Outlander

By inkandanalysis

Enter the thrilling world of Rivia Jones, a brilliant surgeon at the height of her career. But her life takes... More

Author's Note
Soulmate
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Author's Note
Sequel

Chapter 8

17.5K 546 61
By inkandanalysis

Plopping down on the bed, exhaling a sigh as I remembered what happened earlier.

He'll surely now find me in every nook and cranny in this world.

Reaching for my phone, pressing the calendar app, April 15th was the date today, sighing as my anxiety once again spiked up.

Jolting as someone knocked on my door, hearing it open, "Via, would you like to come with me?" James asked, lifting my head up, furrowing my eyebrows as I looked at him confusingly, "Where to?" I asked.

"Just come with me." He said as I squinted my eyes, standing up as I fixed my hair and followed him.

"Remind me why I blindly followed you again." I said as we approached a coffee shop.

What's with me and coffee shops these days.

Sighing as I followed him, "Well, I was originally planning to bring you outside. You look like you need some fun." He said, shaking my head and chuckling at what he said, "This will not take hours, I promise. Agent Coulson asked for an agent nearby, and I happened to be one." He added, mumbling the last line as I came to a halt.

My eyes widened hearing what he said, "Via?" He asked, looking at me, shaking my head as I looked at him, "Go on, do your thing. I'll just sit nearby." I said as he nodded his head, opened the door letting me enter first as he followed afterwards.

As my eyes quickly found Coulson, averting my eyes away as I sat on an empty table nearby.

"Sir." James said, sitting in front of him, "I see, you brought someone." He said as our eyes met, "A distant relative." James replied as Coulson nodded his head, they began their conversation as I roamed my eyes around, observing and watching everyone.

"Hurry! Bring a doctor! Quick!" Someone shouted, earning everyone's attention. I quickly stood up and ran towards the noise.

"Please let me through!" I said as everyone parted, a man holding an elderly on the floor, panicked in his eyes.

"Don't panic. I'm a doctor. What happened?" I asked, "Grandma and I were just eating and then she suddenly couldn't move and eventually choked on her food." He replied.

Squinting my eyes, as I immediately knew what it was.

"Parkinson's." I said, I began to assess her body, "She's unconscious. The lack of oxygen in her body is already turning her skin blue. Cyanosis." I mumbled.

"What kind of food did she eat?" I asked, "Croissant." He answered, looking up as I saw James looking at me with wide eyes, "Get me a knife, an alcohol, and a thin tube. Now." I said as he nodded his head and moved.

Wandering my eyes around as I saw gloves, quickly grabbing those and wearing them as James came back, giving what I asked as I sterilized those with alcohol.

"What are you doing?" He asked, "If you stop me now, I won't be able to help your grandmother. I can save her." I replied, shutting his mouth and silence engulfed the room.

"I'll have to pierce a hole in her throat so that she can breathe." I said, lightly pressing my index and middle finger on her throat as I located her trachea.

"Here. I'll begin the incision." I said as I began to pierce her skin, focusing my attention on her carefully not to cut any of her thyroid gland, any blood vessels or nerves.

As blood oozed out, making a 3cm cut, grabbing the transparent tube and carefully inserting it in her throat, securing an airway, and seconds later, she took a breath as I exhaled a breath.

"I need some clean cloth." I said and James immediately grabbed one, giving it to as I say my thanks, pouring the remaining alcohol left in the bottle as I softly wiping the blood and disinfecting the wound in the process.

Hearing the ambulance just arrived, I stood up and made way for them to properly assist her. Exhaling a breath, looking down seeing blood on the gloves, removing and discarding it to the bin.

Is the coffee shop the new operating room?

Smiling at my thought, shaking my head as James approached me together with Coulson, noticing James standing in front of me, raising my eyebrow and tilting my head to the side.

"Looks like someone is going to be famous tonight." James said, teasingly, furrowing my eyebrows as he signaled his head, peeping my head on his shoulders, understanding why he was standing in front of me.

Everyone was taking a picture and video of me, "Shit." I mumbled, rubbing my temples, "What you did back there was amazing." Coulson said, smiling at me.

Smiling back at him, "I did what's best for her." I replied, "I'm Phil Coulson." He said, reaching out his hand, accepting it, "Rivia Jones." I said, introducing myself.

A medic approached me, earning our attention, "Are you the one who performed the tracheostomy?" He asked as I nodded my head.

"She would be dead by now if you didn't do that." He said, "I saw the food that got lodged in her throat. You have to remove that first and change the tube. Disinfect the wounds and she'll be alright." I said as he nodded his head.

"Who are you? Are you a doctor?" He asked, "Surgeon." I simply replied and he left.

"What you did back there was pretty amazing." James said, laughing at him, "Quoting your boss now?" I asked, earning a laugh from him as we walked around the amusement park.

Amusement parks have always been a fascinating place for me. The atmosphere created by all of the visitors is very lively. Music can be heard in the background from live concerts.

All different kinds of smells are in the air, from the overly priced food stores to the quacking ducks swimming in the ponds. Lights flash all over the place from carnival games that seem hopeless of victory.

Later on, James waved at someone, laughing seeing who they were. Fergus and Ian raced towards us as Ian reached me first scoping me and he began to spin around.

Squealing as I tightly hold onto him, after a few seconds, Ian stopped putting me down as my whole world spins, making me dizzy, holding my head as Fergus grasps my arm, James smacks Ian hearing him hiss.

"Dumbass." James said as Fergus continued to hold me steady, closing my eyes, "I'm sorry, Via. I was just excited to see you and be here inside the park." He said, opening and blinking my eyes, shaking my head as everything eventually stopped spinning.

"It's okay." I said, smiling at him as Ian draped his arm on my shoulder, "She said she's okay. Now, let's begin our journey." Ian said, pointing at the first ride he wants, earning a laugh from me.

"Aye, aye, captain." I replied, "I can't hear you." He said as I tiptoed and leaned towards his ear, "AYE, AYE, CAPTAIN!" I shouted as he jolted away, holding his ear and hissing in pain.

Fergus and James bursted in laughter as I soon joined them with Ian giving me a playful glare, "Come here." He said as my eyes widened and ran behind James.

Patting Ian's back as he was vomiting, "I didn't know you're such a weakling." I said, teasingly as he looked up at me, giving him a handkerchief as he accepted it and wiped his mouth.

Helping him sit on the bench, Fergus and James arrived as Fergus handed the bottle of water to Ian, accepting it and drinking, James gave me a corndog and a smoothie, saying my thanks as he sat beside me.

"Who's the tough one now?" Fergus asked, chuckling at them as Ian threw the empty bottle to him, munching the food as I roamed my eyes around.

Suddenly feeling chills and goosebumps all over my body, wandering my eyes around, "Via, what's wrong?" James asked, earning the attention of the other two.

"I suddenly felt chills and goosebumps like someone was watching me." I replied as the three of them instantly became alert and cautious.

James looked at them, nodding his head as Fergus and Ian nodded their heads back, "Act like you felt nothing." He said as I nodded my head and continued to eat my food.

"We have to go now." He added as James and I stood up, Fergus helped Ian stand up and we began to walk around.

"I've been feeling like someone is watching me for the past few days." I mumbled, only loud enough to let the three of them hear, "Why didn't you say it to us?" Fergus asked, "I'm not even sure if there's really someone watching me." I replied, "Now you do." Ian said as Fergus let him go and Ian stood up straight.

Noticing a man intently looking at us, "Yeah. I'm sure now." I said, "Two o'clock." I simply said as they discreetly looked over.

Fergus and Ian laughed, "He's so obvious." Fergus said, "Amateur." Ian commented, "Continue to act like we know nothing, we'll corner and interrogate him." James said, seeing Fergus and Ian smirked, excitement and mischief in their eyes.

Giggling at them as we walked around, the man continued to follow us as we played some more games, rode some rides, and won more prizes.

Holding the giant teddy bear that Fergus won from the shooting game, it's so fluffy and soft that I can't help not to hug it.

"How about asking that man now?" James said as Fergus and Ian rapidly nodded their heads, "I'm coming." I said, earning disapproval looks from them, "No." they answered in unison.

"I'm coming and it's final." I said, raising my eyebrow, James sighed and looked at me, "Fine, but if the moment the situation comes south, you'll teleport right away." He said as I nodded my head.

As if, I'll do that and leave any of you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 6.5K 36
Get ready to experience the adrenaline-fueled double life of Elisha Mikazuki Greil, the owner of a quaint coffee shop by day and a notorious undergro...
141K 3.4K 22
When a sick 20 travels to New York from Britain with her best friend trying to find there Soul mate's before her time is up they run into the Avenger...
73K 2K 14
You and your best friend Mari find yourselves stuck in what looks like an alternative universe, the mcu seems to be taking place around you, and whil...
15.1K 642 17
Steve Rogers thought he was one of the lucky ones but Natasha Romanoff, well, she thought that she was terribly misfortunate and she would love to ki...