Mentor or more? / Natasha Rom...

By yelenasbooks

Slow Updates! As you adjust to living with the Avengers you soon notice that Natasha is not exactly happy abo... More

Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter Two | Part One
Chapter two | part two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter Seven

Chapter six

1.1K 46 16
By yelenasbooks

Natasha's POV:

I can see a faint smile on her lips. "Let's go home okay?" I say softly.
The y/h/c haired girl nods and I gently pull her up with me. I quickly realise that she's too weak and hurt to walk, so I pick her up and carry her.

When we arrive at the hurrily parked motorcycle I let her down and get her seated. I give her my helmet and climb onto the motorcycle myself. "Y/N, you need to hold on tight, okay? Hold on tight and stay awake and focus. You gotta promise me okay?" I say in a serious tone.

She looks at me and raises her pinky finger. "I pinky promise." I can't hide the small smile that's forming across my face. I hook our pinkies and look her in the eyes. "Thank you."

I turn around and start the engine, feeling Y/N's arms wrap around me and holding on to me.
I quickly accelerate and make our way to the tower, driving way too fast. I occasionally bring one of my hands on top of Y/N's, squeezing three times to reassure her.

She squeezes back.

We arrive at the tower and I pick her up from the motorcycle, carrying her to the elevator.

Your POV:

You snuggle closer to Natasha as she's pressing the button for your floor. Your whole body is aching and you feel like dying, but ever since she found you hiding in that bush you feel a lot better.

"Nat?" You mumble against her skin. "Yes?" She questions back. "I'm cold. And hungry. And please don't tell anyone."

She scoffs. "What do you mean 'don't tell anyone'? Why did you even meet up with her? What the hell happened? Y/N, you're whole face is in cuts and bruises already."
She carries you out of the elevator and into her room. She lets you down on her bed and quickly vanishes to get a first aid kit.

When she reenters the room, she turns on the light, and really sees the effect of your mothers beating.
You can see the worry and hurt in her eyes, but Se quickly hides it again.

She kneels before you and cares for the wounds in your face first.
"Was this all your mother?" She asks quietly.
You nod.
"Do you want to tell me what happened?"
"No not really." You reply.
She sighs and gives you this 'Oh really' look.
"Okay fine. She just kept texting me, telling me she changed and how much she misses me and wants to meet me. I guess today in school I just kind of gave in. I know it's stupid." You let out a bitter laugh.
"It was stupid to meet her yes." Natasha agrees.
"Anyway, I went to meet her in this café. And she seemed genuinely hurt that I had left. She ordered us something to drink and I thought it would be coffee or something like that." You pause.

"Go on." The redhead assures you, tapping your leg three times.
"She ordered vodka something. At first I didn't want to drink, since, well you remember last time I drank. But she kept on making me feel guilty and at some point I just gave in. After a while she started being really rude and talking about my dad and my brother." You gulp, trying to hold back the tears.
"She told me I was a murderer and a killer. I knew she was drunk at that point. She only talks about them when she's intoxicated."
You look into Natasha's eyes, trying to figure out what she's thinking.

"I then decided to bring her home. But when we arrived there she didn't want to let me go again, she started hitting me, punching me, kicking me. And I just tried to think of something that makes me happy to just get through it." You pause again. Trying to think of what to say next.
Meanwhile Nat instructs you to take your shirt off, so she can clean your wounds and see if you need to go to a real doctor.
Your rib cage is blue and bruises are everywhere. You feel ashamed.

"I thought of Tony, and Wanda, and Peter and Pietro. Of my home. And of you. And then I remembered that I told you, that my mom blames me and such. And I just I panicked and I shoved her off. And then I ran and called you. I'm so glad you knew where I was. I was scared you wouldn't find me."
She smiles. "Of course I found you. I wouldn't have stopped looking."
„Thank you. And also thank you for allowing me to call you Nat."

She just smiles and keeps patching you up. "So" she starts, "I know you probably don't want this, but we have to do something about your mom. I mean what if she texts you again? What if she somehow gets close again and just does all of it again? Y/N please let me do something. Go to the police. Anything." She pleads, but her voice is stern, almost cold.

You vehemently shake your head. "No."
"But you can't just let her get away with this!"
You chuckle. "As far as I know only Thor and Bruce are part of the Revengers. They did not mention you being part of it. So nope."
"Y/N." She warns.
"I said no Nat. You have to accept that."
She scoffs.

"Fine. Then you're going to learn how to properly defend yourself. And you're going to train everyday, thrice as hard as you do right now." She states. "That or I'm calling the police."
Why did I call her again?
You nod in defeat. "Can I go to bed now? I'm tired and my head hurts. Also when will the others be back from Scottland?"
"Yes you can. Do you need anything? And I don't know, but they're in Ireland. Not Scottland."

"No Natasha I'm fine." You grab her hand and squeeze three times. You don't quite know what it means, but she does it to reassure you, so now you do too.
You slowly get up and walk into the direction of your shared bathroom. "Good night. And thank you again."

"Always." Is all that the former assasin replies.

You make your way to your couch, as everything hurts too much to walk up the few stairs in your room. You lay down and fall into a deep slumber not long after.
Your sleep doesn't last long though. You toss and turn, dreaming of your mother, and your father.
Seconds later you're woken up by someone shaking you.

"Hey, hey! It's just a dream. You're dreaming. I'm here." It's Natasha.
"Where's Wanda?" You ask. You open your eyes to see a flash of hurt in her beautiful green eyes, that vanishes just as quickly as it appeared.
"She's still on the mission. They should be back tomorrow though." Her voice now seems a lot colder and less caring. Did you do something wrong?

"Why are you on the couch?"
You and Natasha start arguing as she isn't pleased about you staying on your couch. Somewhere during your argument, tears start slipping down your cheeks, but you're both too distracted by yelling that neither of you really notice. As soon as Natasha does notice, she stops mid sentence. Without a warning you hug her, taking her by suprise. After a few seconds she hugs you back and strokes your hair in a comforting manner.
"I'm sorry' You start apologizing, "It's just, everything hurts. I just didn't have the energy to go upstairs. I just want to sleep Natasha. I just want to sleep."
She nod slowly. "Don't be sorry. Shhh. It's okay. It's all gonna be okay, you hear me?"
Without waiting for an answer, Nat picks you up again and carries you upstairs.

You cling onto her like a koala, resting your head between her neck and shoulder. "You don't have to do this, to carry me and all. You know, I might think you like me."
Natasha laughs at this. It's one of the few times you've heard her genuinely laugh. And you love the sound of it.

"I'm very serious Natasha." You try to sound intimidating, but you end up giggling like a little kid.
She sets you down on your bed, and as she walks down the first steps you catch yourself calling out her name.

She turns back to you. "Yes?"
Before you can even think about it you blurt out: "Can you stay? Like here? With me?" You both have equally surprised looks on your face, as soon as the question leaves your mouth.
"I mean, you don't have to I just thought tha-"
You're interrupted by her climbing into your bed next to you. "But I don't have my book with me, I can't read to you this time."
You blush, a bit embarrassed that she mentions it.
"Well, I do have a newly renovated room. Meaning I have some technology in here. Not like you in your middle aged cave." You smile at her,
She simply states: "We can't turn on the TV Y/N."
You shoot her a questioning look.
"And why is that Mrs. Romanoff?"
"Because I can't sleep with it on." She mutters under her breath.
"What was that?" You ask innocently, as the smile across your face widens.
"You heard me. I'm not repeating it."

"Fine, no TV."
You turn to look at Natasha and make yourself comfortable under your blanket, when you notice that you only have one blanket.
"Oh uhm- I can get you a-; You know what, just get under the blanket, I don't care."
To your surprise she lifts the blanket and finds herself a sleeping position.
You're turned to each other and you look into her eyes.
Again you get the feeling that she's leaning in, but thats just your imagination, right? Maybe you have a concussion and should see a doctor.
Your heart starts racing, as you two get closer and closer. Your breath hitches in your throat.
When you're only inches apart, shortly before you're about to take the risk and kiss her, Natasha speaks up.
"Turn around. I can't sleep like this."
With your heart still beating as fast as ever you just do as she said and turn around, so you're now facing your door. Why did I want her to be leaning in?
You can't form a clear thought, but you're so tired, you don't mind.
You close your eyes, and after a few minutes you fall back into the land of dreams enjoying the feeling of two strong arms wrapping around you and pulling you closer.

A/N: hello, I thought now that I'm motivated, why not present you another chapter today! Anyways here it is, again not proof read or anything but yeah.

Im not quite sure where this story is going but I hope you enjoy it anyways! I'm trying my best here 😅

As always I'm open for criticism, advice or just ideas in general (for the plot)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 81 14
This is a sequel to my book Maximoff. If you have not read that yet go do that because there will be some things in this book that will be confusing...
88.7K 2.9K 26
Everyone knows the famous Natasha Romanoff but only as a soldier. Not many people know what happened in the battle against Thanos but how could she f...
225K 6.6K 50
'𝚠𝚘𝚠, 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚡𝚒𝚌.' '𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭, 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭.' Y/N Y/L/N was not your typi...
32K 1.1K 23
You never saw it coming, that's what you kept telling yourself, anyway. But the signs were always there, lingering beneath the surface, waiting to be...