Books Got Talent 2021

Par BooksGotTalent

Closed! #1 cover #1 entries #1 winners #1 prizes #1 genres #1 participants #1 judges #1 awards 2021 #1 reco... Plus

Books Got Talent 2021
༈ Rules
༈ Prizes
༈ Rubrics
༈ Queries
༈ Forms (closed)
ೃ⁀➷ CHICKLIT
ೃ⁀➷ NEW ADULT / ROMANCE
ೃ⁀➷ ACTION / ADVENTURE
ೃ⁀➷ MYSTERY / THRILLER
ೃ⁀➷ POETRY
ೃ⁀➷ GENERAL FICTION
ೃ⁀➷ FANTASY
ೃ⁀➷ SHORT STORY
ೃ⁀➷ HUMOR
ೃ⁀➷ GRAPHICS
ೃ⁀➷ LGBTQ+
ೃ⁀➷ RANDOM
ೃ⁀➷ YOUNG ADULT / TEEN FICTION
ೃ⁀➷ HORROR / PARANORMAL
ೃ⁀➷ SCIENCE FICTION
ೃ⁀➷ WEREWOLF / VAMPIRE
ೃ⁀➷ FANFICTION
SHORTLIST: BEST COVER
SHORTLIST: BEST TITLE
SHORTLIST: BEST BLURB
➤ ➤ ➤ ACTION / ADVENTURE
➤ ➤ ➤ YOUNG ADULT / TEEN FICTION
➤ ➤ ➤ FANTASY
➤ ➤ ➤ HUMOR
➤ ➤ ➤ WEREWOLF / VAMPIRE
➤ ➤ ➤ HORROR / PARANORMAL
➤ ➤ ➤ CHICKLIT
➤ ➤ ➤ FANFICTION
➤ ➤ ➤ GRAPHICS
➤➤➤ MYSTERY / THRILLER
➤ ➤ ➤ NEW ADULT / ROMANCE
➤➤➤ RANDOM
➤ ➤ ➤ SHORT STORY
➤ ➤ ➤ SCIENCE FICTION
➤ ➤ ➤ GENERAL FICTION
➤ ➤ ➤ LGBTQ+
SPECIAL WINNERS
Books Got Talent 2021

➤ ➤ ➤ POETRY

134 16 33
Par BooksGotTalent

As in a Bard's Dream
conquestofthesomnium

75 / 80

Looking firstly at aspects of your book that work to draw the reader in, your cover, title, and "summary" all match together nicely while also conveying the general style of your poems and what readers should expect. In terms of your poems, they all mostly match a similar theme in different, interesting ways, and your word choice is stellar, adding to the overall appeal of your poems. One thing that, however, can be improved upon, is to make certain poems clearer. Of course, I don't mean by changing the word choice, your writing style, or anything of the like, but trying to focus more on how the conclusion -- in most cases anyhow -- relates to the other points you write in your poems. Poems are meant to make the reader think but also eventually realize their meaning. However, this isn't too big of an issue in your poems – it wasn't as if nothing makes sense or it is hard to read.

Overall, they are truly enjoyable and very original. In terms of grammar and punctuation, some places in your poems need to be punctuated, but I couldn't tell if this was intentional or not since the grammar everywhere else is overly on-point – though there were a few hiccups here and there with the tenses. In the end, your writing style is poetic in a way that matches the book's theme very effectively even if it was confusing at times, and you use literary devices effectively to contribute to your poems. Imagery is present in some poems, though maybe it can be present more, it overall works to build to some alluding themes. In the end, great job and keep on writing!

Sensitive as Raindrops
yashu07

69 / 80

Overall, the first-impression aspects of your poetry book are interesting, different, original, and work to draw the readers in. Next, concerning your poems, you use some literary devices such as rhyming and alliteration. Your poems use cute rhythm and in most cases, simple rhymes, which works to have the poems appeal to a larger audience while also carrying significant meanings. However, some of your lines had formatting issues or were worded incorrectly, which affected the flow of your poems. For instance, the line, "now that floats" in line number 5, should be "that now floats." Some stanzas had this more, others didn't, but overall, it isn't too serious and is usually an easy fix after a few rounds of editing.

Next, in terms of grammar and punctuation, there were some mishaps here and there such as with the tenses, and in lots of places, you replaced "you" with "u" and "are" with "r." This didn't seem intentional, since, in other places, those mistakes were not made.

Word of the Day
Nariishere

76 / 80

Overall, looking at aspects of your book that were first-impression-based, such as the title and cover, both convey the themes of your poetry book and are original. However, some of the fonts in your cover could be bigger or clearer – not a major issue, and this didn't really affect your scorecard negatively, just wanted to point that out.

Next, moving on to the more important part: your poems. Altogether, they were all enjoyable, the idea you used for your poetry book was original, and what really worked nicely and I absolutely loved, for most of your poems, was their conclusions. Not only did the poems usually build nicely, but they also had a resounding ending. What also worked nicely was your writing style: how you wrote about the word or themes chosen, often twisting the meaning to encompass other facets. In terms of literary devices, you had rhythm in certain stanzas and the extended metaphors used in certain poems worked effectively. Though at times, it seemed as if you were covering a lot of topics at once in the same poem.

Insipid
ink_n_pencil

76 / 80

Overall, what worked really in your favor was your creative use of imagery which was built upon, or mainly because of your creative word choice. Concerning the literary devices, while there wasn't too much rhythm in most of the poems, there was extended use of anaphora in a lot of them, and some poems alluded to a greater significant meaning. Your use of repetition also worked nicely. Many of your poems were very beautiful, some carrying a deeper meaning, and while they all centered mostly around one point -- keeping in line with your book's title -- they all connected to it differently.

The tones of your poem all matched the theme even further, most staying to thoughtful and somber themes, and as a reader, left me thinking. Your writing style was understandable, yet beautiful with a touch of imagery and specific word choice, adding to the overall appeal of the poems, and in many cases, you "said more with less" and at times, only alluded to the main idea of the poem which built to create greater interest in the poem itself.

Just Beautiful
Slothwritter

69 / 80

Hey there! Overall, your poems were funny, short, sweet, and on the simple side. Your poems stuck to the quicker type of rhyming system which, added to the overall mood of your poems – which worked nicely to put a smile on your readers' faces while also delivering a greater, more meaningful idea. However, some parts of the sentences or stanzas were confusing, since you worded them in a way mainly to keep the rhythm in the end. For instance, lines "but we should not let ourselves from achieving our goals delay!" in poem 2 and "maybe today is full of sorrow" in poem 2 both read confusing. Instead, you could do "achieve your goals: we should let ourselves delay!" and "maybe today is full of sorrow." This way, you keep the rhythm but also have the lines make full sense.

My Poetry
HorsesandDragons

69.5/80

I would say, poetry is meant to express your feelings through it, and you did that very well in your collection. Your grammar was amazing. Would like to point out that you must include 'IMAGERIES' that would make them really better, I could only get some in your collection. In the second part of your piece, titled 'Rose', the ending was really amazing. Adding a bit more literary devices would make it perfect. Also, you could have thought of a nice title for your collection along with a better cover. You are an amazing writer. My favourite was the part named "Assassin". Overall beautifully penned down, the rhythm was good and the emotions were very touching. Good Work, All the Best for the future!

Rêveuse
divinedices

65 / 80

The first thing to point out, in the second part, you have written, 'Lock me in' it should be 'Lock myself in'. But there are some improvements required. I mean, you lost your flow in some places. You had literary devices in your collection, but using more will make them better. Also, I noticed you did use the imagery in your piece, and that was so very well used. Would advise having a better cover. My favourite was the part titled  'Disappear' Your feelings were amazing and beautifully expressed. The rhythm was good and the emotions were very touching. Good Work, All the Best for the future.

Shattered Soul
Stars1_Night

57/80

The first thing to point out, in the starting, you just had a 4 lined piece, that does not really count as poetry. You need a lot more improvements in your writing. Your collection lacked literary devices as well as imagery. Your cover was not up to the mark; you should choose a cover that matches your title. It went abruptly in some places like it's not rhyming well. I would say that you should add poetic devices like metaphors and similes, which will really make your pieces better. Also, I felt that you did try your best, but could not really make it out. Overall I would just say IMPROVE YOURSELF! All the best for the Future.

Black Dawn
bored_mama

67.5/80

The first thing to point out is the length of each piece. Things were going so well, but then suddenly it ended, why not just improve on your length of poetry. I loved your cover as well as the title. You used literary devices, but due to the length of it, you could not use much. I could even notice imageries, which were beautifully used. The feelings were amazing, but you know, poetry turns out to be amazing when it has poetic devices in it. Would suggest improving the writing styles, in the sense, adding more lines and phrases to your piece. Overall it was a good read, and  I look forward to improving on the mistakes I pointed out. Good Work, Keep Writing. ALL THE VERY BEST FOR THE FUTURE!

My Thoughts
Aarya_25

72/80

Gurl, You nailed it! That's the thing I have to say after reading. I would say, your feelings could be seen in your piece. You had a good number of poetic devices, and the metaphors, the similes were so very well used. The length was good, the flow was amazing, I was genuinely enjoying it. Like, I feel you expressed each topic very well through the poetry. It was worth reading. I really loved the BLURB and the way you used HINGLISH in your collection. Overall I would say, beautifully written down,  the rhythm was good and the emotions were very touching. Good Work, All the Best for the future. You are of my favourites gurl! Amazing work.

My Book of Poetic Words
dilenu

64 / 80

'My book of Poetic words,' has potential, but it lacks originality, and more importantly, imagery to attract readers. The inspiration behind the book is touching, but the book itself is not as interesting as it could be. The chapters were a little confusing, but with some work, 'My book of Poetic Words,' could become a great piece.

Bosom Pals: A collection of poems
hermiosa_reina

77/ 80

Bosom pals was well-written, enjoyable, and refreshingly original. Each chapter had solid imagery, wonderful rhymes, and creativity that was maintained throughout. With a more alluring cover and lengthier description, this work would be sure to attract more readers.

Paracosm - delusional nightmares
paracosmic_being

69 / 80

'Paracosm-Delusional Nightmares,' was a very creative piece and a good first-try. Some parts are very essay-like and most just seem like stories with short paragraphs. There is much originality, but it lacks some appeal.

Centered with Bliss
omar-gxd

68 / 80

'Centred with bliss,' was a very compelling book. In each poem, the poet vividly described his genuine admiration for his loved one, but there was much repetition throughout. The first five chapters were great, but after reading ten chapters of the book, I realized that the story was going at too slow a pace, and was not as engaging as I would've hoped.

Voyage
kayla435981

57 / 80

'Voyage' was a very heartfelt poem, and seemed to be a very genuine expression of the poet's emotions, but it was disorganized and seemed to be filled with pages of random thoughts and ideas that were confusing to read. 'Voyage,' was a bit lackluster, but it was a good first try for the poet, and their work could be much better with practice.

October Leaves
binge-writing

80/80

"October Leaves" is an outstanding poetry collection! I was in awe of the whole thing! Your writing craft and style were well done! Very elysian! I love the rhyme in your poems! Plus, I noticed that you use iambic pentameters, rictameters, and more in your poetry! It's been a very long time since I've seen a Wattpad writer (not Shakespeare) use those types of poetic craft. You've certainly done your research and experimentation! All in all, this collection was splendid to read and keep on writing! I'm looking forward to reading your future work!

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue
@DontBeAngry

DISQUALIFIED

Reason: User not found

Shortlisted Strangled Thoughts
nj_amara

71/80

"Shortlisted Strangled Thoughts" is an amazing and enjoyable poetry collection! Your titles, cover, and grammar were well-done! Your writing style and literary devices are great too! However, one thing I'll like to note is your imagery, literary devices, and writing style. Ideally, it would be nice to use more poetic devices such as rhyme, comparisons, alliteration, allusions, figurative language, five senses, etc. I know that poetic freedom can be a little daunting, but don't be afraid to experiment with poetic craft and different writing styles. All in all, though, this was a wonderful read and I can't wait to read your future work!

Poems - From One Heart to Another
zilch_expectations

76/80

This is a lovely poetry collection! All of it is well done! I love the writing style, literary devices, and imagery used in your poetry! Your poetry touched my mind and heart! However, don't be afraid to experiment with poetic craft though. Your grammar is also wonderful! I spotted a few mistakes here and there, but nothing too serious. One thing I like to note on though is your cover. It is beautiful, but I found the subtext (ex. "From One Heart to Another") is a little hard to see. It blended in too much with the background. Please consider changing it to make it pop out a little more. All in all, though, I enjoyed this collection and I can't wait to read your future work!

Running Through That Wild Forest
ELLIOMAYA

59/80

"Running Through That Wild Forest" is a great poetry collection! Your titles, literary devices, writing style, and grammar are wonderful! However, while your cover background is beautiful, it's also missing text like the title of the collection. Therefore, the cover isn't complete, so it's not a cover yet. Furthermore, I've noticed your style is very direct. While this isn't a bad thing, it would be more ideal and heartfelt if you wrote your poetry more abstractly. Also, while you do use literary devices and imagery, try to use more and explore the poetic craft of it. A big part of poetry is how the poet uses poetic devices, creativity, and emotion to draw their point across. All in all, though, I enjoyed this poetry collection and I look forward to your future work! Keep on writing!

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

FIRST POSITION
October Leaves by binge-writing

SECOND POSITION
Bosom Pals - A Collection of Poems by hermiosa_reina

THIRD POSITION
Insipid by ink_n_pencil
Word of the Day by Nariishere
Poems from One Heart to Another by zilch_expectations

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
JUDGES // cosmicc_latte LinguisticsAddict lovelypeople5 Rare__Raven

Signify here if you want your scores ➤

Signify here if you want to file a case ➤

Signify here for complaints / compliments ➤

PRIZES WILL BE COMMUNICATED WHEN ALL GENRE RESULTS ARE RELEASED.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

203K 10.2K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
161K 3.7K 62
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
457 72 37
Nadia and Zaid start off on the wrong foot, but things get complicated when they realize they're actually family friends. Zaid falls for Nadia, but h...
1K 414 15
Melancholy is strong, but my art is stronger. 🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿 ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• Melancholy in my tears, as they flew through...