Shattered (A Jack Johnson Fan...

By _saraxoxo7

17 year old Hailey Adams just moved from her home in New York to a small town in the middle of Nebraska calle... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Quick A/N
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 3

3.8K 112 40
By _saraxoxo7

not the best picture of johnson but:))

Hailey's P.O.V:

Beep. Beep. Beep. I groaned and shut my alarm off forcefully. The bright red letters on the clock read 5:15 am. I slowly got out of bed and turned on the shower, waiting for it to get warm. I hopped in once it was the right temperature and quickly washed myself and my hair. Then, I got dressed into a cute white lacy short sleeved shirt, jean shorts and white sandals, then straightened my hair. I added some foundation and mascara, then headed downstairs.

I poured myself a bowl of Wheat Chex, sitting at the kitchen table to eat it. A few minutes later, my mom came downstairs, trying a fuzzy purple robe around her.

"Good morning, Mom." I chirped as I ate a spoonful of cereal.

"Hi, honey. You look very pretty." She answered.

I smiled.

"Thanks."

My mom started to make some coffee and while she waited for it to brew, she looked at me with her elbows on the counter.

"Are you nervous?"

I shrugged.

"I don't know."

"Well, I'm sure everyone will love you, and you'll make plenty of new friends." She said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Plenty? Please Mom, my only friend back home was Skylar, and she wasn't even that much of a friend."

My mom poured some milk into her coffee and took a sip.

"I'm just trying to be helpful here, Hail."

I finished my cereal and put my bowl in the sink.

"Ready?" My mom asked.

I nodded, and I grabbed my backpack as we headed out.

*

My mom pulled into the parking lot of Westside High School. The whole school had big glass windows and doors, and a huge football field, bigger than my old school. My mom stopped the car at the student drop off area. She turned to me.

"Just breathe, Hailey. You'll be fine."

I smiled and hugged her.

"Thanks Mom."

"No problem, sweetie."

I opened the car door and got out, waving to my mom as she drove away.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder. I took a deep breath, walking into the school.

*

I stared down at my schedule. Locker 2856. First class is English. Lunch is the main cafeteria. I tried to find my locker and finally reached it on the second floor. I fiddled with the dial and opened it, putting all my binders for my first four classes into my bright blue Jansport backpack. I shut my locker and started walking down the hall towards 332, my English room.

As I walked, I felt everyone's eyes on me.

"Hey, is she new?" I heard a girl with a crop top and short shorts say to her friend.

"I guess." The friend answered.

Then, the two girls laughed and walked past me.

"Hey, newbie!" I heard a familiar voice call.

I turned and saw the Sammy Wilkinson kid standing with three other boys a couple paces away from me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Did you like the brownies?" He yelled.

"What are you, five?" I asked.

Sammy laughed and so did his friends.

I studied the other boys closely.

One of them was tan with dark, black-brown hair and an incredible jawline. He was a wearing a gray tank top which showed off all the muscular parts of his arms and shoulders. The next boy I laid eyes on had light brown hair and was wearing a short sleeved shirt. I noticed that he had a few tattoos on his arms. His teeth were slightly crooked and I saw he had a shiny silver filling in the back of my mouth. The last one had curly blond hair and a very large chin, which made him look kind of funny.

I rolled my eyes again and walked into the classroom.

"Hey, hey, hey, wait up!" Muscular Jawline Boy said.

I groaned.

"Don't tell me you're in this class too."

"Well, we are!" Sammy answered.

I sat down at a seat in the back, and to my discontent, the boys followed me.

Muscular Jawline Boy stared at me.

"I haven't seen you around, are you new?"

"Obviously." I snapped.

"Wow, you're a sassy one, aren't you?" He said and I didn't answer him.

"Well, I'm Jack Gilinsky." He started up again. Then he pointed to Tattoo Boy. "That's Nate Maloley." Then, Jack slapped Big Chin's shoulder. "And this here's Big Mike."

I stifled a laugh.

"I can see why you call him big."

"HEY!" Jack shouted, making me jump a little. "NOBODY messes with Big Mike."

"Uh Jack?" Sammy said. Jack turned to look at him.

"I think she just did."

"Shut up, Sam!" Jack said to him.

Sammy was quiet then.

I got out the stuff I needed for this class and tried to ignore the guys.

"So why did you move here, anyways? Omaha is a dump." Jack asked me.

I shrugged, trying to play it cool.

"My parents got divorced, so I moved with my mom." I answered.

I turned to them.

"So why are you guys talking to me? I'm some loser new girl who doesn't have any friends." I said.

Before Jack could answer, the final bell rang and class was starting.

The teacher walked in and I looked at her.

She had on a long nevy blue maxi skirt with a shirt that didn't match and bright purple eye shadow. with glasses.

"Hello, everyone. I'm your new English teacher, Mrs. MacAdams." Ugh. Even her voice is boring.

As she began to drone into the rules and regulations and what we'll be learning, someone scuttled into the class.

Mrs. MacAdams stopped talking and tuned to look at the boy who tried to sneak past her and sit down in a back desk by the window.

"Mr....Johnson is it?" She said to the kid.

I turned to look it him.

He had light blond hair and black rimmed glasses. He was wearing a T-shirt with a black sweatshirt over it. He was breathing heavily, like he's ran here.

"Johnson!!' Jack called across the room to him.

"You're goddamn late, dumbass!"

The blond kid turned and quickly looked away.

"Excuse me, Mr. Gilinsky, watch your language." Mrs. MacAdams scolded.

Jack laughed.

"Why were you late, Mr. Johnson?" My teacher asked.

"I-I-I'm sorry, i couldn't find the classroom. I'm sorry, it won't happen again." He answered.

"What are we in Johnson, 8th grade. God, he's such a dumbass." Jack mumbled under his breath.

I glared at him, but he didn't see me.

The teacher said nothing more to that Johnson dude and continued with her lecture again.

*

Half the day passed and then it was 5th period, otherwise known as my lunch period.

I switched my binders out and then headed down to the main cafeteria.

I walked in and looked around. Everyone was already sitting with their friends, and almost every table was filled. I cotinued to circle around, and saw a couple tables in the back weren't taken. I sat at a small round one in the corner and took out my lunch, packed by me.

I started to eat and noticed that that Johnson kid was in this period. He was sitting at a small table...alone, like me. His nose was buried in a HUGE book, his lunch tray in front of him.

I looked at him for a moment, then back down at my lunch.

A couple moments later, I heard someone come up behind me.

"What are you eating?" The familiar raspy voice whispered into my ear. I jumped and turned around. Jack Gilinsky was standing behind me with his group.

"Um..a sandwich." I answered monotonously.

Jack laughed.

"Funny. Hey well, me and my buddies were gonna go sneak out back and light up. Wanna join?" He asked.

I knew that meant they were going to smoke...whatever they smoked.

I shook my head bluntly.

"No."

I stared at them for a few seconds. Some girl named Mazie saw the boys talking to me today in English and told me later after the period ended that they were just using me, and that they did the same thing to her when she moved here a year ago. And even though they were the most popular boys of the grade, not to trust them.

"Don't get your panties in a twist when I say this, but I don't want to be that one girl that becomes part of your group that you all take turns doing. You're obviously just using me for drugs and sex, and I'm sorry, but I can't provide you with those things. And if you deny that this is true I still sure as hell don's want to be any of your friends. So please leave me alone." I said bravely.

Suddenly, Jack's facial expression changed. His mouth turned down into a hard line, and his eyes turned cloudy and angry looking.

"What did you just say to me?" He whispered.

"I said leave me alone. Need me to say it one more time?" I said.

Jack glared at me.

"You're gonna regret this." He hissed as he pulled his friends away with him.

I took another bite of my sanwich, satisfied with myself. I glanced at Johnson, and to my surprise, I saw he was already staring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 165 25
When 19 year old Tosca Skye meets he four nineteen year olds Nate Maloley, Sammy Wilkinson, Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson her whole world changes. S...
123K 1.8K 36
17 year old Shylah Thompson is a senior at Westside High In Omaha Nebraska.She runs into some problems this year with Jack Gilinsky, Sam Wilkinson, J...
211 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
1.5K 13 41
Kennedy was her name. She moved to Omaha Nebraska when her dad passed. She was lost. Alone. Afraid. Afraid? Yes she was afraid to love because she wa...