Blindly Running into Trouble

By everyday_imstumblin

"Basically this story is about Avan who is a blind, grumpy, moody, arro-" "Okay! I think they get your po... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
TEASER!! coz i'm cool like that
Chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Blindly Running into Trouble-THE MOVIE!!!
Part I
Part II
Part lll

chapter 10

17.2K 772 174
By everyday_imstumblin

“Hello lovely couple down the street!” I shouted to the lovely couple down the street, “Hey they’re waving to us Avan, wave to them” I wildly waved while Avan just kept walking. “I said wave horsy!” I hit his head, “And how am I suppose to do that if I’m carrying you?” he angrily shouted back.

I was tired of being carried piggy back so I made Avan carry me bridal style. So many people stared and by God do I love the attention “Hello my minions! Meeting at 9, the same place where we try to figure out how to take over the world!” I was acting like maniac, my hands were waving wildly and I was laughing evilly.

People on the pathway moved aside as they should, their master is in their presence. Then suddenly a very cute dog walked past us “Omg, Avan a cute dog!” I climbed over Avan so I was half way over his shoulder. “Stop moving!” Avan stopped and tried to get control over me, my legs were kicking him and my hands were finding places to pull myself up over his broad shoulder.

It probably looked pretty crazy from another point of view.

My leg then accidentally hit a bit too low and Avan left everything to protect his sensitive area. I jumped down, and saw Avan groan in pain. OMG, what do I do?

Oh right…

“HELP! HELP SOMEBODY!” I screamed and people started to look. “A blind person is injured, quick call 911!” I bent down to Avan’s level and patted his back “It’s ok Avan, help is on its way, just hang in there!” I nervously started to bite my nails.

“Ciara what are you doing!?” Avan hissed, “You’re hurt, I must help you” I told him before continuing my plea for help. Avan groan, I’m not sure in pain or frustration “Avan don’t die on me man!” I exclaimed.

“Man down! SOS! Houston we have a little problem!” I thought of every help call, people started to gather and a few had their phones out ready calling 911.  Then a middle aged man came running forward, “It’s okay, I’m a doctor. Where are you hurt son?” he asked Avan who began to glow red.

“Oh no, he also has a fever too, I remember from this morning” I told the doctor who nodded his head. “I’m going to need you to lie down son, you look a little bit pale.” The good doctor said and tried to help Avan down but that just made him snap.

“Enough! I am fine, I’m not hurt or sick!” he angrily exclaimed.

“Look so-“the doctor tried to speak, I on the other hand, was too occupied trying controlling my laugh.

“No! I’m perfectly fine, Ciara just accidentally kicked me. Now if you excuse us, we have school to get to” Avan grabbed my hand and started to pull me, his hand gripped mine tightly and as soon as we were far away from the shocked crowd, I let it out.

“Hahah!” my tummy was hurting and I couldn’t get air in my lungs but it’s all worth it. “T-that was s-so funny.” I wiped away my tears and looked to Avan’s face, it was still red and that just made me laugh again.

“Cheer up Avan, scowling makes you look old.” I patted his cheek; I took of his sunglasses to see his pretty eyes, but then realised something. “Hey, your left eye twitches when you’re angry. I never knew that.”

This was all so fascinating.

Avan began to growl “You know if I didn’t need you to walk me to school, I would’ve ditched you from the moment you drank that energy drink” he grumbled. “Now now, no need to say mean thing you don’t mean.” I patted his arm “Think happy thoughts, see we arrived to school.” I grinned as we stood outside the school gates.

“…It’s quiet” Avan said “Too quiet.”

“That’s because we’re late” I casually told him and check my imaginary watch on my wrist “About half hour late, so we missed most of Bio”

Avan sighed, “The more I hang out with you, the more I realize that I’m going to fail school” I snorted, oh please, I checked out that boys’ student file, I’m sure his A’s will make him pass. Just so you know, it was Maya’s idea…I just went along with it.

“Yeah…fail” I mentally giggled as we walked in school. We got to the office and waited for the lady to give us our late passes, she didn’t even ask for the reason but I’m pretty sure Mr Richardson will and so I came up with the perfect excuse.

I knocked on the Biology door and then walked in with Avan trailing behind me. “Miss Swan and Mr Jackson” he practically spat out our names “So glad you came.” I did not appreciate his sarcasm, I should get his ass fired but then I think back to all the times we had together, where I accidentally blew up the class or when I stepped on his pants and it ripped.

I couldn’t do that to Mr Richardson, he’s like my second entertainment. “Sorry about that, Avan got us lost.” Next to me, Avan smacked his forehead and the class laughed. Smiling, I placed out passes on the desk “Men, they will never ask for directions. They think they know everything.” I shook my head while some of the girls giggled.

I pulled Avan to the back and sat down, I was determined to pay extra attention in this class, I don’t know why but I had this sudden urge. My eyes were trained on the board; everything Richardson said went inside my brain.

It was like I could actually understand what he was saying, I suddenly started to cry, my eyes were watering and little sobs escaped my lips. “Ciara, hey are you okay?” Avan face softened as he placed a hand on my knee. “Avan” I whimpered I turned my head to him.

“What is it?” he pulled my chair closer to him and wrapped his arms around my waist. “I…” I tried to speak but I chocked on a sob instead. “Take a deep breath and let it out” I did what he said and inhaled and exhaled. “I-I can finally understand Biology…it’s a very beautiful moment for me.”

Avan paused for a moment and he then smiled and shook his head, and then instead of fighting it…he went along with me “Yes it is, we must treasure this moment and let it forever be in our hearts.”

…WTF?

I just stared at Avan and then my eyebrows furrowed “Avan, are you sure you’re not the one who drank the energy drink and now doesn’t know what he’s talking about” Avan’s face fell “There is no pleasing you.” he turned his attention back to the front.

“Good try” I pity pat his shoulder “But leave the weirdness to me amateur.” I went back to understanding biology when I suddenly felt something crawling on my leg. “Avan, get your hand of my leg” I hit him on his arm; he winced and muttered angrily while rubbing the spot where I hit him. “I don’t have my hand on your leg”

The thing kept moving up my leg and my brows furrowed “Avan…” if he doesn’t have his hand on my leg…then what’s touching me? “Hmm” I turned my stiff head to Avan and then something caught my eye, looking past Avan my eyes went to the empty container…that usually held the school’s tarantula.

Mummy…  

“Avan” I silently squeaked, my voice was cracking as the thing got closer to my thigh. I couldn’t even look down at it for fear that it was real. “What” he asked not so nicely. I tried to control my breathing and heart rate, my body sat still as the thing stopped on my mid thigh of my left leg. “Wh-…What do you do…” I gulped “if a tarantula is crawling up your leg?” I rushed through my words because it started to move again.

“What?” he asked bewildered “I swear Ciara if this is another of-“

“There’s a freaking spider-zilla on my leg, why the hell would I lie about something like that!” I spat at him when the spider moved on to rest on my hand. I could see its black beady eyes and fang and oh God, I feel faint!

“J-just calm down, no sudden movements.” Avan was panicking which made me panic. “Where’s the container?”

“T-to your left-t” while Avan blindly looked for the box, I started letting out little squeals and people began turning around to see the commotion. “Miss Swan what in-“

“AHHH!!!!” I shot out of my chair making it fall behind me. My left hand was held out straight and on it was a black tarantula gripping on for dear life. Girls and some guys saw the thing and immediately went to the front of the class, screaming, “Ciara I got the container!” Avan shouted.

But I wasn’t listening; I was making my way to the front of the class, where all the students were. My hands were waving wildly. “Get it off! Get it off! Get it off!” I screamed.

The class was in total chaos; Mr Richardson was trying to calm down the students while I was hunting them down with a spider on my hand. It was like when you watch your friend getting chase and then they start coming your way and you have to make a run for it too.

Yeah well, that’s what I’m doing to the class.

Guys and girls were on the table and chairs; everyone was running away from me. They pushed past each other, friends turned against friends and some even hid behind others. The classroom just had to be the perfect place for echoes, because all the high pitch screams of the girls were really doing damage to my ears.

“MUMMY!!!” I squealed when the thing looked at me with its gazillion eyes.

I saw a big buffed jock and figured he was man enough to get it off my hand, so I immediately turned my attention to him. He saw this and made a run for it but I right behind him “Hey! Be a man and get it off me!”

“Get away from me!” The big guy pushed a nerd in front of him as a human shield, the nerd was too scared to move. From the spider or the big guy behind him, I shall never know

Avan just stood in the back, hearing the commotion. That fool had a grin on his face and was shaking his head; I bet he would be laughing if there wasn’t so much noise.

He was suppose to be the prince that saves me-oh wait that’s me; well he’s not doing a very good job at being my trusted steed.

That good for nothing, stu- hey, Avan’s making his way to me

He used the toppled tables to guide him my way, he probably is listening to my screams, that’s how he knew where I was. My body went into shut down about a minute before Avan started moving, so it just stood still as I let out ear piercing screams.

“Kitty, I need your help to get it off your hand” Avan spoke calmly and my body reacted by letting out little screams. Avan gently took my left hand that had the spider, his other hand searched for a table. Then ever so slowly he brought my left hand on the table “Now I need you to take a piece of paper or something to move the tarantula on the table”

Mutely I nodded even though he couldn’t see and grabbed a pen on the desk and started to push the monster off. The second the thing climbed of my hand, I immediately jumped in Avan’s. “My trusted steed, I knew you would come back for me!” I got on my tippy toes and kissed Avan’s cheek. Avan let out a cheeky grin and held on me tighter.

The class finally settled down and someone bravely came up and put a box over the spider.

I don’t know why but I started to clap, it seemed like the perfect moment to applause. Weirdly enough others started to join me…nah jokes, I was the only one clapping.  

“Could everyone settle down back to their seats” Mr Richardson look flustered, he was even leaning on a table for support. Geez, it’s not like the guy ran a marathon so why is he exhausted. “Miss Swan and Mr Jackson go to the principal’s office”

“Why?” I asked, there was no reason for us to go.

“Just get out of my class. It was so peaceful before you came.” He pointed out the door; I pouted but grabbed Avan’s hand. With my chin held high, we walked passed Mr Richardson and knew I had to have the last say “We didn’t want to be in this class anyway” I huffed and strolled away with a chuckling Avan.

As we were making our way to the principal’s office Avan spoke “You know, I think I’ve come to enjoy your antic when they don’t relate to me” Avan began gently swinging out hands with a grin on his face. “Yes well, you have to get used to this because now you’re my new side kick. Maya used to be it but she suddenly dissap-“

“Boo!” Maya shouted to my right, and I let out another scream. My right had lashed out, hitting Maya’s nose.

“Seriously Ciara, you have got to learn how to control that muscle spasm” Maya clutched her nose and took a step away from me.

“Well you should know by now that I’ve tried.” I pouted. “So what are you doing here?” I asked to distract her from the pain, Maya rubbed her nose and then spoke “Well I heard the commotion about you guys being late and then the whole tarantula thing”

“The spider incident happened like 5 minutes ago, how the hell did you know so quickly?” Avan asked. Maya and I smirked “Ciara and I have our way to get what we want.” She vaguely answered. Maya walked with us to the office, “So why were you late?” she asked.

“Demon dog kept me up all night” I grumbled. “Ha! Fido did it again. Where did you sleep this time? Not in the backyard I hope” Maya laughed.

“I slept in Avan’s bed” this abruptly stopped her laughing. “You’re joking!” Maya blocked our path, “So Avan just let you come to his house and sleep in his bed” her eyebrows were raised.

I looked to Avan, he didn’t have an expression on his face so I just told her “Not exactly, I just went to his house and slept in his bed without permission.” That sounds so stalker-ish. “In my defense, I didn’t know what I was doing at 4:30 in the morning.”

“But you still thought enough to come over to my house.”  Avan said raising his eyebrows.

“Well…yeah.”

“Wow! How was it?” Maya wiggled her eyebrows.

“We just slept…oh and Avan snores” I snickered

“I do not!” he exclaimed. “Oh please you’re just in denial.” I waved my free hand.

“You know last time you didn’t even survive first period. How are you awake?” Maya incredulously asked, “I’m running on energy drinks.” Maya gasped and took cover behind a close-by bin. “I’m not that bad!” I exclaimed “Am I?” I asked Avan who nodded his head.

Maya slowly and cautiously came out and poked me in the arm “You’re not going crazy and you actually sound close to normal…something’s wrong?”  Maya kept poking me and I kept swatting her hands away. She turned her head to Avan and then to me. She then looked at our entwined hands.

“Interesting” she rubbed her fake moustache and started to circle us “It seems to me that Avan is controlling your…wackiness. It’s definitely a proven theory if you say she drank an energy drink and is still normal.”

“I’m not a lab rat to be studied you know, and I’m not wacky.” I was annoyed at her theory; Avan is not controlling my wackiness. Maya snorted, “Pah-leez that first time you had an energy drink, you miraculously found a bulldozer and drove it around the neighborhood and then you seem to have forgotten the whole incident the next morning.”

“Where the hell did you find a bulldozer?” Avan seemed shocked. “Didn’t you hear what Maya said, I can’t remember.” I rolled my eyes at him.

Avan was about to speak but then the bell rang signaling lunch time. Students crowded the halls heading for the cafeteria, “Yay food, let’s go” I went to push Avan in the cafeteria direction but he wouldn’t budge “Don’t we have to go to the principal?”

“Eh he knows where we are.” Avan accepted it and we went off to get our lunch.

Once grabbing our food we headed to our table and sat down. I chose the seat opposite of Avan and Maya because I wanted to stretch my legs out on the seat next to me.

“Hey, I actually think that I can survive school with only 4 hours sleep.” I was sure I had enough energy for the day…but like always, the universe takes fun in proving me wrong.

My eyelids began to become heavy, my movements were slowing and I couldn’t seem to pay attention to what Maya was saying…oh wait she’s not even talking. I could barely keep my head up and had to support myself with my hand. “Ci…you’re not going to fall asleep are you” Maya stretched across the table and poked my head.

Uh oh…she activated auto-pilot

Find comfortable place to sleep

Shitty-shitty, bang-bang!!!

Please don’t do what I think the auto pilot is going to do.

I was too tired to fight it and so I let myself crawl over the table, pushing away the food which ended up on the floor. “Hey, what the hell!” Poor Avan, he had no clue what was happening.

I'm sorry Avan, FORGIVE ME!

I grabbed Avan’s neck to steady me as I got off the table and placed myself on his lap, Avan instinctively wrapped his arms around me to stop me falling. I placed my head at the crook of his neck and soaked in his warmth. I let out a content sigh, and then suddenly everything went black.

Ladies and gentlemen, I, Ciara Swan…have fallen asleep in Avan’s arms…in school…at lunch…I’m hungry.

***

there you go, the next chapter 

no need to applause 
*waves hand*
please stop it, your're making me blush
*giggles*

Well i'm out *salutes* 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 7.4K 25
Once upon a sleepover before vacations, Bethany Summers and her two friends make a list, a sacred list to help her find a perfect guy. A list of qual...
8.3M 283K 37
Ginelle Hayes is orphaned, and after escaping her abusive guardian with a dark secret, she finds herself alone on the cruel streets of London. Then E...
107K 7.2K 41
Rosie Grey was only seven years old when she arrived at Mr Thompson's cotton factory. Now fourteen, she has become accustomed to the treatment of the...
1.5M 78K 45
(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silently falling for her childhood best friend...