My Wildest Dreams

By fhsgctcusbf

Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were a... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter 8

4.8K 100 29
By fhsgctcusbf

Continued from chapter 7

Hey I'm so sorry. I got stuck in traff-" And the man stops. I turn to look at him and I'm stunned with what I see.

Standing in front of me is the man I fell in love with 5 years ago and hadn't had contact since.

I'm pretty sure he knows it's me since he has the same facial expression. We continue to stare at one another until I decide to break the silence.

"Josh?" I asked. I still can't believe it's him.

"Hey Katie girl" He said.

"What are you do-"

"Uncle Josh you're finally here!" Melanie said interrupting me.

"I'm sorry Mellie Belly" He said to her even though he's staring at me.

"It's ok, I was just telling Miss Katie about the slushy you promised me" She said grinning.

"Oh... so this is the famous Miss Katie?" He said still looking at me.

"Yup!" She said.

He turned back to her. "Hey kiddo why don't you go play, I want to talk to your teacher for a minute" He said.

"Ok!" She ran to the play area.

He turned around and made his way to me.

"God I have missed you Katie girl" He said wrapping me up in a big hug. Well... all those years of separation did nothing to diminish my feelings for him.

I immediately hug him back. 

"I missed you too."

He pulls away and looks me up and down.

"Wow... you look great Katie girl" He grinned.

"Thanks, so do you." And I meant every word.

He's grown out his facial hair and his hair is side parted with a modern fade, it looks really hot on him. One thing that hasn't changed, are his baby blues.

"So you ended up becoming a kindergarten teacher after all" He said.

"Yup, graduated with honors" I said with a proud grin.

"Wow! that's awso-"

"Mommy!" Emma barreled into me, interrupting Josh.

Oh shit I forgot about Emma.

Looking at Josh I notice his gaze is fixed on Emma. 

Fuck. this is not how I wanted this to go.

"Mommy... You have a daughter?" He asked.

Taking a deep breath I let out my big secret of why I avoided coming home.

"Yes, she's my daughter" I said letting out a big breath.

After telling him that, he does something that not only surprised me, but made my heart skip a beat and my ovaries quiver.

He goes down onto the floor, getting down to her level to introduce himself.

"Hi, I'm a friend of your mommy's, my name's Josh. What's your name sweet pea?" He asked her.

Sweet pea? God help me he already has a nickname for her.

God, this man is going to make my ovaries explode.

"Hi I'm Emma" She says shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you Emma. How old are you?" He asked.

"I'm 4 and my birthday is July 6th" She said.

After saying that Josh stands up and looks at me. Yup... He figured it out.

"Love bug, go play with Melanie while I talk to Josh."

"Ok mommy" She said.

Turning to look at Josh, I anticipate the questions I know he's going to ask.

"Is she the reason you stopped coming home?" He asked.

Here we go...

I let out a breath. "Yes she is. I know you have a bunch of questions, but I'd rather do that another time instead of at work."

"Ok, give me your number and we can make plans to have this long overdue talk. I'm assuming you're living in the area again?" He asked.

"Ok, yes we live close by."

"Ok good, well I'll let you go, but please don't avoid me again Katie girl, I deserve an explanation, even though I'm pretty sure I figured it out, but I want to hear it from you" He said.

"Ok."

"I'll talk to you soon Katie girl" He said hugging me again then going to get Melanie.

After giving Emma a hi five he heads to the lobby with Melanie. I can't help but check out his ass as he's leaving. 

Damn that ass should be illegal. 

"Wow, who was that?!" My coworker asked interrupting my inappropriate thoughts.

"That would be my first love." 

"Wow you know how to pick them" She said.

"Nope. He was just an unrequited love."

"Well if he's available now, it could be your chance. It could be fate, who knows" She said shrugging.

Yeah, fate my ass.

~~~Josh's pov~~~

Driving from Melanie's school, I'm still trying to comprehend what just happened.

After 5 years of not knowing where she was or anything, she's finally back on my life. Those 5 years without her fucking sucked, it felt like my other half was missing.

"Uncle Josh, can we go to the park after we get slushies?" Melanie asked interrupting my thoughts about Katie.

"Yeah. I think your parents will appreciate having you run off the sugar I'm giving you before you go back home."

That little girl has been the best thing in my life for the last 4 years. As sooner as I heard my brother say they were expecting I couldn't wait to be an uncle. I also have a nephew who should be born very soon.

Once we get to the park, we go to a picnic table to finish our slushies and Melanie told me about her day. These are the moments that I absolutely love when I spend time with her, just simple moments that I hope one day she will remember when she's older.

We spent the hour playing on the playground. The other parents got a kick out of a 6'3 man playing on the equipment and going down the slide. It's pretty fucking sad that I was the only one interacting and I'm not even a parent, now don't get me wrong I'm not shaming parents if they don't want to play with them, but at least pay attention to your kid instead of scrolling on your phone, the amount of times I saw a kid go up to their parent and tell them to watch them or come play and their parent did nothing was sickening. Unless it's absolutely necessary, stay off your phone and hangout with your kids.

*

After dropping off Melanie at my brothers house, I finally get home. I bought a one floor ranch style house with 3 bed 2 bath, open floor plan in the living room and kitchen, in ground pool and 2 car garage.

Unfortunately my grandpa passed away when I was in my senior year of college, but he left me a check with a large amount of money in, so I was able to afford it. I'm extremely grateful he did that for me.

Luckily I can just chill tonight since I don't have a practice or game to coach.

I went to college and got my teaching degree and became a highschool gym teacher, along with being a offensive line varsity football coach and the varsity boys assistant basketball coach.

The boys just won a game, so we decided to give them a day off for their win, so I'm taking advantage of it. 

I decide to take a shower and unwind. Once I'm done I put on a pair of boxer briefs and watch some TV.

When I'm home alone I usually just walk around in my underwear or naked, well depending on if I'm horny or not for the later.

After catching up on an episode of Riverdale I missed last night, I go to the fridge to see what I want to make for dinner.

Deciding on leftover pasta I head to the couch and watch some YouTube. Being on my own does get lonely. I hook up with girls here and there, but I haven't dated seriously in a few years.

Maybe it's time to get back out there.

Waking up the next morning I eat some breakfast then get ready for work

Once I arrive to work I say good morning to my coworkers. I unlock my office and get ready for my classes.

I teach juniors and seniors, which I like since I'm closer in age to them, so I can kinda relate with them about stuff.

My day isn't too bad. I had health class for my juniors and I taught them about CPR and first aid.

My seniors have gym and get to pick from four different activities, so that's pretty easy and if they all choose the same thing I'll usually play with them.

Once school lets out I go to my office and change into my other clothes for practice.

I'm the type of coach that gets involved with the team because they understand everything better when you physically show them than just screaming at them.

Right now the team is looking great, I have mostly seniors for varsity. They know what to do, but I still show them, it gives me a chance to still play one of the sports I love.

Practice goes without a hitch and we're looking really good so far. After taking a shower in the teachers locker room, I go to get something for dinner. Deciding on Sonic I get my food and go home. 

After eating I decide to text Katie to see if she's busy right now because I really want to catch up with her.

Me- Hey Katie, it's Josh. I was wondering if u were busy right now?

Katie girl- No actually I'm not, my mom is taking Emma for a few hours so I have some time to myself

Me- Wow that's nice she does that for u. Would u wanna catch up?

Katie girl- Yeah I think we could do that. Where u wanna meet at?

Me- I was thinking maybe at my house?

Katie girl- Yeah sounds good, Oh yeah what's your address?

Me- 123 river road

Katie girl- Ok, I'll see u soon

After finishing up texting Katie I go to put on shorts and a t-shirt and I go sit on my couch and wait for her. I'm actually pretty nervous, this talk is long overdue.

After 10 minutes I hear a knock at the door. I go towards the foyer and open the door. 

"Hey good to see you" I said hugging her.

"You too" She said.

I take a second to get a good look at her. Katie has always been a really pretty girl, but now she's absolutely beautiful.

She's wearing leggings, a PINK t shirt, and has a messy bun without makeup on and she looks gorgeous. She has some curves now, I'm assuming from her having a baby and from what I can tell her boobs grew a bit more from the last time I saw her.

"Wow nice place" She says looking around.

"Thanks. You want anything to drink?"

"Sure I'll have some water, thanks" She said.

"No prob" I said going to the fridge to get her a bottle of water. I turn around to go to the couch and see her looking around the Living room, her back is to me so I get a view of her ass and damn what a view it is. The perfect handful from the looks of it.

Coming to the living room I hand the water to her and sit down next to her on the couch

"Where's Megan?" She asks. Why is she asking when Megan is? Until it dawns on me that the last time I saw Katie I was engaged to Megan.

"We broke up a month after college started. The distance got too much for her and she met someone else who she's currently married to."

"Oh wow, I'm sorry Josh I know you really loved her" She said.

"Thanks, but honestly now when I think back, I don't really believe I was in love with her as I thought I was. I think it was the familiarity and infatuation I had for her."

"Wow" She said probably not knowing what to say.

"Yeah I definitely wish I would've figured that out before I bought the engagement ring, but I was a young immature teenager who thought he knew what love was."

"Well at least you know better now. Has there been anyone since Megan?" She asked.

"No there hasn't actually. I've dated here or there and had hook ups, but besides that, I haven't had a serious girlfriend. I guess I didn't want to make the same mistake in college. What about you?" 

"Yeah there was. Emma's father actually. I met Jason at orientation and we hit it off right away. He was a football player and very popular, so I was excited that he liked me, Unfortunately I found out very quickly that he wasn't a good guy" She said with a tight smile.

My whole body tenses up after hearing that. 

"Katie I swear to God if he hit you I will find him and kill him." I said hoping my fears weren't true.

"No he never hit me or anything. We were going out for about 3 months before shit went south. We were doing good for awhile until a week before Thanksgiving. I was feeling like crap and I was throwing up so I thought I had the flu or something. I told my cousin and she told me to take a pregnancy test, I was skeptical because we always used condoms, but they aren't 100% effective, so I took the test and it was positive. After that I told him and he started freaking out saying I would ruin his life so he told me he didn't want anything to do with me or the baby" She said letting out a big breath.

"That fucking scumbag. I can't believe he didn't step up."

She goes on to tell me how she didn't ask for child support and her grandparents gave her the money instead. Honestly I probably would have done the same thing if I was in her shoes.

I questioned her about why she didn't come home anymore and she said she was scared that I judge her for getting pregnant and that's why she got rid of her social media and something happened to her phone so she didn't have my number anymore.

 When she was telling me that, I got a feeling like she wasn't telling me the full truth, but I didn't want to push her. She said she regretted not reaching out because of how much time we lost now that we're friends again.

Then she tells me how college was, her classes, and her professors, she also told me she graduated top of her class. I'm so proud of her.

I asked her when she moved back home and she said at the beginning of the summer. She moved in with her parents for a little bit, then she found the apartment they're in now, the rent isn't too bad and they're close to her parents. 

She also said how she came across the school and got the job and that Emma's tuition is free since she's a staff member, which I thought that was really cool.

"Yeah I'm really thankful for that. Ok enough about me. What have you been up to in the last 5 years?" She asked.

"Not much really. College was pretty good. Tyler Peterson also ended up going to University of Southern Florida and he ended up being my my roommate so we got a lot closer. Megan broke up with me around that time so I focused on sports to distract myself. I unfortunately didn't make first string QB. Second to last game the first string QB got hurt and I was back up so I filled in for him and I unfortunately got hurt too, ended up tearing my ACL."

"Oh my god!" She said putting her hand over her mouth.

"Yup, so that was the end of my sports career, took about a year to fully heal and I didn't even bother trying out for the basketball team the next year. Luckily I got into the University on it academic scholarship so if I didn't play sports I was still going to get my tuition paid, so I put my full attention to my classes, studied my ass off and graduated top of my class. Moved back home and found the house that I'm in now and bought it with the money that my grandpa left me."

"Wow! That's awesome you graduated top of your class too. Oh I'm story to hear about your grandpa" She said putting her hand on top of mine.

"Thanks Katie girl. After I bought the house I went around the area and guess what high school had an opening for a gym teacher?"

"What school?" She asked.

"Our high school."

"No way! Probably feels weird working at the highschool" She said.

"Yeah, kinda because a lot of our old teachers are my coworkers. I teach juniors and seniors and I'm the boys offensive line football coach and the boys varsity assistant basketball coach." I say with a proud smile.

"Josh that's awesome! You always wanted this as a career and you made it happen. I'm so happy for you" She said with a huge smile. 

She looks so beautiful when she smiles.

"Thanks Katie I'm happy for you too, I know everything didn't happen the way you wanted it to, but you have an adorable little girl who's practically your clone and from what I saw when I got to talk to her I can tell you did a great job at raising her" I said with a smile because I meant every word. 

"Aww Josh you're gonna make me cry" She said with a wobbly lip.

"Come here Katie girl" I say opening my arms to give her a hug. And once she comes in my arms I feel complete again. I missed this girl so much that I have to do everything to keep her in my life again.

After calming down she moves out of my arms. I use my thumbs to wipe the tears off her cheeks and she smiles at me.

"Thanks. I don't know what happened, all these emotions hit all at once and me realizing how much I missed you and it came to a head" She said slightly laughing.

"That's ok, shit happens and I really missed you too Katie girl, it felt like my other half was missing when you left."

"I felt the same way" She says with a sad smile.

"Good then you have to promise me that you are staying in my life for good" I say looking into her beautiful eyes.

"Yes Josh I want you in my life for good too" She said smiling.

"Ok good" I said with a big smile. After that we reminisced about old times and I gave her a house tour. It felt really good to hangout with her again. After a few hours catching up she had to leave to pick up Emma from her parents house.

"Ok I have to get going. I had fun catching up with you even though I cried" She said slightly laughing.

"Me too, that's ok."

 "I'm really glad to be friends with you again Josh" She said hugging me.

"Me too Katie girl" I said hugging her back. I don't know why, but I'm feeling this shocking sensation when I hug her. It used to happen when we were in high school, but I didn't think anything of it except it's more intense now. 

"Text me when you get home and tell Emma I say hi."

"I will Josh" She said smiling.

After she leaves I go to my room strip out of my clothes and watch some TV. Katie texts me she got home not long after that. After watching tv for a few hours I start to drift off to sleep thinking about how happy I am to have Katie back into my life again.

____________________________________________

Author's note

Hey guys! hoped you liked the chapter.

Where my Riverdale fans at?

What do you think will happen next?

Don't forget to comment!

I'll see you in the next update!👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 9.1K 65
When you're a seventeen-year-old girl with anxiety disorder and a gorgeous, popular girl that absolutely hates your guts for who-knows-what reason bu...
38.1M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
8.3K 478 36
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
33.9K 748 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...