The Master of Dragons

By justanotherfangirlst

Daniella Garmadon always thought that her life would be spent living in her little brother's shadow. But dest... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Journal Entry 1
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 10

275 13 6
By justanotherfangirlst

       Daniella leapt over the rubble as Lotus followed close behind. She could hear the people of the village screaming and running towards the Great Library on a parallel street. Daniella pulled her mask up over her nose as she neared the corner. She peered around the corner at the devastating scene in front of her. The wall had been blasted from the outside and standing in the hole was a creature as black as night. Smoke rose from it's form as it slowly let it's gaze sweep across the wreckage. Daniella leaned back from the corner and tried to think of a plan. She had not seen a demon like this one and she didn't know the best way to attack. She looked down at Lotus, who was standing right next to her legs.

"Do you have any ideas?" she whispered. Lotus looked up and shook her head.

"Awesome. Trial and error it is," Daniella mumbled to herself. She took a deep breath and rounded the corner.

      She watched the demon as she slowly walked into the demon's line of sight, keeping her staff at the ready. The demon turned and looked at her, growling. Daniella eyed it as she stopped in front of it. She held her staff in front of her and prepared herself.

"I don't know if you can understand me or not, but you are not welcome here. I am only going to ask you once to leave," Daniella declared as Lotus moved to stand behind Daniella, growing to her full height. The demon laughed.

"Young human, you are not in the position to make such demands. I will enjoy tearing you and your pet apart," the demon chuckled as it unsheathed it's claws.

"Fine then, fighting it is," Daniella said, twirling her staff in front of her.

      The demon to a few steps forward as Daniella did the same. Lotus growled, sinking her head low, preparing to strike. The demon smirked before launching itself towards Daniella. Both Daniella and Lotus moved to opposite sides, avoiding the attack. The smoke billowed off the demon's shoulders as it looked around for it's missing prey. Daniella watched as the smoke slowly dissipated off it's body. She backed up a step as the demon turned around for another attack. She narrowed her eyes as she prepared to dodge another attack. The demon flung itself at her in a rage as she successfully dodged another attack.

"You'll have to fight me soon enough little girl. You can't win a battle without dodging," the demon hissed, turning around. Lotus looked from the demon to Daniella, silently agreeing. There was no way to win without a fight.

"Dancing around the battlefield isn't going to make this guy go away," Lotus added.

"I know, I know," Daniella muttered, tightening her grip again.

"Just hit it!" Lotus urged, tripping the demon with her tail. Daniella lunged forwards and swung her staff towards the demon's chest. Daniella gasped as her staff went straight through the demon's form. She hit the ground, groaning as she rolled over to face her opponent.

"You really thought that the Staff of Light would touch me? You really are a fledgling, aren't you?" the demon asked as it's body slowly melded back together. Daniella took a quick glance at her staff before scrambling to get to her feet.

      She could feel her heart hammering in her chest as the demon continued to stalk forwards. She really thought that it would work, like the last demon that had attacked her. Daniella could feel her chest tightening with the anxiety of not winning. This was going to be the end of her. She was going to fail everyone. She leapt out of the path of the demon's claws, feeling them whiz past her face. Daniella backed away from her attacker, tripping on a brick that had been blown off the wall. She scrambled backwards, trying to put as much space between her and the demon as possible. Daniella was gasping for air as if she was drowning.

      Lotus growled when she heard Daniella start gasping. Even though Lotus didn't know why Daniella was gasping, she felt the urge to protect Daniella with every ounce of her being. Lotus leapt from one side of the battlefield to the other, landing right behind Daniella. Daniella looked as Lotus lowered her head down, ears flattened to her skull.

"Oh how cute! The lizard is protecting her owner. Too bad there won't be much to protect when I'm done with you," the demon tantalized.

      Daniella grabbed her gi, right above her heart and tried to think of a plan to defeat the demon and make it out alive. Lotus snarled as she watched the demon come closer. The demon took two more steps before Lotus went on the defensive. Without warning, Lotus unleashed a breath of fire, creating a temporary wall between the demon and them. Daniella's eyes widened in realization as she heard the demon scream in agony. Fire was the key to victory.

      Daniella was on her feet in seconds as the wall dissipated. Without thinking, Daniella swung the Staff of Light in the same arc as the wall that Lotus had made. She watched the tip of the Staff as a red dragon aura flew from the tip and flew towards the demon. The dragon opened its jaws as it collided with the demon, almost as if swallowing it whole. The demon let out another loud scream as it slowly started to burn. She and Lotus watched as the demon slowly faded into nothing.

      Lotus and Daniella looked at each other for a few seconds before turning back to the spot that the demon had been standing. Daniella took a few steps forwards and inspected the small pile of ash in front of her.

"I don't know what that demon was, but good to know that they don't like fire," Daniella said as she stood from the pile.

"'They'? You mean there could be more?" Lotus asked as she shrank down to the size of a dog.

"I'm sure that there is more. Lao Lao said there were multiple types. I doubt that will be the last time we see whatever that was," Daniella answered, holding her arms open for Lotus to jump into. Lotus jumped and landed perfectly in Daniella's arms.

"Thank you for saving me. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be breathing right now," Daniella muttered as she nuzzled her nose against Lotus's head. Lotus purred in response.

"The Purple Ninja saved us!" a villager shouted from behind them. Daniella turned around to see a small group of villagers gathering around the scene. Daniella looked at each face, letting Lotus jump down.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I made the demon go away. I can help with the wall too. I know the demon did this, but we didn't really help either," Daniella replied, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Nonsense, we have the best masons in the 17 realms! We must celebrate your first victory!" the baker shouted. There were several shouts of agreement, causing Daniella to blush.

"Please, that really isn't necessary. I just did my job, you guys don't have to throw a party," Daniella said, looking to Lotus for help. Lotus gave Daniella a confused look as the villagers argued that a celebration was necessary.

"Daniella, you must forgive us," Ozir said loudly, slithering through the crowd, "We've been without a Purple Ninja for quite some time. We are proud that you have taken up the mantle and we want to show you just how much we appreciate what you did and what you will do. We know that the Purple Ninja must work in secret, and we take it upon ourselves to make sure that the Purple Ninja feels appreciated."

"Oh," Daniella replied, looking down at the ground. She could feel her cheeks grow even hotter.

"But we can save a large celebration for another victory, maybe just a big lunch with everyone, in your honor," Ozir suggested, trying to make both Daniella and the villagers happy.

"I think I could handle lunch. Is there something that I need to do, or bring?" Daniella asked the baker. The baker shook his head.

"Your kindness is boundless, but we will handle the lunch preparations and repairing the wall. All we ask is that you join us when we are through cooking," the baker invited, placing his fist into his other palm and bowing. The other villagers followed suit. Daniella looked at Ozir for guidance. Ozir motioned for Daniella to copy what the villagers did. She nodded before bowing in front of the villlagers.

"If you wish for me to join, then I will," Daniella agreed as she stood up straight. The villagers cheered as Daniella smiled.

"Ozir, is it possible for me to make a trip to the Library before I join the others for lunch?" Daniella asked quietly.

"Of course! I will come and fetch both you and Lotus when it is time for the lunch," Ozir nodded before slithering back to the villagers. Daniella looked back to Lotus and nodded towards the Library before walking in it's direction. Lotus bounded to catch up to Daniella as they made their way to the Library.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 161 20
This is a follow-up to my other story: Best Kept Secret. I suggest you read that one first for context. In Jay's eyes, Nya was perfect. She was the...
5.1K 110 16
Who would've thought, that the famed ninja would be a bunch of teenagers living their school life? Yeah..in this case, none of the ninja would have t...
269 5 5
Violet has foreseen a darkness coming and she knows the only way to combat this is with Garmadon's help. She uses the biggest lesson her mother has t...
4.9K 111 18
Shawn's little sister has it all. But then her life takes a turn.