A Gamer's Journey

By somepersonwhowrites

After waking up in the middle of the night on his tenth birthday he found himself with box that says "Welcome... More

The Beginning
The Beginning Part 2
I don't like where this is going
I don't like where this is going Part 2
Hooray to being homeless
Hooray to being homeless Part 2
Didn't expect this to happen
The boring training arc
The Boring Training Arc Part 2
I always wanted a slave
I don't want to become a nerd, but I kind of want to
Yay for human trafficking
How many dungeons does this city have?
What a wonderful dungeon
I blame this all on Anenoid
What could possibly go wrong
What happened last night?
Why is this room on hard mode?
This isn't even fair anymore
Why do I hear boss music
This didn't go as planned
Never expected a deer
Homeless people are scary
I hate my siblings
Stupid ape
Introductions
Crickets have weird legs
Where's the armor?
A shower seems nice
Chemistry is fun
Go away Alice
Slime is fun
Happy Birthday!
Second try!
Memories
Greed
This is too much for me
Fast Travel time
Not born equal
The tutorial finally ends
I like where this is going
GTA but in real life
Deception
Segway go Brrrrrrr
Planning for stuff
Winter break!!!!
Plumbing and economics is also fun
It's Christmas!!
Driving is easy
IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU
Coffee sounds nice right now
Further into Greed
(1)Wild, Wild West: Bugs are cool
(2)Wild, Wild west: A streak of badluck
(3) Wild, Wild West The only danger was myself
(4)Wild, Wild West: Ivan needs a nerf
Short chapter for yall
Not a short chapter for ya'll
Hygiene is very important
Back to the normal plot
Final Destination was a good movie
Another training arc!
Just a few different things in one
A business man doing business
Do your actions really matter?
Just a bit of exploring
Smol Chapter
Misleading Heist
Haha funny number
Paranoia and isolation
Old Friends
The Gateway
The debt collector
Uh, Ivan????
Progression?
Scheming
HAHAHA!! MONKE!!!!
ahhh titles
Am Back
(0*0)
Back at square one
Mommy issues
Did a smart
Haven't been here in a while
Do a flip
Pre-boss fight
A Dying Flame
New Generation
names are hard part 2?
Farm
Horrors that are comprehensible
The barn find :)
ahhh
Start of a struggle
Sleep
Why these weights so heavy :(
Superior Genetics

1-1

23 3 0
By somepersonwhowrites

Chapter 80

Sunday, May 24, 2014

11: 26 am

(Ivan's POV)

I watched Alice take a quick sip of her Starbucks before she made a sour face. She held the coffee away from her lips with disgust.

"How do people even drink this stuff?" Alice said with a sour expression. I take a big sip of my coffee and let the cup float in the air.

"It's good?" I said with a shrug. Alice shook her head with disdain. I loudly sigh. "It keeps people awake though." Alice took another reluctant sip of her coffee. She quickly set her cup on the ground to rub her eyes.

"I still feel tired." I silently chuckle at her response. I haven't felt tired in a long time. I just drink coffee for the taste.

"Give it some time?" I said before grabbing my cup out of the air and taking a big gulp of coffee. Alice picked up her coffee and handed her cup to me.

"I'd rather not." Alice yawned and stood up. I poured the rest of her coffee into my cup and drink the rest of my coffee. I put the cups into my Inventory and stand up. I wipe the dirt off my pants and look towards Alice. Alice rubbed her eyes and looked around at the dirt buildings. She looked towards me with confusion. "Is it really okay to build the buildings out of dirt?"

"It's just a temporary solution for now." Alice looked at me with a distrustful look. I roll my eyes at her. "I'll set up actual buildings when everything settles down." Alice shrugged.

"Are we done though?" Alice asked with a hopeful look. I shrug.

"All we have to do now is put up some walls to keep out the monsters. We can do that later though, just go ba-" I stop in the middle of my sentence as the sky suddenly turned red. I look up in confusion as Alice's eyes widened. I felt something vibrate within my chest, I instinctively take out my phone. My body stiffened as a message from Anenoid appeared on the screen.

Anenoid: Get Ready.

I quickly put the phone back into my Inventory before Alice could read the message. I nervously look up at the sky. I thought I told him to attack at two pm. Why the hell is he attacking now? I take out my spear and take a deep breath. The back of my head tingled. I swiftly step to the side and swing my spear at the flying otter trying to aim for the back of my head. I raise my eyebrow in confusion as a box suddenly appeared.

New quest!

Kill Anenoid! (again)

Rewards:

A bit more respect from the camp

+20 levels to all Umbrakinesis skills

New skill

+20 to Str

+50 Mp

$800

100 points

500 xp

Failure Consequence:

-5 levels to all Umbrakinesis skills

Accept?

Yes

No

I stare at the box for a bit before clicking yes. Alice tapped my shoulder and pointed to a large dark spike pointing up into the sky. The spike quickly shrunk as wood flied into the air. The loud clatter of wood filled the air. I look towards Alice for a second before springing off towards Anenoid. I took deep and sharp breaths as I ran past people running to a safe place. I notice an ape wearing a hat and some shorts quickly rush in from my side. I quickly use Wind Cannon to propel me forward and dodge the ape. I heard the ape's loud footsteps get closer and closer behind me, I quickly turn around and throw some pebbles at the ape. I snap my fingers and watch as the ape's skin was ripped right off its body. I quickly send my spear forward towards the ape's head. The spear went clean through as ice suddenly launched out of the ape's head. I turn around and let the spear fly right into my hands.

I felt my a bit of my Mp flow right into my spear as I continued my run towards Anenoid. People screamed for help as monsters tore off pieces and pieces of the rotten wood making up the cabins. I send a Wind Arrow towards a flying otter attacking a child. I saw another dark spike fly straight through a cabin right in front of me. I quickly jump back as the spike quickly disappeared. I took shallow, quick breaths in order to regain my Stamina. I took one deep breath and slowly breathed out as my Stamina bar refilled itself. I looked frantically around of Anenoid, a circle of flying otter hovered above me as another group of those horribly disfigured women yokai watched me front a distance. The disfigured women had a sinister smile on their face.

I quickly blinked and looked towards the side. Suddenly a blanket of darkness covered my vision. I held my breath as the screams of kids and the chaos of the camp getting torn apart fell silent. The only thing I could hear was the steady beat of my heart. I let out a loud sigh as the side of my head tingled. I swiftly stepped to the side and swung my spear blindly. I felt the side of my shaft strike something. I squint in an effort to see what I just hit. I let my spear float in the air and take out a flash light. It has to be shadow's blocking my vision, I don't think Anenoid can control anything else.

I turned on the flashlight, my hopes quickly shrunk as a faint beam of light sliced through the thick fog of darkness. I loud pair of footsteps suddenly rushed towards my direction. I quickly turn around and point my flashlight in front of me. I launch my spear forwards, my eyes widened as I felt the back of my head tingle. I quickly turn my earring into a sword and let go of the flashlight. I notice a faint outline of an ape rushing towards me.

I quickly bring back my spear and quickly send my spear straight towards the ape's head. I notice the ape slightly move to the side. I take out a few pebbles and wait for the ape to get closer. Once the ape was a few feet away from me, I threw the pebbles towards the ape and fly upwards. I felt the air vibrate around me, I squint my eyes in an effort to see through the dark void. I yelp as a smooth, thick tentacle like object wrapped around my leg. the tentacle quickly dragged me back down on the ground with a thud on my stomach. The air left my lungs as I turned over onto my back, I notice the outline of the ape standing over me. I looked over to the side and see a person sprinting towards me on all fours.

A surge of adrenaline rushed through me as I used Wind Cannon to launch myself back. I grunted as my skin scraped against the gravel. I quickly stand back up with a burning, hot sensation going up my arms. My spear quickly came back to me as I held my sword up to my chest. I quickly reach for my spear and put it back into my Inventory. I felt the sides of my stomach tingle. I quickly use Wind Cannon to launch myself back. I heard the swoosh of the wind as something reached for my stomach. I quickly jumped as something tried attacking my feet. I looked up just in time to notice the ape running full force at me. Before I could do anything the ape tackled me out of the air. I gasped for air as the void suddenly disappeared. My eyes were instantly blinded with light as my head banged against the ground, the sound of screams and fire crackling echoed in my ears.. I let go of my sword and use the wind to launch the sword straight through the ape's neck. The ape's head instantly grabbed its throat as it got off me. I took loud gasps of air as brought my sword back to my side. The sword quickly flew towards the ape, the sword sliced through the ape's ankle. The ape fell to his knees as the blade shot up straight through the ape's head.

I notice a blur of a person quickly following up with the ape's ambush. The person was unnaturally fast I blink several times before my eyes could get used to the light. Before the person could reach me, I was suddenly engulfed in darkness again. My eyes tried its best to adjust to the lack of light as the person raised its arms. I quickly move back and move to the side. Right before the person attacked, I took out my spear and blocked the person's arms. My leg stiffened as I felt something pierce my thigh. I winced as I notice something sticking out of the person's hand. The person used its weight against me and pushed me back. Before I could regain my balance my vision was suddenly blinded by a bright light. I close my eyes as what felt like a five knives ran across my face. I yelled as the person suddenly bit deep into my right shoulder and ripped a piece of flesh of my shoulder. I open my eyes and use Wind Cannon on the person's leg. The person stumbled back. I swung my spear at what I now realized was one of the disfigured women. The spear sliced across the women's chest, ice spread across the women's chest as she tried turning around. My sword suddenly came out of nowhere and went straight through the women's head, the sword got stuck in the middle of her head. Without a second thought I used the wind on the sword's hilt to twist the women's neck. The woman quickly collapsed to the floor as I tore my sword out of the women's head. I took deep long breaths as I let my weapons and the flashlight fall to the ground.

I took out a large health potion and started to drink it as a tall, knight-like figure walked towards me with a bat like weapon in hand. There were dark vapors coming off he knight's dark shining armor. The knight had a torn up looking book floating above his head. It took me a second to realize that it was Anenoid that I was looking at. I watched my Stamina bar slowly fill its self up with each breath I took. I took out a medium sized health potion and drank it as Anenoid gave a simple wave before raising his weapon to his chest. I could visualize a cocky smirk on his face even if there was a helmet on his head.

I took out a marker and started to draw an Egyptian symbol on the bottle. I tap the symbol the let a bit of magic slip into the bottle. I took a deep breath as I use the wind to bring up my flash light and my sword to the level of my chest. I let my spear hover over me. Anenoid gave a slight nod as he widened his stance.

In a blink of an eye Anenoid suddenly disappeared. I felt the back of my arm tingle. I turn my head over my shoulder just in time to see half of Anenoid's body rise up from my shadow. In an instant the razor-like blades on Anenoid's weapon glided across my left elbow, a sharp hot pain shot up my shoulder. Blood poured out of my elbow as Anenoid stepped out of my shoulder. I drop the bottle and snap my fingers as I launched myself away from Anenoid. A gulf of fire engulfed Anenoid as a loud boom filled the air. My ears rung as smoke cleared the air. Blood poured onto the gravel as the smoke revealed a black smooth wall blocking Anenoid from the explosion.

The wall sunk back into his shadow, Anenoid let out a hearty laugh as he let his weapon rest on his shoulder. Anenoid suddenly disappeared, I use the wind and thrust my spear behind me. I swiftly turn around, I smile as I saw half my spear stuck in Anenoid's head. My smile quickly dropped as Anenoid's body withered away to reveal another Anenoid climbing out of my shadow. I point my flashlight at my shadow. Anenoid suddenly vanished, I kept pointing my flashlight at where my shadow should be and look around. I spot Anenoid a few feet away with his head in his palm. He pointed to the buildings around us then wagged his finger.

I quickly caught what he was trying to say and walk towards a nearby building. I waited for him to make his move. I felt something tug my shirt in the direction of the building. I spot a note hanging on the wall.

You're going to have to fight for this win

-Anenoid

I quickly look back towards Anenoid. He twirled his weapon in response. I take a quick step back. This wasn't part of the deal. I quickly duck as the back of my head tingled. I felt everything stop as I swiftly turned around and wildly swung my sword. My sword struck the side of a flying otter. I felt the side of my head tingle, I look to the side to see Anenoid's weapon flying through the air. Anenoid's hand reached out of his weapon's shadow and towards the hilt of his weapon. Before I could react, Anenoid quickly stepped out of the weapon's shadow, and used his other hand to reach for my face; . I desperately swung my weapon at Anenoid's arm as arm began to lift me off the ground. My sword bounced off his armor in my futile attempt to escape. I struggled to get a breath of air as his grip tightened around my head. I kicked and flailed as I threw my flashlight at him.

I calm myself and point my finger at him. I formed a Wind Arrow at the tip of my finger and begin to twirl the arrow. My arrow dispersed into the air as I felt a sharp pain rush across my stomach. I felt Anenoid lift me higher into the air. I lifted randomly used the wind and hurled random objects at Anenoid.

My eyes were assaulted by a bright light. Before I could comprehend what was happening, my head crashed into a gritty, hard surface. A quick, shock of pain went down my spine and head. My body twirled in the air as my vision was filled with glimpsed of orange and brown. My vision suddenly went black as the top of my head slammed right into another cabin wall.

My body shook as I suddenly found myself on the floor covered in broken wooden pieces. My vision swirled as I slowly sat up. I felt the top of my head tingle. I hazily look up just in time to see an ape raise a piece of wood over his head. I launch myself to the side and swiftly stand up. My stomach churned, the middle of my shirt felt heavy around my waist. My legs shook with exhaustion. I lazily looked around for my weapon as the ape rushed towards me. Without hesitation I sent a Wind Arrow towards the ape's head. The ape quickly fell to the ground as his head split wide open. I collapsed to my knees as hunched over on the ground. Mucus dripped down my nose and onto the floor.

A tight pressure squeezed around my head, the pressure increased with each passing second. My health bar was a quarter way full and rapidly draining. I took out a large health potion and brought it up to my lips. I felt throwing up at the feeling of the liquid going down my throat. I felt the potion slosh around in my stomach. I was only able to drink a quarter of the bottle before I stopped to take a gasp of air. I slowly stood up and threw the bottle to the side. I stumbled away from the cabin as I heard a slow pair of footsteps behind me. I watched as monsters leaped onto the remaining cabins and start tearing into the wood. Bodies of children laid still on the ground, I bit my lip as I notice that the bodies were trying to get away from everything. I took in a deep air of breath and start to walk faster.

I stopped when I felt something wrap around my left ankle. I look over my shoulder, I felt my body shudder as I saw Anenoid wave at me. I looked down with despair as I felt something cold wrap around my leg. I tightly close my eyes and wait for something to happen. A cold, depressing feeling came over my body as I waited and waited for something to happen. I open my eyes after waiting for what felt like hours. I stared at Anenoid with confusion. Everything was suddenly turned into a blur. My body felt weightless as a black tentacle coming out from the shadow's of the wood laying on the ground. I fired Wind Arrows in random directions. A ringing noise filled my eyes as pieces of wood cracked and flew around my face.

A sharp, stinging pain stabbed through the side of my chest as my body crashed through a cabin's wall. I saw a glimpse of wood sticking out from my side. Before my body could touch my ground, another tentacle came out from the shadow's and grabbed my waist. I gasped for air as the tentacles grip tightened. The tentacle slammed me to the ground and dragged me towards the shadows. I dig my nails into the gravel trying to stop the tentacle from dragging me into the shadows. I sent a Wind Arrow towards the tentacle. The arrow bounced off the tentacle as the bottom half of my body was dragged into the shadows.

Everything was a blur as my head entered the shadow. My body was suddenly flying through the air, my vision flashed with glimpsed of black, red, and brown. Each second felt like an entirety. Each second felt like knives piercing through my body. The air in my lungs suddenly rushed out of my mouth as I was slammed onto the ground. My body shook with pain, it took every ounce of strength to move my body. My body screamed for me to stay down and give up as I sat up. Strangely enough, my Stamina bar was was almost full, I nervously looked at my almost empty Hp bar.

I spot Anenoid's foot move in the center of my eye. I use the wind to lift myself up and quickly fly away. My legs hung limp as I flew away from Anenoid. I gasped for quick breaths of air. A whistling sound came out of my mouth each time I took a breath. I spot Anenoid climb out of a nearby shadow. I quickly throw some pebbles towards Anenoid and snap my fingers. Anenoid suddenly ran out from the fire and raised his weapon. I quickly use the wind and fly back. Anenoid's speed increased, my eyes widened as I watched Anenoid bring his weapon up to my eye. I used Wind's Cannon, Anenoid remained unaffected. Anenoid swung his weapon towards my left eye. I screamed as a blade dug right into the middle of my eye. I felt a tear run down my right eye. Anenoid reached for my neck as he swiftly ripped his weapon across my eye. A fog of black wrapped around me as the back of my shirt was being tugged on above my head. I held my left eye tightly and whimpered.

I groaned as a beam of light light the right side of my face. My body was lifted up into the sky and gently laid onto red sand. My body shook from the pain burrowing into my bones. I turn onto my back, I glare at Anenoid as he looked down at me in casual clothes. He had a cocky smirk as he stretched out his hand to help me out. I quickly shake my head. Anenoid turned around and bent down, he reached into his shadow and pulled out my weapon. I shakily take out a potion.

It was a struggle lifting my arm to open the bottle. A shadow traveled up my body and opened the bottle for me. I shakily bring the bottle to my lips, Anenoid tapped his foot while he put my weapons by my side. I drop the bottle and take shallow breaths. A sharp pain went through my chest, I clutch my chest and struggle to breath. Anenoid sat down in front of me with a blank stare. Anenoid leaned back.

"I know I was supposed to let you win the fight, but Nuxiel didn't want that for some reason." I took a deep breath, I grabbed the piece of wood and try to tug it out of my rib. A sharp pain in my ribs stopped me. I let my arm rest on the wood.

"Di-d ou hav to," I take a deep breath and continue my sentence. "Use ma body to d-troy t- cabs?" I say through shallow breaths. Anenoid reached into his shorts and pulled out a bottle of pills. He tossed it into my lap. I take out a bottle of water and a bottle of Pain-B Gone. I use the wind to open the pill bottles and pour a handful of pills from each bottle down my throat. A cold, numbing sensations hugged my body. I felt my right eye lid start to drip. I put the bottles back into my Inventory. I yawn as Anenoid responded.

"Nuxiel told me to not to let you get the win, I just wanted me to fight you like I usually would as long as I don't kill you." I glare at Anenoid and point towards the pieces of wood sticking out of my lower half and my sides.

'You think throwing my body through wood multiple times wouldn't kill me?" I try to stand up, to my horror I notice that I couldn't move my legs. Anenoid leaned forward and rested his hand on his knee.

"I knew that type of thing wouldn't kill you." I looked at Anenoid with disbelief. "I've seen worse happen to you." He said with a smile on his face. I scoff and use my hand to move my legs in front of me.

"Then why did you go for the eye." Anenoid shrugged.

"That'll heal overnight for you." Anenoid said in a huff. He reached into his shorts and took out a piece of paper. Anenoid rasied an eyebrow and pointed towards the paper. "Nuxiel gave you a paper already right?"

"Depends on what's supposed to be on it." Anenoid looked down towards the piece of paper.

"It's supposed to have an address or something?" I give a curt nod.

"Yeah I got one why?"

"He told me to tell you that if you lost try to get to make it to the address tonight." I let out a sigh.

"Has he ever done this sort of thing before for you?"

"Nah, he would just let me do my own thing." Anenoid snapped his fingers. "Actually you know what's the weirdest thing about him? He's always asking about you. He's always asking how you're doing and what you're up to. It's just so weird, he would usually just go inside other people's dreams, if he wanted to know about you he would've done it for you." I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

"He does talk to me in my sleep, he only gives me stuff and takes me places?" Anenoid leaned forward with a confused face.

"What do you me by give you stuff and places?"

"He gives me money, food, takes me on yachts, planes."

"What the hell, he doesn't give anything to anyone. He doesn't even do anything special in our dreams, he just talks to us while everything is so dark." Anenoid said while he stood up. His weapon launched out of his shadow, He quickly grabbed the hilt of his weapon and slung his weapon over his shoulder. He cracked his neck as his shadow traveled up his body and formed his armor. Anenoid waved his hand and pointed to the piece of paper. He tossed the paper into the air. He turned around and walked towards the hole the hole in the ground leading towards the camp. I watched as he jumped down and disappeared from my sight. I laid on my back and watched as two boxes appeared in my face.

Quest failed!

Consequence:

-5 levels to all Umbrakinesis skills

I sigh and read the other boxes.

Several skills leveled up due to repeated use of them!

Lvl 24 Physical Endurance -> Lvl 25(9%) Physical Endurance

Lvl 23 Move air -> Lvl 24 (9%) Move air

I close the box and shakily sit up. I took in a deep breath and imagined Sombra by my side. I heard the sand move underneath me. I felt my body get lifted up into the air. I smile as I felt Sombra's soft mane in my face. I rubbed his mane softly as I pointed towards the hole.

"Just take me towards camp Sombra."

11:57 am

(Weiss's POV)

I groaned as I put Michael's body on a now burnt matress. I gasped for air as I watched the now barren camp fall silent. I laid my hand on my back and groan as I put my bag down near Michael. Michael laid unconscious. I sat down on the floor with pain running down my body. I put my sword down as I laid on my ground.

My eyes widened as I heard clops hit the ground. I quickly sit up and reach for my sword. I groan loudly as I spot Ivan riding a strange, unicorn like creature. I watched with a scared look as I watched pieces of wood stick out of his skin. His left eye was shut tightly. I wave at Ivan, Ivan sleepily looked towards me and waved back. I rush to my bag and look around for medicine. I grimace at the sad sight of some bandages and Neosporin.

I don't think this is enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 31 1
A threat that turned into a fight. A fight that turned into a battle. A battle that turned into a war. It's the year 2172. Humans and Monsters in...
200 3 19
Naomi has grown up surrounded by technology and constantly warned that magic is dangerous, but when she's approached by a top-secret magic organizati...
14.7K 1.1K 60
After being left homeless from a destroyed village, two orphans try to make a new life for themselves in the City but things aren't as easy as it see...
1.1K 97 22
Waking up to discover he's been summoned to another world, Ivan is thrust into a life beyond his imagination, a land abandoned by the gods is now lef...