Short Story Collection

By Rayneus

My collection of other stories I had in mind for entertainment. More

The Girl Who Can't See Handsome Boy

How to Help People

8 1 0
By Rayneus

One afternoon, a girl named Ran, a fair yet shiny skin with brown hair that is tied in a ponytail was taking her jog in the morning on her way home until she heard a cry from the park.

An old woman in gray hair wearing a white dress with red polka dots tries to get up to her clutches after tripping on a rock that causes her to fall on her butt. Luckily, she didn't have any broken bones, but still needed to stand up with her clutches. But had some difficulty.

Worried, looked around to see if anyone was around the park. Nobody was present. The park was empty, so she helped.

She did the old woman got her clutches.

"Thank you, " that's all the old woman says.

As the old woman walked away, she began jogging to go home. As she passed into the supermarket, she saw a lady in blonde hair wearing a tiger-like dress carrying heavy grocery bags. She was having difficulty carrying them all.

Ran helped...again.

"Um, miss?" she asked. "Mind if I carry those groceries for you?"

The lady looked happy and immediately agreed. Ran helped the lady carry all her groceries into her red car, putting the groceries in the car one by one.

Until they left behind nothing.

"Thank you, "said the lady.

So Ran continued to jog on her way home. Then she saw a house that was blue, not completely painted. The painter wearing a white, short-sleeve, collared shirt and a blue apron, and a black cap. He just painted less than half the house.

Feeling nervous, he muttered, "Tomorrow is the deadline and... I haven't completely painted the whole thing, what should I do?"

Feeling sorry for him so, decided to help...again and again.

Moving towards the painter, asking, "Um sir?"

"Y-yes?" He's surprised and looks at her.

"Mind if I help you to paint the house?"

The painter thought for a second. "Yes! Thank you!", he replied happily.

Helping the painter took an hour to fully paint, which is tiring but fulfilling. The house became fully blue.

Saying goodbye to the painter and going off, she became tired, so she walks. Later, after walking for a while, found a bench at the nearby playground to rest.

After ten minutes.

Getting up, about to leave, she suddenly heard a cry at the same time scream as well. A little girl around the age of seven, having black hair tied in pigtails, wearing a pink long-sleeve and reddish-pink skirt, is crying because she's stuck in the tree. The other children didn't know what to do as they simply stared at her. Ran heard a teacher calling the little girl's parents about their daughter. Unfortunately, they'd arrive thirty minutes later at their daughter's school.

"Oh dear, what am I going to do?", the teacher with brown, bob-cut hair wearing a faculty uniform, seems worried.

She's concerned about the little girl, crying, and screaming, being stuck in the tree. Also, the girl might fall. Trying to calm her down, however, doesn't work.

"Honey, don't cry, your parents will come soon..." she said unsuccessfully.

So, helped...again and again and again.

"Madam, ", she said. "I'll help her go down safely."

Astonished to see Ran out of nowhere, she questioned, "Miss, are you sure? You might fall and hurt yourself."

Ran isn't confident, though unsure about her safety. Leaving without choice, she needed to save herself quickly.

Instantly climbing, she realizes the tree was a little higher than initially thought. This is an oak tree, anyway.

"Expect the unexpected," she pondered.

Upon reaching the top, she saw the little girl above her head, which just needed to be held while standing. She stood up to get closer, trembling because of how high the tree itself was. Ran got closer to the little girl, which was difficult because, being careful not to fall, she balanced herself.

She was about to stand up when the little girl screamed.

"WAAAAAAAAAAH!" She cried.

"Mommy! Daddy!"

Ran instantly stood up, almost losing her balance, and as a result, reminded to be swift before the little girl's parents arrived. Found a branch above, supporting herself. While holding, she comforted the little girl, "You better stop crying if you want to get down with me."

"But...", the little girl complained, then gotten teary-eyed.

"I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET DOWN!"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Sure enough, she's scared to get down. So Ran must calm her down.

"So...", thinking, later continued, "Why don't you go down with me while I carry you in the back?"

The little girl thought about it.

"OK......", she replied.

"Good."

The little girl stopped crying. Ran carried her. Extremely light enough to let the little girl hold on to her back tightly, with no difficulty.

So, they climbed down the oak tree until reaching the ground, safe, and sound.

Surprise, the little girl's parents were already there by the time they got down. Ran mostly didn't pay attention to the ground while she was at the tree, so that's why.

"Mommy! Daddy!", cried the little girl, running towards her parents.

The mother has light brown hair, wearing a blue-collared shirt and royal blue skirt that is an office uniform. The father has the little girl's black hair, wearing a black tuxedo. They both rushed at the little girl, then hugged her tightly as they could.

While they're hugging and others are watching, feeling more tired than before, realized it's late so, Ran hurried without being noticed.

The sun had already set by the time she got home, a yellow house with two floors, yet so simple. Ran went into the house and she saw her parents in the dining room. Her father got her brown hair and was wearing green pajamas, while her mother had light blonde hair tied in a ponytail and was wearing a purple with pink polka dots. They are waiting for her to come home.

Her father asked first, "Ran, where have you been? You made us worried."

Ran thought about what happened while she was out.

Finally, she said," I've been helping an old woman who cannot get up because of her clutches at the park, a lady with heavy groceries, a painter with a half-finished house, and a little girl stuck at a tree to get down."

Her parents, surprised, said that was the only reason that their daughter was late.

"Um... Ran, " her mother began.

"Why don't you help me make dinner? You didn't eat any lunch, right?"

She helped... again and again and again and again.

Letting her mother cook rice while she's cooking sausages. This is her favorite food, after all.

After finishing cooking, her father is waiting already to serve the plates, spoons, and folks.

They all ate their dinner. Afterward, her mother washed the dishes for Ran, who's tired. So, she immediately went to her bedroom, wallpaper of sky blue and a navy-blue bed in the corner.

Immediately wears her purple pajamas and is instantly in the bed. The next thing she knew, she'd fallen asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, she got up in the morning to have breakfast when the morning news aired. It talks about her.

A male newscaster with slightly gray hair with a blue tuxedo and a red necktie said something about yesterday after all.

"Today's news is about yesterday when the little girl stuck at the tree, rescued by a brown-haired girl which is also mentioned by some witnesses who have helped by that her mentioned the same thing."

"How helpful to her indeed."

Ran instantly closed the TV.

She considered what happened yesterday, by the people she helped so far are strangers to her. Yet, they are so thankful for her.

" Maybe helping people isn't bad, " she muttered.

-The End-

Continue Reading