a tray being placed on the table.

"Here" she hears the husky voice again.

"Oh tha...." She stops to stare at the really handsome guy standing before her in the coffee store shirt.

He stares at her confused "something on my face, angel?"

"Uh ....oh" she snaps back to reality. "Um no. There's nothing on your face. Just something disturbingly capturing"

"Huh? What is it you said." He shoves his right hand in his right pants pocket.

"Nothing. Don't mind me. You can go back now. Thanks" she quickly gulps down a sip

"Hmm" he smirks and leans on his forearm on the small table " you don't recognize me huh?"

"Recognize you? Sorry do I know you?" She drops her cup on the tray.

"Bye Amanda." He leaves to take an order.

She once again shrugs and dives into her shortcake. After all, she's really popular around.
She reads a book while she eats.

She looks up and finds the handsome waiter straight up staring at her.

He quickly diverts his gaze to the ceiling holding in a smile.

She narrows her eyes at his suspicious behaviour.

"Wierd perverts of these days" she mumbles and takes a bite.

Once she wipes her hands and mouth, handsome waiter appears behind her.
"Boo!" He whispers into her ear.

Amanda jumps in her seat.
He chuckles and moves to stand beside the table.
"The hell!" She exclaims

"Sorry I couldn't let the opportunity pass by" his chest rises and falls in silent chuckle.

"What do you want?" She sighs

"Here's your bill." He slips a note to her

"Okay" she hands him the money and gets up to leave.

"Thanks for coming. Till next time" he waves in her face smiling brightly.

She slaps his waving hand down "you're making me reconsider that statement."

"Don't be mean, angel. That doesn't fit you" he smiles playfully.

She huffs in annoyance " One, don't call me angel. Two, your customer service sucks. Bye" she spins on her heel out of the shop.

***********

Amanda and Mary are heading to the school theatre for literature-in-English class. At the door of the studio someone walking backwards bumps into Amanda knocking down her books that were in her hands.

"Oh no." Amanda immediately checks the state of the books. She sighs in relief. They are still in good condition. She begins to pick her books

The person who hit her bends to also help. "So sorry. I wasn't conscious of my environment"

"No shit" Mary comments.

Amanda recognises the deep husky voice and slowly glances up. " You!" She stands with the books she's picked.

"Oh Angel" he stands and hands her the books with him.

She collects them still staring in bewilderment.
"Remember me?" He smirks

"Yeah guy from the coffee shop at Knox street." Her eyes widen.

"Yes? That's all?" His smile falters.

"Yes. What else?" She gives a questioning look.

He sighs shaking his head and enters the studio.

"Who is he? " Mary pokes her arm

"A waiter at the coffee shop we hang out at" they locate seats

"Never seen him there before" they sit before the teacher comes to class.

"I think he's new. He acts like he knows me" Amanda brings out her notepad and other writing materials.

"For one, he's in our literature class. " Mary stares at the said boy." He is really hot." And nudges Amanda.

"He is but he gives me creepy vibes" Amanda looks unsure

"Girl, the only vibe I'm getting is" she does a seductive smile

"No no no no no. Don't"

"But... Aren't you seeing him like.."

"You have a boyfriend. Stick to him please" Amanda rolls her eyes at her hormonal friend.

Mary folds her arm like a child. "Blind girl"

***********

"Caleb and Tyler tie for best literature student this year." Mrs Anne announces. "Boys, you can do other activities to boost up your scores ok?"

The said boys respond and class goes on.
"So are you gonna talk to him?" Mary asks as the bell rings

"Talk to who?" Amanda packs her bag

"Caleb"

"Who is Caleb?" Amanda pauses

"The guy at the café" Mary responds

"Oh..... How do u know" they begin exiting the class

"Weren't you in class? He answered most questions. He's like Mrs Anne's favourite student"

"I wasn't paying attention. I thought we would have that impromptu test so I was studying previous notes. He does look smart"

"He is. He's tying with Tyler for a reason. Tyler is a genius"

"Really? He's tying with Tyler?" Amanda asks

"What? It was mentioned in class. How can you not--- you know what? Whatever"
Mary storms forward to the direction of the apartment.

"Wait. I'm sorry I wasn't listening" Amanda runs after her

**************

There's a knock on the door of the apartment.

Amanda goes to answer it.

"Hey angel"

"nope" she slams the door but Caleb stops it with his foot.

"Ow" he exclaims and pushes the door open.

Amanda rolls her eyes and turns to walk away.
Caleb grabs her hand "that hurt though"

She doesn't turn to look at him but struggles to get out of his grip. He pushes her to the wall by the door and leans in close to her face. " You're really feisty, angel"

She smirks and looks in the eyes "Huh" she whispers then knees him in the crutch. He bends over in pain.

Amanda steps over him then gives a glance " aren't I?" She smiles to herself and strolls off.

She is met with Victor at the living room "who was at the door?"

"Caleb"
"where is he"

"he's dealing with something at the door right now" with that, she's off to meet the girls.

*****************

"Angel, why do I have a feeling you don't like me very much?" Caleb stops her by the kitchen door "for the past week, I've been hanging out here after school but you always avoid me or treat me mean"

"Treat you mean? Aw, are you hurt? I'm so sorry. You want a cookie to brighten your spirit, boy?" She moves a plate to his line of vision, voice laced with sarcasm and a  fake pout for good measure

"Really? Don't mind if I do" he lifts his hand to grab a cookie

"Not today Caleb" she tries to side step him but he just closes in on her making her lean on the counter to create at least some distance

"Then when because I'm getting pretty hungry if you get my drift" he smirks that knowing smirk

Amanda won't admit it but her breathing quickens. She searches for a killer comeback but finds none so just remains silent

"Am I making you nervous angel" he comes closer which shocks Amanda because there was no space to begin with " never knew angels get nervous. You look cute though"

Precious rushes in to grab a smoothie then sees them at the counter. " Uh am I interrupting something?" She smiles at the couple

"What do you think?" Caleb whispers dangerously close to Amanda's ear

"What did you say" Precious asks

"Nope you didn't interrupt anything. Just wanted to grab a cookie." He takes one then winks at Amanda "see you around angel"

"Don't call me angel" she mumbles still flustered

"What?" He turns around

"I said don't call me angel" she tries her most intimidating glare

"Whatever you say, angel " Caleb smiles and leaves the two girls in the kitchen

"So...." Precious begins

"Shu- don't" Amanda raises a hand to silence her

"But- " Precious holds a pleading stare

"No"

"Urgh fine" she huffs and snatches the plate of cookies

"What- give that back"

"No never" she laughs loudly as she escapes Amanda's presence

Amanda rolls her eyes but smiles as she chases after her.

****

So..
Amanda and Caleb huh!
Should the ship sail or sink?

Tell me in the comments for part two

Bless you 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 2.2K 43
Ruby just started at her new school and trips into a complicated life, involving her best friend's boyfriend, Matthew. And God, did she try to keep a...
130K 21.3K 33
High school is a very critical part of every teenagers life and thus highly important. In high school, you make memories, mistakes, fall in love and...
67.6K 2.7K 37
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.
6.1K 1.6K 43
My words vanished the moment I locked gazes with the girl in question. I looked down at the book in my hand. Fenix Alade was written boldy on the fro...