Devil Within

By symphiel

Izuku Midoriya walks in on his classmates performing a ritual to summon The Devil and unintentionally gets po... More

Chapter I - Ritual
Chapter II - Discordant
Chapter III - Wicked Games
Chapter V - Exorcizamus

Chapter IV - Counterfeit

46 4 0
By symphiel

Overall, Aizawa Shouta was not having a good day. First of all, he hated school trips and the one thing that got him through the pain was caffeine.

Unfortunately, he did not even get a single sip of his latte before a few of his students sought him out, swiftly persued by an angry mother who threatened to sue Yuuei for the mistreatment of her son.

Then, to make matters worse, another of his students had almost been charged for theft and he had to make a few calls to get that sorted out.

Finally, to top his day off, he heard word that two of his students were fighting in public and apparently trying to kill each other. One of them had a sprained shoulder and the other...well, Aizawa was currently in the middle of trying to figure that one out.

Midoriya and Bakugou were in Yuuei's medical ward with Recovery Girl whilst the remainder of Class 1-A waited in their form room, under their teacher's order.

As it was the weekend, no one else was in the school.

Bakugou had been treated by Recovery Girl and was told to rest for a while to regain his stamina. Midoriya was still unconscious, lying in the hospital bed next to his classmate's. It was unclear why he had fainted but after a checkup, Recovery Girl confirmed that he appeared to be perfectly healthy.

Aizawa quietly opened the door to the medical room and slipped inside, seeing that his two students were still resting. He held a new cup of steaming-hot coffee in his hand as his previous drink had gone cold hours ago. Shuuzenji glanced over her shoulder at him then turned her attention back to her computer screen as she filled out forms.

"How are they doing?" Aizawa asked.

"They're fine, just resting. When Bakugou wakes up, you need to make sure he doesn't use his right arm too much. I've healed most of the damage but it'll still take some time to heal completely."

"I'll try to convince him."

Recovery Girl let out a small sigh. "Why is it always those two."

"Because they're the main characters."

"I can't argue with that."

Without warning, Bakugou shot up in bed, snarling viciously, "Where's that damn nerd!" His head snapped to the side as he spotted Midoriya asleep on the bed. Before he could make a move, Aizawa had wrapped his binding cloth around him.

"Bakugou, don't," Aizawa warned. "Lay off your arm for a while so you don't make it worse."

"But Deku—!"

"I need to speak with him to figure out what's going on but I can hardly do that if he's laying in pieces everywhere. He'll be punished for his actions but we can't be too hasty."

Bakugou grumbled in response, scowling.  He untangled himself from the cloth then looked down at his arm, turning it around as he assessed it. After a moment, he mumbled, "Deku said something to me." He clenched his fist, "He said some crap about being a demon or some shit. Whatever that means. And his eyes were black and glowing red. He looked like a freak." Glancing at Aizawa with a serious expression he seemed almost hesitant, but he continued, "He threatened to kill my parents if I told anyone that." He shook his head, pointing sharply at the sleeping boy, "Whatever that is, that's not Deku!"

Aizawa's brows furrowed and he pinched his chin, worry settling in. It was hard to believe his student's words but if Bakugou was one thing, he was not a liar. He had no reason to. Additionally, Aizawa had seen Midoriya's gleeful expression as he injured Bakugou's arm. Midoriya was anything but a sadist so it was safe to assume that they were either dealing with a shapeshifting Quirk like Toga's or Midoriya himself was being influenced by a Quirk. The glowing eyes only confirmed this further. He hoped the League of Villains were not involved. Although on the other hand, no matter the cause, it could not be good. What puzzled Aizawa the most was him calling himself a demon. Was it code for something? Some sort of joke? A villain name?

"I'll contact some of the Yuuei staff to get some insight on what to do in this situation. I can also request to post some heroes outside your parents' house for the time being, just as an extra safety precaution." He crossed his arms, "For now, I want you to go to the form room, where the rest of your class are. Wait for me there while I make some calls. And don't even think about protesting," Aizawa added when Bakugou opened his mouth. He received a dirty look but the boy didn't complain.

The teacher left the room, followed shortly by Recovery Girl as she went to print off some more forms, for plot convenience. Bakugou shot one last glare at Midoriya before pushing himself off his bed and putting his shoes on. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he walked to the door.

"Kacchan...?"

Bakugou jumped and spun around to see Midoriya sitting up, squinting his eyes at him. "You!" He growled.

Midoriya blinked then his eyes widened and he scrambled out of his bed, rushing over to him. "Kacchan, you need to help me!" He pleaded, his expression fearful and desperate.

"Get off me!" Bakugou forcefully pushed him away. "I know you're not Deku so quit the act already!"

"N-no! You're right! B-but this time it's me! Please believe me!" Midoriya cried out, body trembling. "You need to figure out how to stop it! It's going to—!" His sentence was cut off as he hissed and clutched at his head, doubling over.

"The Hell is going on now?" Bakugou demanded.

Midoriya's body relaxed and he straightened his posture, gazing at the ground with a vacant expression. He blinked and glanced up at Bakugou, narrowing his eyes and giving him a sly smile, "That was close."

Bakugou tensed. He yelled in annoyance, "So you were just faking it again?"

Midoriya shrugged casually, disregarding his question. "As I was saying, I'm going to...get something from the vending machine. Ciao," he patted Bakugou's right shoulder as he stepped around him, who jolted away at the touch. "Oopsie! Was that your poorly arm? My bad." He chuckled lightly.

"Bastard!" Bakugou angrily started towards him.

"Katsuki." Midoriya said, pausing with his hand on the door handle. "Remember what I said I'd do if you didn't keep my secret?" He turned his body to see that Bakugou had frozen in place and he smiled sweetly, masking his malicious gaze behind it. "I do hope, for your sake, that you didn't tell anyone." And with that, he left Bakugou alone in the room.

Striding cheerfully down the hallway, Midoriya reached the vending machine and analysed its contents. He glanced around before grabbing the sides of the machine and shaking it. After a while, a can of corn soup fell and he took it out. He frowned, "That's not what I wanted." Punching the glass, he took out a cup of ramen and dropped the corn soup, smiling happily, "Yay." His expression dropped when he heard his name being called, recognising Bakugou's agitated voice. Sighing, he mumbled, "That dimwit just doesn't know when to leave someone alone, does he. He will learn his lesson soon enough."

Midoriya slipped around the corner and went searching for a kettle. He halted when he came across Class 1-A's form room. He could hear heated voices and his name even cropped up. He opened the door and peeked in before stepping inside and waving, "Hi~!" His classmates dropped their conversation immediately and turned to stare at him. He could sense a mixture of fear, some anger and a lot of confusion in the room.

"Wow. I really know how to brighten up a room when I walk in, huh?" He joked facetiously. Everyone remained silent and Midoriya pouted before moving to take his usual seat, feeling everyone's eyes bore into his back. Sitting cross-legged in his chair, he shuffled to face his classmates. "Does anyone know where I could find a kettle around here?"

"What do you need a kettle for...?" Todoroki questioned, his voice holding uncertainty.

Midoriya smirked, "Why?" He held up his cup, "To make my ramen, of course!"

The room went silent again and Midoriya leaned back in his seat, dropping his cheerful act. "If you want to say something, then say it."

Shinsou admitted bluntly, "We think there's something wrong with you."

"Shinsou-kun!" Iida chastised, who shrugged at him.

Yaoyorozu awkwardly said, "What he means is...you've been acting out of character and we're worried about you, Midoriya-kun."

"Indeed," Iida continued. "The way you treated that boy at the arcade was out of order."

Jirou added, "And we know you slipped that ring in Yaomomo's bag to get her in trouble."

"Plus," Ashido said, "You never talk to Bakugou-kun like that."

"You've been really rude as well," Kirishima stated. "Not manly at all."

Hagakure muttered, "I told everyone what you said to me during our fight on Monday."

Midoriya lowered his gaze to look at his lap, green hair falling over his eyes. A giggle bubbled up from his throat and his head shot up, a crazed expression taking a hold of his face. Everyone visibly shrunk away, tensing up. "Who are you to tell me how to act? Can I not be myself?"

"But you're not being yourself. You're acting like a totally different person," Uraraka said, voice quavering.

"So you don't think I'm Midoriya Izuku, huh?" The class exchanged an uncertain glance.

"That's not what I meant—!" Uraraka's words caught in her throat as Midoriya raised an unconvinced brow. She fidgeted with her fingers, "Can I ask you a question, then?"

"Go ahead."

"How did we first meet?"

"Why, at school, of course."

"Yeah, but—What happened exactly?"

He shrugged, "Y'know, we just introduced ourselves and stuff."

Uraraka pursed her lips. She explained, "You tripped over and I used my Quirk to stop you from falling on your face. Then I thought your name was Deku because that's what Bakugou-kun called you and you told me I could call you that."

Midoriya wafted a hand, "You can't expect me to remember something as insignificant as that."

A hurt expression flashed across Uraraka's face, "Deku-kun would remember."

Midoriya tilted his head, leaning forwards as if intrigued, "And what's that supposed to mean? Are you insinuating something, Ochako?"

The door flung open and Bakugou stormed inside, "Where is it?!" His eyes locked with Midoriya's, "There you are, filth!"

Midoriya hummed, holding a disappointed yet smug expression. "That's rather dehumanising, is it not?"

"That's because you're not human," Bakugou spat.

Sero frowned, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Aizawa appeared at the door, relaxing slightly when he found Midoriya but he was not about to let his guard down. "Midoriya, I need you to come with me."

"No, thanks."

"What?"

He stood up, resting his palms against his desk, "I said 'no'. Must I spell it out for you?" He straightened and held his arms behind his back, wandering to the front of the room. "We were having an interesting conversation. Katsuki was just about to give away my secret." He faced the window before turning to Bakugou, gesturing to the class, "Please, continue."

Bakugou scrutinised him, hatred practically emanating from him. All eyes were on him, waiting for him to fill them in.

"He's a demon."

Everyone blinked.

"Hah?" Kaminari blurted.

"You mean...an actual demon? Like...from Hell?" Ojirou asked.

"Don't be absurd. Demons don't exist," Iida said.

"Is that so?" Midoriya asked bemusedly. He looked at Aizawa, "Use your Quirk on me." The teacher was taken aback by the request but he complied, his eyes glowing and hair drifting. Midoriya smiled, "Then how do you explain this." He disappeared from view like someone switching off a TV. Everyone glanced around in surprise, trying to locate him.

"Right here~" he chimed and the class swung around to see him standing behind them, waving merrily.

"How did you do that?" Hagakure demanded.

"I used the Force," Midoriya sniggered. "Wait, I can actually do that, see." He raised his arm and all the desks were pushed with an invisible force, sending them flying into the edges of the room. Some people had to jump to dodge.

Iida gaped, "Inconceivable."

"There's no way this can be possible!" Kirishima exclaimed in disbelief.

"Well you'd better start believing it!" Midoriya grinned widely, his eyes turning black and irises glowing red. A few people gasped at his appearance.

"So...You really are a demon..." Yaoyorozu uttered in fear.

"How did this happen?" Asui asked.

The demon chuckled, glancing at a few certain people. "There are four students in this room who can answer that question for you, Tsu."

Shinsou, Tokoyami, Jirou and Kaminari froze as the realisation hit them. They summoned the demon. This was their fault. Everyone else just looked around in confusion at his words.

"Don't worry," he continued. "I won't expose you. It's the least I can do for your service. But I will say that I had help getting here. Demons need a vessel to be able to come to Earth, you see. Izuku was the perfect fit. I suppose you could say he was in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"S-so we were right...You're not Midoriya-kun," Kouda said quietly. The demon only smiled wickedly in response.

"Kero. Can you at least let us know if Midoriya-chan is alright?" Asui asked and everyone else nodded in agreement.

"He's fine. Safely tucked away up here," he tapped at his head.

"Can he see what's happening," Ashido queried.

Midoriya shrugged, "Perhaps."

"In the medical room," Bakugou glared at him. "Was that Deku or you."

"Oh, that was actually him. You see, when I fell unconcious at the shopping centre, that was just me dipping out because I was too lazy to deal with your tedious human morals. But that left the, let's call it the driver's seat, empty and Izuku managed to reclaim it for a moment. But~then I took it back from him and watched his only hope fall out of reach. He was going to warn you of my plans; I couldn't have that now could I?" A sadistic grin stretched Midoriya's lips across his face, "He came so close but you just couldn't believe him. Maybe he could have saved you if you'd just listened to him." Bakugou's eyes widened and the demon continued its monologue, "You know, I've been posing as Izuku for days now and none of you even knew until I slammed it in your faces! Hahaha! You humans would have never found out if I hadn't purposely given myself away! What great friends you are. I'll admit, I was a bit off the first day, especially when I attacked Tooru. But can you really blame me? That was my first day back on Earth after...at least a century or two, so it took me a moment to adjust to my new host and this era." His unsettling eyes lingered on each person in the room, "You should feel ashamed of yourselves. Izuku has been possessed by a fricking demon and nobody even noticed! He's been suffering! Not able to do anything while you just carried on with your lives! You should feel disgusted by yourselves." Guilt nagged at the class as they absorbed his words.

"Anyway, I'm bored now. How about we play a game? It's called 'try not to die'!" A katana appeared out of nowhere in Midoriya's hand and he skillfully swung it around himself, smiling like a madman. "Ready? Let's play!" He appeared in the middle of the group in the blink of an eye and swung his katana around, grazing Sato and Ashido before they could leap away. Kirishima reacted quickly and hardened his skin, grasping the katana before it could hit anyone else. The demon looked displeased but not surprised. "I wonder. Do your eyes also harden, Eijirou?" He thrust the sword forwards and it slipped in Kirishima's hand, the tip hitting his eye. The boy yelped and jumped back, clutching his face. Midoriya's eyes widened with glee for a moment but his smile slipped from his face when Kirishima dropped his hand and grinned toothily.

"Yeah. They do." He knocked the katana out of the demon's grasp and tried to punch it but it dodged.

"Wait a moment," Aizawa held his hand up and his students paused. "Midoriya, can you hear me? You can fight this—" He was cut off by the demon's guffaw.

"Midoriya can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message," it smiled snarkily.

Uraraka cried out, "Deku-kun! You're strong enough to fight back! Don't let it control you!"

Rolling his eyes, Midoriya tilted his head, "Are you done? I'd like to show off my party trick." Lifting his arms, he balled his hands and one of the windows shattered. Rather than falling to the ground, the broken shards hovered in the air. The sharp edges spun slowly to face the classroom. "Time for a little redecoration," he bared his teeth as he grinned psychotically.

"Everyone out!" Aizawa yelled and pushed the nearest students towards the door. They all lurched for the exit, though only a few made it out before the shards shot towards them like bullets...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 605 29
Izuku Midoriya is a young hero-in-training, ready to become the real deal. But what happens when a villain attempts to twist his fate? Can he resis...
138K 4.1K 22
" He's something perfect with more bloodlust! Isn't that right our little devil?" *******************************************************************...
127K 3.6K 33
[COMPLETE✔] Katsuki X Fem!Izuku __________________ Midoriya had lost her memories when she was a kid but Bakugou never knew about this. After Bakugou...
202K 4.2K 22
MidoriyaXUraraka Villain Fanfiction Based off the story and characters from the manga and anime Boku No Hero Academia by Horikoshi. I don't own any o...