His perfect match

By DarcaSabrina

A story in which Benedict Bridgerton finds his perfect match Season one writen in november of 2021 edited in... More

introduction
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty one
epilogue

Chapter twenty

5.3K 86 6
By DarcaSabrina

Alexandra's P.O.V.

Today I am again at the Bridgerton House together with Annabel. Violet, Benedict and I are discussing over the wedding. Benny and I have decided to wait a till after the season to marry which will be in three weeks. This will probably be the longest three weeks in my life. The planning goes fast. Neither of us will have a big wedding just the most important people in our life. Just one question spins around in my head. Should I invite my uncle and cousins? I am not sure about this.

I have spaced out but get pulled back by my fiancé: "Lexi is everything okay? Are you unsure about our wedding?" He asks me with a worried expression.

"What of course not. You are the perfect man for me. Never think about this ever again. No I just have thought about my uncle and cousins. I think it would be impolite not to invite them but I also think that they not have deserved to get invited. What do you think Benny, Violet? I don't want to throw a bad light on your family."

"Dear. First of all you are now part of our family. Second this will be your and my sons day. You two must do what feels right for you." Violet comforts me.

"My mother is right Lexi. This will be our day and we don't let it get ruined by the people of the ton or your uncle. I will support your decision, no matter how you decide." His words make me to the luckiest woman of the world. I am not quite sure what I have done to deserve such a great man in my life.

"Maybe we should invite them just for the reception. After all they are blood relation with me."

We have planned other things for the big day as Anthony walks in the drawing room we are sitting at the moment. He greeted us all and sits down beside his mother.

"What are you doing?" Anthony asks.

"We are planning Alex's and my wedding brother." Benedict answers him.

"Of course. Have you both already decided where you will live?" Anthony asks in our direction.

Benedict turns his face to me and says: "Actually we have not talked about it yet."

"Have I never told you that I own a cottage? I have lived there with my father till his death and it was always my dream to live with my husband there. Certainly just when you are okay with that." The last part came out a bit worried.

"It will be my pleasure to live there with my beautiful wife. Where is it located?"

"Only about an hour from here. We won't be too far away from our families but we will still have our silence and privacy." I whisper the last part to him.

He must chuckle about my words and says: "I would like to see it before our wedding, when that's possible?"

"Of course. We can go now when you will and have time. But I must warn you, no one was there since my father died. I am not sure how clean it will be."

Benedict's P.O.V

We have shortly left after her invitation to visit our future home. It feels surreal to call it our home.

The ride was indeed not longer than one hour. So now Lexi and me, as well as her maid, stay in front of a beautiful cottage. The garden was also very pretty but also a little overgrown. In the centre of the garden stands a sweet pavilion.

A/N Yup I have built the house in Sims 4. I have mention like this but you also can imagine as you want.

I am still marvelling at the garden and the cottage when a hand pulls me to the property in the direction of the pavilion.

"I loved it here. Every time Henry came to us for a visit, we have painted together her in this pavilion. We could to this also when we live her together." She says as we reached there with a hopeful gaze.

I must laugh at her lovely face. She is really the most beautiful woman on this planet and I'm lucky to have her by my side.

"I would love that my sweet Lexi." She smiles at me and grapes again my hand.

"Come on. I will show you around inside also when it will be a bit dusty." Her face adorns an excited expression.

She pulls me to the front door so tight that I'm glad that my shoulder is still in place. We walk together inside with her maid behind us. Now we are standing in the entrance hallway. I can see that the house is not as luxurious as my current home but I still love it.

"This is the drawing room but we have always called it living room." She told me as she steps through the first door.

The room looks comfortable. There stands a sofa and some side tables which all have withe sheets over them. The room has one window and a chimney. Over the chimney is a picture of a women and a man. I assume it are Lexis parents because the woman in the picture looks a lot like her. As if she could read my mind she says: "This are my parents. I love this painting of them since I was a kid. I think you can see the love they had shared." A small tear roles down her cheek, I wish it away.

"You look a lot like her." I told her.

"Thank you. Let's go further into the house. There is a lot to see."

Alex shows me all around the house. After the living room comes the dining room. It is a very simple room with a big dining table arounded with chairs. Also in this room all the furniture where covert by sheets. The walls look a bit plain light blue with a wooden dado but that leaves us room for our artworks. (A/N dado means the under decorative part on a wall. most they are wooden. google dado architecture if you want to know more)

The kitchen is very standard I think. I wasn't really in a lot kitchens in my life.

On the first floor was also a bedroom which Alex told me, was used as a guestroom at the time she lived here.

The second floor has a total of three rooms. The largest one was the bedroom her parents respectively her father's room. One of the other two rooms was an office, the other was also a bedroom. All the rooms are rather simple furnished but I like it. The face of my sweet Lexi holds so many emotions. It changes from happy to cheerful but also to sadness. This house must hold a lot of memories over her father and since she wasn't her since his death, they all hit her at once.

"So I will show you know the last floor. It was always mine as child. I had always my peace up there. It was my own little kingdom" She leads me upstairs.

I immediately understand why this was her kingdom. The room was empty except for a lot of paint splatter on the floor and the walls. Assuming that this was her workspace makes me chuckle.

"Yes I know. My father wasn't very blessed with the paint everywhere but Henry could calm him down. He said that an artist needs his free space to act out artistically."

"Did you father and Sir Granville have a close relationship?" I must think back to the night I was at his party and have seen him and Lord Wetherby in a rather close physical activity.

"Yes they had. He has trusted him the most among everybody else. This is the reason why he wanted that I stay with Henry. I am not sure if I have mentioned that Henry is my art teacher since I was six. So he and my father had spent a lot of time together."

The way she talks, I presume she knows but I am not quite sure.

"Sir Granville and Lord Wetherby seemed to have also the same close relationships. Isn't it?"

"Ah you know about Henry and Lord Wetherby. Yes indeed they had the same close relationship as my father and him. Is this a problem for you?" I can hear the worried tone in her voice in the last words.

"Hmn. I need a little time to think about this matter. I mean it is really not acceptable in the society." I can see the worries in her eyes while her smile faded.

"I'm just kidding my love. It is not my problem what they to behind closed doors." I make a small pause before I blurt out with a question that came in my mind. "You don't want an agreement like Sir Granville and his wife, right?"

"Don't be silly. You are the only person I want in my life like that." With that she came towards me and press her lips on mine. It was a long and passionate kiss. As we pull apart we are both breathing heavy.

Alex's can recover faster than me and walks to the last door on the attic.

"This room could be ours if you are okay with that. It was mine. We could have here our bedroom and every morning we can just walk a couple of steps and begin making art together."

"This is a wonderful idea love."

Alexandra's P.O.V.

After Benedict and I have visited the cottage, I have begun to look for servants. We have both agreed, that we don't need much staff, just some for the most necessary tasks like cooking and cleaning. Annabel will also come with us. She will stay in the guestroom of the cottage what makes me very happy. She is now my maid for four years and was always there for me. She is older than me by two years and unmarried. I hope she will also find her perfect match like I have.

Beside from looking for servants I have also a wedding to plan. I'm so thankful for Violets help. Without her I would have no clue where I had should started. Together with her and Benedict we have finally settled anything for the wedding, which will be placed two days after the last ball of the season by the duke and duchess of Hastings. As I said anything is settled. Anything besides my wedding gown which is Genevieve Delacroix business to do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.8K 19
๐“”๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“˜ ๐“ช๐“ถ ๐“ฎ๐”๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“˜ ๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ผ๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๏ฟฝ...
8.2K 415 10
Elizabeth Windsor and Anthony Bridgerton despise each other with a passion, but a turn of events lands them to form an agreement. They would help one...
12.6K 637 23
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท๐‘ซ๐‘จ๐’€๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฏ๐‘ปโญ‘.เณƒเฟ *๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ:.๏ฝก..๏ฝก.:๏พŸ::โœผโœฟ - โœฟโœผ:๏พŸ:.๏ฝก..๏ฝก.:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ* ๐’๐ˆ๐Œ๐Ž๐ ๐๐€๐’๐’๐„๐“, the irresistible Duke of Hastings, has hatched a plan to...
918K 27.5K 65
metanoia /หŒmษ›tษ™หˆnษ”ษชษ™/ noun change in one's way of life resulting from penitence or spiritual conversion. In which the passionate Bridgerton sister...