Heatstroke (Jack Frost, Rise...

By FlorindaBrydon

"You know I have never been good with heat. Why me!" Jack Frost has been a Guardian for two years now and li... More

Authors note please read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
New Beginnings the Sequel for Heatstroke

Chapter 17

547 27 25
By FlorindaBrydon

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'W-w-why did you to that?' I stuttered completely out of breath, not only from the panic attack but also from the kiss.

'Well' Jack said slowly and softly while brushing my fringes behind my ears. 'I once read that to stop a panic attack, you need to hold your breath. So when I kissed you, you held your breath.' Jack said while rubbing his thumb softly on my left cheek, wiping away the last of my tears and staring into my eyes.

'Oh, did I?' I whispered, still out of breath. 'Yeah, and you do you know what, so did I' Jack said while nodding his head and slightly smiling at me.

His smile was more than enough to make me smile to and you guessed it when I smiled, his turned into a wide grin.

Just by talking to Jack about what had happened, has made me feel like that heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I wasn't as upset about it any more and I don't feel the pain that has been with me for all these years. Jack has made the pain disappear. That one tiny act not only calmed me but it also saved me.

Maybe Jack can help me rediscover my long lost abilities? He controls an element, just like me. All this time I thought I was a freak of nature. That I didn't belong in this world and I could never have friends or love anyone because of it.

Jack, he's the same as me. Even though I'm still mortal, I can't wait to spent every second of my life with him. I can't wait for him to teach me how you use the ice elements of my powers. I love him and owe him my life. So it's my life I'm will repay him with. It's his to keep.

I had not given any thought to it, but Jack and I had found ourselves staring deep into each others eyes. The smiles still on our faces.

'You kissed me.' I stated in an almost chuckling voice. 'Yes I did.' He replied confidently.

'I hope you don't mind.... But I would really like to do it again, but for a bit longer this time. Please?' Jack asked sweetly while I raised an eyebrow at him.

'How could I refuse when you asked so nicely.' I said as the gap between us began to close.

We tilted our faces and our lips met, but didn't touch. We were hovering just millimetres away from each other. Taking in a breath I closed my eyes and slowly leaned forwards, making our lips finally touch.

For a moment in time, nothing mattered and everything stopped as we pressed our lips together. The tin roof where Jack's feet were resting instantly froze over and a soft cool breeze danced around the both of us. The bright moon happily watching us from it's place high in the star filled sky.

I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck, making the kiss deepen. I could feel one of Jack's hands as it caressed my neck, slowing sliding up to my flushed cheek. His hand was cold at first, until it made its way to my cheek. After that all I felt was the intense warmth radiating off my skin. Jack's other had was gently rubbing my back, pulling me in for a tighter embrace.

I felt him slightly smile against my lips and it sent a cold shiver down my spine. The sensation was absolutely amazing. It gave me goosebumps and for the amount of passion that was being used in this kiss, I'm sure he had them too.

I'm not sure how long we had our lips locked together but it would have been at fairly long time. When we did eventually pull away from each other, we were both breathless.

A moment like that doesn't just end, it lingers. I could feel the sensation of his cold breath mixing with my warm breath, almost making steam between the tiny gap of our touching faces.

'Wow' Jack whispered while resting his forehead against mine.

'As far as first kisses go, that would have had to been the best.' I sighed while relaxing into his arms.

'Yeah, you're telling me' Jack said with a chuckle.

'Was that your first kiss too? But you were so good!' I said while playing with a strand of his frosty white hair.

'Aww thanks. Yeah it was and I was worried about how I did. Actually you know, you're the first teenager that's ever be able to see me.' He said while caressing my face.

'What do ya mean?' I asked curiously while leaning back a little so I could see his whole face clearly, but not enough to make any real noticeable distance between us.

'Guardians can only be seen by children who believe. When a kid stops believing, I become invisible to them. Every teenager that I have ever met in the whole 302 years of my spirit life has walked strait through me.' Jack explained while sounding a little sad. But he perked right up when I softly kissed him on the cheek, making his already blushing cheeks turn a deeper shade of pink.

I'll definitely be doing that from now on. He's reaction is soo cute.

'Don't worry Jack, you've got me now, I will always be able to see ya.' I said while tightly hugging him.

I yawned while rubbing my eyes like a small sleepy child, and right on cue Jack yawned a couple seconds after. It's funny seeing the link work right in front of you.

'It's been a long day. All that running around, I'm exhausted.' I told Jack, hoping I would be curled up in bed, with him by my side cuddling me until I fall asleep.

I don't want this moment to end and I don't want to him to go. I want him to say. He makes me feel safe and loved. I can forget about everything that's hurt me when he's around.

The peacefulness of this scene was brought to an unexpected end when the sound of a loud horn broke the silence.

'Holy crap!' The both of us yelled while jumping to our feet. There was as a large cargo truck now parked in the driveway below us.

'Joey!' I yelled excitedly! 'Jack, rememba how my mum said he would be droppin in for dinna? Well, he's here!' Yelled over the sound of the loud motor of the now stationary truck.

'Well then what perfect timing to have you home.' Jack said as he carried me off the roof and down onto the driveway.

'Mum! I yell as I saw her step out of the back doorway and onto the back deck.

'Oh thank motha earth! Romanna! I was so worried!' My mother called as she ran down the back stairs and hugged me.

Mother Earth? Ok that's a new one.

'Why were you worried? I told ya I could get Jessica's present!' I said smiling ear to ear.

'Well for one, Theia is her stall and not with you! I found her roaming the back field alone! What happened?' She asked.

'She came home! Yay! Oh umm... yeah she decided to throw me when I was ridin home. She ran off and I had to walk the rest of the way back. That's why I'm late.' I told her while glancing over at Jack. He was leaning on his staff and giving me his signature smirk.

'Lucky the both of you came home safe and sound. You're not hurt, are you? Where's Jessica's present?' She asked as checked me over.

'I've hidden it and I'm fine, actually no that's an understatement. I'm bloody amazing! Neva been betta!' I said while giggling and grinning widely at her.

Jack's kiss had really gotten my blood pumping.

'Okay...' Mum chuckled. 'What's gotten into you? Why are you so happy all of a sudden? It's very unlike you Romie.' She asked while walking over to Joey who had just climbed out of his truck.

'G'day girls! I hope I'm not intrudin.' Joey said while greeting me and my mum with a hugs.

'Aww no probs, I've missed ya! Hey, ya hungry?' I ask while pulling away from his squishy hug.

'Now that ya mention it, I'm starvin! Amy, you wouldn't happen to have some of that amazin cookin of yours that I could try?' He's asked while poking my mum in the arm. Joey is only a few years older than me, him being 25 years old. But he still acts like a big kid almost 100% of the time, despite how dangerous his line of work is.

'You flatter me!' Mum replied while walking up into the house with Joey.

'Come on Jack!' I whisper while grabbing his hand and pulling him up the back stairs and into the house with me.

~~~A little while later~~~

'Romie, what happened to ya back door? And what did ya do to ya head? Ya gumby.' Joey asked from across the dinner table. Mum had made Sheppard's Pie and we were all sitting at the table eating. All except Jack who was a few meters away, eating on the couch. Not only was he invisible to mum and Joey, but the plate of food he had on his lap was also invisible.

'Umm... I tripped on that bottom step again and the door was like that when I found it.' I told him.

'Hey, are you three beautiful girlies doin anythin tomorra? It's Sundey.' Joey asked.

'Not really, I had planned on doing a bit of gardening but I think it's going to be too hot to be doing that kind of work. Why?' My mum asked.

'Well I don't mean to botha ya but I would really appreciate it if I could stay and sleep in ya spare room? My truck's outta fuel and it's too dark to attempt and refuel it. In return for letting me stay I'll fix ya back door and that back step in the mornin.' Joey asked and offered.

'Of course you can stay! You know you're always welcome. I'll go and get you a fresh towel. I had half expected you to stay, so I already cleaned that spear room and put fresh sheets on the bed.' Mum said while collecting all of our empty plates.

'Yay!' Jessica yelled when mum agreed to let Joey stay.

After dinner I said good night to everyone and retired to my bedroom.

'Jessica seems happy that Joey is staying.' Jack said while following me down the hall, to my room.

'Yeah, he's kind of like a big brother to us, so he's more than welcome to stay.' I replied while opening the door, letting us both in.

'Oooo, cool room.' Jack stated while looking around. 'Lol thanks, it's nothing really that impressive.' I said while sitting on the end of my single bed.

'Lol? Did you just say lol? Since when did you text talk?' Jack teased.

'Oi, shut up, it's just somethin I do on occasion.' I said while rolling my eyes at him.

'Oh, ok then, lol' Jack laughed continuing the joke.

'Oi! That just earned you this!' I said while punching him in the arm.

'Haha, ow! Ok, ok, I'm done' Jack said while holding his hands up in defeat.

'Ooo, a bean bag!' He said excitedly while tackling himself into it. I laughed at his silly behaviour while I walked to my wardrobe.

'Whatcha doin?' He asked, watching me as I walked past him. 'I'm gettin into my pj's and I'm also showin ya somethin.' I said while sliding back the mirrored door only to be met with four boxes.

'Oh! That's where Bunny put them!' I said while removing the presents sent from my stepfather and putting them on my desk.

'So... Romie, you don't have to answer but what's up with Jessica's dad? Why is he in the UK?' Jack asked me while attempting to stand up from the bean bag. He was having trouble, so I happily helped him up.

'Oh, Dan. Well two or three years back he was offered to do an important job in London. It was a once in a lifetime offa but he refused to go knowin we couldn't go with him. Mum eventually convinced him to take the offa and he left. He comes back home to spend Easter, Christmas and New Years with us. He also sends presents and lettas often. He really loves Jessica and mum, and I had neva thought 'bout it until now but he loves me too.' I said smiling. 'I guess I was convinced that a fatha would neva love me, so I refused believe that Dan loved me. But I can see it now. Even when I made his life stupidly hard, he still loved me. I wonda if he would still love me if he knew about my powas? Well I guess it doesn't matta since I don't have them any more.' I said as I grabbed a long sleeved flannelette shirt and matching long pants.

'Is it that you don't have them or is it you've just forgotten how to use them? An ability like that wouldn't just go away.' Jack questioned while casually lying down on the bed.

'I don't know, but I do know you're goin to help me find out. Now, I've gotta show ya somethin so don't freak out about what I'm about to do. Ok?' I warned Jack.

|

|

|

|

|

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

When Romanna first told me about her elemental powers I didn't know what to say. How was that possible! She's human! The Man in the Moon must have something to do with this. Is it because she's the sixth guardian? Was she seriously born with super powers that are destined to destroy evildoers. What kind of childhood was she supposed to have with that kind of burden?

I can't believe her own father abused her because of it. Romanna's mother was right, it is a gift and I am determined to teach her how to use it again. This is going to be so much fun!

Wait, why did she grab winter pajamas? It's really warm in here and naturally she should be grabbing a singlet and shorts or something a lot colder.

'Freak out? Why would you think I would freak out about something you're going to show me?' I asked while sitting up on the bed and crossing my legs.

She didn't reply, instead she took of her blue and blood stained shirt.

'Woah! Ahh, what are you doing!' I yelled while flailing my arms to quickly cover my eyes.

'Damn you Jack. I told ya not to freak out!' Romanna said while sitting down next to me.

'Umm...' I said still covering my eyes. Even though I really wanted to peek through my fingers and see her in her bra, I will not disrespect her like that.

Aghh! What is she doing?!

'Look' Romanna spoke while shuffling on the spot where she was sitting.

'Ah- I don't know if I should. Romie, please tell what you are doing.' I asked, stuttering a little over my words. Ok this was really awkward.

'My back. Jack, I want you to look at my back and tell me what you see.' She replied calmly.

'Umm, o-ok.' I said while slowly removing my hands from my eyes and opened them. Blinking a few times to adjust them to the light, Romanna came into focus. She was facing away from me and was holding her hair away from her back.

'Holy Man In The Moon! Is that... Oh god. Romanna, I-I'm so sorry' I said while lightly tracing my fingers along the large spiral shaped scar that was covering almost all of the skin on the centre of her back.

'He branded you.' I whispered softly, my eyes glued to the perfectly clean spiral embedded into her pail skin. It was so perfect and circular, it would have been easily mistaken for a skin coloured tattoo.

'Yeah, the pan he used had a strange metal plate in the shape of a spiral on the bottom. He burned the shape into my back.' She said while shuttering from the coldness of my fingers touching her bare back.

'You see, I can't eva forget about what happened because of this. It's nothin but a painful remind-'

'It's pretty' I said interrupting her.

'Reminda- wait what? How can you think it's pretty? It's a big ugly scar and I hate it.' She said while turning to face me properly. I had to force my eyes to stay focused on her face and not let them wander downwards towards the front of her royal blue colored bra.

It was really hard and I think I deserve a metal after this because for once I was having a lot of self control.

'Did you know that the shape of a spiral is one of the oldest in the whole world? It has a lot of different meanings, but there's a few that I'm particularly fond of.

A spiral symbolises the slow reveal of things that are being hidden. Kinda like how you had hidden your past from me and now it's been reviled, and ironically it's the same story for the scar itself.

It can also mean growth and evolution. Like how your powers will grow and evolve over the time we spend relearning them.

And my all time favourite is that they can represent people coming back to the same point in their life, but with new and better kinds of understanding. I think the Man In The Moon is the one responsible for giving you your powers. I also think being the sixth guardian has a big part in having them as well.

We don't know much now, but I know it will become more clear in future days.' I explained while watching her facial expressions.

Thank you so much Bunny for forcing me to learn all of that stuff! You were right, it has come in handy. I'm sorry I was such a pain to you when you were teaching it to me.

'Wow. Where did ya learn that?' Romanna asked, wondering whether to believe me or not.

'Don't tell anybody but two years ago I couldn't read or write. I didn't even know how to spell my own name.' I confessed to her. 'What? Really? Why couldn't you read?' Romanna asked, bewildered.

A/N

Hey guys!

So what did you think about that kiss!?

Sorry about how long this chapter is. I hope I'm not boring you.

The next part is just a continuation of this scene and then after that It's going to get even more cute and awkward.
(^//×\\^)

Sorry about any mistakes. I'll fix them when I find them.

Thanks for reading and voting!

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 712 17
I love this movie. So. Much. You have no idea. I just hope that other people, equally, love this movie. I'm sure fanfictions like this have definite...
15.3K 349 64
A Rise of the Guardians/Frozen Fanfiction He was the only friend she'd ever had. She was the first one to see him. And then he was gone. Five year...
7.5K 124 20
Alexandra Barrow was a normal girl of sixteen when she died in 1626. While saving her brother from a mountain lion, she was attacked and killed by th...
39.5K 901 6
Autumn Charm is the Guardian of Happiness. She keeps children from all over the world filled with joy and happiness and she is the Spirit of Autumn...