FAVOURITE IDIOT || P.J

By -sagemilkk

โ ๐๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐„๐•๐„ ๐ˆ๐“ ๐Ž๐‘ ๐๐Ž๐“ ๐๐”๐“ ๐˜๐Ž๐”'๐‘๐„ ๐Œ๐˜ ๐…๐€๐•๐Ž๐”๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐„ ๐ˆ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐Ž๐“. โž or sarcastic plus... More

favourite idiot
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
BOOK 2

9

3.4K 111 39
By -sagemilkk

❛ a little visit from a god ❜

THE FOUR OF THEM SAT IN A BOOTH AT A GLEAMING CHROME DINER.

The waitress came over and raised a brow skeptically, "Well?"

"We, um, we want to order dinner." Percy said

"You kids have money to pay for it?"

Grover's lips quivered, Annabeth looked like she was ready to pass out and Y/n looks like a zombie.

Then, a motorcycle came up, shaking the whole building. All conversation stopped. The cycle's headlights glared red. Its gas tank had flames painted on it, and a shotgun holster riveted to either side. They guy on the bike dressed in a red muscle shirt and black jeans and leather duster.

He wore red wraparound shades and had the cruelest, most brutal face ever. When he came in a gust of hot, dry wind blew through the place.

The waitress blinked. She asked them again, "You kids have money for it?"

Y/n was about to open her mouth before the biker said, "It's on me." he slid into their booth, squishing Annabeth and Grover.

He looked to the waitress who was gaping at him, "Are you still here?" She turned and marched back towards the kitchen.

The guy gave Percy a wicked grin, "So you're old Seaweed's kid huh?"

"What's it to you?"

Annabeth's eyes flashed him a warning, "Percy, this is—"

Y/n didn't care. She hated him because of how much he reminded her of the guy her mom had married.

The biker raised his hand, "S'okay. I don't mind a little attitude. Long as you remember who's the boss. You know who I am little cousin?"

Percy thought about it before saying, "You're Clarisse's dad. Ares, god of war."

Ares grinned and took of his shades. His eyes were replaced by fire, "That's right punk." he turned his head to Y/n who was playing with her rings, "Ah. Aphrodite's daughter. I've heard about you. You and your siblings all look like your mom. Anyways, I heard you broke Clarisse's spear."

"She was asking for it."

"Probably. That's cool. I don't fight my kids' fights, you know? What I'm here for—I heard you were in town. I got a little proposition for you."

The waitress came back with heaping trays of food. Ares handed her a few gold drachmas. She looked nervously at the coins, "But these aren't..."

He pulled a huge knife and started cleaning his fingernails, "You got a problem sweetheart?"

The waitress swallowed, then left with the gold.

"You can't do that." Y/n said, "You can't just threaten people with a knife."

Ares laughed, "Are you kidding? I love this country. Best place since Sparta. Don't you carry a weapon? You should. Dangerous world out there. Which brings me to my proposition. I need you to do me a favour."

"What favour could I do for a god?" Percy questioned.

"Something a god doesn't have time to do himself. It's nothing much. I left my shield at an abandoned water park here in town. I was going on a little...date with my girlfriend."

Y/n choked on her chocolate shake, wiping her mouth with a tissue.

"We were interrupted. I left my shield behind. I want you to fetch it for me."

"Why don't you go back and get it yourself?"

"Why don't I turn you into prairie dog and run you over with my Harley? Because I don't feel like it. A god is giving you an opportunity to prove yourself, Percy Jackson. Will you prove yourself a coward?" He leaned forwards, "Or maybe you only fight when there's a river to dive into, so your daddy can protect you."

"We're not interested. We've already got a quest."

Ares's fiery eyes glowed hotter, "I know all about your quest, punk. When that item was first stolen, Zeus sent his best out looking for it: Apollo, Athena, Artemis and me, naturally. If I couldn't sniff out a weapon so powerful..." he licked his lips, "Well..if I couldn't find it, you got no hope. Nevertheless, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Your dad and I go way back. After all, I'm the one who told him my suspicions about old Corpse Breath."

"You told him Hades stole the bolt?"

"Sure. Framing somebody to start a war. Oldest trick in the book. I recognized it immediately. In a way, you got me to thank for your little quest."

"Thanks." Percy grumbled. Y/n clenched her fist. She couldn't stand this guy.

"Hey, I'm a generous guy. Just do my little job, and I'll help you on your way. I'll arrange a ride west for you and your friends."

"We're doing fine on our own."

"Yeah, right. No money. No wheels. No clue what you're up against. Help me out and maybe I'll tell you something you need to know. Something about your mom."

"My mom?"

He grinned, "That got your attention. The water park is a mile west on Delancy. You can't miss it. Look for the Tunnel of Love ride."

"What interrupted your date?" Y/n asked, "Something scare you off?"

"You really have your mother's attitude ya know? And I guess a little bit of that scum bag she married. I don't know him though" Everyone stared at Y/n who glared at Ares. Annabeth and Grover were surprised to see Percy's face, glaring as well.

Ares raised a brow, "I'll meet you back here when you're done. Don't disappoint me." he then disappeared in the blink of an eye.

"Not good." Grover said, "Ares sought you out Percy. This is not good."

"It's probably some kind of trick. Forget Ares. Let's just go."

"We can't." Y/n sighed, "Look, I hate Ares as much as anybody, but you don't ignore the gods unless you want serious bad fortune. He wasn't kidding about turning you into a rodent."

"But why does he need us?"

"Maybe it's a problem that requires brains." Annabeth said, "Ares has strength. That's all he has. Even strength has to bow down to wisdom sometimes."

"But this water park..he acted almost scared. What would make a war god run away like that?"

Y/n glanced at her friends nervously, "I'm afraid we'll have to find out."

𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

THE SUN WAS SINKING BEHIND MOUNTAINS AND THE MAIN GATE WAS PADLOCKED AND TOPPED WITH BARBED WIRE.

Inside, huge dry waterslides and tubes and pipes curled everywhere, leading to empty pools.

"If Ares brings his girlfriend here for a date," Percy looked at the wire, "I'd hate to see what she looks like."

Annabeth and Grover widened their eyes, looking at Y/n. She smirked, shaking her head.

"Percy," Annabeth warned, "Be more respectful."

"Why? I thought you hated Ares."

"He's still a god," Y/n leans close, "And his girlfriend is very temperamental."

"You don't want to insult her looks." Grover added.

"Who is she? Echidna?"

"No" Y/n shook her head, smiling crazy, "My mom."

Percy's jaw dropped. He stuttered, trying to apologize, "Oh my gods—I-I'm so sorry Y/n. I promise I didn't mean it! I mean-I—"

Y/n bursted out laughing, her friends joining, "Percy, shut up! It's fine you idiot. I told Annabeth and Grover to play along."

He looked to his friends who smiled before he rolled his eyes.

"Not to mention—she's the goddess of love." Grover said a little dreamily.

"Urgh, gross! Don't fall in love with my mom!"

"I thought she was married to somebody" Percy said, "Hephaestus."

"What's your point?" Grover asked. Y/n shrugged.

"Oh. So how do we get in?"

"Maia!" Grover's shoes sprouted wings. He flew over the wire and did an unintended somersault midair, then stumbled to a landing on the opposite side. He dusted off his jeans, "You coming?"

The three demigods climbed the old-fashioned way, holding the barbed wire for each other. No monsters came to get them.

They found a souvenir shop that had been left open. Merchandise still lined the shelves with stuff like—

"Clothes." Y/n smiled, "Fresh clothes."

"Yeah," Percy scoffed, "But you can't just—"

"Watch me."  she snatched an entire row of clothes, looking through and trying stuff with Annabeth. A few minutes later, Annabeth came out in a Waterland flower-print shorts, a big red t-shirt and surf shoes.

Y/n was able to find a jacket in the changing room and wore it over her Y/f/c waterland t-shirt. She wore shorts matching her coloured shirt and a backpack slung over her shoulder with more goodies.

"What the heck" Grover shrugged.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.3K 2.6K 56
On this spring day, tell me you love me. Otherwise, it'll be gone with the winter winds. FEM!OC / Percy Jackson ...
32.2K 1.4K 32
๐ŸŒท "We're Greek, Percy. We're all born with tragedy in our blood. It's those who learn to accept it and stay true to themselves who are heroes." Th...
6.8K 254 12
โ™† ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ช๐‘ฏ ๐‘ท๐’†๐’“๐’„๐’š ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ช๐’†๐’„๐’† ๐‘ฑ๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ๐’”๐’๐’ ๐’‡๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’†๐’๐’‘๐’๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’š ๐’…๐’Š๐’…๐’'๐’• ๐’†๐’™๐’‘๐’†๐’„๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๏ฟฝ...
7K 150 8
๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ๐ฐ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ฑ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ!๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ โ ๐ข ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ โž ๐˜/๐ง ๐ƒ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐จ๐ง ๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ซ...