Star-Crossed Enemies ✔️

Od Freeze_you_out

Book 3 of the Star-Crossed Series. You have to at least read the first book of the Star-Crossed Series to rea... Více

Book Trailer
Characters
Author's Note
Epigrah
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 - King Dante
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue
Other Books

Chapter 7

8 3 0
Od Freeze_you_out

Hayley's POV

Julius didn't take long to come back, this time with shorts on.

He proceeded by making some kind of paste that he then spread on the bullet wound on my leg. According to him it's an herbal remedy supposed to stop infecting from happening.

For the next three days we didn't speak much besides the necessary. In a way I found myself repeating our argument in my head over and over again, and asking myself asking questions I never made before. Questions who perhaps were always there, tucked in, in the back of my head, but I never gave them much thought, until now that is. And I hated that. I hated that I was asking this questions. I hated that I was rethinking everything that I knew, that I have been taught. Because as much as I hated to admit it, Julius had made some good points. The human race wasn't perfect, it had it's good and bad people, but...what if it was the same with werewolves. What if some of them are good and we just assume that all are bad? Aren't we being prejudiced towards the species? No....I shake my head trying to clear these thoughts from my head. Werewolves are bad. Always have been and always will be. There is no changing that. I have had more than enough proof about that, my own brother Ollie, 23 and dead already. Killed by a werewolf. Mauled in such a way we had to have his casket closed during the funeral. Father insisted on it, so not to traumatize my mother. My now dead mother. Not werewolves fault surprisingly, a bottle full of pills did the job for them. She took my brother's death very hard.

"Do you even know where you are going?" I ask Julius already fed up with walking randomly for days, no destination in sight.

"I have a good idea." he responds not pausing his rhythm.

"Yeah, because that is so reassuring..."I murmur to myself.

It was getting dark already so we needed to make camp soon. The nights were getting colder every night we spend outside. I have no idea how Julius handles walking without a shirt on during the day and night and not freeze to death, even at night when we fall asleep, he is like a furnace. I'm pretty sure I would have hypothermia by now if it wasn't for him. Sometimes those werewolves' genes of his came in quite handy.

Out of nowhere Julius pauses and sniffs the air. Surprisingly I stopped finding that weird. Although he always reminded me of a dog when he did that. Usually it's nothing but today he tensed up.

"What is it?" I ask him, noticing his tense posture.

"I smell food." he says

"You mean like a dear or..." I guess I can never know with his kind. God knows what they consider food.

"Cooked food." he rectifies "And I hear the sound of people talking"

"Hunters?" I ask interested

"No... I don't think so. They sound old...older at least." he specifies "There must be a house nearby."

"That's great! We can ask for shelter and finally eat a decent meal." I say starting to walk in the direction he was sniffing at. "Forest floor has not been kind to my back."

He stops me by grabbing me arm.

"We can't go there. We'll be putting them in danger by just showing up. We could attract the hunters right to their front door." he says serious

I roll my eyes at him.

"Hunters hunt werewolves, not humans. They are not going to harm them. Besides...they might have a phone. Don't you want to call somebody, have them pick you up?"

"Us. Pick US up." he corrects me

"Yeah, I don't think so. After this little crusade of ours, I am jumping ship. You go your way and I go my way." I tell him shaking my arm of his hold, and resuming my walk.

"Keep thinking that goldilocks." he says following me

I spin around to face him.

"What up with that name! Stop calling me that!" I tell him annoyed by the stupid nickname.

"Why not? I think it suits you. And I quite like how annoyed you get when I use it." he says smirking "Consider it a term of endearment."

"I will not. Stop using it or the next time you call me that, I will punch your mouth so hard, your bloody teeth will come off." she threatens "Won't be so pretty then, will you?"

"Ohhhh, you think I'm pretty?" he asks, a hand on his chest.

"That's not what I meant." I say feeling fucking frustrated just by this conversation. "You're fucking hideous!" I lie. Of course I lie. It's annoying how good looking he is, better yet, it's annoying how I find myself attracted to him.

"That's okay honey, I think you're fucking gorgeous enough for the two of us." he responds, surprising me.

Don't blush. Don't blush. Don't blush.

Thank God it's night or else I might have been more embarrassed than I already felt. It's stupid how my body reacts to him. Why does my body continue to defy me and behave like a stupid school girl with a crush, that blushes when your crush tells you, you're beautiful? Better yet...fucking gorgeous. Stupid heart. Stupid brain. Stupid Julius.

"I see I left you speechless." Julius says when I stay silent for too long "Guess I'll have to remember to compliment you more often. Shouldn't be too hard." he says with a smirk and then he picks up my hand and pulls me forward to where a house suddenly starts coming to sight.

"You think they will let us in?" I ask him, my hand still in his. It felt...good to hold hands with someone. I can't remember the last time I did that.

"Just follow my lead." he says not saying anything else. He approaches the front door, there is no doorbell in sight so he raises his right hand and knocks three times.

It takes a minute until we hear footsteps approaching the door. The door opens and an old man, maybe in its 70's appears in front of us.

"Can I help you?" he asks with a hard look on his face.

"Yes, please. My name is Julius, this is Hayley, we got into an accident and we don't have a phone with us to call for help, would you be so kind as to lend us your phone, just so we can call our families and let them know we are still alive and not dead in a ditch somewhere, please?" he asks with a concern and charming smile in his face.

"What happened to your shirt?" the old man asks instead, suspicious of the couple in front of him.

"Hayley got injured so I ripped it to bandage her leg." He responds easily.

The old man looks at me suspicious, his gaze lingering on my leg, where a piece of bandage was still able to be seen.

"You're injured girl?" he asks rudely

"Yes, sir. We really don't want to impose, but the night is getting colder and I fear that we might get hypothermia if we don't find shelter." I answer doing my best to seem sweet and innocent and afraid of the cold.

"Are you two married?" he suddenly asks

"Huh?" Julius can't help but make than sound and I'm sure the confused is written all over my face as well.

"Because we don't take no couples living in sin. You want to be whores you do it in your own homes, not in mine!" he exclaims making himself clear "So, are you? Married?"

"Yes." He both answer at the same time. Julius wraps his right arm around my shoulders and I wrap my arms around his waist, coddling into him.

"We were actually on our honeymoon" Julius adds kissing my forehead. "It was her dream to spend the honeymoon in the country, far away from civilization. I guess it's not going exactly as planned, but what a story to tell the kids, am I right?" he says chuckling

I chuckle along with him, hoping that the stupid old man would buy our act and just let us fucking in.

He stays quiet for a few seconds accessing us and then he chuckles himself.

"I got a few stories I could tell you with my misses" he says chuckling "Ahhh... those were the days." He says chuckling "Come on in son, you both must be freezing." He says opening the door for us.

We walk in with a sigh of relief. He takes us to his living room where he had a lit fireplace. I could feel the warmth of the fire soaking into my bones. Oh this is heaven...

Julius joins me by the fire, I guess he does feel the cold.

"There you go" the old man says approaching us with two steaming cups of what I could tell were tea. "This should warm you up real fast." He says passing us a cup each.

"Thanks you, sir." Julius responds I nod my head in thanks but I am too busy sipping the warm tea and heating up my insides.

"No need to call me sir, son. Call me Walter, my Annie is in the kitchen wiping up something for us to eat for dinner. I'm sure you must be starving."

My stomach decides to rumble at that right exact moment. I blush embarrassed, but in my defence I haven't had a decent meal for quite a while. Walter chuckles and Julius pulls me close to him chuckling and kisses my forehead tenderly.

"We'll have you fed in a moment, my love." He says tenderly.

"Come. Come." Walter says "I think I have a shirt I can give you son, so you won't freeze to death in your sleep. And I'm sure your misses would like to freshen up a little before dinner." He says taking us upstairs to what I assume is the main bedroom. "Miss, you can go in there." He says pointing to what I assume is his bathroom, then he opens a drawer and removes a flannel shirt. "There you go son. Might be a little big, but it's something at least."

"It's great. Thank you." He responds taking the shirt from him. "Do you happen to have a phone we can use?"

"Yes, yes...the reception is not very good, I'll tell you, but it's a clear night, no storm, you might be able to get it through "he says knowingly. "You can use the landline, right here." He says pointing to an old telephone on his nightstand.

Does that thing even still work? I find myself thinking. That phone got to be really old. An antique by now, for sure.

"Thank you Walter. We won't be long for dinner."

"I'll let you two be." He says leaving the room and finally allowing us some privacy.

We both approach the telephone, a little hesitant.

"Do you think it works?" I ask him doubtful

"Only one way to find out..." he says with a shrug of shoulders

He picks up the phone and dials a number. It rings for a few times until it finally connects.

"Identify yourself." It's the first thing the person on the other side says.

"This is Julius Hughes, Beta of the Montague Pack. Alpha Romeo Montague. Requesting extraction detail at this location after an ambush."

"Understood, Beta Hughes. We are glad to hear from you." The person on the other side states "What's your status?"

"Currently transporting one of the Montague's prisoners and being chased by an elite team through the woods in unmarked territory." He states serious "I repeat, there is an elite hunter team hunting us both, situation is dangerous and must be processed with high caution."

"Understood. We'll be there by morning, stay safe Beta Hughes."

Then the calls goes down.

Now we'll just have to wait.

Another chapter finished! Hayley and Julius being all fake married is so funny. More to come of our married couple in the next chapter!

Don't forget!

VOTE ⭐

COMMENT ✍️

SHARE 💌

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1M 9.2K 7
Completed..... (This book is now moved from Wattpad to Novelcat. Only sample chapters are available here.) #Won 3rd prize in Werewolf contest held by...
7.2K 703 42
Book 2 of the Star-Crossed Series You have to read the first book "Star-Crossed Alphas" to read this one. ||COMPLETED|| Nadia Renald is a girl that k...
5.1M 134K 37
Alpha Cross of the Macabre Pack was a ruthless killer. He was known for leaving pack after pack in a bloodbath with not a single survivor in sight. A...